Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [Common Region] Kikka

"Yes, calling me a crook will definitely get me to budge on the price, you ignoramus." Regardless of the stout one's view of the situation, he produced a pouch of coin whose weight and texture seemed right enough to the dealer. Still, he never liked this consumer's attitude, and now was an even more exceptional case than the norm. His right hand cracked the door behind him and reached inside, but he was not reaching for anything positive. Out came a full trident to be pointed at the nervous customer of this criminal organization, stopping only centimeters away from the nape of his neck at the end of its thrust. The movement to reveal this trident happened so swiftly, so succinctly, that the gleam from its metal tips in the moonlight left a trail behind the weapon. And then, there it was, just waiting for a moment to draw the life blood of this man if necessary. "You're being awfully demanding for a grunt, you know? I'm thinking maybe it's time to up your taxes for this next supply. Out with it. I want everything you've got now."

Hawks was in wait next to Kajun, keeping his eyes trained on the trade below. "Yeah, but I wish I could get a criminal to tell the whole truth at least once when I've got them terrified. It's on my bucket list, and that thing isn't getting any shorter," he said, offering this bit of passing conversation while the deal progressed. He intended to wait until the deal below was finalized to begin their raid, but they were Magic Knights, and as such were meant to protect even lowlifes from harm where possible... and there was now a man at the bottom of a criminal pyramid, whose life looked to be in danger. "Let's go!" Once more, Hawks aimed to grab Kajun and fly toward ground level. From a meter or two above the ground, he would release her to allow her to approach the situation her own way, while Hawks himself flew directly over the heads of the two criminals, intending to grab their attention before the situation between them escalated.

"I don't even know what that fucking means..." the sleazy man said. He called people what they were and this man should have accepted this by now considering how often they did business. Still a few insults passing between them wasn't something he was at all concerned about. As all criminals spoke the language of coin and this man had just received his. He should have been fine with what he had but... it seemed that this would not be the case immediately. In fact this sleazy man was now staring down the business end of a trident, so quickly that he'd seen the shimmer of it and almost nothing else. "Hey I paid you..." he said seeming to find it strange that this was how this was turning out. Of course, the true nature of this pineapple topped man was now showing itself, as he extorted even more money out of this particular low tier salesman. "You've gotta be kidding me..." he began rummaging through his pockets still looking around. Obviously, he didn't have much of a choice but to pay this man, but this little exchange wouldn't be seeing its proper end. As there was now a flying man over top of their heads whose shadow was large enough to distract the man before anything else. "Shit."

The conversation leading up to saving this individual would have a small chuckle escaping Kajun. "Well, bucket lists exist for a reason. I am sure you'll find a softy criminal who is scared enough to tell you the whole truth one day," she'd managed before they were soon off. She was dropped a couple meters above the ground and chose to act as back up. She'd disappear into the background and approach from the shadows without a hint that she was there to begin with.

"And I... am not the least bit surprised," he said in regards to this man not understanding his word choice. Whatever the case, he would see all of this man's money added to his own funds... if not for the sudden interference of a flying individual who seemed to have followed his little accomplice. "This is why you pay extra, you bloody amateur," he commented while retracting his trident, aiming to thrust it forward again and pierce the merchant's throat. Sadly, this maneuver would not see fruition. Hawks took his flight on a return route while pulling two long, sword-length feathers from his wings. The feather he held in his left hand intercepted the dealer's trident, acting as a proper sword would during the clash. "Yo! I'm here for the party. You guys look like you're having fun already," Hawks spoke. With that, he slashed at the blue-haired man with his right-held feather blade, prompting the man to leap away to save himself by producing space. All the while, there was a wicked grin upon his face. "Nufufu~. Is this really something the Magic Knights are worried about right now? You have many other problems to address."

It was more than apparent that this pineapple topped man had a lesser opinion of his business associate. Even so, the sleazy man was nothing if not stubborn about this whole situation, but before he could be completely robbed, they were joined by the winged Magic Knight. "I didn't do it, I didn't lead him here..." he tried to plead. This was quite true of course, but it seemed his end was coming regardless, as the trident was about to close in on this throat his eyes closed and he sighed into his supposed death. But a clash was heard instead, and the man had pudgy fingers feeling up his neck and having no injuries before he opened his eyes and realized this Magic Knight had actually saved him. "Thank goodness... I'm out of here!!" obviously this man had no reason to continue this transaction and it was time to cut his losses with what he had left of his cash before it became ugly.

For all he cared this racket wasn't worth the risk any more regardless. The turned and ran away, only to find himself tripping. His feet got caught on vines which grew around him and then bloomed with several roses which filled his lungs with a pollen which immediately made him drowsy. He wanted to push through but the vines were covered in stickers which he couldn't get past without injuring himself. As he blinked a haze out of his vision he saw the purple haired woman come back into view for the first time since he'd separated from them. "Sleep." she mentioned as she moved forward once more. Kajun had an open grimoire glowing green as she prepared to try and support Hawks in any way he needed. In this case, she aimed to create several prickle covered vines to encroach upon the trident wielding criminal's feet after his initial dodge, her aim to capture him within vines as well or at the very least hinder his initial movements.

"Bye!" Hawks said to the merchant he'd interrogated earlier, doing so in a very jovial nature for one now in the middle of combat. His clash with the dealer was short-lived, but as the man put space between Hawks and himself, he stepped right into a vine trap. A brush against his boot alerted him to something not previously on the ground nearby, and upon looking down, he realized further movement had quickly become something quite difficult. "Hoh? What might this be?" he asked in rhetoric.

Hawks stopped moving about, but did not land just yet to avoid limiting Kajun's options on the ground. As he saw it, their combination could easily remain perfect if he remained airborne, so long as Kajun had approaches like this in her repertoire. "Gomen, gomen! I forgot to mention, I brought a plus one! I hope that doesn't make the party run short on snacks or anything." The Magic Knights' target in this endeavor smiled wider, producing a strange grimoire with a spade on its front cover. This grimoire, when opened, allowed the man to cast a spell which sprouted eyeball-covered tentacles from the ground, forcing the vines away from his feet while also forcing Hawks to a greater distance. Hawks fought against this by slashing away at the tentacles as they grew and encroached upon him, but they seemed to be growing continuously toward bot Hawks and Kajun, as if intending to ensnare both parties.

Kajun had timed her attack perfectly and it almost seemed like it would work, until of course it was properly noticed by the man it was aimed against. He seemed at least a little curious about it, but Kajun had no intention of explaining her abilities to an enemy. Thinking of him as such, when his grimoire opened she immediately went on the defensive. "I suppose it would be asking too much for a simple victory," she commented absently like she wasn't about the idea of prolonged combat. Even so, the coming tentacles with the large eye weren't at all something she wanted to deal with directly. Her glowing grimoire produced a new spell stemming from the already created vines. "Ibara Sōsei Mahō : Kugari no Odoro-ju..." this would use the still visible vines to grow up in an attempt to capture the bulbous like structure in an attempt to rip it to shreds between the thorn covered vines as they grew up into a single tree like structure. These vines though seemed to be alive, and would continue trying to pursue the tentacles even if they escape, and beyond that seemed to also be continuing to move discretely along the ground. Whether it worked completely or not, she mostly aimed for it to give them a bit more thinking time to figure out how best to take down their new opponent, the man of much higher quality than their earlier intimidated merchant. 'Sou ka, from the Spade Kingdom... I wonder what he's doing here?' she thought having noticed the design of his grimoire.

As Hawks continued his efforts to cut down the tentacles, Kajun cast her own spell to swarm them via similar methods, even using the same vines she already had in use. While the man's tentacles were occupied, Hawks found the opening he needed to close the distance again. Over time, he was more clearly seeing the benefits of Kajun and himself combining their efforts, and now was such a moment where that combination could truly shine. Instead of closing the distance between himself and the dealer, and keeping it that way, he did so and left a flurry of feathers behind as he took a place in front of Kajun. "Gomen! Blindness for a second," he said as his wings spread out to shroud Kajun's view of their enemy. The black feathers falling around their enemy created a shroud of absolute darkness. "Genyakō!" he called out. The dealer's vision became nonexistent during this spell, and once that was done, Hawks moved out of Kajun's field of vision. "All you, Kajun!" Hawks said while the dealer was busy dealing with his temporary blindness.

Kajun found that the fighting combination between herself and Hawks was about what she expected. Their captain seemed to have a pretty good handle on the potential outcomes of two of the individuals she placed together. In fact, she'd say she could always count on this kind of outcome given their Captain's taste in match-ups. Soon Hawks was claiming some sort of apology before covering her field of vision with his wings. "That's fine, I don't really need to see or anything," she said seemingly sarcastically but the truth of the matter was, the vines she created seemed to move of their own accord. Soon enough they were moving alone, and Hawks was making a large field of darkness around their newest target, in doing this he cleared Kajun to finish up their combination. The vines she'd previously created converged upon the man within the darkness, and if they succeeded they would entrap him in the same way they'd trapped his associate. He'd be tangled up in vines and left suspended a meter or so off the ground supported on all sides by spine covered vines. "Did we get him?" she asked.

"Anything besides me when I steal the show, yeah. I know how it is," said Hawks amidst the blinding darkness of his own feathers. Once he was out of Kajun's way, the purple-haired woman took the initiative in binding the dealer in her vines. Hawks seemed elated by this development. Even as he continued to avoid contact with the ground, he flew around to Kajun's rear and threw himself around her shoulders in his moment of excitement. "Yosh! That's what I call team play! You're my partner from now on; case closed!"

Kajun found herself looking at Hawks with a raised brow. "Oh?" she said seeming to find the humor in this situation. She supposed there were worse things to see in moments like these than Hawks, but it was a strange thing to consider in the moment. Beyond this it seemed her capture of their fugitive had gone on without a hitch and as such she was satisfied by her work. "Hm, something like that is wha..." she was soon accosted by Hawks who practically and literally threw himself around her shoulders in appreciation of her work as well and her eyes widened at his statements. "Hai hai, I guess I'd be fine with that. Arigatou gozaimasu~" she said having a chuckle about this particular statement. Success was awesome in this moment so she looked at Hawks over her shoulder and she couldn't help but smile at him. "So, what do we do about him?" she asked since Hawks was in general in charge of the questioning.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast