Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Town

Takumi was far too out of it to realize there was movement in the bed, not his own doing. As such, the arms around his body were a surprise the likes of which he could never have prepared for. 'What is...' he thought as the somewhat familiar flesh pressed against him. A voice emerged to fill the silence in this bedroom, confirming the identity of the culprit as Eira... again. Takumi's eyes were wide as she spoke to him. Her note for him not to scream was taken to heart right away, but he hadn't intended to scream regardless. At least, he wouldn't be doing any screaming outside his own head. Inside his head, however, he could not be any louder. Luckily, Eira soon released him and clothed herself, saving Takumi from thoughts of this interaction being anything more than it should have been.

Upon hearing how long he'd been unconscious, his state of shock grew more powerful. Suddenly, he had an explanation for the incredible hunger he felt beyond the sensation of his pulsing left arm. "Two weeks? But... I feel like I was just fighting. I just..." As he tried to explain himself, Takumi remembered the final moments of proper consciousness he had. He was without an arm, and then suddenly, he had one to use; one that felt a great deal more powerful than anything else at his disposal. These thoughts gave him enough clarity to look at his morphed arm and hand, and once again, the shock returned to him. "Wh-... what happened to my arm!?"

When all was said and done Eira was soon dressed and sitting in the middle of her own bed with her legs crossed at the ankles. It seemed that Takumi was indeed not screaming, which was a good sign, but he'd apparently yet to catch up to the gravity of the situation yet. "Hai two weeks..." Eira said confirming how long the lad had been asleep. Fortunately this soon led to him noticing finally the change in his arm which led to a small sigh from Eira as his excited utterance let her know that he didn't remember enough of his participating in their Rating Game against her elder brother. "Gomen, you fought the Vast White Dragon, Reshiram and she got annoyed during your fight and pulled your arm off. Apparently you and your Sacred Gear came to some sort of agreement and he gave you back your arm, as a Dragon Arm..." she summarized for him, she was still apologetic because deep down she still felt bad for sending him out to that fight... or any fight for that matter. "I don't know if you remember, but you won your fight... it was pretty awesome~" she went on to say, she was still amazed by his win and his ability to stand up to scrutiny. Normally such statements and praises would have come with physical contact, but she was making a marked effort to give him space. She figured he might have a few more questions and as such she went quiet waiting to see his reaction.

Throughout Eira's summary of the Rating Game, Takumi remembered piece by piece the fight he had taken part in. He remembered the struggle, the desperation, and... the fury. He remembered being reminded of himself in a state he thought he'd moved past long ago. He stared at his transformed hand while trying to come to terms with it all, but found no way to do so. The fact that he'd won the battle was both exciting and horrifying. On one hand, he was satisfied with his apparent ability to be useful in combat as a Devil, but on the other hand, he remembered the last time he was in such a state, and it nearly ruined what life he had as a human. Of the two sides, he chose to stick with the happier route. In all fairness, he had successfully done what he sought out to do, which was prove his ability to rise above the challenge he was faced with at the time. "I... won? Sugoi. But..." he said, losing what satisfaction he had upon realizing nothing about his arm was changing, in spite of his attempt to do away with the Sacred Gear. If there was nothing he could do about this, what sort of human life could he even pretend to have?

Eira watched the boy beside her cycle through his emotions and seemed to find it amusing. When he finally got to the important part a small smile came to her face. "Hai! You won... it was awesome, and straight out too. No handicap or anything~" she said. Seeming to find his happiness in this moment to be the important part, but it didn't last very long as he seemed to struggle with his arm a bit. She sighed knowing what had to be done, she'd waited. "Oh you're worried about that..." she said before taking it upon herself to do what was necessary before the lad could argue, she aimed to take his hand and look at it for several seconds before she'd take the boy's index finger and place it in her mouth. She then twirled her tongue around it for several seconds, like one would expect one to use a straw, and this was exactly what she was doing. Technically speaking this was a magical ability which she could use to suck the power out of his body, she chose this method of doing so because it was the least invasive. 'Sugei!~ It's like liquid cinnamon and sugar... and it's just great!~' she chimed mentally, as the flavor of this boy's power was simultaneously tasty, hot and spicy. Such a thing seemed to drain a bit of power from the lad, quite a bit, and Eira's own eyes widened as she experienced this because she could feel the slightest burning in her chest. But if all went well by the time she finished and released the boy's hand, his human fingers would have returned and her own face would be reddened as she leaned back against her headboard. A giggle escaped Eira in this moment and she would speak. "There, granted that won't hold it forever, it should..." there was a pause from the young woman. "Be alright for now... we'll look into something more permanent for you as time progresses~" she chimed. There was now no reason for the lad not to simply enjoy his victory without having to think about it too much. Still, Eira herself felt rather strange, and the reddened tint to her face didn't seem to be going anywhere, the room seemed to be leaning in multiple directions, it was beyond strange. She'd sucked the powers out of many things before this, but never had she experience such a strange sensation as this after ingesting energy.

Takumi was lost in his thoughts. He had come to expect an ability to continue acting as a human, and now, he could only believe such a thing was no longer possible. Eira spoke, but the words did not reach his ear. Suddenly though, her touch met Takumi's Dragon hand. This was nothing all too strange, but Eira followed this simple moment of contact by taking his scaled forefinger into her mouth. Yet again, the boy was overtaken by surprise, and this time blood filled his face. There was nothing he could do to stop this from happening; it was already occurring by the time it registered in his mind. Beyond this fact, the energy being drained from his arm through his finger was a surprisingly pleasant experience. The throbbing sensation in his arm was gradually receding, and the scales and Sacred Gear did the same over the duration of Eira's very strange activity. "Wha-... huh..." he muttered, finding himself incapable of proper speech until well after his hand was returned to normal. "What did you just do? That felt like... like..." Whatever he would have said was lost to him just as soon as he would have spoken the words. His arm felt amazing, and looked absolutely normal now. Eira, on the other hand, seemed very much different in the end. "Are you... alright?" he asked, noting that the crimson-haired woman leaned back in a very odd way after this exchange.

Eira didn't notice the change in the coloration of Takumi's face, but she had been previously far too engrossed in her activity to care. Beyond this, she accomplished what she wished to and the boy's hand returned to human normal without much fuss which was all she wanted in the first place. Another giggle escaped Eira as she managed to pull herself together enough to see the young boy beside her. He stumbled through his words, but asked what she'd done and eventually went on to question if she was alright. A smirk came to the girl's face as she aimed to very carefully hold herself together. "I'm great!~" she chimed only to think about it more. "As for what I did... I drained the extra Dragon Energy from your arm. So it could go back to human normal~" she said in a very matter-of-fact way. "I can just do that... drain energy from cursed objects, people, youkai... pretty much anything I want," she said thinking about a couple of other qualifiers. "Except Holy Objects, that would probably kill me... and I probably wouldn't want to take the energy out of anything if it tasted gross," she mentioned, with long pauses remaining throughout her speech. "Though I haven't encountered that yet either..." she finished up. She looked towards the young man with her and finished the explanation though it seemed to be a bit hard for her. "That fix is only temporary though, I can drain power permanently from non-living things but... I'd have to kill you to accomplish that in this case, she said though that would be all. "And I definitely don't want to do that, it's why I didn't bother trying to do so while you were sleeping... I didn't want to negatively influence your recovery," she finished with a nod, taking it upon herself to explain this situation but not at all why she had this ability in the first place. "Anyway~ since you're still living, Dragon Energy will build up in that arm again from time to time. If it does just let me know~" offered Eira seemingly fine with this situation.

It seemed what Eira had done to his hand was simply something she was capable of doing, either by natural means, or through learning the ability. How it was possible was not something that concerned Takumi; the simple fact that it had been done was enough for him. On the potentially negative side of this, Eira reminded him that this was no permanent fix, and it would have to be something he had to return to have fixed again when the situation repeated. Takumi wasn't exactly pleased by this information, but... if he could be kept from having a scaly arm for the rest of his life, he supposed there wasn't much choice. "So my arm will be like that again eventually... and you'll have to turn it back... like that?" he asked. Overall, it was a very queer application of an ability to orally absorb the energy of something or someone. Takumi could only describe it in his head as sensual, which was the polar opposite of what he would have hoped for, for general purposes and his own well-being. Sadly, it didn't seem there was a choice in the matter. "A-... Arigatou gozaimasu."

Eira got the experience of watching as Takumi processed his ability to have his arm turned back to normal through means he probably didn't really like. Once he had the right of it she simply nodded her head, a bit too fast for her current state which made her lean forward slightly and support her weight against the open palm of her left hand. He went on to thank her for this service which just made her look at him strangely. "Iie, there really isn't any need for that. You lost and grew back an arm, if I can make it look normal for you it isn't really a big deal~" she added. Eira was more the type to tease in this situation, but she'd been learning the better of some of her more ingrained habits. "Like I said, the fix is temporary, but I planned to look into some alternatives for suppressing the form of it. Potentially it could take a while, so bear with it~" she said and with that she began inching her way across her rather gigantic bed towards the edge of it where she'd swing her feet over the edge. She knew it was necessary to limit her contact with Takumi, and given his own disposition she really would look into ways of helping him with his dragon arm without being in a compromising position all the time. Even so, she thought nothing of helping him until he was better.

Speaking of helping him, Eira pulled from the bottom of the bed a small gift bag, containing a few choice souvenirs and gifts. Including a music box which played from it, the Chugoku Regional Lullaby. A nice watch and a few other trinket like items obviously from random places around Japan. "Since we didn't know how long it would take you to recover, we staged a trip to cover the absences. These are for your family. Your mother asked for them, so make sure you give them to her," Eira said leaving the bag for this young man as she vacated her bed and found herself chuckling at the still woosy feeling she maintained. "Everyone's been waiting for you to wake up~" she chimed. "And Maiko said something about having some extra stuff to help you out, with the cover for your family~" she said opening the door to her bedroom after a somewhat struggle to get there. Her face still fully flushed but she seemed about as much herself as she would ever be. "Minna!~ Takumi's up!~" she called as she opened the door, wondering who all was still within her apartment at the moment to greet their pawn. She'd also go ahead and slip out of this door to give Takumi enough time to dress. He'd find his school uniform folded neatly in a chair at the beside if he wanted to wear it.

Eira may have said it was a simple matter for her to return his arm to normal, but from Takumi's own perspective, he was only a servant. For him to sacrifice his arm, he did not feel strange at all expecting to have it left however it was. The only time he even thought otherwise was, oddly, the moments leading to the production of this new arm. At that time, he didn't even care about his nature as a servant to this Devil. The state of mind he was in during the battle against the Dragon Reshiram meant that Eira could have even been his enemy at any given point, and nothing would have changed about how he approached the situation of his missing arm. Either way, Eira leaving the bed gave him plenty of room to move about and gather his own thoughts. He soon had a decent distraction from what he'd been thinking, in the form of souvenirs for his mother. Only then did he realize the gravity of his extended sleep, though everything had seemingly been covered, so there wasn't much to worry about. He left the package where it was on the bed, choosing to instead dress himself while Eira, for whatever reason, called on the others in the building.

Of the peerage members remaining, Sairevil happened to be walking through the halls when Eira made her announcement. Continuing to move forward was all it took for him to be upon Eira's room, while Takumi finished buttoning his shirt. "That took long enough. Ohayou gozaimasu!" he said, both to Eira and Takumi, the latter of whom looked in confusion. Seeing Sairevil here, Takumi found himself wondering if they were somehow still in the Underworld. "Oh... Ohayou gozaimasu."

Whatever Takumi thought of the restoration of his arm, Eira or even the gifts for his mother, he was left in silence to dress at least for a few seconds. Soon enough, the young man was confronted by Sairevil who was Eira's nephew. He came to the door and greeted them both, which seemed to lead to some confusion in Takumi. A grin crossed Eira's face as she first greeted Sairevil, "Ohayou Revil!~" she chimed, opening her arms for a hug because she figured she'd receive one. "It's not his fault he slept so long... take it easy~" she said which made her think of how Takumi had greeted the lad, and the look of confusion upon his face. "Right, I completely forgot!~" she said a small hiccup happening in her speech. "I got Revil as my second Rook. He's part of the Peerage now, you were kind of... not conscious when that happened. Gomen," she said taking it upon herself to make proper introductions. "This is Sairevil Gremory, my nephew and Nii-sama's only son with Cinder Fall... and this is Yasukawa Takumi. Get along alright~" she managed giving a gentle nudge to her nephew. Soon enough, multiple other footsteps were soon heard as both Miyuki and Maiko came running into the room just past Sairevil.

"Yasukawa, it took for fucking ever. It's about time you woke up!~" said Maiko who was also happy to see the lad up and about. "Language, Maiko~" Eira teased though it was more than obvious by this point she didn't actually care. "Taku-senpai, we were worried about you," Miyuki managed as well. Both were dressed casually as if they hadn't been to school either and seemed to be in quite a restful state. The last one to enter would be Youmu who did so through the wall and directly behind Eira peeking at the other woman's reddened face and feeling strangely beside her. It would take Youmu only a moment to look between the pair of them and figure out what Eira had done to get in such a state. "Sou ka... that's what you did about it, Eir," was all she had to say initially. "It's good to see you up, Takkun..." she said after in the same kind of slow voice she generally had. She looked as apathetic as she always did, but that wasn't accounting for much. Surprisingly she wasn't wearing the swords she normally wore attached to her person, as she was also a person who lived within this dwelling.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast