Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Town

This girl who spoke as if she knew more about him than he sometimes knew about himself seemed to have solid ideals of what was just, and what was not. Just the same, she had some intention of guiding him on the path to his own sense of justice, which Takumi didn't think he had in the first place. Whatever she wanted with him, she made it seem quite selfless. She even gave him an opportunity to leave his groceries behind, which he wouldn't have expected from such an open, seemingly not very optional, offer. With the way Cassiel proposed this, how could he refuse? Without a word, he crossed the street and made his way home, assuming Cassiel would be accompanying him all the way. He entered his apartment while gesturing for the girl to follow. "Have a seat. I'll be a minute," he said, needing to take a few moments to put away his recent purchases.

It seemed that Takumi was amenable to whatever idea that Cassiel put forward. As such she had no problem following him to his apartment. When they walked up to it, she saw in the window a small white cat staring out into the distance. Even so, there was something quite strange about the animal which made her left brow raise in surprise. 'That is Cassie... is Takumi making friends?' the kitten wondered seemingly pleased but there was a problem this small cat creature fully acknowledged. Especially as this other dragon entered the room. "Hai hai..." was the only offering of the Miracle Child who went on to have a seat in the living area of the lad's house. Up close this small kitten jumped down from the window and jumped back up onto the coffee table sitting directly across from the young woman. Cassie's senses were much too good for her not to realize what this cat was or rather who. As she sat on this couch her mouth opened to speak on the strangeness of this situation. "This cat is..." whatever the sentence was it stopped because the kitten jumped again this time placing a paw atop the woman as if to stop her speech on purpose. As she looked at the cat from so short range, she could be sure, sure of the intelligence of this creature not being at all related to being an animal. "Kawaii..." she hadn't told a lie in this but she simply didn't know the situation which would create the necessity of such an arrangement. Beyond this the cat which hadn't made a single sound, made one now before starting to purr. Such a truly animal like reaction made the white haired girl pet the top of this cat's head while it propped itself up on her lap with a single paw, all of this while Takumi put away his groceries.

Takumi first went into the kitchen to put away his groceries, bar a serving of salmon which he began to season and cook on the spot. As it was simmering, he returned to the living room and laid out a scratching post in the empty area of the room previously addressed by Maiko. Nearby, he set up a cat bed with toys placed on the floor around it. He did this in a timely enough manner that he was able to return to his fish pan and check the skin on the salmon. "She came in yesterday. She reminds me of someone, so I decided to keep her," he said to the white-haired girl. Before plating the salmon he had almost finished preparing, he had one more thing to say to this person. "Are you hungry? I have extra. There was a sale today."

The empty corner of the lad's apartment was soon given a strange treatment. Firstly, he started cooking. It was very easy for this little kitten to forget that she enjoyed food, until this lad was cooking for her. Reia sniffed the air and mewed under the attention of the Miracle Child. Still there were far weirder things that had been done. 'I wonder why she chose to go along with this...' mused the cat. The rest of the apartment was made complete by the addition of cat related products, including a bed, toys and a scratching post. Reia's eyes widened and the cat settled down into the lap of the Miracle Child for now. Takumi's words about the kitten seemed to be found funny by the white haired girl, for reasons the lad would probably never know. "Hahahaha~ You took in a cat because it reminds you of someone?" she asked most rhetorically. "What did you name her?" she questioned more specifically. Beyond that there was the fact that this young man went on to offer her breakfast, claiming of course that the food had been on sale. "You have been told we are basically mortal enemies. We likely are technically in more ways than you presently realize. The thought that you would still feed me, makes me question everything I know," there was a pause in her speech and a gentle smile came to her face. "Iie, I already had breakfast... thank you though," she said calmly. Her eyes moved to the surprisingly attentive kitten and she looked at her with the clear version of the eyes she'd seen a week prior so full of emotion. 'Sou ka, that's why...' she mused mentally, supposing that there was only so much that one could change about themselves.

"Ou," he said about why he had the cat in his apartment. If this weren't the case, he likely would have still kept it. The person he owed rent to would likely take issue with this, but Takumi hadn't actually considered the problem. "Her name is Reia." In a matter of moments, he was done cooking. Since Cassiel claimed she wasn't hungry, he took care of the cleanup while letting the salmon cool a bit. Once that was out of the way, he returned to the living area and placed the plate of fish meat on the floor for the cat's enjoyment at her leisure. "Ddraig and Albion are mortal enemies. I don't have anything to do with that," was his only comment to the matter of the potential conflict between himself and Cassiel. He had enough issues of his own to deal with; he wouldn't be dragged into an age-old war between these two dragons without his own reasons to participate. "So, you wanted to show me something?"

The name of this kitten was given and the eyes of the white haired lass widened. She was no fool and the likeness of the name of he'd chosen to the person who this cat actually was could not be understated. When she looked up there was an intense stare coming from this cat, the likes of which no animal eyes could possess. "Sou ka, that's a pretty cute name," she said. Soon enough the boy was joining her from the kitchen having sat down a plate for the kitten who rubbed herself against his legs before going off to enjoy her meal, such would make the kitten sit and eat quietly all while watching this interaction. The words Takumi spoke to Cassie were ones which made her look to him once more a smug smirk coming to her face. "Sugoi. We are in agreement then about the dragons age old competition having nothing directly to do with us. Good good, there is nothing just about inherited debts," she said seeming to enjoy this as an idea. "There is one more thing, you don't really know me, but I should make clear that I am also a Miracle Child... which means..." she paused thinking about how to explain it. And decided to show while sitting in this room the singular white wing which emerged from her right side. "I am half-Angel," she said. "I should preface this by saying I know what you are, and have known for quite some time. I have been shown that in our current time, our differences don't matter so much," she mentioned calmly her intentions weren't at all aligned to those of any over all faction. She'd been told to do what she thought was just at any cost. "I am here because I have seen you trying... but I can help you because I can already do the things you need to do," she said staring at him from her perspective, he'd have every reason to say no. "It is my opinion that it is for the good of all if you know and understand your Balance Breaker... and I would like to see what you decide as a proper being."

This was strangely a selfless offer to help the lad in his developing stages without caring about his affiliations or anything besides their bond as similarly created dragons. As she spoke these words she felt the ever watchful eye of the kitten on the floor. Those intelligent eyes were almost menacing but would go back to eating without fail until the meal was finished. 'Though I don't enjoy having to explain why I am a cat to her later, this would give him something else to use besides that form that could kill him and everyone else,' the kitten mused. 'It comes from a good place and it would be good for him to gain some more combat experience with his true form.'

Cassiel thought it good that they shared a viewpoint on the dragons' squabble. That didn't matter to Takumi. What did matter was whatever she intended to show him, and this apparently began with the revealing of her existence as a half-angel. As far as the boy knew, he'd never consciously met an angel of any sort before, so the concept of half-blooded ones was certainly new to him. What's more, their powers were seemingly similar enough that Cassiel had access to the things Takumi had yet to properly learn about. She could help him make better use of his Balance Breaker, and thought it to be something better for the general public. Of course, Takumi had no idea he was responsible for so much destruction one week prior to this moment, but he had seen first-hand the destructive capabilities of dragons. "Fine. Let's go then."

Cassie watched as this lad processed the information he was given. Apparently his education as a Devil hadn't gotten down to the different species and their ever evolving conflict, which was likely for the best considering that such information had been known to drive humans mad. The only thing remotely strange about this was that the boy possessed a Sacred Gear which should have made him a prime target and thus he should have known about most things way sooner. Still he seemed to possess no problem with what she had to say about showing him how to use his Balance Breaker and helping him work out the best use of his skills. A grin came to her face, "Hai, follow me. I have a place I use for this sort of thing, where we won't be interrupted..." she stated.

She'd leave this apartment with the lad in tow, headed for an abandoned church which had a huge field and open mountain range behind it. The entire area was uninhabited for obvious reasons and as such it was the perfect place to training like what she had in mind. Once she was there she'd stand on the ground with her hand tucked under her chin, doing so she would activate the base form of her Sacred Gear, a giant pair of armored wings with four large light feathers protruding from each. She'd stand across from him and wait quizzically studying him. "This is the base form of my Sacred Gear: Divine Dividing. Come we will see what you have to work with so far," she said. Her posture was relaxed and she would seem almost arrogant to stand in such a way, but she also knew the full capabilities of her own skills and weaponry so it wasn't arrogance so much as justifiable self-confidence.

"Hai," Takumi said as he followed behind this half-angel. Their trip eventually brought them to a church which seemed to no longer be in use. Their destination was not the church itself, but the sizable field behind it. Once there, Takumi witnessed the lowest form of his apparent counterpart's Sacred Gear, which was wings of light interestingly befitting of her angelic existence. This was exactly along the lines he anticipated, then; he would be learning by example, in whatever context such a thing meant to Cassiel. "Sou ka... Ddraig," he called out, prompting the gem on his left hand to flash as the dragon reacted. "Dragon Booster!" was stated to mark the appearance of the red gauntlet covering his hand and entire forearm. He looked to Cassiel the entire time, speaking to her the name of his Sacred Gear when it was properly summoned. "Boosted Gear."

"Sou ka..." said Cassie, watching as this lad communicated directly with the dragon within him, and used it to manifest and summon his sacred gear. Having never seen him outside of his Juggernaut Drive, she had no idea what the base form of his power was. Looking at it now, she found it to be suitable to the type of person he's shown himself to be while she watched him in school. "A gauntlet... I see. Now I understand how you'd sacrifice your arm," she said. "I've seen you throw a punch so I know you can do that but..." she decided to take a moment and test the waters, when she bounced off the ground she took off in flight. She would find herself rather quickly approaching this lad, or rather she'd find herself at his left side by virtue of light speed movement. She almost literally vanished as she approached but when she reached his side, she stopped moving having a closer look, "Do you know how to use that properly?" she asked him the question itself was both prodding and a bit of a challenge. She seemed to be more than prepared regardless of what the lad was capable of, and that would be the case given her angelic nature.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast