Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Main Thread

“Who are you?” May asked, annoyed that the power enhancer was not in her possession.

The hooded figure in the white suit lifted an index finger and placed it where the mouth would have been if it wasn’t covered by a mask, signaling May to keep quiet. It was an obvious taunt. Then, in the blink of an eye, the figure was gone along with the silver case. It seemed she had the power of invisibility. Judging by the shape of the suit, the thief also happened to be a woman.

Gnashing her teeth, May drowned out the noises erupting from the commotion and focused on her surroundings. Her eyes blazed yellow, her iris contracting to become thin slits. Her vision changed to black and white with every organic matter glowing in different shades of color, much like an aura. All human beings within the vicinity glowed a deep shade of red but one in particular, burned brighter. It was the hooded figure and she was running away from the stage, heading for a set of faulty escalators leading to the upper level of the train station.

“You’re not getting away,” May murmured.

She flexed her left arm, transforming it into a grotesque giant hand with claws the size of an elephant’s tusks before aiming it at her enemy. With a snap, May’s fingers closed around the figure’s waist, squeezing it until the woman let out a pained cry. She began dragging the thief closer to her while increasing the force of her hold, a wicked smile twisting her lips. But as she did so, the hairs at the back of her neck rose and a sudden sense of warning shot through her. Before she could turn her face over her shoulder, jolts of intense pain speared her body.

May dropped to her knees, her morphed arm retracting, her eyes squeezed shut as she bore the agony. Her organic vision deactivated. The smell of burning flesh and singed hair assaulted her nose. Her regenerative abilities fought to heal the damage done to her tissues. When the pain stopped, she opened her eyes and staggered to a stand, regaining her strength with self-healing. The thief was gone and the man with the LED mask was flying away from the vicinity. It was he who had attacked her. Quickly, she scanned the area with her organic vision but could not find the woman. Only the silver case remained, opened to reveal its empty chambers.

Cassie’s photonic blast hit the masked man in the head as she’d intended. Even as he took the hit, the man couldn’t keep his mouth shut. On the left side of his visor, his digital emote eye flickered but returned to its initial state as though it had suffered no harm. As the man stood up too fast, Cassie channeled a bust of power to the tips of her fingers and fired another blast at the man’s heart. He disappeared and reappeared to her right. Aside from telekinesis, it seemed he also possessed superhuman speed.

“Stop talking and fight me, coward,” she said, her voice dripping with hostility. He was annoying the hell out of her with his silly antics.

When Cassie left the orphanage, she’d promised to protect Ronald under any circumstances. She wasn’t about to break that promise now. If the masked man intended to “question” Ronald, he could do more harm than he did at the auction. Cassie had to eliminate him at all costs. But as she aimed a stronger attack in his direction, he flew away from her and returned to the stage. In a blur of speed, she moved to where Ronald was and stood in front of him, using herself as a shield. The masked man paid no attention to them. Instead, he directed jolts of electricity at May who had her mutated arm grabbing onto something invisible before escaping the underground metro. The white-haired girl fell on her knees, doubling in pain but Cassie noticed while May had sustained electrical burns, her flesh regenerated.

She turned her attention to Ronald, hoping his self-generative power had kicked in. Cassie lifted a hand to touch his shoulder but stopped herself in mid-air. She’d totally blown her cover and had a feeling he would be furious with her. There was no point in pretending anymore.

“Are you okay?” She stared at him with concern, scanning his body for any serious damage.

"It was impossible, of course. But when did that ever stop any dreamer from dreaming?"

“Yeah. Somehow.” said Ronald as Cassie stood in front of him. He had managed to watch Cade escape, and leave a departure gift for May. He had no idea where Cassie had emerged from but it didn’t really surprise him. Whenever he told her to stay back she would do the opposite. Just like how she had become a human shield several seconds ago. With a barely audible grunt Ronald stood up. He looked at the small gaping holes on his left arm and noticed that one of the metal pieces had gotten stuck inside. Vibrating his right hand at high frequencies, he stuck it in and pulled the piece out. He closed his eyes in pain shortly as the newly formed wound started to bleed. Though he knew that soon, just like the rest of his wounds, it would stop bleeding and start to heal. With that out of the way the speedster turned to face the girl. “I thought we had agreed on you not following me, but I guess my words don’t mean shit to you Cas.” he said calmly. At that instant he felt someone smack the back side of his head.

“Ronald Miles!” exclaimed the Moment, angrily. “You will be kind to that girl!” The Moment had been with Ronald all his life. So she knew about Cassie as well. Probably more than Ronald himself did. The Moment disappeared again, because she felt she had made her point clear. And although the speedster didn’t approve of being followed, he thought it would be unfair not to thank Cassie. He let out a sigh and let go of his feelings of anger. Afterwards he took a step forward and embraced the blonde girl in a hug. “Thanks for the help. You probably saved my life.” Ronald broke the hug not much later and scanned his surroundings. Then he walked toward the white haired girl. He decided not to run until his wounds were fully healed. “So… we lost it, huh?” he said once he was standing only several meters away from May. Before he continued he noticed the mohawk woman lying on the floor motionlessly, dead. “Who took it?” he asked as he stopped looking at the other casualties of the fight. He could see the case was empty now but he wasn’t sure if the masked man had gotten a hold of it after all.
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

Cassie was hurt by Ronald’s response. She thought he would be relieved to see her or at least express some gratitude for saving his life. Even though she knew he would chastise her for her actions, he showed more hostility than she had anticipated. Her shoulders sagged as she felt the weight of disappointment. But it was short-lived for he let out a sigh and drew her in a hug before thanking her. The sudden action threw her off. She stood still, her hands by her sides and her heart palpitating.

“I just wanted to make sure you were safe,” Cassie said as he released her. “You’re important to me and that will never change. You have to understand that, Ronnie.”

Soon after, Ronald walked to May. Cassie noticed most of her burns had healed. Her brow was crimped and her mouth was a thin line. She appeared to be miffed. Though she hated to admit it, she could understand May’s feelings. Losing the power enhancer had been a big blow.

“A woman in a white suit and a mask took it. She had the power of invisibility.” May crossed her hands over her chest. “I can’t sense her anymore. She’s gone.”

Cassie glanced at the body of the woman with a pink mohawk and felt a sense of dread. Someone had killed her and she had a pretty good idea of who might have done it. The auction area was nearly deserted and the few remaining Supers were fleeing.

“We should leave too. Somebody will probably call the police,” she said to Ronald and Cassie.

“Sorry about earlier.” May grimaced at Ronald. “My friend, Kieran, was supposed to help you when I went after the power enhancer but he didn’t come.” She rubbed a thumb over her left wrist. “My microchip is shot so that should have sent a warning to him but he still isn’t here…” She rubbed the pads of her fingers over her temple and sighed. “I have to go now. I’ll see you later. We need to find that power enhancer as soon as possible. If it gets into the wrong hands, the city would be in chaos. Can I have your number?”

“You can have mine,” Cassie offered.

She waited as May took out a notebook and a pen from her bag before sharing her phone number. When the white-haired girl was done writing, she left in a whirl of speed. Cassie didn’t know who Kieran was but May seemed worried about him. She’d been in a rush to leave.

Turning to Ronald, Cassie said, “Come with me. I know some friends who can help you find the power enhancer.”

"It was impossible, of course. But when did that ever stop any dreamer from dreaming?"

Ronald listened to May’s description of the thief. He was slightly fuzzy while all of that was happening so he hadn’t been able to catch up with what happened. It was like he had witnessed the whole event from a third-person perspective. Even then he could clearly remember what the masked man looked like. And his clothing in general was the opposite of white, or anything light colored. Another person had seemingly taken the chance to get a hold of the power enhancer while they were busy fighting. Or in his case, trying to get up. The girl then went on to explain how she was expecting help from a friend of hers, named Kieran. As she explained further, Ronald sensed the slight worry she was feeling. And how could she not? They could have used some help back there; none of the supers there had even tried to do so after all. Once she was done she asked for his number, but before he could say anything Cassie stepped in and gave hers. Afterwards the girl quickly got away. As she left, Ronald couldn’t help but think why May’s friend couldn’t come to their aid. Perhaps he had been occupied with a similar situation, which would mean that the disappearance of the power enhancer was a doing of more than just one individual. “Thanks. Saved me from the trouble there. I don’t have a phone. Not since the Dublin Accords, at least.” said Ronald after snapping from his critical thinking. Cassie had told him to leave as well, and she was right. It was time some people would gather around their location. Luckily though he was fast and she could fly. So before they left he decided to do something else. “I have been telling you to stay away because whenever I run, it’s almost always towards danger. I can’t focus on what I’m doing while trying to make sure you are okay.” he said while taking several steps towards Cassie. He stopped right in front of her and held her hands. He didn’t have a phone number or a phone, and hadn’t felt the need to have either. At least until now.

Upon Ronald’s contact, the blonde girl would feel a surge of electricity zapping her. Simultaneously to this, the Moment appeared behind Ronald, now visible to both of them. “Hello Cassiiiiieeeee! Long time no see! You have become even more beautiful since the last time I saw you! You must have lots of guys hitting on you!” she exclaimed, feeling overly excited that she could be seen by Cassie again. “Okay.” replied Ronald as he stepped back and put some distance in between, annoyed by her last statement but not trying to make it apparent. “This isn’t my usual power sharing, so you won’t have my powers. But instead you will have a spark of my energy along with the Moment’s circulating inside your body. I’ll be able to contact you through the Moment in case we are apart. That way I won’t have to think about you that much.” he explained. Though the real reason for this was not to allow himself to concentrate well, but he didn’t need to share that with anybody. “He is right. I’m his secretary now.” commented the Moment under her grin. “Shush now.” With Ronald’s command, the Moment pouted. She was aware that they had more important things to do other than adding levity to their situation. “Alright then. Lead the way and I’ll follow.” Ronald didn’t know who Cassie’s friend was or where she intended to go. So he decided to have her fly there while he followed behind her.
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

When Ronald walked to Cassie and held her hands, she felt a surge of electricity coursing through her. At the same time, a familiar figure appeared behind him. Cassie beamed. It was the Moment and it had been years since she’d last seen her. She waved at the blonde-haired woman and laughed at her comment about guys hitting on her.

“It’s nice to see you again!” she said to the Moment. “You look as lovely as ever.”

Ronald stepped back and explained how they could use the Moment to communicate even if they were far apart. Cassie felt relieved to know he wasn’t going to cut her off anymore. If he kept in touch with her, she wouldn’t have to follow him around to safeguard his safety.

“This is great, Ronnie! The Moment and I will have some quality time gossiping about you.” She winked at the Moment. She wanted to tell him he didn’t have to worry about her because she could take care of herself but the time didn’t feel right. They had to leave before the police showed up. “Okay, shall we go then?”

When he asked her to lead the way, Cassie flew out of the subway station and soared up, high above the skyscrapers, heading towards Brooklyn. The city radiated with pinpricks of lights and the full moon added a picturesque look to the whole scenery. It would have been a great shot for a cityscape. Moving downwards, she landed on a suburban street and turned to her right where a fair-sized teal-colored bungalow stood behind a white picket fence. Blooms of pink bougainvillea tumbled down the balcony and covered a section of the side wall. On the patio was a swing and a red Honda was parked on the driveway.

“This is it,” she said to Ronald, taking out a pair of keys from a hidden pocket inside her boots. “Just a head’s up. Tonks is a little weird—well more weird than anyone I’ve ever met—but you’ll get used to her. And Anna’s well…” Cassie let out a nervous laugh, “let’s just go in.”

She unlocked the door, ushered Ronald in and shut it with an obvious bang, announcing her presence. She stood by the door, letting her childhood friend get used to the surroundings. When she’d moved in, she’d been disoriented at first because while the outside of the house looked like a typical residential house, the inside was on a whole new level. It changed according to Tonks’ moods and whatever struck her interests.

They now stood inside a foyer with a double set of a grand staircase beneath a high ceiling. A sparkling chandelier spilled yellow light on the checkered floor and a vintage round table sat in the centre, laden with a vase of flowers and a set of picture frames showing photos of the girls and some breathtaking scenery. Behind the table were two archways, one leading to the living room and another one to the dining area.

“Amazing, isn’t it?” Cassie took off her boots and set the keys on the table. “You wouldn’t believe it if I told you Tonks once had the house set up as the Vampire Castle just like the one in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.”

Speaking of the devil, a red-haired woman in her mid-twenties and with dark clothing emerged from the stairs, stepping out of a door and singing to herself, her high boots making a tapping sound. It was Tonks and she sounded off-tune. She didn’t seem to care though. Cassie couldn’t make out the lyrics. The woman set her gaze on Ronald, arched an eyebrow and grinned wickedly.

“Is that who I think it is?” she asked.

“Erm…yes.” Cassie groaned at her own response. It sounded more like a question than an answer. She had a feeling Tonks was baiting her.

Tonks’ green eyes twinkled in mischief. “Perfect.”

She flicked her left wrist, throwing a stiletto knife at Ronald’s chest.
    Last edited by Risa; 09-10-2018 at 05:09 PM.

As the duo made their way towards Brooklyn, Ronald started to appreciate the streets more. They reminded him of his hometown, though none of the buildings there was this high. Perhaps it was because he had missed Dublin. Regardless of the streets being reminiscent to the ones there, it had been a long while since he had left his city. It was natural that he missed it. While continuously trying to get rid of his homesickness, they arrived at their destination. Cassie led them inside and opened the door, revealing the beautiful interior. Ronald had no idea how she or the owner of the place could land a property like this but perhaps that was what the blonde girl meant when she said this Tonks could change everything to her liking. Though she had mentioned Tonks being weird beyond normal, the person who piqued the speedster’s interest was Anna. And that was simply because Cassie had offered no information regarding her. He slowly slid his hands inside his pockets and glanced around. Meanwhile Cassie quite literally slammed the door, which would soon be followed by the arrival of a ginger woman. She was smiling and somehow exuding mischief while doing so. Without any warning, she threw a stiletto knife at him after confirming his identity.“What the fuck?” thought the speedster.

It hadn’t even been a minute since he had stepped inside and he had already been exposed to senseless craziness. “That must be Tonks.” he concluded. As the knife left the woman’s hand, everything started to slow down. For Ronald at least. He first moved out of the knife’s trajectory and slowly pushed Cassie towards her left to make sure she was safe as well. Afterwards he displayed his full speed and run towards Tonks while launching his right fist as a punch aimed at face. Though he would halt all his movement right before his knuckles were centimeters away from the woman’s nose. From the outside, his movements would look like flickering electricity moving around and about, whereas his sudden acceleration and stop resulted in a strong gust of wind. As he slowly retracted his fist, the speedster noted the arrival of the second inhabitant. Standing at the top of the stairs, it was a blonde girl with beautiful green eyes. Though compared to Tonks she seemed much more casual and… uninterested. “And that must be Anna.” thought the speedster. “That was intimidating enough. I mean, I would be scared straight if I was her.” commented the Moment as she appeared to be floating above them. The chandelier looked interesting so she had decided to examine it. Ignoring her, Ronald set his gaze upon the ginger woman. “I don’t know what Cas told you, but next time I would think long and hard before doing something reckless like that when I’m around.” he said and stepped back to get a better look at Anna, this time addressing her with a smile. “Just some friendly advice.” Afterwards he ran off to explore the house before sitting down in what seemed to be the living room.
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

As the knife’s trajectory headed for Ronald, Cassie saw a blur of movement and felt her body moving to her left. Only a few seconds had passed but when she glanced up at Tonks, she noticed her friend now stood three paces back, her jaw slack, eyes widened in surprise. Ronald wasn’t in the foyer. Looking over her shoulder, Cassie spotted the stiletto knife that was embedded on the door. It shimmered, its edges fading before vanishing completely. Just as she’d expected, Tonks had never meant to hurt Ronald.

“I knew it! It really is him!” exclaimed Tonks, regaining composure. She seemed satisfied by Ronald’s show of powers. Sighing, Tonks darted a look at Anna then turned to Cassie, putting a hand close to her mouth as though she were telling a secret. “He needs to loosen up though.”

Cassie shrugged. “Ronnie has gone through a lot...Just don’t do anything stupid.”

“Hmph! I only wanted to see his abilities first-hand without your moony eyes making him seem like the best thing since sliced bread.” Tonks descended the stairs.

Cassie rolled her eyes. “Sliced bread? Who the hell uses that expression anymore? You know, sometimes you sound like you’re from the early 90s.” She poked her friend in the shoulder. “And I don’t have moony eyes.”

Tonks chuckled. “Oh yes, you do. Whenever you talk about him, you sound like a blabbering, blushing—"

She elbowed Tonks in the ribs, silencing her. If she didn’t stop Tonks, she’d be teased endlessly. Having spotted Ronald in the living room through the archway, Cassie headed there and settled on a chaise lounge. She let herself relax now that the threat of imminent danger was gone. She could feel pangs of hunger settling in since she’d skipped breakfast and lunch. As soon as she was done discussing the current state of events, she’d be heading straight for the kitchen. Cassie spared a glance at Ronald and wondered if he was truly okay. He’d survived a deadly fight with his twin and had a brush with death all in the same day.

“What happened?” Tonks asked, sitting cross-legged on a lone sofa chair. There was a stool next to the chair and on top of it lay a tray full of fruit candies.

Cassie recounted the incident at the auction starting with the appearance of the technopath—she didn’t want to reveal the fight between Ronald and Wes—to the theft of the power enhancer. As she talked, Tonks unwrapped a kiwi-flavored candy and plopped it in her mouth. She didn’t say a word until Cassie had finished speaking.

“So a power enhancer, an invisible thief and a psychopath with the power to take the abilities of other Supers,” Tonks said, her emerald eyes narrowed in thought. “Looks like you’ve got your hands full.”

“We need your help in finding the power enhancer,” Cassie said. “I know you can do it.”

Tonks ran her fingers through her ginger curls. “I’ll need some time. I need to think and I need to do it alone.” She stood up, stared at something through the window then turned to the others. “Oh yes, I’ll need a book,” she stuffed several candies into her pockets and waved a finger in the air, “a spell, a map and a bucket of luck.”

Cassie gave an apologetic smile to Ronald on behalf of her friend. Tonks might seem quite weird with her sudden shifts in behavior but it was just her way of expressing her eagerness to help them. If Tonks wanted to be left alone in order to think through the situation, so be it. She rose up and motioned for Ronald to follow her towards the kitchen.

“I’ll talk to you later, Guineverin Tonks,” she said before she left. The name was bound to elicit some response.

Tonks flinched at her full name and waved them off.

The kitchen, much like the rest of the house, had a quaint layout overlaid by grandeur. The furniture was made of a rusty-colored mahogany wood and the wallpaper had a vintage floral pattern. Opening the fridge, Cassie surveyed the contents.

“I’m starving,” she said, taking out a packet of cheese and some vegetables. “Would you like a sandwich?”

After Ronald sat on the couch, it took Tonks and Cassie a minute or so to arrive. Once they did, the blonde girl shortly summarized everything that had happened and why they needed the sorceress’ help. Once she had all the information she needed, Tonks stood up and looked out at the window. Then she told them she needed to think alone, before listing things she needed. The speedster rolled his eyes in annoyance. “Ugh how pretentious.” commented the Moment, who appeared to be sitting on the ceiling upside down. Agreeing with her with a simple nod, Ronald followed Cassie into the kitchen as she left the room. The kitchen looked luxurious like the rest of the house, save for one small detail: it wasn’t unoccupied. The silent girl he had seen before, Anna, was sitting on a table eating biscuits while reading a magazine with a yellow cover that was titled ‘Knitting for Girls’. Their appearance hadn’t bothered her. In fact, it almost seemed like she hadn’t even noticed them. “Sure.” replied the young man when Cassie asked him if he wanted a sandwich as well. Though he would sound rather uninterested, as he had been focused on Anna. He decided to interact with the girl, so he took a seat across from her and waited for her to glance at him. “Hi.” greeted Ronald when Anna eventually looked at his direction. But sadly, it didn’t last very long. Anna returned to reading her magazine.

“…hi.” she replied silently as she flipped a page. Compared to Tonks’ energetic personality, Anna’s was the exact opposite. Yet it had some quality that felt familiar. Because of that the speedster continued to pursue the conversation. “So… Cassie is crashing here and Tonks is the owner. What’s your place in all of this?” he asked. “I’m too dangerous to be left alone so… that’s why I’m here.” answered Anna, glaring at Ronald while eating a biscuit. Her face completely lacked emotions, save for annoyance. “Really? And why is that?” asked the man. “I can unconsciously manipulate the probability vectors around me, which makes me lucky. And that usually ends up with people around me being unlucky. That’s why I call it the Scales. This house is enchanted and self-sustaining so my powers aren’t active here.” It appeared that Anna was gifted with luck, but her powers were more complex than that. She couldn’t only increase her own luck, instead she changed the balance of the overall luck around her. This was why her luck would become other people’s misfortune. “That’s really cool. I would love to see them in effect.” said the speedster with a smile. Hearing this response surprised the girl, as she expected him to react like everybody else. Her cheeks felt warmer and she understood this was a sign of her getting red. Her skin could be considered pale so it would be pretty apparent whenever she blushed or felt embarrassed. That’s why she quickly held the magazine up and hid her face.
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

Cassie set the toaster on. She chopped up the vegetables with remarkable speed, setting up the pieces of tomatoes and lettuce on a plate while the slices of bread turned to a golden color. In another bowl, she crushed sliced avocados to a paste, garnishing it with garlic powder and lemon juice. She was careful not to spill anything useful or waste any vegetable that was good to eat. She had a strong respect for food, having grown up in an orphanage where food rations were hardly ever sufficient for the children. After she'd left the orphanage, money had been scarce and she'd often resorted to spending one meal per day and even going hungry on some days. Being a mutant, she had a stronger resilience and was capable of withstanding starvation much longer than an ordinary human but life hadnt been easy. As she set the toasted bread on a plate and heated up the leftover grilled chicken on a pan, she couldn't help but overhear the conversation between Ronald and Anna who had been reading a magazine on the table.

Based on the time she'd spent at the house, Cassie had known Anna wasn't much of a social person. Somehow, it felt strange listening to her speak since she rarely ever talked to anyone in the house. She'd asked Tonks how they'd met and decided to share a roof given their personalities were polar opposite but Tonks had told her it wasn't her story to tell. While they didn't have a close friendship, Cassie treated her with civility and courtesy.

Having finished the preparations, Cassie placed the sandwiches and three plates on the table. The latter were neatly arranged on a wooden platter, layered with a light sprinkle of oregano. She looked at Ronald then at Anna who had the magazine held up to her face.

"Er...enjoy the food," she said, clumping her hand on her knee beneath the table. She suddenly felt rather awkward. It seemed as though she'd interrupted their conversation.

She turned to eating quietly, not once looking up from her plate. Her thoughts veered to Wesley who was probably somewhere in the city, alone and bitter from the last fight. Cassie felt a pang of sadness at the thought of him. They had been close friends during their childhood and while he'd been reserved and taciturn to the other children, he'd cared deeply for her. Sometimes, she felt she was part to blame, that if there had been anyone to notice the signs, it would have been her. Wesley had been suffering alone. Perhaps if she'd been keen enough, she might have saved him from his path of destruction.

It was too late now.

Feeling morose and guilty for wondering if Wesley was okay, she looked at Ronald and asked, "Do you think Wes is connected to the disappearance of the power enhancer?"

“Thanks Cas.” replied Ronald as he received his meal. As he started to eat, not only their conversation ceased but Cassie also failed to contribute into reviving it. So the speedster decided to go with it and didn’t try to bring something else up. He ate his food silently and slowly, enjoying each bite, until the shorthaired girl decided to disturb the silence. She asked him whether he thought his twin brother was involved with the whole ordeal they had gone through. The answer was pretty obvious. “I know he is involved.” said the young man directly. To him it all made sense. The power enhancer was the reason Wesley was in New York. It had actually taken him several months to pinpoint the location of his brother in the city that never slept. But all that time he had no idea why he had decided to go there. After all the recent events, he now knew. Besides all of these, he had acquired intel under remarkable circumstances. But before he shared it with Cassie, he finished the rest of his meal in an instant. “During the time you were not with me, or rather tailing me, I obtained some very disturbing info concerning Wesley. I learned that he was planning to extend his powers to the entire globe.” Ronald spoke calmly but his eyes were full of anger, sorrow and desperation. It was for this reason that he had stopped travelling the world and set on his pursue of his brother. The very same reason they had fought in Dublin and ended up killing hundreds of people while injuring thousands more.

“That psycho wants to force the planet into an ice age. What better help can he get than a device that makes him even more powerful?” he asked rhetorically, staring right into the eyes of the blonde girl. Though his focus would soon shift elsewhere. “How are you going to stop him then?” interrupted Anna. She was no longer red, and her magazine was in front of her. She looked at Ronald with a questioning expression, waiting for an answer. But she didn’t get one. After a minute of silence she understood why: the only way to stop Wesley was to kill him. Ronald was conflicted inside because of this; although he recognized his brother as a threat to the well being of innocent people all around the world, he couldn’t easily bring himself to the idea of killing him. Additionally, there seemed to be another problem. Even if the speedster had finally acquired a moral motivation to accomplish this task, whether he had the means to do it or not was questionable. “I see.” said Anna before moving her hand over Ronald’s left forearm and placing it on top of it. “I’m sorry.” She could more or less understand what it meant to lose a person that was family. Despite her situation being much more different, she could still relate to it. After several seconds she retracted her hand and leaned back on her seat. Her eyes retained the usual uninterested look in them, but also displayed a tint of sadness.
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast