Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuoh Town

There were no more words to be spoken by Takumi. There was almost nothing left of the mental acuity he normally possessed. There was one word spoken in the voice of Ddraig, though. It just so happened to be the word Ddraig had spoken more frequently than any other word he knew, since being sealed into the Boosted Gear... and it was spoken repeatedly. "Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost!" The veritable hailstorm of light arrows upon Takumi didn't seem to make much headway. In fact, it didn't make any at all. Takumi's power continued to swell and pollute the atmosphere, causing the light to dissipate as it encroached upon his body, where his power was most concentrated. The bulk of Sachiel's attack met this fate, while the remainder was destroyed by the physical effort of his right arm sweeping through the air - a maneuver which was strong enough to cause a vacuum-like effect to force a small maelstrom up toward Sachiel. Takumi moved immediately afterwards, rearing back that very same arm and aiming to slam it into Sachiel, and grab her by the torso with a clawed hand. Crushing force would be applied if he managed this, and yet not enough to do anything beyond break a few bones.

The repeated utterances of Boost, didn't bode well for the attack Sachiel had planned. In fact, she knew right at this moment even before the light spears dissipated that she should have taken Ddraig's advice and run. She probably wouldn't have gotten away, but it would have put a more than reasonable bit of space between her and the boy she'd wronged. As the bulk of her attack disappeared before her red eyes, she was assaulted by a maelstrom and vacuum created by the movements of Takumi's arms. Before she could even process what was happening, the boy was upon her with an arm slamming into her person, before giant clawed hand crushed her. She felt the breaking of multiples of her ribs in multiple places. She could breathe but an exhale aspirated blood from her person. "Ugh!" was the only sound to accompany this as even the words previously spoken by the Fallen Angel would not be heard again. 'This can't be happening, it can't be!' she thought as her brain was overcome with pain. She tried to create a light spear in her hand, to pry the young man's grasp from around her midsection. She needed to run, far away and flee this terrible little dragon boy.

All while this happened much higher and farther away, a girl with hair white as snow watched. She had eyes the color of blood and an impassive look upon her face. The first roaring power had called to her, and upon her back, was a glorious pair of light wings as she hovered in the air. "That's him, the Red One... I don't know what happened, but it won't go well." mentioned a manly voice which caused those light wings to vibrate with power. "It seems that Fallen Angel wronged that boy in some way. Whatever she did, given the amount of power there, and the sort of mindset needed to achieve that form, she deserves that death," mentioned the girl. Only time would tell, if she thought the same of the boy who hosted the Red Dragon, but for now, she'd wait. As the disturbances of the boy's energy would eventually lead to the notice of any who were spiritually or energetically aware.

Takumi had the Fallen Angel in hand. Though she may have struggled, her efforts to free herself were in vain. The light spear she tried to use as leverage did not seem to bother Takumi's hand at all; he even continued tightening his grip in spite of it. "Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost!" Ddraig continued to shout. He would release Sachiel of his own accord as his power continued rising, but the only purpose he had in doing so was to immediately open his mouth and unleash from it an energy beam similar to a gigantic form of Takumi's Dragon Shot technique. This blast was wide enough to encompass the Fallen Angel ten times over if she were to be struck by it, but its power was still not quite fatal. It was as if Takumi, knowing Sachiel had toyed with his parents in such a way, subconsciously aimed to offer her a similar treatment before ending her existence.

Sachiel tried to free herself but nothing came of it. Instead, it seemed that Takumi aimed to toy with her, on a level just as bad as he perceived the death of his parents. Strangely, when she was finally freed, she wasn't even given time to gain her bearings. Before she could turn to try and run, or even gather her breath, sh was engulfed in an energy blast the likes of which she'd never felt before. A scream left this woman as she was painfully burned. Though apparently her life was still not ended. She coughed as she struggled, her body burned almost beyond recognition. Her once rich black feathered wings, losing a multitude to feathers as she tried to pull herself away. There was no healing of these wounds, no recovery. Her body was beginning to adversely react but there was nothing she could do about it. The cries of boost filled her mind like a hellish chorus and there was nothing she could do about it. She wanted to die at this point, to spare herself further agony, and somehow she managed to feel like she didn't know how she'd gotten to this point. How was she to know this would be the first time of any, she got such a reaction for what she did to someone's parents.

Forward steps were taken by Takumi as Sachiel lay burned and broken, but not yet destroyed as the enraged boy desired. In moments, he was upon her again. He dropped onto all fours at a point that allowed his Dragon form's torso to loom over Sachiel's body. "Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost!" Ddraig continued to chant. After so much of a power increase to Takumi's energy, the Dragon form's chest began to compartmentalize and open, revealing a larger version of the green gem his normal armor possessed. A similarly green energy collected itself in this gem throughout the continuous boosts as he roar again.

He would attack once more...

"Longinus Smasher!" Even greater than the previous blast from Takumi's mouth was the legendary penultimate technique of Ddraig himself. From even this short range, Takumi would unleash from his chest an explosive blast of Dragon energy that would make even Gods and Satans quake. This sort of assault would create a large, seemingly endless hole in the ground itself due to its angle, leaving Takumi floating above it in his own blast's wake.

In the meantime, the entire peerage of Lucaro Lerage had been brought to this location... Or at least, as close to it as they could get. The blue-haired Devil who led this peerage stood at the forefront, roughly two blocks away from the carnage. At his left stood the former Onmyouji, Leishi. Even from this distance, even from the roof upon which this group stood, Lucaro himself was sweating. "Yare yare. It would help if she hurried a bit."

More cries of boost would be heard until of course, the ultimate attack was released. Sachiel looked afraid, for every moment leading up to this one. Her heart pounded, her body was battered and broken. She was a mere shell of her former self, and if she took any lesson from this, she wouldn't have time to put it into action. No, the cry of Longinus Smasher, would vaporize her very existence and she'd disappear from this world, leaving behind a giant crater and nothing but this broken dragon boy to show for her efforts.

Meanwhile some two blocks away, Lucaro was discussing things with his peerage. A pink haired girl with golden eyes and glasses stood at the edge of this roof looking amazed at the sight in the distance. "Sugoi! So much power..." she murmured as if she'd just seen something amazing. But there was more to come. A few people would soon be descending, a young woman with obnoxiously large bust and flowing crimson hair would also make her way to this place. At her side, the white haired emotionless Knight among others likely brought here with the intention of quelling this problem. "Sumimasen, I didn't mean to be late. I have some of the others taking care of the nearby carnage," mentioned Eira who looked out at the red dragon floating in the air above a giant crater. "All that energy, I didn't expect..." Eira stopped speaking as she looked out. 'That can't be my dragon can it?' she thought to herself, knowing that Yasukawa Takumi had left their meeting place a while ago. Silently wishing that this was just some freakish coincidence and there was some other valid explanation for what she was witnessing first hand.

A few flaps of his wings carried Takumi, in his Dragon form, into the air above the crater of his own creation. What should have been his goal had been met; all reason would have him return to his normal form to properly mourn the loss of his family. Sadly, this was not to be. In Takumi's mind, there was only one thing: The sight of those horrendous black feathers floating in the air over his parents' corpses. This put him through a very specific train of thought. 'Feathers. Everyone with those feathers will die,' he thought from within his shell. Meanwhile, the body outside was roaring still, and continuing to increase its power. "Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost!"

The Devil known as Lucaro stood with arms akimbo as Eira and her peerage arrived to the scene of this mess. "No time for excuses. It's good that you're here. Leishi, make a two-way barrier," he said to the lad on his left. "Hai hai! Nothing in or out until the big scary Dragon goes down!" replied Leishi, who immediately leaped into the air and began to float with a pentagram appearing above him as he rose. "I am God, flawlessly born, leader of men, savior of worlds! I am the law, flawlessly kept, powerful script, harshly enforced! I am a soul, flawlessly saved, nowhere to go, out of my place!" As Leishi spoke this incantation, he passed through the pentagram. The passage altered his clothing to that of the Onmyouji of old. His robes in this form were white with gold trim, to match the headband he wore even in his normal state. "Kekkai!" he commanded, forcing his hands to meet at the base of their palms before turning both clockwise as if their meeting point were an axis. This action created another pentagram surrounded by a ring. Leishi turned this to a horizontal position and separated his hands quickly, causing the ring to spread across the entire area affected by Takumi's spreading power, forming a dome of energy in its circumference. Even as the Dragon boy's strength grew, Leishi would see to it that its effects would not spread any further. "I'll help," said Izuna, who left his place beside Eira to join Leishi in the sky. From there, he did his part to help maintain the barrier's integrity.

As the barrier was erected, Lucaro's eyes remained locked on the current challenge. "Now might not be the time to be impressed, Nym. This is something we're going to have to do something about. Or, I should say..." Lucaro ceased speaking then and there. Eira had spoken of how unexpected something in this situation was, and as his eyes traveled toward the crimson-haired Gremory heiress, he figured her train of thought was along the lines of what he'd been discussing with his members before her arrival. "There was a Fallen Angel trying to fight that Dragon. It was the same one you met a few weeks ago... The one with her sights set on the Red Dragon Emperor you've come to possess."

Takumi in his shell, was content to cause more destruction. 'Nym' as she was called managed to look further wide-eyed, even as she was chastised for her blatant interest. "Sure, say that but... it's still impressive," said the girl. She knew that they were here to do something about the giant dragon in the area. Even with their maximum varied skills she didn't know what they expected any one of them to do about it. Eira landed though and soon enough, she was left to have a discussion with Lucaro, who dispatched his own bishop to hold the damage to this small area. Moreover, Izuna would go along to help maintain said barriers structural integrity. All of this happened, while Eira herself was left to look on at this dragon and know if not by the constant yelling of boost, than by the confirmation of Lucaro that it was in fact, Eira's dragon. "Shit, I was really hoping this was a fluke..." she muttered this sentence. Looking out at Takumi, she felt strangely, more strange than she had the first time she'd met him.

"I knew, I should have killed her, but I had to give it a chance," Eira mentioned thoughtfully. She'd gone without killing the Fallen Angel Sachiel during her previous Rating Game for several reasons. Not the least of which was she didn't want to bring the Fallen Angels' attention straight to her peerage for a loss of one of their own. But, given the situation she was current looking at, she couldn't believe they hadn't done something more heinous to Takumi in the time in which he'd been gone. Eira stepped forward, this was her responsibility, and she had to try and fix it. There were only a couple of options, one of them, might not even work, but she could always just try absorbing some of the power until the boy returned to his normal form. Unfortunately it would be Youmu who reached out for the girl's arm and stopped her from moving. "You can't get that close. Right now, he wouldn't recognize you as a friend and would kill you just as quickly as anyone else... and he'd likely regret that just as much as whatever else has happened," Youmu mentioned with a fierceness in those normally calm blue eyes of hers. "Then what do I do, I should have already drained enough power off him that this wasn't possible. He'll burn himself up using that much power, I can't let him die a second time. I could take some of it off of him, so he doesn't burn himself out..." Eira sounded slightly outraged that she'd been stopped but knew that Youmu didn't act without reason. "I can't leave him like that, Youmu!" she finished, this made the Knight look at her with a quizzical expression. Eira usually maintained enough calm to think about things properly, the fact that she had a potential answer and wanted to act on it immediately was unusual.

Strangely enough this entire conversation had a watcher. A girl stood above this group with giant light wings. Since she was also trapped in the barrier she figured she might as well be part of the conversation. "You don't plan to kill him then? That's interesting, I figured he was disposable..." said this girl with snow white hair and startling red eyes. She descended and those wings folded in on themselves, disappearing from sight. Her sudden speech caused a couple of people to jump, it'd be Youmu to stand before Eira drawing her blade in a single motion as if she intended to act as guard. "Of course he isn't disposable! No one is!" these were Eira's words which made the white haired girl's eyes widen in surprise, there was a sincere bit of kindness and generosity coming from this Devil woman. Still there was nothing but calmness in this newcomers voice, though she acknowledged the protection offered by Eira's Knight to the young woman. "Oh? Standing in front of her, I thought Devils were more selfish than that? Your friend is right though, he'd definitely kill you the way he is... the only way to bring down an outraged dragon is to calm it..." she mentioned seemingly a wealth of information about dragons. "It is stated that songs can calm dragons," this was added information from Youmu who had a vast knowledge of various creatures. Though she still stood at the ready, as if she wanted to use this sword right now. "Hai, that's right but... he can't hear the way he is. He'd have to be brought down quite a bit to make him hear anything..." mentioned this girl again. "So, will you do it? There is no telling if a song will work even if you manage to get him closer to normal dragon powerful..." she asked of Eira trying to find the conviction of this Devil girl before she mentioned if she intended to help or not. "Also, you don't have to keep a drawn weapon on me. I don't intend to attack your master or anyone else..." she said to Youmu as she awaited her answer. The Knights eyes narrowed briefly before she looked back to Eira, the crimson haired lass seemed to still be distraught but nodded, as she didn't intend to create more problems in this day than already existed. With this Youmu stepped to the side and sheathed her weapon allowing Eira to stand before their newcomer unhindered.

"Impressive though it may be, could you just... maybe wait until we're in the clear to be happy about it?" Lucaro asked of the pink-haired lass. He apparently had no issue with her mannerisms, strange though they may have been, but he put his concern for the well-being of all present first. Surely he couldn't allow anyone to become distracted by their own interests. While Eira wrapped her head around the truth of this situation, Lucaro watched the work of Leishi and Izuna take effect. Eira's Bishop, Hiroki, took the time of discussion to step forward while pondering his own ability to be of use. "I think Maiko and I could probably manage something, but... I honestly have no idea what the opposite of Dragon energy would be, and I don't think it's worth the risk," he said to his own superior. A silver-haired boy in Lucaro's group would be the first to address Hiroki's concern. "She could tell you the answer to that. It's Fairy energy. Long story short, if something that strong had that kind of energy coming from it, we'd all be dead in seconds," he claimed.

Following the final stages of Leishi and Izuna erecting their barrier, the remaining Devils were met by another strange figure with wings the likes of which hadn't been previously seen by at least the majority of spectators to the arrival. On the immediate defensive was not only Youmu, but Hiroki as well. Just the same, Lucaro and the silver-haired lad, as well as a sword-wielding boy with black hair in the group, were on edge. It wasn't until Eira convinced Youmu to stand back that the others followed suit. One particular individual, though, recognized the female's face, just as he did every student who attended Kuoh Academy. "Angelus? To think it would be you. I always thought you had an odd record, in addition to an ironic name for someone at Kuoh."

"Ugh... fine." These were the only words spoken by the pink haired girl in Lucaro's Peerage. She supposed she would be alright with setting her own interests to the side. The idea that Hiroki and Maiko could have done something about this was one which Maiko also thought of, but she happened to know that such a thing would mean more immediate danger for everyone else. As she stood at Hiroki's side she nodded her agreement with Lucaro's assessment. "Leraje is right. Fairies deal in light-based and nature magics. Converting all that between us is doable but we'll fuck everything and everyone else up in the process," Maiko agreed. Meanwhile the approach of this white haired woman seemed to set everyone on edge, including Maiko herself who'd fallen back into boxing stance, until of course, Eira cleared this entire thing, and the young woman aptly named by Lucaro as Angelus another member of their school. "Oh? To think it would be like this, the devils at this school are so strange," said Angelus. "And actually, could you call me Cassie... I also think Cassiel Angelus is a bit too much for a name. Though my mother gave it to me so I'll bear it," she said in all seriousness. Beyond this point the wings she bore when she landed were recognized by Eira who apparently read up on a lot of things, especially the subject matter after acquiring Takumi and Nymphia whose eyes widened immensely. "Sugoi! She's bearer of the White Dragon Emperor's Light Wings!!" a new excitement had just come up and it made Eira look to Nymphia as the golden eyes she possessed became filled with the same type of curiosity that had been initially aimed at Takumi.

"Oh, I didn't know any would recognize them... well, I assumed she would as the person in charge of that one..." she said as she shifted her gaze towards the Dragon boy. She brought a hand under her chin a single white wing extended from her right hand side and wrapped around herself. "In case you are wondering, I am a Miracle Child... who bears the Vanishing Dragon," she said her gaze wandering over the entirety of this group and pausing briefly over Maiko. Her brows drew together, but she went on to look back to Eira.

"I recognized you for the other Heavenly Dragon. It's nice to meet you, but I am going to be honest right now and let you know, I have no intention of letting Takumi die here today, by your hand or anyone else's... just so we're clear. I plan to do whatever I can to bring him back to himself!" she said with fierceness in her eyes that beget kindness. "If singing will work fine but everyone else should take precautions..." she mentioned, knowing that she didn't sing in front of people because of the risk of hypnotism. "Sou ka, that's all I needed to hear." Cassie said. Walking casually towards the end of the building her single wing retreated and the light wings reemerged. "I don't plan to kill him by the way. It is unfair that one like him should be pushed to such despair by something as unsightly as the Fallen Angel Sachiel. But a fight between the Heavenly Dragons is what is needed here. I'll bring him closer to the level which he can be tamed at," she said as the light wings themselves transformed into a full suit of armor around the girl. "VANISHING DRAGON BALANCE BREAKER!" announced the voice within the wings. "Why... would you do that?" Eira asked this girl. It seemed unnecessary of her to help if she knew that Eira wouldn't allow the fight to the death between the two dragons that they usually sought over countless years. "Oh?" Cassiel turned back to look at Eira. "His death now would be unjust... and if Devils can show kindness enough to spare him. I can only aim to match that kindness," she said, such a speech made Eira's eyes widen as she was always surprised by the way people behaved around her. And with this she flew from the roof approaching the lad at light speed carried by these wings and a new set of shouts could be heard. "Oi! Red One how dare you come before me, with your partner in such a state!" Albion said directly to Ddraig. "My new partner is all about justice, we can't fight if you let something like this happen," he said of his current holder right before he began several chants. "Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide! Divide!"

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast