Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [Common Region] Kikka

"Good. It wasn't an option anyway. We can kiss on it later; there's work to do now," Hawks said prior to releasing Kajun of his grasp, and moving toward the shack. He slowed his pace when passing the dealer, commenting on what they should do with him in passing. "Keep him tied up. I'm guessing he's in charge here, since he was willing to kill a client on the spot like that. There should be a lot more, though," he commented. Only a moment or so later, he was blasting his way through the door to witness the shack's interior, which was filled with other criminals in this organization - those between appraising newly-acquired goods and sorting through them for releasing to the black market. "Ooh, nice after-party!" Upon setting foot in the building and drawing the attention of the criminals, Hawks used his keen eye to pinpoint every person in the room. What happened next was the spreading of his wings, and the release of steeled feathers to maim and/or pin down many of these targets as they scurried about the room.

Kajun was surprised by the sentence that left Hawks' mouth. Her eyes widened and a blush crept up to her face with an immediacy that should have left her woosy. "Vaude-senpai!" she said with firmness as she covered her own face with her hands. She wondered how he got away with saying such things all the time, or if he even did any of the time. It was a rather confusing situation after all. Luckily there was more to be done here, and her apparent job was making sure their captured criminal didn't go anywhere. "Hai hai." she commented her understanding. As such she attempted to remove the blue haired man's grimoire from his person with an extended vine, which she aimed to wrap around it and stop it from opening, while Hawks took care of the people within the shady looking dwelling.

"That's my name!" Soon enough, Hawks' efforts halted the movements of everyone within the shack. As he was frequently sent on missions such as this, he came prepared. After producing a long strip of strange cloth, he saw to it that every member of this organization was restrained with it, before dragging the pile of them outside. He seemed easily capable of carrying a few dozen men with the strength of his wings, but using his wings to hold the bound criminals left him without the ability to fly. In the end, he figured this was worth it to prevent wasting multiple trips to and fro. "There were more guys in there than I thought. Looks like we're walking back. Wanna lead?"

"Tch..." the woman known as Kajun had only good things to say about this man, still it was quite odd the change in his behavior now, versus when she'd seen him in other interactions. She thought to question this, but decided he was likely just a man of action. Beyond this she soon found him outside again, with all of the men from inside bound by some strange manner she'd not previously seen. So in addition to being a man of action, he was prepared for all aspects of his work, this was something she could respect. As such when she was asked if she'd like to lead, she had a simple reply. "Hai, it seems like that would be best," her own captured criminals were dragged along in their cages by vines as they made their way through the streets and back towards the Magic Knights Headquarters. Overall this mission could be counted as complete, and the streets safer both from home robberies and from stolen merchandise. "Nice job, senpai," she complimented as they walked. She didn't really have much to say, but she thought the praise was necessary given how smoothly everything had gone. Her choice in route would lead them back to the same place they'd dropped off the stolen merchandise earlier, this time with dozens of prisoners in tow.

And just like that, they were off on the last segment of their job for the day. Hawks would be the first to admit that Kajun made this task far easier than it would have been if he'd taken it on alone, as he normally preferred to. Perhaps he'd have to change his outlook on how he approached missions. Either way, he was given the perfect opportunity to vocalize his train of thought after being complimented on his own work by the purple-haired woman, so he seized the moment then and there. "Yeah, you too! I don't really like working in teams, but... you're alright, ya' know? I'm gonna have to make an exception after this."

A few days after the events which led to a major set of arrests in in the town of Kikka, a green haired girl with no defining facial characteristics stood waiting near the main square. She was waiting for a white haired lad who was supposed to be meeting her here as her partner for the duration of her next mission. She had previously been a bit miffed that Leonis wasn't to accompany her on this mission, but lived with the idea that it might be fun regardless, since if she was completely sketched out or attacked, she was allowed to start and finish a fight. As this was the sort of thing the girl was looking for anyways, her normally passive face remained but in her eyes, her slit pupils tightened with anticipation. She wore nothing that would have defined her as a Magic Knight, content to wear her ripped jeans with their snake motif, an equally ripped t-shirt and even with a belt on the zipper on her pants was quite low. She tossed around her green locks while she waited passing the time looking like the average loitering teen and garnering similar kinds of stares because of it.

Hikage was to be in wait for some time, but eventually, her partner for this mission would arrive outside the black market. The silver-haired young man named Asher appeared wearing black pants with a hooded jacket that, aside from a deep crimson lining and a long scarf-like attachment of that same color, matched said pants. The shirt underneath his jacket was of a thin white variety, and the shoes he wore for this endeavor were a shade of red to match the accents of his jacket. He was shockingly more well-dressed overall than he had been during the entrance exam to become a Magic Knight, but he felt this didn't matter so long as he didn't look like the royal he recently discovered himself to be. It didn't take long at all for him to recognize the green-haired girl he was meant to meet, and when he did, he stepped out ahead of her to meet that slit gaze of hers with his own deep purple eyes. "Ohayou gozaimasu!" he said with a smile. "Hikage, right? I'm Asher; yoroshiku!"

"Yo." Hikage said, her voice was apathetic at best, but she still looked simply as if she was meeting friend. Still, the girl's strange habits would come to light almost immediately as this lad approached meeting her gaze gave her a bit of pause. Most people wouldn't have done this, many said staring at her was like looking an animal in the face, because there didn't seem to be anything going on in her head while she looked at things. In the same way that animals considered prey, she considered people, but this lad gave her hope that he'd be alright. Even so the girl still sniffed the air while staring a hole straight through him. It was as if she intended to look until she felt something. Strangely, from this lad, she felt as if she'd stepped out into the world at high noon after being deep underground. It was as if he shined with feeling, but it wasn't at all negative. His feeling wasn't the warmth and vibration of one like Leonis, or the simple lacking of Heero Yuy, nor was it the bristling animal sensation she got from Artem, this lad seemed to be extraordinary and by her own approximation this feeling was enough. A few seconds after she simply nodded. "You're bright, but not as warm as Leo. You... don't give me tingles but you don't feel like anything bad I guess..." she mumbled this sentence loud enough for him to hear in the manner that was her general assessment of people. If it hadn't been for the fact that she was actually a person, one might have expected an even more ridiculously animal-like greeting. "I understand now..." she mumbled, remembering that this particular lad had been chosen by every single Captain and had chosen to go to the Silver Eagles with the woman who looked a bit like him if she was remembering the situation correctly. Whatever the case, she was excited by the prospect of this mission, so she pointed towards what looked like a sheer wall face and spoke a few more words. "It's there, we can go now... if you want," she said. In her time spent with Leonis she'd been trying to work on first meetings and not attacking people, but she still wasn't entirely sure what she should be saying in conversation with people not Leonis.

Following his introduction, Asher continued smiling in the face of his to-be companion. The result of their meeting was something very unorthodox. Before introducing herself, Hikage sniffed the air between them and drew some strange conclusion about the energy he presented. Asher seemed confused by this, but it didn't seem like she had anything negative to say, so he couldn't question any more than the basics of what had just happened. "I'm... bright, not warm, and not tingly? Haha! That's strange, and I don't know what it means, but I kinda like it! Let's do our best, ne?" With that said, Asher backed away from the girl. The entrance to the black market was pointed out, though it was nothing more than a wall. At this point, it was a given that there was some magic afoot to hide the true alley behind said wall, so he took measured steps forward until he was phasing through it and entering the black market itself. Upon entry, he was surprised to see exactly how full of people this place was, considering how many were apparently against its existence overall. "Ano... there are a lot of people here. Any ideas for an approach?"

"Hm, I guess that was weird too..." the girl mumbled once more, still this lad didn't react negatively to what she'd said, so she knew that they'd be alright. He even went so far as to suggest they both try their best, she could do nothing but nod to this sentiment. "Hai." she managed, before she followed Asher towards the wall she'd pointed to. He did the same thing she would have done and took measured steps until he stepped through and when he did, she was right beside him to his right. There were a lot of people in this place, more than she tended to like even moving about, making purchases, even random vendors shouting at passersby to try and get their attention. A shrug would come from Hikage when she was asked how they should approach this, "I was just going to walk around until someone gave me bad vibes. I met another merchant and he was sketchy so I have a pretty good idea of what kind of feeling is off enough..." she said, the girl had very simple motivations, but she wasn't completely opposed to working with someone if she needed to. "But, if you have a better idea, we could do that too..."

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast