Thread: Main Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    May snorted then closed her fist, the rock in the palm of her hand warming up. Maybe, it would do the trick. “You didn’t let me finish explaining.”

For a guy who didn’t trust her, he sure was open about his rocky relationship with his brother and the incident at Dublin. He’d even shared his powers with her if only for a little while. If she gave out the same information to Kieran, he’d have a field day. He could summon an ocean of information from a single drop of data.

“I’m May Blackwood, a second year Economics student and a part-time librarian.” She let out a sigh. “Which reminds me, I should get my bag from the alley near Bluebeard’s Bistro. Uni text books are freaking expensive.”

It was a standard introduction with no incriminating details. She needed the double life to maintain some semblance of normality. If May was being completely honest, she’d say she was also a high-ranking agent for an organization that manipulated the forces of order and chaos in the world from the shadows of civilization. While she couldn’t tell him about the Hive, she contemplated showing Ronald her abilities but decided against it in case he refused to accompany her.

She did, however, know something that might tempt him to join her.

“A secret auction will take place at seven o’clock tonight,” she said. “Before it begins, there will be a chance for the folks to interact. All the attendees will be Supers and most especially, they will be key players in the society. I know just where the event will be.” Opening her fist, May revealed the rock to Ronald. It now had coordinates glowing in blue. Just as she had suspected, the hidden message could only be exposed by heat. “These are the coordinates. Here’s the thing…” She pocketed the rock. “The object to be auctioned is a power enhancer and if it falls into the wrong hands, there would be dire consequences. I sure as hell won’t let that happen. I’m going to steal it before anyone gets to it and I know, with your help, we can do it. Now, if you don’t want to take part in this, that’s fine. I can always improvise.”
    Last edited by Risa; 08-04-2018 at 07:57 PM.

"It was impossible, of course. But when did that ever stop any dreamer from dreaming?"