Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Town

The vampire's pulse hastened as he held the crimson-haired devil. He could feel it in every fiber of his being; this would be his first act after waking from a sluber he could not even measure in any quantity of time. What happened as a result of his advances was unexpected, though. One should easily expect a Succubus to drain their energies during such interactions, but never did he anticipate it occurring when he'd only kissed and touched her. His eyes had closed after initiating the kiss, but they opened wide when he felt something being pulled directly from his body and soul. The grip he had on her bosom became weaker as seconds passed, and his jaw slacked as well. It was truly a shocking experience, and to top it all off, his erect state became nonexistent in the midst of the other occurrences. When this was done, Eira freed herself of his embrace to speak. His eyes, while sharp as ever, were now somewhat blank now that he was free of this mighty lust he felt toward the Succubus. The explanation of Eira's decision not to feed to her highest ability was one this man found laughable. "Shishishi~! What are we, if not slaves to our own power? Some words coming from a devil!" he replied. Still, this state of him appreciated the freedom he could now experience at long last. He'd previously been stuck in an otherwise endless dream of nothing, but now he could pursue life in his preferred way. But first, he had to address the notion of his supposed loneliness in the coffin. In doing so, he raised his right forefinger and tapped his head with it repeatedly. "Lonely? That's pitiful. You didn't get in here, did you?" he asked to reference his own mind, hence the tapping of his head. "But I saw inside you. Which one of us is the lonely one here?"

When Eira explained herself she found that this man now stripped of his lust laughed at her reasoning. She didn't really expect this, but she also didn't really know this being and as such she could only shrug off his apparent amusement. "You must have been in there for quite a while. That kind of talk makes you sound way too old for me," she mused in the same teasing voice she always had. "I am a slave to my own will, however wayward that might seem to you..." she said, knowing her logic didn't suit devils or creatures of the night. That being said she had much more to care about than how she looked to other devils and things that weren't usually worth her attention. She then got to watch this man tap his head as he asked if she'd managed to get in there and went on to state that he'd seen into her own mind and knew her to be the lonely one of this pair. "Well the obvious answer... is you," she said while looking at this man's cutting green eyes with her own crimson ones. "I won't lie and say I am not lonely but, I reach out to others because I know what it is like to feel like there is nothing in the world and you are drowning in that nothing. And I've felt that way even while being surrounded by people..." she mentioned mixing the answers to all of his questions, rhetorical or not into her singular idea in this moment. "But I am the sort of Devil who would rather be offered freely that which I could scheme, manipulate, or just take. If I choose not to make food out of people I consider my friends, that doesn't make me lonely. It makes me happy and lets me be surrounded by the warmth of reciprocity. To know that they know, I like them because I do for everything they are, not just what they give me... I thought someone used as a key would understand that."

"Shishi... I wouldn't know. Maybe it's been a day, maybe it's been a millennium or an eon. It doesn't matter," he claimed. Eira reported to be a slave not to her own power, but to her own will. Of all the people who could say such a thing, the last he would expect to hear it from was a Succubus. "You are a slave to your will, not everyone else around you? Sou ka..."

As far as Eira was concerned, he was the lonely one of this pair. She admitted to her own loneliness, which he clearly knew of from the bond of her blood, but she also produced a tirade about her own experiences with loneliness. Her alleged 'will' showed itself in the following clause, along with what satisfaction she got from her method of answering a lonely state of being. What also came from this speech though, was the mention of this vampire being one 'used as a key' of some sort, and the notion that she figured he would understand her reasoning because of this. Suddenly, the vampire's expression turned sour. "A key? Is that not the same form of key you devils refer to as a servant when you send them as sacrifices to your own bright future!?" he asked as his feet separated from the ground, leaving him floating in the air in front of this devil.

The laughter of this vampire was something which would come to plague this conversation. It didn't seem to matter to Eira very much though as she showed little to no concern for his laughter or the rather dismissive nature of his words. Even while arguing with this man over the state of his ideas, she felt bad that he did not know how long he had been away. Much like her own friends she would have offered him comfort about this point and perhaps she still would once their differences were settled. "I am everyone else is free to come and go as they please. To think for themselves and to be themselves..." she said as if the idea was one of the plainest in the world. In fact it was the backbone of most of her thoughts. For someone who'd been within the confines of her mind, it was as if he'd chosen only to latch on to things he understood and not the greater complexity of the young Succubus.

Regardless it seemed that a point of proper contention had been reached. Though this vampire had been up to this point, humorously mocking her sentiments, he seemed to take issue with the fact that she'd called him a key. To be honest he couldn't have been much else considering that two of three methods of freeing that which resided within his chest could have simply killed him instead of freeing him. It was at this point that Eira fully realized the problem that he had her with her and she was quite honestly stunned. "You were in my head, and you dare question that?!" she said almost outraged and vibrating with power. These words were almost a direct insult, not only to Eira herself, but to every member of her Peerage that she loved and adored. "I don't speak for other Devils nor what they choose to do, but I don't believe in sacrificial pieces. I wouldn't give up a single person for my own success. I'd give up myself to see any one of them happy, any day," she said with the conviction that burned down to the depths of her soul. Such was the truth of her as a person, she sacrificed her power because she wanted her friends happy and free of her potential corruption. She'd give up any of them who wanted to leave even though she loved them to see them smile with someone else. She couldn't believe the audacity of this man to question how she bonded with others.

"Sou nanda." At this point, the vampire's expression had become as flat as it was when he slept. Eira snapped due to the simple fact that he'd questioned the nature of a devil's peerage in comparison to the nature of what he himself had been turned into long, long ago. In spite of her fury, he stared relentlessly into her eyes with those of contrast. "You're all the same in the end. You'd let them go so freely because they want to go? Ridiculous. They wouldn't go. Maybe they really are attached. Maybe they just don't want to hurt your sensitive little feelings. Or maybe... they feel trapped into servitude to you over anyone else, just because it was you who made them," he mused. Between segments, the vampire floated closer and closer to Eira, lowering himself toward the floor without ever reaching it. By the time he spoke again, he stood just within arms reach, barely a foot from the ground. "Even worse. They'll give their all to keep serving you, and you'll rise higher than you could ever imagine while they die, and die... and die again. Kuzure no Oujo. Maybe you're right, though. I'd much rather have sacrificed myself than to have been offered up by someone else. But, just like them... I suppose I'm going to disappear one day too."

Again this vampire spoke of the wrong of this situation. He apparently saw her fury and was content to meant her gaze with flat affect. This did nothing to deter the rage felt by Eira in this moment. Even as the blonde let it be known that he figured they were all the same. Even if her peerage was attached to her and wouldn't leave, it was probably some sense of obligation keeping them there, or they didn't want to hurt her feelings or some other such nonsense. If this man had truly looked into her mind during the time he'd tasted her blood, perhaps he'd eaten her doubts ones she'd nursed for years and cared for until very recently. Now as she stood her power receded as a smile returned to her face. Strangely she was silent, even as he floated down closer to her level, standing within arms reach and aiming to push at the last possible button she had left. "Kuzure?" she repeated softly. That horrid word that seemed to follow her everywhere she went, but recent events had led her to see the light of this statement and as such she looked up into the cutting gaze of this lad and replied the only way she knew how.

"These sound like all my doubts manifested and spoken to me from a mouth not my own. I worried about all of those things, and to be honest, I still do. But those wonderful people that came to me, showed me I was selling them short. Projecting my insecurities onto them because I lacked the strength to face their convictions and honor their choices. But they've shown me, I'm the one who puts the ruined ones back together so they can keep moving," she said. Thinking about it more she knew how she felt now, and was content regardless of how this conversation turned out because she understood more of the person she was over the last couple of months than she had in decades. And it was all thanks to them. Still his final words deserved addressing and strangely the girl no longer furious, but still overcome with emotion. She reached out to touch this lad the palm of her right hand making contact with that glowing gem in his chest, before she reached up to pull him into a hug squeezing him with the same affection she gave everyone who belonged to her. The same affection she gave everyone who'd touched her heart in a significant way, with the plight of their life. And if she succeeded in this action, she'd softly offer him what she'd offered most of them, in some form or fashion. "If you ever feel like you're going to disappear. You can call me, I won't let you," she said offering the lad a warm smile and being content not to hold against him, even the argument they'd just been having because she knew nothing good could come of that. She simply accepted him as he was, a man with a cursed existence, and if he wanted help she'd go out of her way to help him find his way out of it, much like she'd already done today.

What he said most recently was something which Eira, strangely enough, took in stride with a smile. She seemed unfazed by the words he offered, but his opinion remained intact nonetheless. Apparently, these subordinates she had were uplifting to her in some way the vampire could neither fathom nor agree with in general. His stare persisted as she reached for the stone in his sternum, but what came afterwards was a shocking development. He was pulled in and embraced for reasons lost to him entirely, but a follow-up statement to this action rang in his ear. "Tch!" he muttered while jerking away from the devil. "Disgusting. I should thank you more for clearing my head of that Succubus magic than I should for you freeing me. I won't be dragged down with you and your band of self-destructive lackeys. Sayonara, Eira Gremory," he said immediately prior to triggering a transformation which gave him the form of a bat flock, which spread out and vacated the premises without further notice. Seeing the bats fly off, Mahad came to realize he likely wouldn't have to be exposed to another man's groin if he turned around, so he did just that to continue his discussion with Eira. "What an interesting individual. Now, the pact?"

Eira came to the conclusion that an individual like the one she'd freed from this place, likely wouldn't understand the meaning of her statements yet, but maybe some time in the future he would come to see what she meant. And beyond this she was well and truly serious about offering the man her aid if he had use of it, because she thought he deserved it, in spite of his rather ornery attitude. "Gomenasai, if I'd known my magic would affect you by giving you my blood, I would have taken more precautions in the first place. I'll be more careful next time, Ja ne~" she chimed, as if she fully expected to see this man again. He'd jerked away from her embrace and even seemed upset in someway, but Eira felt that it might not last. Perhaps being out in the world would give him a better outlook. Even so she watched him fly off in a swarm of bats and couldn't help but chuckle. "Ufufufufufu~" she chuckled, though this experience she'd made peace with several aspects of her life right now.

It would be soon after that it came to her attention that Mahad was still in this room. Though she'd spent most of her time in this place talking to the Mage who wanted to have a pact with her, she'd completely forgotten he was there while she chatted with the Vampire they'd found in the basement. Her eyes widened as she turned to face him, managing to look a tad abashed. "Hai, he was pretty interesting, I kinda wish I had gotten his name though, I got wrapped up in..." she paused for a second because she realized something very important. "Wait, you just like witnessed all of that, and you don't think I'm like crazy or too much trouble and you still want to form a pact with me?" she said. Though she'd done what she'd intended and gotten herself and Mahad out of the time locked house. She'd also been approached by a naked vampire, called out as a virgin Succubus and had literally all of her major weaknesses and insecurities laid bare for this man to know and understand. It was unfathomable to her that he'd still want her as his partner when she was obviously flawed as such.

Mahad had no visible concern for the fact that Eira had gone without getting the vampire's name, not that he ever visually showed much of anything. His sole concern now that the curse of this building had been broken, was the pact he intended to make with this devil, and no other. Eira, on the other hand, seemed surprised by his remaining willingness to go through with said pact. When she questioned him, he stared her directly in the eye. "I do not concern myself with the trifles of devils, vampires or any other creatures. You completed the task you chose by the method you desired. Furthermore, you managed the best possible outcome for everyone involved here, excluding a single disagreement between that vampire and yourself," he asserted. If anything, Mahad had long since decided he had an even greater desire to complete this contract by linking with Eira the way devils and magicians did. So, he repeated himself. "Now, the pact?"

In response to her question, Eira received a rather succinct and forceful answer from Mahad. She watched him explain this information and met his gaze her eyes alight with emotion. "Ufufufu~" she chuckled as her own power began to vibrate around her once more. "You've got the kind of will I like Mahad," she mentioned and it was quite true. As a person Eira enjoyed the sort of assertive attitude that this mage had about his learning. She respected his passion for his craft, and though he'd been bested by this 'haunted house', his reputation and ability to think through the situation he'd been trapped in were more than enough to be celebrated. And given the kind of life that Eira would likely lead at some point, his brevity and ability to ignore the distractions of her life would be greatly appreciated. "Alright then, let's form a pact~" she mused. This day had quite the strange turn of events but she couldn't deny that it was more helpful than harmful, and she thought this as her magic circle formed beneath her person full of runes and complete with a rose like filigree in the middle.

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast