Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Town

The paw on his face resulted in Takumi waking within a matter of seconds. The moment his eyes opened, he shed a few tears he had no explanation for. Of course, this was far from a first experience for the young man. He often had dreams of a past he could scarcely remember more than a few blurry images from, and it seemed this night had produced such a dream. A surprised expression was painted on his face as he looked at the cat on his chest. "Chikushou..." he muttered while carefully rising into a seated position. He didn't have the same headache he had the previous night, but his hand grasped his head just the same. "Why... can't I ever remember?" he wondered aloud. Something within him knew this repeating dream was important somehow, but he could never figure out why since he couldn't remember it at all. "Ugh. Screw it; it probably doesn't matter."

The paw of Reia seemed to wake Takumi well enough but his waking wasn't a peaceful one. There were tears in his eyes and after working himself into a proper sitting position he even claimed he never remembered what was going on in those dreams. The kitten which had been on his chest, continued purring, never letting go of his person and instead climbing up onto his shoulder to burrow itself into his neck, offering unadulterated affection in the fact of his sadness. 'You don't remember because you don't want to... you need a strong will to remember what you want,' thought this cat, even without saying that the purr was the same it was here she was here to gently feed off this boy and bond with him without causing him stress. At the very least, Eira now at least partly understood the kind of mental stress her presence caused this lad, and the more she learned of this picture, the more she realized she'd ruined him unintentionally. 'I have to fix this,' she concluded and there was only one person she could even ask about such a thing.

The kitten's movements were quite meaningless to Takumi at this point. Instead, his concern went out to the current time, which he checked by setting his gaze on the clock beside his bed. In looking at it, he was able to virtually plan out the first quarter of his day just because of how early it was. '6:42. I could get the shopping out of the way now, I guess,' he thought. Without further ado, Takumi sighed and extricated himself from the bed while brushing off the cat so randomly connected to him. He would go on to bathe himself before heading out into town, aiming to fill his fridge with food, and his house... apparently with cat-related items for his new 'pet'.

The kitten was soon brushed off and watched as the boy moved about, eventually leaving his apartment with her locked inside. This kitten could of course leave at any point in time, but she imagined this wouldn't be good for the lad's already strained psyche. For the time being, she supposed she could pace and wait. As such she did exactly that. This small kitten acted in a very cat like manner exploring all corners of this apartment and getting familiar with its layout that she might be able to sneak in and out without Takumi noticing when she left. 'I can't leave him again... hell I never wanted to leave him in the first place,' she thought to herself. 'How was I supposed to know he'd eventually break down to the point of dying... I never wanted him to die for me. I just wanted him to find happiness and be sure,' she thought as she paced round the house. Until very recently she'd been thinking that people didn't really know what they wanted in relation to her, perhaps... Shouki was the first person to receive such treatment from her. The static build up in this little kitten was likely ridiculous but she was just living her life as a house cat so she might as well enjoy it. As such she eventually found herself sitting in the window of this lad's apartment watching everyone on their morning routines walk by waiting for Takumi's return.

Roughly twenty minutes after Takumi's departure, he stepped out of a store a few blocks down the street from his apartment. He carried three plastic bags in his left hand, and two in his right hand. He seemed to be just as deep in thought as he had been before going out, but now was the time to return. 'I can't afford cat food. She'll just have to eat like I do. Good thing I like fish, I guess,' he found himself thinking as he approached, and stopped at, a crosswalk.

At the crosswalk beside Takumi as he remained deep in thought, there was another just beside him. This young woman had white hair atop her head, and vibrant red eyes. She also seemed to be deeply contemplative, but if one cared to notice she'd basically just appeared beside Takumi. Her cream colored jacket blew in the wind as she took a moment to briefly inspect the contents of his bag. "Hm, a bag full of cat toys and a bunch of fish. You just spent all your money on something not for you... One has to wonder if devils have always been this selfless," she questioned rather astutely. "Well, I guess you're a dragon too, but the one you are isn't really selfless either," she mused. Another voice would be heard and this one be strangely male and not directed at Takumi. "Red One, hasashiburi."

As Takumi awaited an opening to cross the street, a voice met his ear. This was in no way familiar to him, but the female voice spoke with some level of familiarity. He turned his head to look at the girl who so suddenly appeared here, wondering what she was supposed to be and how she knew so much about his existence. "Do I... know you?" he asked. There was something ever so slightly familiar about this girl. As far as he knew for certain though, he'd never seen this person in his life. However, there was another exchange dictating a connection between another pair in this same meeting. Ddraig stirred, speaking after being addressed through the gem on Takumi's hand. "White One... I didn't expect to meet you again so soon."

The presence of this white haired young woman was met by confusion. Takumi asked this lass if he knew her and she could only look at him with mild understanding on her face. "You really don't remember then," she stated, knowing the lad's trauma probably affected how he remembered the events of more than a week prior to this one. "Well that is probably for the best." these words came from the young woman who stood with her right hand tucked under her chin, though this action usually came with a white wing wrapped around her person, they were standing at a crosswalk and thus it could not be done. "We are classmates, my name is Cassiel Angelus... you can call me Cassie," she mentioned as if it was normal to appear beside someone and start a conversation in the middle of the morning. "I am the bearer of the Vanishing Dragon's Light Wings. The second Heavenly Dragon. Yoroshiku."

This conversation was likely a strange one to Takumi but the dragon known as Albion seemed to take in stride that which his current partner did. "This new partner of mine... has some very different ideas about the world. And because of that... here I am," mentioned Albion who spoke to Ddraig as if the pair were on friendly terms, more so than most of the other dragons who'd encountered them so far.

There was something Takumi apparently didn't remember, but this girl claimed that was for the best. Whatever it was, he attributed it to any prior knowledge he had of her. He seemed to have forgotten a lot of things that he couldn't quite remember the importance of. "Cassie... Angelus," he repeated, indeed finding some familiar tone in her name. More importantly, Cassiel explained her identity as the holder of the Vanishing Dragon, cementing the idea Takumi already had that it was another dragon presently speaking with Ddraig. "Heavenly Dragon?"

"I never got to explain, Partner," Ddraig spoke, choosing now to clear up a few things he'd been neglecting due to his current host's other issues. "That there is the White Dragon of Supremacy, Albion. Since ancient times in the wake of the battle we had that brought every faction against us, those who hold the Sacred Gears we were sealed in have been destroying themselves to destroy each other. It's destiny for you two to fight through us."

Ddraig's words to Takumi were an explanation of what the Heavenly Dragons were. It seemed that Takumi was missing a lot of information, but given what he'd already been through, it didn't surprise her that the lad didn't know much about her or anything concerning Albion. "There is no justice in destruction for the sake of it," these were the words of Cassie pure and simple. They strangely didn't stop here, no, there was much more to be said by this young woman about the nature of their battle. "There is even less justice in destroying one who would so readily destroy himself." These words might have seemed harsh but there was something of a light in this Miracle Child's eye. "But, I've been watching you, Red Dragon Emperor, and I've seen you trying to find your justice. So, I am going to show you what it looks like!" she said. These weren't the words of a straight up fight, nor those of the kind of destructive history that Ddraig's words would have led one to believe existed between the pair of them. No, these were the words of a girl, who'd determined by her own observation, that this young man was one of the same kind of justice she found in herself, and she wanted to help him find the means to use it properly. And in the long term protect everyone else from his potential rampages. "But... you can drop off your groceries first. I'm not rude..." she mused.

The White Dragon chuckled from within this girl's body. "Sorry Red One, it's a new day. And it seems like her ideal Supremacy is very different from the others... but this life seems like it's going to be an interesting one for us," mentioned Albion who seemed to have less problem with the attitude of the child he was partnered with currently than one would have been led to believe.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast