Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Grimoire Heart] Airship

[Grimoire Heart] Airship

Grimoire Heart doesn't seem to have any stable localization. Its members live and travel on a giant airship that flies high above the land. Because of this, it is an elusive guild. Housing an entire guild, the airship is noted to be very large in size: it consists of a central hull at whose sides are located two larger, elongated part jutting frontwards. It seems to be kept flying by several large magical glyphs floating near it, with a pair of them being located behind it, at the ends of the protruding sections, something which makes them highly reminiscent of propulsors, and an even more massive one sitting under it. The hull's shape is that of a real boat, possessing an arched, pointed lower part, ending on the front in a dark section which houses the guild's symbol, with an open zone right above it, where the main hall seems to be located. Such hall is topped by a dark, arched roof reminiscent of a capsized hull, on whose back part sits yet again another, similarly-shaped tower, sprouting from the main hull and going up several meters, which ends in a massive observation deck protruding frontwards, complete with large windows. At the tower's sides, on the dark roof, is a pair of large, wing-shaped ornaments jutting upwards; a similar pair of wings is also present on the airship's protruding sections, with one of them adorning each outer side. The two attached sections of the ship possess frontal, protruding dark parts reminiscent of rostrums, each adorned by a light motif, somewhat similar to a stylized monstrous head. Both the hull and the two adjacent sections bear linear blank parts, where a multitude of square windows is lined up one after the other, these being highly reminiscent of hatches.

The airship possesses several huge, royal interiors: located in the tower's observation deck is Master Azazel's throne room, a mostly bare hall covered in a glass dome, enforced by bolted metal beams. The floor is composed of wood, and sports two lines of very small, rocky protrusions reminiscent of stalagmites, plus a pair of sections made of stone, and a central, round dark motif, adjacent to which sits Azazel's throne, a huge and majestic structure which seems to consist of several, immense bony formations, with two protrusions reminiscent of gigantic horns jutting frontwards, paired with two large wings composed of massive, dark feathers, and a central spinal column reaching high up above the structure, complete with flat bones protruding from its sides, somewhat reminiscent of ribs. The spinal column has a massive, flat object behind it, with the two of them being adjacent; such object is reminiscent of a double-edged blade, complete with a dark central part and light edges. The hull's open, frontal part houses another large hall, with a distinctive, highly-decorative coffered ceiling. Its floor bears several lines of air gratings, together with wooden sections enforced with metal frames; sustaining the ceiling are simple, rectangular pillars, with pipes passing through them where they reach the ceiling.[4] The hall possesses an extremely large, globe-like object at its end, this being surrounded by concentric metal structures. Lined up the hall's sides are several rows of intricately decorated galleries, reachable via staircases, very similar to those found in theaters. The furniture, which was badly damaged during Hades' fight with Team Natsu, seemed to be royal in appearance, consisting of several, elaborated chairs, tables and desks composed of carved wood.
    Spoiler:

The airship's left section seems to house somewhere a somewhat small (in comparison to other rooms), yet royally furnished dining room. Its tiled floor alternates large, light octagons to small, darker rhombs, and in its center lies a rectangular table, covered in an immaculate tablecloth and flanked by high, decorated armchairs. The room's walls possess highly decorative, carved lower parts, and have small stone pillars integrated into them. The wall facing the windows overlooking the ship's right side is adorned by several dark banners with the guild's light symbol on them, with each banner being alternated with a triangular shield, behind which a pair of swords is crossed, with their hilts and saber-like handguards diagonally pointing upwards; one more banner is attached to the wall in front of the table, flanked by a pair of plants similar to the one on the table itself. Hanging from the coffered ceiling seems to be a decorative chandelier.
    Spoiler:

Being the headquarters of one of, if not the most prominent Dark Guild in the Balam Alliance, Grimoire Heart's airship is a powerful aircraft, and comes in equipped with a variety of gadgets and features. It was described as having a "reinforced armor" by the ones aboard it. Despite its large size, it is quite fast and maneuverable.

Jupiter

Aboard the ship is heavy artillery, this being the Magical Convergent Cannon: Jupiter (魔法集束砲 ジュピター Mahō Shūsoku Hō: Jupitā), a large weapon firing devastating magical blasts. This seems to appear from the upper part of the ship's main hull when the time calls for it, and is covered in many, elongated moving panels, which slide backwards when the magical beam is fired.

Devil's Heart

The airship also houses, deep beneath the engine rooms, the Devil's Heart (悪魔の心臓 Akuma no Shinzō), a generator-like machine which seemingly contains an organic heart. This was the source of Grimoire Heart's previous Guild Master's incredible Magic as well as his extreme longevity, acting as both a power source and a life support for the former Guild Master. Azazel now uses it as a source of additional power, mostly for the Jupiter cannon. The structure seems to take the form of a pedestal, possessing complicate mechanisms and gears on it, which bore the Dark Guild's name, over-topped by a large number of small guild's symbols, above which is a seeming dome containing the heart.
    Spoiler:

In a very large room on the starboard side of the airship a young woman walked barefoot atop a glass floor. Well, that term was kind of wrong, it was a mirrored floor. Actually, the entire room she was standing in was ceiling to floor mirrors. Each and every surface (aside from the windows) was covered in reflecting glass and as she walked through this space she grinned wide, seeming to enjoy this but not for any reason that would be apparent immediately. As she moved through this area, she stopped standing almost directly center of this room, and raised one hand as the other was covered in long claws and bearing a large lacrima crystal ball, which began to glow. After a few seconds several dozen mirrors appeared before her, but unlike the ones which simply lined the room, these contained the images of dozens upon dozens of beautiful people. Men, women, teens, young adults... it didn't matter, if they were attractive enough they were captured here, as consciousness within these mirrors. A grin passed this young woman's face as she tossed white and pink locks out of her face and reached out towards the mirrors. "Hello kids, how have you been today?" she said rather strangely.

Her speech was strange mostly because she didn't appear to be more than twenty years old. She was dressed in a punk rock type of outfit. Oddly, a pink mini-skirt and an over-sized shirt with a smaller black top sticking out of the plunging neck line. She had large blue eyes seeming to spark with untold light and her tiny pink lips seemed to make her face fit together perfectly. And as she stood she looked at the perfection of those in her mirrors. But rather suddenly her countenance changed her nose crinkled and she could be seen sneezing into the corner of her arm. "Oh? Someone must be speaking of me~"

Following the eclectic woman's sneeze, a quick warp in the fabric of space and time beside her marked the appearance of a man with long, black hair protruding off the back of his head, also featuring an added ponytail beneath, and enough hanging on either side of his face to frame it. "It wasn't me," this male said nonchalantly as he began moving toward the mirrors the woman viewed. Glowing, amber eyes filled with an ever-present malicious intent scanned each of these figures, and as they did, the man could be seen fidgeting restlessly beneath the large, blue cloak he wore. "None of these are the Dragon Slayer, are they? What purpose will they serve us?"

"Well, I wouldn't expect you to have said anything about me. After all, who else do you speak to besides me?"she said, seeming to not at all care about the appearance of the man at her back. In fact, even though this man seemed to ooze malicious intent, she seemed to be only amused. Still as her clawed finger tips flicked through the numerous people she'd trapped within the mirrors she managed to sigh as if exasperated. "No, unfortunately none of these are dragon slayers. Most of them aren't very magical and the ones that are, well... they are simply side show acts. They might be interesting one day, but now they haven't the magical prowess, the skill, nor the time to be anything of value, except perhaps blanks." she said referencing something she hadn't really considered in a while. "You know, in case you bring home the kind of trash you like... powerful but hideous." she said her brow twitching. "Stop fidgeting, impatience won't make this happen any faster." she said as her eyes flicked across a mirror in the ceiling to witness this apparently young man's restlessness beneath his robes, she was in this moment, memorizing the movements but that was simply an effect of her giving any sort of concentration to a single being for too long.

"Anyways, are you bored right now? Is that why you're here?" she asked as the lacrima crystal ball moved from her hand and rested itself under her bottom where she'd take a seat upon it and hover over the mirrored floor with an odd bit of grace.

"Aside from you, there's still the Kin. I converse with them whenever the occasion arises," he said as he began pacing around the mirrors, briefly scanning each and every one of them for what looked like even an inkling of power. He found nothing worthwhile... nothing whatsoever. But, the woman in his presence presented the rather delightful idea of using these individuals as 'blanks' as it were. This was quite the solid idea, but Azazel soon found himself thinking that for every blank canvas, there needed to be a pallet and paint. This was what they needed. "I'll have none of the chastising. Yes, I'm bored. I don't know who this Dragon Slayer is, but he's been avoiding me for an entire year now."

"Oh but only when the occasion arises. Sounds like I'm the favorite then~" said the woman whose personality in this moment would lead one to believe she was as young and childish in her interests as her face would let you believe. Of course, even with this slight contradiction, if one happened to properly look in her eyes, they would see how old she truly was, one who had seen as much as she had, couldn't truly hide their age from anything who knew where to look. As the conversation between her and the young man progressed it would seem that he wasn't taking her chastising this day, not that it'd stop her. "You will take what I give and be damned grateful for the experience..." she commented with the same tone and cadence she'd been speaking in this entire time. Still it was probably quite annoying for him to not know where his current prey was hiding. "Dragons are tricky creatures... you should know your prey will only become more elusive." she said her tone changing as she stared directly into the blank mirror overhead. It was as if she was seeing something in this mirror that no one else could, and she was likely doing a bit of predictive magic not that it was going to make much of a difference. "But that is for another time. What would you like to do now? You know, aside from breathing your discontent over my shoulder all afternoon?" she asked of the black haired male whose company she was presently sharing.

Hayama was making his way through the woods, advancing towards whatever direction his sensory perception skills told him to. In the end, it didn’t take him that long notice the gigantic airship advancing in the skies. For a second he stopped and observed the airship’s usage of magic; it let it hover and also move forward consistently. Admiring the structure, he shortly shook his head and looked for the dark guild’s logo somewhere on the outer shell. Spotting one in the middle and confirming that this was, indeed his target, Hayama dropped himself to the ground and landed. Quickly placing his hand on the surface, he expanded a seal.

“Kuchiyose.” He exclaimed as a smoke engulfed him. Once it had cleared out, he could be seen on the back of a hawk. As the bird flew upwards along with its summoner on its back, Hayama grabbed on the hawk’s feathers to make sure he didn’t fall. Once the hawk was close enough, he would jump and propel himself towards the airship, adding more force into his jump. Midway in the air, he unsheathed the guardless katana on his back and dismissed the hawk. He used the sword in a reverse grip to stab onto the outer surface of the airship and hold on to it. However, he failed because of the reinforced armor he was unaware of. Without worrying, he let himself drop smoothly to the edge, to which he would hang on. Once that was done, he started looking for a proper entrance. Currently he was at a spot that couldn’t be seen by others, unless they were also there with him. So he was safe... for now However, he still needed a proper place to enter without being noticed.
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

"Of course. Who else would it be?" he asked, mostly in rhetoric. When the woman replied to his talk of chastising, his eyes rolled. "Grateful... sure," he said. His pacing only continued thereafter. The idea that it would only become more difficult to find this Dragon Slayer as time passed was aggravating at best, but Azazel was beginning to lose patience. "Mendokuse... That's exactly the reason I want the Dragon Slayer. There is nothing else of interest."

The man's rhetoric wouldn't go unnoticed but she could only let a small smile appear on her face. "Well, to be honest, I should be everyone's favorite. I am so much fun, and even if you didn't like me originally it wouldn't be very hard to convince anyone they did." she mentioned a spark of what could only be called mischief in her eyes. For one so apparently old she did seem to be both very easily amused and rather amusing. Still the black haired man with her did nothing but pace and continue to agitated by his lack of Dragon Slayer capture.

This woman would sigh as she stopped flicking through the large groups of people she'd been previously staring at and turned on her crystal ball so that she could look at this young man directly. Her lips were pursed and she seemed a tad annoyed for one reason or another. "So, no? You aren't going to do anything other than breathe your discontent over my shoulder while I am trying to enjoy myself?" she said while making eye contact. One might take this moment to notice that she seemed to have no problem continuing to sass a rather obviously violent individual but surely there was a reason for this.

"I suppose I have no choice but to agree with that. I occasionally find myself wondering whether I've actually known you for a day." Eventually, the black-haired man's pacing stopped, and he crossed his arms while tilting his head back. A heavy sigh ensued, and during this, the annoyance setting in on the woman's front became apparent. "Hmph. Dear Calypso, if I didn't share my annoyance with you, what would be the point of it all?"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast