Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Town

At long last, the time had come. Mahad had been waiting for such a moment as this. He had long since been ready to form a pact with a devil, but no available devil was one he considered worthwhile until the name Eira Gremory began properly circulating in the Magician's Council. Now, his ambitions were met. "Let's," he agreed. Eira's creation of a magic circle prompted Mahad stepping forward until he also stood within it. Their exchange would occur without a hitch, and they would part on terms that counted among the best, as a devil and magician who shared a pact with one another.

A while after the parting of Eira Gremory's youngest peerage members, something strange would occur outside of Yasukawa Takumi's apartment. A small persian kitten with a wide face and white fur would appear near his doorway. This kitten's paws and face were accented by little grey marks and small meows would be heard, as if it was looking for attention. On this slightly rainy night said kitten's clear eyes managed to look distinctly uncomfortable, and it would be easy to see why it wanted to come inside. And as such this tiny ball of fluff waited with uncommon intelligence behind its eyes for the owner of this apartment in particular for reasons unknown.

In the middle of his preparations for dinner, Takumi eventually appeared at his front door, having heard some commotion outside for quite some time. As the door opened, he first saw everything at eye level and above, and his eyes wandered toward the rainy skies. In doing so, his mood seemed to travel south rather quickly. "Sou ka," he said before looking down at the all-white feline who'd been making so much noise this night. To get an even closer look, he crouched down and held a limp left hand toward its face. "You don't like it either, do you?" he asked even of a creature who couldn't respond in his tongue. "You must be hungry. Get out of the storm, and I'll make a plate for you too."

This little kitten continued to make noise, until ultimately a door was opened. Within it stood Yasukawa Takumi a face recognizable to this cat. Much as had been suspected, he lad opened the door to let this cat in, and even went on to express that he would feed it and give it a place to stay, making an assumption that it also didn't like the weather. What he couldn't know was, this little creature knew exactly what he was saying, and as the boy's left hand came down to its face the kitten touched it with his nose. After which it would go on to rub its small body around the hand extended like the innocent and friendly creature it so obviously was, aiming to take the boy's invitation and get inside out of the rain. Even as a creature of higher intelligence, standing out in the rain wasn't comfortable in this body.

After the white cat finished rubbing itself on his outstretched hand, it entered the building. Takumi took this as a chance to look disgustedly at the rain once more before sealing himself and the feline within his abode. Once this was done, he stepped past the cat on his way toward the kitchen. "I don't have much left, so you'll have to share what I was making for me. Suman," he said. With that, Takumi went on to finish his meal preparations with an extra plate for the kitten. What he happened to have prepared was a roll of sushi, which he chopped into smaller pieces than normal for the kitten's ease of eating. When he was done, he sat on the floor right there with his legs crossed, placing one plate on the floor and taking the other into his left hand. "You're a little well-behaved for a wild cat; I haven't heard a noise since I let you in. Did someone abandon you?" he wondered aloud as he pushed the cat's plate forward. "Me too. I'll take care of you then."

'Really, you're going to feed a stray cat?' she thought as she peeked around the room. While he prepared his dinner, she found herself staring. It wasn't just a simple stare either, it was as if she was staring off into space, but at this point what she was looking at was a picture on the mantle... 'That person, looks familiar,' this cat was in deep thought even as Takumi spoke to it. But its attention was drawn away when it was mentioned how well behaved she was, Takumi himself felt abandoned and as such offered to take care of this kitten. This was simultaneously the sweetest and saddest moment ever witnessed by this kitten. Soon enough the lad was taking a seat in the floor to eat, lowering himself to the same level that the kitten was at. And the kitten walked over looking at the plate. Not only did he split his dinner with her, but he'd even cut it up more so that she could eat it. The big clear eyes of this kitten looked up at him and the smallest noise of appreciation came from it. It was almost a chirp as she sat beside him to eat.

As Takumi gave his offering to the cat, he saw it staring at him strangely. Something about this particular animal was strange to him, but he couldn't figure out exactly what it was. He subconsciously reached up to touch the mark on his shoulder as he met the feline's gaze, but thought nothing of the matter. Even so, he began rubbing the mark. "I guess I should name you then, huh? Eto..." For several moments, Takumi thought about this. He desperately attempted to find a name, but the one thing he could not escape was the one name which wouldn't leave his mind... the name that had been attached to an image, which had been stuck in his mind for far longer than he could have realized. "Reia. It sounds like..." He hesitated to finish his sentence for reasons he didn't even know. In doing so, he felt a splitting headache which brought his free hand from the mark on his neck, directly to his forehead. "Ugh. I guess you'll need a pillow or something until I can get the money for cat stuff."

As she ate the kitten was soon engaged in conversation, specifically about what she would be named. It was quite strange, when deciding to do this, she hadn't considered she would end up with another name, but she supposed she was fine with whatever this lad decided to call her. Much to her surprise, the name he came up with, was surprisingly close to her legitimate name. Almost as if it was done on purpose. 'Why would you...' she mentally questioned staring up at him as he touched his marks. It was almost as if he realized exactly what she was, but it was also obvious he didn't. 'I really don't understand you...' the kitten mused even so having finished its meal, it looked at the lad's discomfort and after a couple of tentative paw movements climbed into his lap rubbing herself against him. Strangely this was behavior she would have had even in a different form, the human version of this girl would have definitely held this lad so that his troubles eased, if he wasn't so confusing a topic for her. Since entering his house in this form she was only more confused not less so.

Takumi forced his focus through the headache he was experiencing. In the meantime, the cat finished its meal and crawled into his lap, giving pause to his movements. "Urusai," he said aloud to nothing in particular. Looking toward the cat again, he lowered his hand at last. "Maybe I should have always had a cat. As long as I feed you, you won't go anywhere. Nothing else is that simple," he commented. It seemed Takumi didn't care much for finishing, or even starting his meal. As such, he placed it on the floor and moved 'Reia' to the space next to it. He rose to make his way toward his bedroom, where he chose to lie on his back until he eventually lost consciousness.

Takumi was telling himself to shut up. This was something witnessed now twice, and it made the kitten wonder exactly what was going on in the young man's head. Having already climbed into his lap the kitten couldn't help but continuing to stare at him with those higher than normal intelligent eyes. 'How can you feel so alone,' she thought not really understanding the state of abandonment this lad found himself in. While also feeling like she'd heard it before. But she didn't really have time to consider it properly. Soon enough he was putting her own beside the rest of his meal which he didn't eat. He walked off to his bedroom and would eventually be found passed out there. This kitten currently named 'Reia' padded across the floor moving silently into this lad's bedroom and since he'd fallen asleep on his back she found it very easy to hop up on top of him. The little ball of fur cuddled with this man, her own abilities allowing her to passively absorb energy from him and at the very least allow him to sleep peacefully. The irony of this situation was not lost upon her though. 'How are you the only person to turn me into a proper succubus, Takumi...' she mused as she too drifted off to sleep, in a tight little ball atop him. 'And who is that person?' she asked herself but she couldn't remember. Something would happen in this moment though, the marks binding these two would allow something very strange to happen. Eira would find herself in a dream of the past, and strangely it would include another.

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast