Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: [Common Region] Kikka

Several days after the Magic Knights Entrance Exam, the ashen-haired Senior Magic Knight of the Silver Eagles passed through a wall at the end of an alleyway in Kikka. The result of this was an arrival to a place known of by most, but acknowledged by few: the black market. The street that housed the black market was as busy as always, but many thought it strange to see someone wearing the garments of an Elite Magic Knight in this, of all places. All eyes were on this man, namely Hawks Vaude, the moment he set foot in the black market alley. This prompted him to speak with intentions of his words reaching the woman he figured would be close behind. "Hm. Probably should've changed first, huh..."

There was indeed a purple haired young woman in close proximity to this man. And she had basically been dragged along to this place as well. That being said she huffed gently thinking of the best way to respond to Hawks. "I figured you understood what would it would mean to just come straight here, Vaude-senpai. Obviously, we could have gone about this in a more covertly, but..." she looked around and all eyes were indeed on him and a few glances came her way as well because she too was dressed as an elite but in a slightly less obvious way. "If they know we're here they might to something obvious and make a mistake. Or... they could go into hiding and we'll be able to find them by finding out who is missing," she suggested two methods in which they could progress their goals without having to change anything about them right at the moment. Kajun Faycott was considered to be more than a bit clever and as such had earned her title as an Elite, but she wasn't without power as well, which would likely become obvious overtime. "At the very least, someone should be fairly forth coming with information should we ask the right questions, Vaude-senpai," she said after having a glance around and making eye contact with a single merchant who was trying exceedingly hard not to draw attention to himself. His wares apparently consisted of several dozen jewels which seemed to be of varying degrees of expensiveness. He drew Kajun's attention simply by trying not to look at them when everyone else was gawking, and she took the initiative to nudge Hawks in the man's direction as they walked.

"Uhh... No. Didn't think about it at all. Once we got the tip on where to look for these guys, I only thought about coming straight here," Hawks said to his partner for this job. Any cover they could have used had been blown by the time Hawks set foot in this area, so that didn't really matter anymore, but Kajun did have a point. The pair of them could easily fish out the oddball in the room, as it were, and find something from that. The only fault in this plan he could think of was...

"Almost everybody is up to something in the black market." Though he may have been over-exaggerating a little, Hawks' statement was true for most inhabitants of this street. However, he couldn't use this clause to dispute Kajun's assertion, as there was no telling what the chances were of their specific target being the oddball they found. At least one person with strange behavior was quickly noticed by Kajun, and brought to Hawks' attention as a result. Hawks honed in on this before making his move, approaching the sketchy merchant... though in the end, he stopped instead in front of a consumer at that very merchant's stall. Once in contact with this other person, he offered his query. "Oi... the biggest crime syndicate around here. What do you know about 'em?" he asked, both loudly and clearly enough for numerous others nearby to hear him.

It took all of Kajun's restraint not to palm her face. Their Captain often sent her out on missions with random individuals, but this man in particular was never really one to think about much of anything before doing it. In fact, her exit from the Silver Eagles base of operations spoke massively to this point. "It is possible to act, without every aspect of the situation being a matter of urgency, Vaude-senpai..." she said not knowing if this man simply didn't know how to slow down, or if it was simply his way of dealing with everything in life. Regardless of their differences in opinion and action, there was the very real matter at hand which was the fact that they were in the Black Market and currently looking for a very specific group of people.

Soon enough she'd spotted someone who might be good to use for information, and the jeweler seemed to be suddenly distraught but remained silent. He was a stout man, with black hair and a large crooked nose. Otherwise he'd seem mostly unremarkable, but he was now sweating profusely as he watched is young customer get accosted by an Elite Magic Knight. "I don't know nothing, about anything..." the customer said. "I'm trying to conduct business here..." he said with a weary eye going towards his customer of choice. This was a young man didn't really know how to react, this would only be added to by Kajun though in a much more subtle way. "All of these were stolen from nobles' houses. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be caught with them in your possession, and blamed for their theft personally, sir." Kajun's words made the man's eyes go wide and he immediately scurried off. Whatever this jeweler was involved in he wanted nothing to do with it. "My customer!" the man seemed aghast, but Kajun had a bit more to say. "You'll end up jailed or worse if you don't simply answer his questions," she finished which made the man sigh. "Fine, just... lower your voices... I guess. Would it be too much to ask to make it look like I'm not cooperating at least?" he asked of Vaude, wondering if the young man would understand why he couldn't just speak calmly with two obvious elites of the Magic Knights.

"I know you don't." This was Hawks' statement to the escaping customer, prior to his attention returning to the merchant himself. He understood how impossible the chances were of someone in a theft ring coming to the black market to obtain their items. Surely the thieves themselves would aim to sell off their goods before being caught with them, and what better place was there to do it? Well enough, Kajun pinned the jewelry of this merchant as items belonging to nobles in the Clover Kingdom. "That's a lot of jail time, mate. Probably not as bad as it'd be if we handled you our own way, though..." As the vendor pleaded for cooperation to make this exchange look less obvious to the public of the black market, Hawks stepped forward and leaned against the table between him and the stout male. His right hand was slammed against the table, while his left hand remained on his hip. A rather wicked grin was upon his face as he replied to this male, taking on a persona befitting the venue, if only to play this interrogation more aggressively. "And give you enough time for the sweat to wear off while you think up a whole web of lies? Nah! We're in the black market, though... where nobody could say anything if we beat the ever-loving shit out of you for withholding information. So, how do we parlay? I say right here, right now, you tell me and this nice lady everything you know... and we don't flatten that giant sniffer of yours. Sound fair?"

The customer had all but scurried off and there was now a strange confrontation taking place. Kajun stayed rather quiet during the start of this exchange, as she'd figured out her role in this particular endeavor was to be the 'calmer personality'. While she waited to interject a bit her fingers dragged along the jewels as she looked at them. As Hawks leaned into the table, a jump came from the merchant, his nervous tick seemed to develop as he began to rub a single finger against the tip of his nose. "What you'd do?" he questioned not liking how the questioning was already going. Hawks final act would be an intense bit of threatening. Whether or not this man would actually carry through on this threat or not wasn't really important, the accompanying hand slam seemed to shake the greasy little man to his core. He looked to Kajun for help maybe confirmation and she looked up from the jewels and shrugged. "I'm not in control of him or anything... best to just tell us everything you know," she said raising her eyes with a most vacant expression.

"Alright alright. Look don't be too hasty..." he said still sweating bullets. "I didn't actually take any of these things, I don't know where this stuff comes from. There are some guys, and they go places and look for things. And they go through them, and then they sell me the left overs at a discount, and I sell them to the good people," he explained this situation. "I literally don't know anything... I'm literally the bottom tier of this whole thing. I just move jewels and it isn't really my job to know where they come from and that's the truth," he finished his explanation hoping this wouldn't go any further. Granted he hadn't said anything about the people who sold to him or anything like that, and it was necessary information.

Hawks' grin widened as Kajun fell right in line with this little role-play he'd initiated. He could see its effects taking place through the expression of the merchant, and it wasn't long at all before he was hearing it as well. Everything this man said could have easily been a lie, but Hawks didn't believe this to be the case. "You know what I don't like about lies?" he asked rhetorically. The rhetoric would be shown when he immediately rolled into his next statement, which answered the question itself. "Lies take too long. There's so much detail thrown into an explanation, and bad liars can't even keep up. I like you, though. You're no liar. Know how I can tell?"

Whether the merchant knew or not, Hawks' most recent question was also rhetorical. A slight pause followed as if he was awaiting a response, but even if one were to begin, Hawks quickly slammed his other hand against the table as well. "Because everything important is missing! Don't screw with us; who are you getting it from, and where are you supposed to meet them once you unload what you have now?"

The jeweler seemed to be in the clear, until of course, Hawks began to speak rhetorically about lies. A deep swallow came from merchant, he didn't know what he expected from Magic Knights, but these two seemed to be a bit more brains that he was prepared to deal with. But still he thought to contribute a bit to the conversation, trying to formulate an answer to his secondary question. "How..." before he could even get the question out, Hawks' fist slammed onto the table again. A jump ensued as did a soon to be covered smile from Kajun who simply shook her head from left to right. It seemed that the jig was up so to speak, as Hawks did a good enough mental job of following along to know that he hadn't gotten any real details. "I... but... it's..." he stammered repeatedly apparently scared. Now would be the time that Kajun participated once more, adding a bit of sweet to the obvious threats given by Hawks. "Look we don't want to hold you up? And you don't want to be in danger, it's easier for everyone if you just... answer the angry man's questions," she said while flickering her gaze over him. A sigh would ensue as the man began to spill his proverbial guts about his business partner.

"Alright, look. When I am done here. I meet someone on the east end of Kikka. We don't meet in the Black Market because it's too crowded. Anyways, there is a guy who has greasy slick back hair, muscular with a bad attitude and a leather jacket. He will show up after dark every day. He'll be able to tell you more than I will. I swear... I am just trying to make a little money," he confessed. As far as Kajun was concerned this man was definitely a little fish, but the breadcrumbs would eventually add up. Still there was a great deal left to do, and Kajun could take it that this man had nothing else to offer, but they still needed to confiscate his stock to have it returned to the people it actually belonged to.

At long last, the pair of Magic Knights had all the information they needed from this man. At this point, all they needed to do was follow through. "Well, you're not gonna get any more money out of..." Hawks was in the middle of inspecting the jewels, and a pause was brought to his speech as he discovered a certain box labeled with an insignia depicting an eyeball and various hieroglyph-like accents surrounding it. Hawks collected this first and foremost, completing his clause only as he did so. "... this. Two seconds left until you should really not be anywhere I can see you. Go. Now," he demanded. A sigh would follow, during the time he expected this man to be scurrying off. Only when he was gone did Hawks intend to begin speaking again. "Alright. Good work there, Kajun. Think it's worth it to just follow him to make sure he's not leading us astray? He doesn't have this lot anymore, so he might be dumb enough to already be going for the next supply drop."

It seemed the merchant wouldn't even be allowed to keep the merchandise he'd already paid for. "But... I..." the timing of two seconds left the man scrambling out of the Black Market at record speeds. He couldn't help but be immediately scared. In his own mind, the worst case scenario would involve him needing to resupply before his suppliers got busted and that would only take but so long. Meanwhile as he ran away, Kajun's grimoire opened briefly. A small rose seed would find itself planted in the man's skin at the nape of his neck and hairline, imperceptible to the naked eye. Moving right along she looked over the box with the eye and hieroglyphs while listening to Hawks speak. 'I've never seen this symbol before, I wonder what it means...' she thought only to look up at Hawks. His methods were quite strange, but she couldn't deny the results he'd attained. "Arigatou Gozaimasu, Vaude-senpai. You did well to get so much information out of him..." she muttered as she finally picked up the articles bagging them to be taken back to the Magic Knights Headquarters to eventually be returned to where they belonged. "It isn't necessary to follow directly. I put a seed on him to track him, it will allow us to go to any place he goes until the seed grows into a rose and falls off. We have time to return these goods to Headquarters... and plan our next move," she said calmly. "And time to make sure he gets good and worried about what might happen to him," she mentioned with a gentle nod of her head. "Have you ever seen this symbol before now?" she asked pointing out the strange eye with the hieroglyphs it seemed a bit abnormal compared to most of what they'd come across so far, and it made her wonder if it was some sort of clue.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast