Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Fairy Tail] Headquarters

Aine palmed her face when she heard this young man's reaction to his ownership of four of the Golden Zodiac Keys. "Holds a third of the Zodiac, doesn't realize how amazing it is." she mentioned. Upon hearing his answer to her question the rubbing of her face only became more obvious, hiding her expression for a moment but words were still falling from her face after. Like she was figuring out what was going on here given this young man's response. "Nice guy who just wants to do good for others. Giving away his money and his work for free just because he can. Iris, you vouch for this guy right?" she asked of the girl who gave a quick nod before she offered a real response. "He saw my afternoon show and donated to me without having any idea who I was. And when I tried to give it back, he insisted I keep it... it was a months rent Sis. He's a good guy, promise." she finished only to return to her conversation with the young man known as Axel. "Oh, 100,000 jewel to a random apparently struggling Mage. Nice indeed. Alright then. Welcome to Fairy Tail." she said with a smile. She reached behind the bar and came up with a large stamp. "Now then, where do you want your stamp?" she asked she always gave a choice in this sort of thing, and with that in mind the Guild Master would wait with a smile on her face.

Meanwhile Iris was being asked a very specific question by her companion of the moment, which would have been fine, but the follow up question was kind of invasive. Upon hearing it her face and ears went an rather intense shade of red and her eyes widened just a bit. She'd then cover her face with her hands while furiously shaking her head back a forth. "No, nothing like that, I actually just met my goal for getting set up at Fairy Hills, and now I am going to take over as Barmaid down here. I uh... still don't have a boyfriend. But I can't say I've actually been looking for one or anything." she said uncovering her still red face. "That was a bit embarrassing Axel~ But I get it... sorry you haven't found anything worth doing in a while. I am sure something good will come up eventually." she offered with a smile. All the while the two girls at the table were fuming at this girls' apparent show with their intended. So much, that they'd stopped arguing and started plotting against her instead.

"Eh!? You mean I'm in!?" More than anything, Camus was surprised to have been accepted into a Guild after sharing his ideals. Never had this happened before, but he certainly wouldn't be questioning it too much. Instead, he pulled on the left side of his cloak's neck opening to leave open the skin of his shoulder. This would be the location he wanted his stamp.

Iris' reaction to his final words caused Axel to chuckle. He didn't expect her to respond in such a way, but this only made it that much more amusing to the man. "Fairy Hills, huh? Let me know when you're set up; I'll swing by," he said, laughing once more. "Y'know, if you're going to work all the time without giving yourself a minute to enjoy life, then there's no point to working at all. Just sayin'"

A smile crossed Aine's face as this boy reacted to the news that he'd be allowed to join Fairy Tail. And she simply nodded. "Yeah, of course. This place, is like a huge family, even our mean members are nice. So, you'll fit in just fine. Besides... Iris vouched for you." she said taking the opportunity to stamp the boy's shoulder where he'd indicated leaving the Guild mark where it belonged. She couldn't help but feel this was an excellent decision and with that in mind she waved the boy off. "Now go on and make some new friends." she said motioning to the full cheering crowd. Everyone vying for the attention of the apparent new guy so he could be properly welcomed to the Guild.

Meanwhile, Iris was conversing with Axel and she noted his amusement but knew not what it pertained to. Instead she simply shrugged it off. "Hai hai, though I don't think men are allowed in Fairy Hills." she mentioned while rolling her eyes, only to whisper a follow up statement. "It's fine though, I'm sure I can sneak you in~" As the conversation progressed one might think that the girl worked too much, but she was only working now so she'd have time to do what she wanted to later. A grin crossed her face as she shook her head from left to right. "Don't get the wrong idea. I have only been working so much so I could do what I want for the next half a year before I have too worry about anything. S-class trials are coming up... they are my next major goal. But that is just for fun... now that I have a regular job and I am like 8 months ahead on my rent... I don't have to worry about anything else. Enjoyment comes swiftly." she finished with a large grin. This particular young woman seemed very goal oriented and now that she'd completed her goals she seemed to be very happy with herself.

"Right... thanks," Camus said as he bowed once more, doing as the woman said afterwards and running off to mingle with the other Guild members as best he could. In the meantime, Axel reached over the bar counter in an attempt to sneak a bottle of anything he could grab. "I'm allowed everywhere. Well... maybe not, but that never stopped me before. If you're going for the trials, good luck. I'm going to be a part of it, so it won't be easy." When Axel said this, he raised both hands and shrugged, closing his eyes and grinning snidely in the process. "Well... I might be inclined to take a bribe of some sort. I dunno."

With that taken care of Aine headed upstairs, her office was at the top of this building and beyond that she'd stop and have a look at the S-class missions and see if anything interesting was on the board that the young man had missed. Beyond that she'd look over the papers on her desk as well as setting up for Iris' place in Fairy Hills in addition to figuring out the kind of pay she should expect as the Bar Manager. This would be more busy work for the blue haired woman. "Yare, yare... after all this I am going to need a nap." she said knowing that after she was done here she'd likely head to Fairy Hills herself.

Meanwhile, it seemed that Iris' conversation with the young man with her would continue. He seemed to lack normal boundaries but she had known that for quite some time. It was funny to her that he had wished her luck with her S-Class trials and more than that, had even said he might be open to taking bribes from the girl which only made her grin. "Oh? Thanks for the well-wishes... and I didn't expect it to be easy, that is why I wanted everything else taken care of before I participated." she said. "Though I have to wonder what you'd accept as a bribe... not that I am offering to bribe you or anything." she said having recently taken a seat beside the boy her brow rose ever so slightly like she thought him odd. And in this case she did. To be fair this was a pretty long conversation for the two of them, the two girls also noticed this and were practically green with jealousy.

"When I say it won't be easy, what I actually mean is that it will be harder than anything any of you have ever been through," Axel clarified. He then leaned against the bar counter, putting out his cigarette on an ash trey beside him while slipping a vodka bottle from the other side of the bar. "Lucky~!" he said as he pulled the bottle around to his front. He then found himself facing away from the bar, both arms propped up against the counter. "A bribe is a bribe. Depending on the quality of the offer, anyone would take one.

Iris simply shook her head, a look of mock disgust spreading across her face as the man spoke on the difficulty of the S-class trials. "Eh, when you say it like that, it seems daunting. If I was easily dissuaded from goals, I'd be considering not even trying right now." she said a smile forming across her face as she finished this sentence. "But, I am not so easily dissuaded and I like challenges... sounds like fun to me." she finished. Along with being goal oriented and exceedingly motivated this girl seemed to be very pleased at the idea of facing a new challenge when it was possible. With that in mind it made perfect sense to her to continue on with her goal of facing the S-class trials this year when she didn't have to worry about rent or taking extra jobs. The fact that it was supposed to be the hardest challenge she or any of her peers would face, made it even better. There was a light in her eyes in this moment akin to a burning flame, her desire to face that challenge unaffected by what was said about it.

Moving right along. It would seem that this young man thought everyone would take a bribe if it was presented in the right way. Beyond that he seemed to have found whatever he was looking for behind the bar and was now having a drink of vodka. "Oh? Don't put your off sense of morality on everyone else. I am sure there is someone somewhere who wouldn't take a bribe. Again, not considering giving any but.. seems like the sort of thing that take just as much time and motivation as learning to do the thing in the first place. I mean... if you are going to go through all the trouble, of figuring out what someone likes enough that they won't turn it down... you could just better spend that effort figuring out how to complete the original task yourself. Unless there was something else in that bribe for you directly." she said thinking about this from a logical standpoint was too much. "Eh, you're going to share right?" she asked reaching behind the bar and coming up with a glass.

When he finally decided to open the bottle he'd acquired, which came only after he was sure Aine was nowhere nearby, Axel took a swig directly from the bottle. He fully intended to keep the entire thing for himself. After a few gulps, he lowered it to address Iris. "You're thinking too hard. The point of a bribe is that it's the easier way to get through something. Well... it could be. It could also be difficult, but it's the experience of a different kind of challenge... or something like that. I dunno." With that said, Axel held out the bottle with its tip pointed in Iris' direction. "Fine; here. I'm obviously not gonna say anything about someone else drinking."

"Eh, what you're saying sounds more complicated." she said waving off the boy but accepting the drink she'd obviously been waiting to get. She sat there with her legs crossed at the ankle enjoy the drink she'd now accepted from the young man at her side. With that she filled her glass and once it was full she passed the bottle back. A huge grin crossed her face as she took her first sip which would only be followed by a slight shiver. "Thank you~" she said making a note to remember this moment of friendliness later when she was actually the bartender and this young man might require a drink. "I don't do bribes I think... but if I ever did, obviously you're the one to offer it to." she said with a chuckle. She took this moment to look around and take in this atmosphere which she enjoyed while wondering if she'd be able to finish this drink before Aine returned from upstairs, which she knew the blue haired woman would do eventually.

"Probably because I have no clue what I'm actually talking about. I was just tryin' to bullshit you," Axel replied as he reclaimed the bottle. In the next few passing moments, he took a few more swigs, followed by a deep sigh which accompanied the young man's reddened face. "Of course I'm the guy to bribe! I'm the strongest Mage in Fairy Tail... probably. And I'm... not incredibly good with alcohol. I should probably not drink much more of this. Aine says I'm a bit off my rocker when I've gone too far, so she never lets me have a proper drink."

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast