Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: [Fairy Tail] Headquarters

"The smell of a Dragon is pretty hard to mistake. I'm not saying she's a Dragon Slayer, but she's definitely been around Dragons before. I wanna find out why."

When Uriel returned to Aine's location, she once again decided to address something he'd done recently. In this particular case, the man shrugged while looking out into the crowd of Fairy Tail Mages. "It would have been rude to keep it. That child probably didn't have it in him to push through the crowd when it first hit. I could only wonder how one that young would react when they finally reached something, only to have it immediately taken away from them. The world is too harsh as it is to let something so trivial pile on top of other stresses in a child's mind, isn't it?"

Meanwhile, the very same child Aine and Uriel spoke of was eating the slice of cake he'd been offered when he was addressed by none other than the Crystal Mage Iris. Taking a moment to wipe icing off the corner of his mouth and taste it, he looked toward the man Iris drew attention to. "I've never seen him. I just figured he was here to join, but who cares; he gave me the last slice of the best cake!" the boy said with a large, sparkling grin before cramming more of said cake into his face. With the swollen cheeks that came with this large bite, he returned his attention to Iris and spoke to her directly. "I'm fine, by the way. I figured you would have taken a job by now."

"Hm..." Takara said only to finish licking the last bits of cake from her paws and take a gander from the second floor down to the first where Iris could currently be seen speaking to another young mage. "And you thought the best way to converse with her about her potential involvement with dragons was to take her on a mission. Instead of, oh I don't know, just asking her?" Takara concluded. It seemed a bit invasive to try to get the information out of the girl without being a bit more direct about it. Then again, perhaps he was looking to gather more evidence one way or the other and a mission was a good way to determine this.

A smile crossed Aine's face as she both understood the reasoning and knew that it likely would have been crushing for the particular young one not to get what he wanted out of that particular trip up to the sweets. Still it was very odd that a random adult would take any care at all about the well-fare of a random child they didn't know. And this man had done so twice. Regardless of what he was or wasn't he was at the very least had a kind heart and this was something Aine appreciated in all of her friends. "Well, yes, that is true. And I figured he wouldn't make it up there in time. So, I saved him a piece too." Aine mentioned sliding the piece of strawberry shortcake over to Uriel with a smile on her face. "So, accept. And have some cake with the rest of us." she mentioned while breaking to dig into her own favorite which was a triple fudge cake with whipped cream on top. "Ya' know, despite the utter suspicion surrounding you when you arrived here today, you're pretty cool, Uriel~" she went on to say.

Meanwhile Iris was busy talking to the young boy with his so recently acquired cake as she finished up the last of her own. "Hai hai, actually Axel asked me to go on a mission with him." she said about her lack of mission taking. "I was going to refuse, but Sis, thinks I should go and said she'd look after the circus while I am gone so I guess I will." she said having a glance up at the second floor. "It's weird though, Axel is cool and all, but I didn't figure he'd want to go on a mission with me."

"It's not that simple. Iris isn't the kind of person who'd know about Dragons, but not say anything knowing there are Dragon Slayers in this Guild looking for the ones that raised them. If she's had contact with Dragons, then even she doesn't know about it. This job might be a reminder, if I'm right." This was all Axel had to say about the matter. With that, he put out the cigarette he'd been smoking since he returned from outside, and hopped onto the railing of the second floor balcony to look down and guess at how long it would be before he could leave.

Not long after moving past the ordeal of giving a child his slice of cake, Uriel was informed that Aine foresaw this occurring, and had a slice of that very same cake reserved for the boy. A grin spread across the Wizard Saint's face as he was handed this additional slice. "I should have known someone like you would have taken such precautions. Arigatou," he said when he took the cake. "Like I said earlier: people always find me suspicious, but it's always because my entrances are... well, never what I want them to be, to put it lightly. For example, my arrival through the ceiling of a women's bathroom."

"Axel?" the boy questioned prior to swallowing the large amount of cake held in his mouth. "But he only takes S-class and higher jobs. Sugoi! I'm jealous!"

"Sou ka." the cat said while stretching just a bit and also hopping onto the railing Axel was now occupying. She had a look down below and that stern expression of hers remained. "Well, that seems a bit more reasonable... but I wonder what could have made her forget such a thing?" she said. She fully agreed though, people like Iris generally wanted to help, and knowing that other Dragon Slayers were looking for their foster parents would have made the Crystal Mage share all. If she hadn't then it only made sense that she didn't know she knew something. But that was odd in and of itself. No matter though it seemed that they would soon get their answers.

Meanwhile the Wizard Saint Uriel fully accepted his slice of cake and seemed to think that he should have guessed that Aine would have planned ahead for the boy's potential lack of cake attainment. Uriel then pushed off is suspicious nature on the fact that he never arrived in a way that was okay. Mention of his earlier arrival into the women's bathroom at Fairy Hills was enough to make the blue haired woman chuckle. "Yeah. We are actually used to stuff breaking around here, but that landing was enough to make Ko-chan suspicious... still you were nice about it~" she said as she continued eating. "If that happens a lot I would suggest a different form of travel, you shouldn't have people mistaking you for a creepy character when you are so nice."

Iris on the other hand was laughing at the young boy with her shaking her head from left to right. "You would be jealous of this Hana." she said rolling her eyes just a little in a joking manner. But to be honest she was still feeling a bit odd, more than that she wanted to understand that feeling she'd managed to have before while engaged in battle with Axel. "You know you could just ask to go along on S-class missions if you wanted~" she mentioned to the boy with a smile.

"Dunno. Let's go find out," Axel said as he hopped off the rails. He landed amidst the crowd, and began a casual stroll toward Iris during the progression of her discussion with the blonde lad.

While eating his cake, Uriel considered the circumstances of his entry to many locations on his first visit. "To be perfectly honest, I've tried. It only made things more... complicated, so to speak. It never ends well, no matter what I do, but I usually have my Wizard Saint badge to smooth things over. Things turn out fine in the end."

"I could!?" exclaimed the boy deemed 'Hana' when told how easily he could gain permission to take an S-class job. "Can I go with you two on this one then?" he asked. When he did, Axel reached the pair's location and placed a hand upon the young boy's shoulder. "I was just about to ask if you would. Get it together; we're going now."

"Hai." the cat lady said as she settled into her perch on the boy's shoulders.

As this happened Aine seemed to be having a conversation which made a smile come to her face. A chuckle would ensue as she finished off her slice of cake. "Hm, well I understand that. Good thing you have that badge, wouldn't want people constantly mistaking you for a bad guy~" she said thinking about it she still thought she should keep an eye on this man, but that he was nice she said something that was a bit off-handed. "How about, we put a Fairy Tail Guild Mark on your chest? It'd keep you from being mistaken for a bad guy, while letting me keep an eye on you. Though it probably won't help with your mishaps." she said. Now one might wonder how serious the woman known as the Fairy Queen was about the apparent offer to join her guild, and the answer was simply... very.

Meanwhile Iris, was busy chatting with the boy known as Hana. Hana seemed infinitely excited by the prospect of accompanying them and Iris wasn't one to shoot down this particular kid. "Really, but you have to ask..." she started to say, when Axel popped down and apparently decided this kid go along with them. "Well then I guess it's all good. It'll be fun having you along, Hana~" she said turning on her heels. "I suppose I'll go get a couple of things then I'll be ready~ Meet ya' at the station~" said Iris as she headed towards the front. "Ja, Sis. We're taking Hana too~" she mentioned to Aine as she left.

Without saying so much as another word, Axel was on his way through the door. He wanted nothing more than to hurry this job along, and he couldn't possibly get off the boat fast enough. As such, he left, and the boy Hana was not far behind. Meanwhile, Uriel was caught with a forkful of cake in his mouth and wide eyes, as he'd apparently been offered a spot as a Fairy Tail Mage. "Yare yare. That's a bit much, isn't it? I figure my status would be a bit intimidating."

"Hai hai, have fun." said Aine to the group now headed out on a mission, with the cat Takara looking back from her perch on Axel's shoulders. They were an interesting group but she figured since they were Fairy Tail mages they'd t least look after each other while they were out. She had no worries about them, instead she noticed the wide eyed look on the face of current companion and laughed, not believing his reaction. She'd only roll her eyes thereafter and wave him off. "Not really... you should know by now none of them would care." she mentioned absentmindedly pulling from within her bosom the medallion she'd been given as a new member of the Ten Wizard Saints and floating it above her hand with a small bit of black wind. "Plus you want to join, yeah? No one who wants to belong somewhere and is nice should be alone. You said you want to know what it's like, its easiest if you experience it first hand." she mentioned as if she wasn't at all invested in this either way. She simply thought it was easier to ask him to join, since he didn't seem like he would ask to join of his own accord.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678