"H-hai," he said regarding Eira's position as leader of the club Takumi joined. The fresh Devil's mother went on to question many things related to the club and their alleged field trip, but Eira was content to answer these in sequence, so Izuna didn't have to deal with the awkwardness that would have been Takumi's responses. This did, however, leave him silently awaiting the end of an exchange between Eira and Takumi's mother. He expected words from the older woman after Eira's explanations, but what came instead was a stare at the image of Takumi being presented by Izuna. 'Kuso. Why does this kid have to be so damn awkward about everything? I was never like this with my mom,' Izuna thought.

There had to be something he could come forward with. He found himself fishing in his own mind for a reaction befitting of Takumi, and in the end... he resorted to himself as a scapegoat. "Eto... It should be fun. Kagimi-senpai has been helping me get adjusted to the school, and he says making a bond with the rest of the club will help me get over the past. I'd... really like to go."