Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Town

The tie for Sairevil to observe one of these Soccer games would be sooner than he thought. He nodded his head to agree that he would accompany Eira when she viewed the next game, which would apparently involve at least Izuna as a participant. "I'll be there for sure!" he said for clarity. Speaking of clarification, there was a matter Eira sought a solid answer for. The question rose pertaining to Sairevil's intentions, or lack thereof, for joining herself and the others in Kuoh Academy. Sairevil had only ever experienced schooling of a certain sort, related to the Underworld, and he had enjoyed that experience. He didn't know what to expect of human schools, but it was just another experience that would add a notch to his proverbial belt, as it were. "Sure! I'd like to see what kind of things humans learn about, especially if I'm going to be staying in their world from now on."

"Hai hai, it's good to support our friends in their endeavors. Izuna has good teamwork with Leishi, so the games are super exciting to watch," Eira mentioned. She apparently enjoyed watching the soccer games, and thought it gave Izuna a proper outlet for his competitive nature. As they moved along in conversation her nephew mentioned that he'd enjoy going to school. He both thought the experience would be nice and felt an obligation to learn a bit about humans while he was in the human world. "Sugoi!~ I knew you'd say that... I definitely signed you up already~" Eira said. Her nephew was agreeable enough that she figured he'd enjoy going to school with the others. Given this around the same time she'd gone to spy on Takumi's school record, she'd also signed up Sairevil for school too. "You start tomorrow~ It'll be fun for you~" she said to the young man, happy he'd gone along with it. It wouldn't have taken much to pull him from the school, but getting the paperwork out of the way earlier would help him have a smooth transition.

With this information out in the open, Eira was more than satisfied to let the conversation progress until it eventually wavered and she retired for the night to settle until the next school day.

Takumi had spent the majority of the day in school, followed by a slightly smaller chunk of time learning the ins-and-outs of Underworld history, amongst a few other things. Following his leave of the Occult Research Club's meeting place, he returned to his own home just long enough to gather the package of souvenirs and edited images for his mother. He was graced my a moonlit sky by the time he crossed the city to reach the house he grew up in. A deep breath escaped the boy when he reached the front door. With the package in his left hand, he raised his right hand to knock on the door. He expected his mother to be the one who answered first, and he was mentally preparing himself to meet her. As such, his resolve showed in his facial features as he looked toward the door and awaited its opening.

The knock at the door to Takumi's parents house would not be answered by his mother. Strangely the action of knocking at the door wouldn't be greeted by anything other than the door opening. Though the lights were on within the house, everything else seemed to be dark, and though nothing appeared to be out of place, the quiet of the home was unsettling. If Takumi entered and moved through the house, the kitchen would be unoccupied, but the fridge would be full of the necessary ingredients for the lads favorite meals. The living room would be in its normal amount of disarray but the lights wouldn't be working. The silence of this house would only be further disturbed if he made it all the way back to the study, where he'd find a womanly body sitting atop the desk facing away towards the night sky, and a pair of large feathered black wings. "Okaerinasai, Red Dragon Emperor~" the voice which occupied this space would be strangely familiar. It was the same woman, who'd interrupted the first Rating Game he'd participated in.

It might have seemed strange that she hadn't showed up to the lad's apartment. But she'd known about his existence for quite some time before she watched him in action. She'd seen the mess he'd made of a middle school boy in a fight and thus, when she couldn't find him at school, she'd come to his childhood home to wait for his return. What happened while she awaited him, in her boredom, she couldn't even take responsibility for.

As he knocked, Takumi witnessed the opening of the door for reasons other than someone pulling it open. It seemed to become ajar simply due to the pressure he'd put on it. Not knowing what to make of this, he stepped inside and began wandering. Never in his life had he experienced such silence throughout this building, bar moments when he was alone inside. Even so, there was a certain ambiance that made this experience different. It was as if he was alone at home again, but... he felt like he certainly wasn't. The lighting of the house led him to wonder if a bill or two had gone unpaid... but that wasn't possible; his parents were quite well off in that department. Moving felt almost unnatural, as if he were subconsciously guiding himself toward something.

Perhaps his mother wasn't home, and his father sought solitude and a good atmosphere for progressing his works. Surely this had to be the case. It was this mentality which led Takumi, eventually, to the study he often found the man in. There, he found no one at all... At least, that's what he would have preferred. Takumi was instead greeted by the appearance of two black feathered wings that seemed to encompass the entire room. The voice which spoke to him was all too familiar, as it was the very same one which accosted him during his first Rating Game. "You..." he said as his resolve to speak with his parents slipped away, replacing itself with more worry than he'd previously known. "What are you doing here? Where are my parents?"

Sachiel was greeted in much the same way she had been when she'd first entered this house the day prior. "I've been watching you for a while you know? Long before this school switching and all of that~ I saw what you did before and figured you had a Sacred Gear I just didn't know which one at first, you're a find, Red Dragon Emperor. I put a lot of time into you, I couldn't just let the Devils have you, even if I did drop the ball by not being around with those boys kicked you off the roof," Sachiel began explaining as she turned her face there was a mysterious glow illumining her face beyond her wings coming from what would have been the chair in front of her. In all actuality, it was coming from the body of Takumi's father, pin-cushioned by light with his eyes open and the stillness of death in his expression. "Anyway, I came here, because it is the only place you go not overly populated by those pesky Devil children... you were really hard to find. But I knew when you went back to school. I came here to talk to your parents..." she started and evil smile spread across her face. However she had this information about Takumi, it wasn't direct enough because she didn't know about the lad's separate apartment.

"Put on a great show you should have seen it~" she chimed as she used magic to transform her face and visage into that of a young girl with raven colored hair pale green eyes and large breasts. Still here still in the comfort of her large wings which kept a slight block of Takumi's view of what was in front of her. "I tried to convince them, that I was a school friend and that I wanted to wait for you to come by today. They didn't buy it, for some reason..." she said. Of course, she wouldn't have any idea that Takumi's actual school friends had been by before his 'trip' and as such her coming here before Takumi did nothing but set off suspicions. "So, I erased their memories and tried again, and again, and again..." she explained as if it was the most straight forward thing in the world. "I am pretty sure their brains fried from all the lies. Every time they recognized me it got more painful for them," she said thoughtfully. "I tried to convince them I was your guardian angel, that I was only looking out for you. That they should convince you to come with me... but they wouldn't..." she stated as she transformed herself back into the adult form she'd known before. "So they died, by my hands... confused and alone waiting for you to come home," she said, as she finally turned around fully and moved her wing out of the way so that Takumi could see his father sitting in the chair with several light spears through him, and one also through his mother who'd come between them at some point during this torture. "I was content just to torture this man and keep your mother, in case you wouldn't come along. I didn't expect her to jump in and try to protect your father. That sort of sacrifice will definitely get her into Heaven. It's kind of sweet actually, that they died together~" she mentioned. Admittedly the death of his mother was accidental, she had intended to keep the woman around as leverage but that didn't matter. "So, they aren't holding you back any more, and obviously you're here so your little Devil friends can't tell me no." she completed this statement. "Come with me, and let us look after you. The Sacred Gears with living beings inside seem to be picky and if we take it off of you, it may not work properly." she gave the final reason for this, while leaving Takumi to look over the bodies of his sacrificed parents. And Sachiel, talked about them like they didn't matter at all, like nothing about their deaths was meaningful nor their lives, bar of course, the fact that they'd born between them Takumi the Red Dragon Emperor.

Many words left the Fallen Angel's mouth after two questions offered by the lad. At first, her speech had nothing to do with what he'd asked, but everything to do with how she'd been keeping tabs on him for a very long time because of his Sacred Gear. Over time, it became obvious that she'd come here specifically to claim him and his Sacred Gear for the Fallen Angels' purpose. Then came the disturbing news. More words came; those horrible words that Takumi, deep within the recesses of his mind, had been fearing since he set foot in the house. His parents were dead. He would have liked to stop hearing everything spoken by Sachiel after this admission, but he couldn't. He couldn't stop himself hearing how she intended to torture his father and abduct his mother. He also couldn't stop himself hearing how his mother intervened, only to make it so both parties died together. Most importantly, he couldn't stop himself seeing what the eerie glow behind Sachiel was when she finally moved from his line of sight. If Takumi could even manage to repress everything, to pretend there was no way these words could be true... all possibilities of that were gone in a single, eye-opening, heart-sinking instant.

"T..."

The light left Takumi's eyes as a lump filled his throat. His vision blurred as if he'd been submerged in water, as his own remorse began pouring from his eyes like a dam of some sort had been broken. "Tou-san. Kaa-san." Forward he went. His feet felt as if cinder blocks had been tied to them in multitudes, but he dragged them along nonetheless. Soon, he was stepping past Sachiel with his mouth agape. Takumi stopped just shy of his parents' corpses, and the incredible weight of his torso pulled him down to his knees. "I... I'm go... going..."

Sachiel had explained a great many things to Takumi, and much to her surprise the lad didn't immediately have anything to say. She'd expected an outburst, a cry, a scream, literally anything. She'd taken several of these Sacred Gear holders by killing their parents. Sometimes directly, like she'd just done with Takumi. Sometimes, indirectly by killing them and coming to the rescue of the young bearers when they were all alone. Regardless of how she got them, she obtained them in the end. As such she was not truly surprised by the intense sorrow which came from Takumi in this moment. She watched as tears seemed to fill the boy's eyes, as he made the slow approach to inspect the bodies of his fallen parents. His remorse was obvious and somehow a bit funny to Sachiel. "Kufufufufu~ Look at you! I didn't know a boy could look cute crying~" she mused. "Coming along then, need a minute? I mean they are your parents, I understand if you want to cry it out..." she said almost callously. Angels of lore were said to be beings of kindness and respect, but in moments like these it would be hard for anyone to accept that one like Sachiel had ever been one of these creatures. There was a heinousness to her nature that made her very different from everyone else, but she did fall for a reason. She stood beside the desk off to the side, with the most absent expression on her face, there was nothing here she wanted other than the broken boy on the ground. And she would have him in a matter of seconds, or so she believed. 'This is great! He's all alone we can take him back, and eventually even he will have to recognize my skills.' she thought. Whoever it was that Sachiel aimed to impress by acquiring the Red Dragon Emperor, was obviously someone of great importance to her cause.

Takumi seemed almost incapable of forming a proper sentence, but there was one thing he meant to say... one thing he felt compelled to say. Soon, the words finally left his mouth. "I'm going... to destroy you and everything you know. Every Fallen Angel... every Angel... even God for making someone that could do something like this..." Marking his words, Takumi's left arm took the form of Dragon scales and gained the Boosted Gear. At that very moment, the green gem of Boosted Gear flashed, heralding the voice of Ddraig. "Yare yare. You're pretty stupid, Fallen Angel. This has never happened so soon. I'd suggest running, but that won't do you any good."

In a matter of moments, the consciousness Takumi had was all but gone. His movements became even more like that of a zombie as he rose from the floor, drowning in his own Demonic Energy and the powers of Ddraig at once. His eyes turned red again, then glowed brightly with the green that belonged to the Red Dragon himself. "I, who shall awaken..." Suddenly, countless small orbs of light stemmed from Takumi's chest, which was simultaneously being covered by the armor he donned in his battle against the Dragon Reshiram. These orbs were, in fact, the spirits of Ddraig's former hosts throughout history. "It's happening." "No matter the time, destiny will play its course." These sorts of things were said by many of the floating spirits as Takumi continued speaking in a voice not completely his own.

"... Am the Heavenly Dragon who has stolen the principles of domination from God. I laugh at the 'infinite', and I grieve at the 'dream'. I shall become the Red Dragon of Domination... And I shall sink you to the depths of the crimson purgatory!" His voice, while ravenous in nature, was calm. Not once did the boy scream or shout, even as the armor he wore morphed into the shape of a Dragon of a much greater size than Takumi's normal state, complete with a pair of wings without webbing. Once the form was solid, it was enough to have destroyed the building around them, even launching away the bodies of Takumi's parents. "Juggernaut Drive..." spoke the voice of Takumi, accompanied by a mighty roar from the Dragon form. The raw power of this 'Juggernaut Drive' spread far and wide, polluting the entirety of Kuoh Town and then some, like a thick smog appearing from nothing. All the while, Takumi's mind could only process one thing...

'I'll kill her. I'll kill her... then everything else.'

Takumi's words made the eyes of the Fallen Angel Sachiel widen dramatically. He claimed the capabilities to kill all over is parents. She'd heard the attachment between humans and their young was a bit extreme, but never had she expected such a wide threat over something she considered to be so trivial. "Oh please, it isn't even worth that much fuss..." she created ten light spears behind herself ready to impale the boy should he make a move upon her. Though strong, and bearing the soul of a dragon, he was now a Devil which left him with one glaring weakness as far as Sachiel was concerned. The words of Ddraig made her scoff. "As if I would run from a little devil dragon boy~" and with that she launched these light spears towards the lad aiming to impale him at his legs and arms in multiple places but with just little enough light not to poison the lad to death. Unfortunately, whatever was to become of this, she wouldn't get to see, as the lad was soon clad in armor and speaking along with several other spirits. This was such a strange occurance, she could do nothing with it, but watch. "What the..."

Whatever words Sachiel had, were overshadowed by the powerful scream of this dragon boy in his Juggernaut Drive and she was forced to make use of her wings, flying up into the air to try and escape the energy that left this boy, with enough force to blast away the bodies of his parents. Her heart beat could be felt throughout her entire body, she'd broken out into a sweat. She didn't know this feeling before now but it was nothing but pure fear. She was afraid of the boy who'd spoken so calmly, whose parents she'd murdered in sport, now with the power of a dragon. "They'll have to forgive the wait, I really should kill you now, and wait for someone more agreeable," she created dozens of light spears over head, more than would ever be necessary, and pointed them downward. She aimed to have them rain down upon this lad, impaling him all the times she could muster. The Fallen Angel Sachiel had never known fear before, and she didn't intend this to be the first and last time she felt it.

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast