Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Town

When they reached the cellar, the dimly-lit area revealed few things. However, Mahad bore witness to living creatures other than himself and Eira. Additionally, there was a very strange item for one to find in a cellar, that being the sealed coffin in the middle of the room. Eira's speech to the entity, followed by her mention of the phenomenon, gave Mahad a moment of realization for what they were truly facing. 'Vampire?' he thought. Clearly this was the reason none of his magical abilities could serve him here. Vampire magic was something well and truly beyond the knowledge and understanding of virtually every magician in recent history, as far as he understood.

Eira came to the conclusion that this coffin was also designed in a way that would hold the stone in the sephirot. Perhaps then, the source of this magical anomaly was a vampire currently residing within the coffin. It didn't seem to matter much either way, since Mahad couldn't release the stone, nor did Eira seem able to. "The stones are mysterious artifacts. Each stone located by the Magician's Council has been bound to a sephirot, and no magician as of yet has proven capable of releasing them. It would seem their demands are also different, as are the events surrounding them when they are inspected. This one is reported to have drained everyone to come into contact with it of their very lives, and I imagine it has only become more powerful after doing so for such a long time."

The quiet initially coming from Mahad let Eira assume he'd figured out what manner of creature was to be found within this coffin. Even normal humans with their limited understanding of the supernatural would make this assumption. The more she learned about this situation though, the stranger it was to Eira, but she was about to receive the clue necessary to make this puzzle give her a clearer view. A hint perhaps at a piece of this entire situation. Mahad though he didn't have any information about vampires did know about the stones, apparently the one found here wasn't the only one found and each one was found within a sephirot. And each had different things going on around it. According to him, this one had drained the magicians who came here of their very lives when they tried to remove the stone from its casing. Perhaps this was why he hadn't bothered trying to free it himself. But it was more curious than that... "Each stone was found in its own sephirot," she said as if seeking confirmation of this fact. "But why, that one upstairs holds 10 stones and it only has one in it, why make more?" it was kind of a problem of logistics. "Maybe we are thinking about it the wrong way..." she mentioned and with this in mind she began the journey back up the stairs with her intention to go back to the sephirot and try something else. She'd actually not tried freeing the stone before figuring that it was an artifact worth keeping intact, but she had one more question for the man with her about the others and perhaps if he had it she'd have a better way of handling this situation. "The other sephirot, do they look like this one?" she asked as they reached the point of their initial meeting once more.

"Yes, and there they remain to this day," Mahad replied. Beyond this was the curiosity surrounding this sephirot's purpose. True, there was a legitimate concern regarding the necessity of numerous sephirots, each capable of holding all ten stones. "A fair question. The sephirot is found in Judaism. These stones are representative of its layout, in which case..." Mahad would forego verbalizing the rest of his clause there, until the moment they were standing before the slab once more. Once there, he brought a hand to his chin while recollecting his knowledge. "Malkuth... representative of kingship. That is the purpose of this stone, given its placement in the tenth slot. The others also require specific placements, but you are correct. Numerous copies existing for only ten stones is far from sensible." With that said, Mahad began to walk around the sephirot, staring at it from every possible angle he could manage. In doing so, he gained the ability to properly answer Eira's final question of whether the other copies shared this one's appearance. Only when he stood in front of it again did he answer. "From this angle, yes. The structure itself may change between them, but the face must always remain the same."

Eira went back to studying the stone inside of the sephirot. She couldn't help but look into it more and feel like there had to have been a way to free it. While she did this, there was the matter of the actual history of the sephirot, and it was apparently based in the religion of god. Her left brow rose at this as she realized that whatever was created from all of these things she might not want any contact with because of its religious significance. Even so, there was the fact that this particular placement of stone represented 'kingship'. A smirk crossed Eira's face in this moment as she had about all of the information she might have needed to determine what she should do, she began to verbalize these in order of practicality. "If more of these sephirot exist and they all have the same layout, then I could simply destroy that which is holding the stone freeing it. Such a thing is well within the range of my powers..." she said with a flippant nod. "I could also try to drain the magic out of it, but... I don't really want to do that, knowing it is connected to something sentient..." she offered. "I could also, give it what it wants. Beings older than me would say, that kings are born of blood and sacrifice. This stone pulled at me when I touched it, but it got nothing... it might and the being connected to it, might just be hungry. If I feed it enough, it might free itself," she mused. Currently of her options the first and last were obviously the most easy to be considered. "Hm, but they all pose risks too don't they?"

Eira went on to list three possible solutions to the trapped stone they sought to free. Of the three options, he could see positives and negatives across the board. After finishing the list, Eira brought up the concept of each option having risks, and Mahad absolutely agreed. Assuming she meant for him to comment, he did so after a few brief moments of thought. "Indeed. To destroy the slab, you must entertain the idea of potentially destroying or damaging the stone and whatever it is connected to in the cellar. To drain it, you present the same risk, as well as the potential of having it succeed, but freeing us from this paradox without aiding the creature sleeping below. To feed it your own life's essence... well, one would think such a thing requires no explanation. Nevertheless, I stand with you. If you fail, myself and that creature beneath us may both be here for an eternity. Such is the cost I am willing to pay for knowledge, but what of our mysterious host?"

At her last posed question, Eira received a myriad of important potentials as far as risks and outcomes were concerned. She considered all these things herself but found it interesting to hear them in another's voice. Outside of her own head, it was easier to find fallacy and logic, especially when she wasn't encouraging herself with her own flawed thinking. "Hm, I guess that only really leaves one real choice for me, huh?" she posed rhetorically. "I want nothing more than to help our host, for all we know they've been locked down there for longer than we can imagine. Perhaps they'll even be grateful for the meal and free us after," she mused with a grin on her face as she ran her left index finger across her canine tooth on the left side of her mouth. "I don't really feel like I've earned this kind of support but, arigatou, Mahad." she thanked the man before starting the next leg of this journey just in case something would go wrong before they spoke again. Of course she drew blood and with this now flowing from her finger she once again touched it to the stone. "Don't worry, I don't mind feeding you this once, since you've been so nice," she mentioned again to the stone and thus was obviously talking to whatever was connected to it. She'd freely give this blood in order to wake up what she assumed was a vampire connected to the stone, causing some very weird phenomenon in the house.

Three. Eira had three choices to make. In the end though, she chose the highest risk of all: the one which risked her own life in the attempt to produce a positive outcome for all parties. In the first show of any emotion thus far, Mahad seemed visibly shocked by this decision. Following this, he let his expression soften to its normal state, yet with some semblance of compassion within it. "You underestimate yourself, Eira Gremory. One such as you is most certainly deserving of support."

After drawing blood from her own forefinger, Eira touched the stone once again. The moment she did, the pulling began again. In this case, her blood would flow into the stone rapidly for only a moment before slowing considerably. It would then flow in pulses to match her heartbeat, as if drinking in gulps. The stone's glow strengthened while the darkness of this area receded into it, though time did not return to normal. From below, the coffin rose. In an upright position, it burst through the floor behind the stone slab, which began to crumble around the stone due to the latter's increasing power. The sephirot's final moments accompanied the stone's final swig of Eira's blood, after taking in a rather considerable amount. The stone then moved itself through the air until inserting itself in the coffin. It didn't stop there. The lid to this coffin dissolved along with the rest in time, revealing the true location of the stone: in the chest of a male. He was a young man with long unkempt white hair that almost appeared transparent. Green eyes opened to show that his gaze was sharp like a steel blade, with the red stone buried in his chest similarly projecting an enthralling lustrousness. Once his eyes were fully open and set upon Eira, red marks appeared beneath those emerald pools.

Fully unclothed to show his slender, yet ferociously-carved form, he descended gracefully to the floor in front of his savior. That piercing gaze of his never wavered from Eira as he stepped well within reach of her, having eyes for no one and nothing else at the time of his resurrection. "... Gremory..." he said, seeming to have some knowledge simply due to having her blood fresh in his veins. Her name passing his lips as a soft-spoken and inviting utterance was followed by him reaching out with his right hand, keen on taking her already-outstretched left hand into it, and pull her into his arms as a result. "You're the one from the dream."

Eira was soon confronted by a new truth, even one as stoic as Mahad thought her to be worthy of the sort of blind support of which she was never short. Mahad's moment of praise made the crimson haired heiress' eyes widen if only for a moment as they returned to normal soon after. Perhaps she did sell herself short, but she still appreciated these sentiments just the same. Still there was a risky game at play and Eira had to see that through to the end, and what an end would this moment have. Her bloodied finger began to thump against this stone, being siphoned for the blood she'd so freely offered up. Her eyes widened at this rather strange sensation and though it had been fast at first, it eventually slowed to the same pace as the thumps of her heatbeat. As if the vampire from below drank at a slower pace as it realized it was being fed properly. "You must be starving..." she mused, as the darkness receded as this entity was fed. Only to be further surprised by the sudden appearance of the coffin from below as the stone began to glow brighter the more blood it took from her. Beyond this point it began to seem like there was no way to save the sephirot, as it shattered from the additional power of the stone, along with the blood flow from her finger tip coming to a halt though the finger itself was still injured. The stone then moved into the slot meant for it on the coffin front only to make that disappear as well.

"Nani?!" she wondered her hand still outstretched only to find within this coffin the body of a well built man with the stone itself buried within his chest. Beyond all this his wonderfully green eyes opened and made very direct contact with Eira's own. She was stunned beyond belief, but happy to find someone alive and for all intents and purposes unharmed from within the coffin. "You... know my name?" she questioned this only to have this man take up place before her next breaking eye contact only to reach for her still extended hand and upon making contact with it pull her into himself. With the amount of blood she'd donated, she might have been woosy, but she felt she had nothing to fear from such contact as at this point it could only really help her. Strangely though the last thing said by this being mentioned that Eira was from his dream which brought a bit of confusion to the lass. "Did I appear in your dream? I didn't interrupt did I?" she asked just an edge of teasing in her voice, as if she didn't expect a real answer but she was most certainly curious about this man.

Mahad observed the events taking place with great wonder plaguing his mind. As the sephirot crumbled and the coffin appeared to do the same with the stone inside it, every part of the mystery he'd been trying to solve for what felt like ages came together. One shining moment saw it all come to fruition. The interaction fated to happen between Eira and the apparent vampire which followed though, was not something Mahad cared to observe - mostly due to the nudity of the male creature of the night - so he looked away until what he could consider an appropriate time to do otherwise.

The vampire stared into Eira's eyes even after she was in his grasp. He was close. So close in fact, that he could feel Eira's breath upon his bare flesh as she spoke, and his would surely in turn have the same effect. His gaze shifted to her bloody finger after a short time, as he raised her left hand to the right side of his own face. Turning his head to face that hand, he lashed out with his tongue to slowly lick up her entire finger, savoring every precious instant up to the one where he ultimately tasted her blood directly. This taste gave him a far greater amount of confirmation than the sight of her alone did. "Yes. Eira Gremory. For an eternity, I slept through starvation and emptiness... and then... there was nothing but you. You, the one who shares my starvation... the virgin Succubus." By the time his statement came to a close, his eyes found Eira's again. With that, his left hand rose along Eira's back until it reached the back of her head. "Don't worry. I'll share my kindness to you, my summoner," he said. If he had his way after that moment, he would lean forward while also pulling Eira's head toward his own. In doing so, he fully intended to press their lips together while his right hand abandoned her left, aiming to take its place instead upon her very grope-able left breast. All the while, the vampire's very erect manhood would brush and press against the front of her body as it grew with its developing solidity.

This vampire awoke his thirst sated due to the efforts of Eira herself, and still hadn't broken eye contact. Until of course he went to answer her question and aimed to take a more direct taste of her blood this time from her still injured finger. The movements of his tongue something she could only call sexual as he then blurted out information about her which none but a few were truly privy to. Their shared space was so intimate, she could feel his words across her skin as he proclaimed that her starvation matched his own. "Ano, nothing good ever comes from me being the only thing someone sees," she stated plainly. But to be fair to the man now holding her, she completely understood what it was to be starved and alone, perhaps this was why she went out of her way to answer summons like the one which brought her here. She was happy that this man was now free of his prison and felt no malicious intention coming from him, even so... Her own recent experiences told her this man had likely taken her kindness, in the one way she hadn't meant it. And if she needed anymore confirmation of this, she'd get it from his follow up sentence, the one which stated he intended to share the kindness she'd given him. While taking her up in his embrace proper, he rubbed his naked body against hers. "But... I don't," she didn't get a chance to finish this statement as their lips were brought together and his hand found itself groping her chest. At the moment this happened she realized it was always the case when it wasn't her intention to have this happen. She even felt his manhood and knew he was excited to be there and ready and eager to please and as such she used her own power to accept his kindness but in her own way. She aimed to drain this lust from his person and used it to feed herself in an exchange of energy which would restore her to what she had been before she'd given up her blood to wake him. If this worked according to her whims at the completion of this kiss he'd be calm and without his lust and she'd be full and capable of removing herself from his grasp to speak her mind properly. "I appreciate the offer really, and the meal though I took it unconventionally. But I am not starving in the conventional way. I choose not to feed in such a way because I am not ready to be slave to such feelings..." she said though the thought itself was not complete. In truth the one person she truly wished to offer herself to had turned her down. "I didn't free you because I expected you to feed me, I freed you because I thought you might be lonely in there," she offered.

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast