Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Town

"Hai," he said. Eventually, he had it in himself to reach out and claim more snacks. He even found it necessary at some point to have something to drink, and the night continued as such. The next morning some time before school, Takumi was awake and ready, standing over the kitchen stove. In honor of Maiko's support over the course of his night, he'd seen to it that she was offered the comfort of his usual bed with fresh sheets, and now he plated two servings of eggs, pancakes, shredded hash and bacon strips, with both milk and orange juice on the table next to each plate. Interestingly, Takumi organized the table as one would for a fine dining scenario to go along with this all-American breakfast he'd thrown together. He seemed to be in higher spirits on this morning, though perhaps this was simply due to the fact that he'd been given something to focus on other than the thoughts which plagued him, thanks to Maiko's company overnight.

Their night passed strangely with Takumi eating snacks and eventually offering Maiko his bed, which she took somewhat reluctantly. The next morning she woke and after commandeering his shower would exit in her school uniform with her tie undone carrying her jacket and her backpack with a smile on her face. "Ohayou gozaimasu, Yasukawa. That bed of yours is pretty comfy. Still I crashed here so you could have..." she paused taking in the fine dining setting of this colossal breakfast the young man prepared. "You cook?" she questioned as if it was one of the strangest things she'd ever seen. To be honest, she'd expected to just pick up something on the way to school but it seemed that she'd get to eat the quality of breakfast she was used to at home this day. "Sugoi! Smells awesome!~" she chimed as she came to a halt in front of the table. She hadn't expected such a thing, but she was happy to see the lad in higher spirits than he had been the previous day.

Shortly after Takumi finished setting the table, Maiko emerged and began speaking about her sleeping conditions for the night. It seemed she was about to mention something along the lines of her being willing to take the worse conditions, but her sentence was cut short. As she entered the kitchen, Takumi took his own seat. "Of course I cook. It's an American breakfast. My dad was so obsessed with American food after a long business trip, it's all my mom could cook for a long time. Enjoy. I figured it was the least I could do after last night," he said about the meal before them. Without further ado, he began eating from his own plate, doing so in a timely enough manner that he would still be walking along to school within the usual time frame.

After school and setting up her club activities for the day, the crimson haired heiress of the Gremory Clan walked about the city. She could have magically summoned herself to the place she was aiming to go, but didn't at this time because she wanted to think. She was dressed in her plain black dress, though it was made of elaborate fabric which clung to all the curves of her body and black shoes which tied all the way up to her knees. Even while distracted, she walked as if burdened with glorious purpose, but within her own mind she still didn't fully understand the events of the past 24 hours. 'Why?' her mind asked this question repeatedly and she still didn't understand why things had unfolded between herself and Takumi the way they had. He didn't even allow her to properly explain before he fled her presence. She thought maybe she'd expected too much and projected her own feelings too much when she'd marked him and blamed herself for not knowing how to speak to him. In addition to this, she'd also snapped at Izuna who was beyond all things her closest friend and the one closest to her. 'Yare yare, I owe Izuna an apology,' she thought as she moved through the streets.

On the outskirts of Kuoh town, there was an old and seemingly abandoned house. A single human male currently inhabited this building, which was surprisingly dark despite the amount of candles lit throughout the building, especially the room in which this young man sat. The building had become something to be avoided by the citizens of Kuoh, bar this single figure. He was a magician of great power and potential, with tanned skin and elvish qualities to his face. Slightly-opened teal eyes glowed in the small amount of light being allowed by the candles surrounding him as he knelt before a sephirot placed in the most central point of the building. There was only one thing he waited for: the devil whom he intended to complete a pact with after learning of recent events surrounding her.

As she searched her soul for the answers to all the problems created by her previous interaction with one member of her Peerage, Eira came to a couple of conclusions about how she should proceed. The words of her elder brother during her last visit reminded her that a certain amount of contact was always going to be necessary. She couldn't completely avoid Takumi even as she continued being friendly with everyone else, or she'd risk weakening them all, perhaps there was something to be done about this indirectly, as she also didn't want to order him to spend time with her as it seemed just as pushy as she thought her projected feelings were. "Hmm..." she said as her thought was finally interrupted as she came upon the house she was supposed to be going to. This walk had taken her a solid thirty minutes and even given how far out their school was, that put this place on the very outskirts of the town. Beyond that, this building was a bit ominous, perhaps this was why she was called for this place. She reached out her hand to touch the front door and the entirety of the building felt powerful. Her eyes widened as she closed her fist and knocked upon the door only to have it open. "Hello?!" she questioned firmly as she looked in on candle lit darkness.

The half-open eyes of the man in this building opened fully when he felt another presence at last. It wasn't quite the one he was looking for here, but it was the one he'd been waiting for. "Yoshiku," he said when this presence called out for acknowledgement. Though this house was large, its center was not very far away. However, when his call reached Eira, it would sound as if it came from many, many meters farther. This was what the nature of this building had become. Not only had darkness enveloped all but the greatest concentrations of light in the area, and even diminished those, but it also managed to keep this man - and many others before him - from exiting once they entered. It was as if time and space in this building were separate from the outside world. As such, even if Eira had attempted to come here via magic, she would not have found herself capable of doing so. "I am at the center. If you can navigate the darkness, come to me."

Eira stood in this doorway and looked into the darkness. Soon she was called out to, by what she assumed was the voice of the person who wished for her to come here. This call let her know that there was indeed someone in here besides whatever was possessing the house. 'Yare yare, it's so dark. I wonder what has control over this place to make it so...' she mused. Still she was called upon to do this, and this was exactly the sort of job she took just to take it. Perhaps a job like this would help her on her way. As such she held out her right hand in front of her, creating a tiny fire ball within her palm to light the space in front of her among the oppressive darkness. "Hai, I'm coming in... sorry for the intrusion," she said. Strangely that last bit wasn't for the person that had called her, but instead for whatever created this darkness.

She'd found that most times, things such as these were likely just misunderstandings between the kinds of creatures who would like a space like this, and those who wished to live in a place like this. And with this logic she walked inside, she let her empty hand trace the wall, and thus feel the magic in this area. She thought of a way to use her magic to actively navigate this area, by tapping wall repeatedly with her Succubus energy she figured she'd have the ability to stop the flow of the dark spreading energy in this hall. This would give her the ability to easily stumble upon the center of this house, without getting lost on the way and thus to the man who was waiting for her. "Ufufufufu!~ This place is pretty dark, did you lose the door from back here?" she asked teasingly of the elven looking mage she found surrounded by light while holding her own bright flame type magic ball in the center of her palm near her face.

A short while later, the female devil who entered this building joined the man who waited. He stood then, rotating himself to set his gaze on her. Her question, while asked in jest, would be answered as his eyes continued to scan the darkness around them. Even as her abilities nullified the shadows, they crept back into place starting the moment she passed each space. "There is no outside. Once you enter this place, it is no different to entering another dimension. Look where the darkness doesn't reach: the windows. People that were walking in the streets, cars that were passing by when I first stepped through that door... They are all still where they were once I stepped through the frame," he explained, gesturing toward a window at the end of another hall to Eira's left. The outside world was strange from this perspective. The things frozen in time were only affected within a certain radius of the building, and this effect seemed to flip itself in another direction entirely within the house itself. "You are Eira of Gremory, correct? What say you to my theory? I believe there is a magical time paradox spread across this entire property. Those outside are frozen, and we inside are locked in an even deeper way to them, hence our inability to witness them moving as we do."

"Yare yare..." the girl said in response to her joke being answered as if it was meant in seriousness. She noted before stepping into this place the amount of power contained within the space, she wasn't sure of its exact nature at all, but she did know it was far beyond what one would consider normal for a spirit haunting a place. Still as her attention was drawn towards the windows she looked outside to find that what she saw there, didn't match what she'd seen in approaching this place. Instead the windows seemed to be locked to whatever was seen when this mage had entered previously. "Sou na, before I entered there was no sign of this sort of disturbance. The walls of this place just vibrate with power, enough to make my skin tingle..." she mentioned of this place. His theory that this place was some sort of paradoxical dimension was a rather solid one, she couldn't really argue against it. "It does seem to be a space unto itself. I wonder if they are lonely..." she mused thoughtfully. "And yes, I am Eira Gremory, Yoroshiku onegaishimasu~" she introduced herself the best way she knew how. As they stood in this room. "Are you the one who called for me?" she asked of this mage. She'd never laid eyes on him before this moment and had no idea what he wanted from her, but it wasn't the first time she'd entered a haunted place and she knew it likely wouldn't be the last.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast