Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [Common Region] Kikka

"Yeah, sorta. I don't know what you mean by good feeling though. That's a weird thing to say to a guy you just met, isn't it?" he asked. Whether his question would be answered or not, Leonis removed his right hand from his pocket as well, but left it hanging at his side. He inhaled deeply while awaiting the girl's response. When he received her words, he also experienced a somewhat psychotic laugh with a front row seat. While this was strange, he did find the statement preceding it to be laughable. The follow-up was quite the strange thing to hear, though. "I... smell... like a real fight?" he asked with much confusion on his countenance.

With little prompting, the green-haired girl was suddenly upon him, in rather close proximity to his face. In that very moment, she offered her name to an abruptly wide-eyed Leonis. 'Fast!' was all he thought. He had but a single reaction, involving the extension of his right arm to its respective side. A strange explosion spawned from magic occurred where his palm was, and that very explosion rocketed Leonis several meters to his left, just before Hikage lashed out. The blast had a stream-like effect, allowing Leonis to turn and us it to arc himself around to the girl's rear, all while holding his left hand out toward her backside. "I like the name. And you're quick," he said just before a blinding flash of light erupted from his left hand, heralding another explosion with enough range to strike Hikage's back with jarring concussive force.

Apparently Leonis found something strange about her mentioning that she had a good feeling about him in their first meeting. "Is it?" she wondered about the weirdness of the statement she'd given this lad upon their meeting, but clarified the best way she knew how. "But, I always know how to feel about people," she said as if she imagined everyone was like this for the same reason she was, which was just an innate feeling she got around people, especially in battle situations. Speaking of, it seemed that she'd managed to surprise this lad with her speedy closing of the gap between them, an explosion took hold of him and launched him away from her in the last second before her attack would have taken place. Her spin was completed regardless of this. "Sugoi! I was right!" she said without explaining what she meant about smelling a real fight on him.

To be honest, it would be a few moments before she could even reply because the boy had rocketed himself behind her, her entire body tensed and her spin continued and her arms crossed before her, seemingly allowing her to absorb the shock of the hit to her crossed forearms. That being said the shining brightness of the blast blinded her momentarily causing her to close her eyes as she skidded away from him several meters. "Shit! That burns," she said her eyes opening for just a second as blinding spots made her give up on sight. She sniffed the air and her ears twitched, as she tried to figure out where this lad was while her eyes recovered from the blinding shock. "So are you..." a wide grin crossed this lasses face, even without the immediately use of her sight she seemed to be excited. The remaining hovering blades around her converged on her fore in a circle with the blades point out from her fore. Until she could open her eyes and recover from the blinding light, she'd be on the defensive. "This is gonna be so much fun!~"

Once the offensive explosion connected with Hikage, Leonis put an end to the first explosion and let himself come to a stop. Hikage managed to turn and face his attack with her own defenses prepped, but she still succumbed to the initial blinding effect and did not escape the impact itself. Leonis took a moment of pause while the girl took her defensive stance. "It's pretty weird to say you always know how to feel about people. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but... it's still weird." It was more than apparent that Hikage intended to defend herself until her sight returned properly, and Leonis was almost content to let this happen. Still, he removed his grimoire from its holster on his waist, and opened it as it hovered in front of him.

"A fun fight, huh? Are all commoners like this?" he asked while readying the first spell his grimoire offered him. The book glowed with an orange hue as Leonis aimed his right hand toward Hikage. "Honō Mahō: Soru Rīnea!" By the power of Leonis' grimoire, his right palm produced a small ring of orange mana. From that very ring came an explosion so concentrated in its structure that it shot forward as a beam capable of pummeling its way through solid concrete at its thin point. It did, however, widen as it traveled through the air, returning more toward pure concussive and burning force as it aimed to encompass Hikage's entire body, bar her head which remained in the clear by virtue of the angle chosen for the attack.

Leonis apparently found the girl strange for her ability to know how to feel about new people. To her surprise though it was commented that he didn't think this was a negative only that he found it to be weird. "Sou ka, I figured everybody was like that..." she said, not giving it too much thought beyond that. Still this wouldn't stop her from continuing to follow her feelings, as it was obvious that at this point, the young man before her seemed to exactly what she thought he'd be a fight worth having.

She tried to open her eyes again, but her vision still wasn't clear, so she chose something else. 'Don't let him one up you...' she thought as she concentrated. She heard the sound of his grimoire open and new she should be preparing a defense, but she'd never properly been a defensive person, what would she do to help herself? Beyond this it seemed the boy maintained some curiosity about her attitude and she answered it the best she could. "I can't speak for everybody... but kicking ass is fun!" she said that maniacal smile spreading across her visage. Whatever this boy was planning she could only try to defend against the explosion and prepare to muscle through. 'Attack!' her mind gave the order as the blades hanging around her person spun in a circle before her, it couldn't negate the blast but by its spin it could divert enough of it for her to dash around. Each of her footsteps vibrating through her, as she felt the heat and force of the blast encompassing her space. She arced her run towards the upper heat of the blast. Her aim of course to swing her short blades with superior speed into the boy's right side, one blade aiming to stop the potential movement of his arm towards her, while the other lashed out across his midsection pulling the blade towards herself. She as she did this her eyes would finally open, their intense slits full of glee as she checked her progress with her vision. "Did I get ya'?"

"I don't think anybody's like that. Well... except you, I guess," he replied. As strange as this individual was proving herself to be, Leonis didn't really care. If he had to admit one similarity to the girl in front of him, one would always come to mind right away. Leonis was a member of House Vermillion, one of three Royal Families in the Clover Kingdom. As one who stood above even most other nobles in the kingdom, he most certainly did not have to take this entrance exam. He was here for no other reason than the fact that he wanted to be.

Even blinded, it seemed this one had more fight in her than the average person. She managed to move around Leonis' blast in similar fashion to how he previously maneuvered around her opening attack, albeit without the propulsion. The end of her forward movement resulted in a pair of blades being used for two separate purposes. An attempted movement of his arm was stopped by the presence of one blade, while another slipped underneath it and gashed Leonis' abdomen. It didn't seem to be anything major in the end, but it was only afterwards that he saw the green-haired girl's eyes open. "Huh. Blindness doesn't mean a lot to you, I guess. That's weird too."

"Hm..." the girl seemed to be at a loss, she was beginning to wonder about the nature of other people. She'd always assumed that everyone had an internal compass they used to figure people out. If this wasn't the case, she didn't know how or why they bothered. But perhaps it was this which made people assume they could take her in fights or thought themselves on pedestals she couldn't reach. Regardless, she did not care if people lacking this trait brought her to combat, she only cared when they didn't live up to the expectations of their words. This young man before her, was taking the exam and putting up a more than reasonable fight.

Her attack by the time she opened her eyes was indeed successful, and much to her surprise this lad didn't take this as an immediate out. As such she only got more excited. "Kufufufufufu~ I didn't know if that would work out," she said seemingly satisfied at that point she used her strength to push away from the lad putting several meters of space between them, a surprising move considering how quickly she'd ended the other lad she'd fought. "Why is that weird? If you can't do what you normally do, you do something else, right?" she said seeming to find the adaptation simple, even without understanding fully how or why she'd managed it. The girl's glowing Grimoire produced several more floating blades and she began bouncing on her toes as she waited, all of them pointed at Leonis. A moment of indecision came from this girl though, 'I'm not ready to try and end this fight... I want more!' she demanded from the world at large. She always thought of ways of ending people, even more so of ways of causing them damage they couldn't fight through. Right at the moment though, she wanted to fight Leonis for longer than a couple of minutes, but nothing she had would make that possible. It forced her to pause, to stop and think about how best to go about achieving her new goal.

Apparently, Hikage had no idea whether her blind strategy would work or not, but she thought it reasonable to just do something different when the norm was removed from one's repertoire. Leonis couldn't possibly argue this. If there were no other viable options, refusing to try a different approach could result in death as a Magic Knight. "Sure, but that doesn't make what you do any less weird. Besides that, you agreed to take two fights. The Captains are gonna think you're a warmonger."

Leonis had gone without countering after Hikage's previous attack, but when she completed her assault and placed herself at a distance, she seemed somewhat lost. Whatever the case was, the otherwise aggressive girl was no longer attacking him. 'Whatever that is, it's too much hesitation,' he thought. Of the many things he'd been taught over the years, one of the most crucial teachings was the deadliness of hesitation in battle. With his grimoire still open, he quickly raised his right hand again, pointing it toward Hikage to recreate the very same laser-like explosion he had used mere moments ago. Though she wasn't already blinded during the use of this one, the majority of Leonis' spells contained this very same blinding flash at the moment of their activation, and this beam was no different.

Leonis was of the opinion that the girl was still odd, though he seemed to have some agreement with the idea that different things should be done to accomplish new goals. He went on to state that the Captains might think her a warmonger for agreeing to take multiple fights and surprisingly enough, Hikage thought nothing of this. "But... I'm here to try and get paid to kick people's asses, Magic Knights face the biggest threats and I want to, 'cause I enjoy it..." the girl stated plainly. She seemed to understand enough of herself to know she was in this mainly for the fight. "Besides, I wanted to kick two people's asses, and it helps them out. They shouldn't care why I chose to do it," she said. Strangely this girl seemed to be the type to want to be used as a weapon directly, and simply pointed in the direction she needed to kill things in. Her present hesitation, wasn't even about attacking or not, but more about attacking in a way that wouldn't finish everything off too quickly.

But she wouldn't get to make this decision now. Leonis though her hesitation needed a bit of punishment and went on to begin a spell once more. The girl's eye lids snapped to a close at the start when he lifted his hand up. Her body moved left as the light behind the lids of her eyes let her know that the boy had launched the attack and though she had moved, she was still caught in the widening blast the boy had launched. Her body singed a bit and the concussive blast sent her careening backward several dozen meters. But in the moments she was flying away she came to a decision. 'It doesn't matter what I do. I'll fight and fight and fight... I'll throw myself at them if I have to and I'll reach them every time!' she thought as her body flipped and righted itself. Her hand made contact with the ground and strangely enough as she looked up into her open Grimoire with all but the knives she held blown away and shattered by the blast she'd find a new spell written in her book. "Eh? I guess I'll do this then," she said as she forced magic downward from across the arena. This would spawn a small black animal with spikes on its back and a surprisingly cute little body. "Kawaii." She managed stunned by this but maintaining an apathetic outlook before she rolled this small animal up her left leg spinning on her right one she'd turn and kick it as it wrapped itself up she launched it forward with a powerful kick aiming it for the center of Leonis' body. The animal picked up speed and its body hardened beyond normal belief it would hit with concussive force and aim to spike the center of the young man's body with a spinning force. Something about this magic would make one note an intrinsic difference in the way Hikage approached her previous fight to the way she approached this one, it gently hinted that though she enjoyed fighting, she also knew that some times, a fight to ultimate defeat wasn't necessary, especially if she wished to fight again.

Even while hesitating, Hikage was not unawares. It was good that she remained alert enough to react to Leonis' next spell, and she was at least clever enough to not be blinded a second time in one fight. "Nobody's gonna judge you for why you want to be a Magic Knight. The Captains still might not take you if they think you're crazy, though... except that one squad." Leonis was able to observe the evasion of his attack by Hikage, but more importantly than that, he saw the development of her newest spell with a front row seat of the action. Hikage was such a strange individual to be generally apathetic, a bit of a psychopath, and yet still be able to find something cute upon unleashing her Creation Magic.

"Congrats on the new spell. You didn't look like the type to have creation magic, but if that's what we're into now..." Leonis' own grimoire flipped to a new page, but his next spell of choice was not a grimoire spell. In that face of an incoming hedgehog created by Hikage, he created an explosion from each hand to rapidly propel himself into the sky above. Leonis spun counterclockwise until he slowed to a stop mid-air. His grimoire showed a creation spell of its own, but as he prepared himself to cast it, he instead descended to ground level in front of Hikage. "Sorry; it's not worth it. Let's fight again later, when we're both Magic Knights, yeah?"

Hikage seemed to have elicited a bit more surprise out of Leonis than she would have normally thought possible. "As long as one takes me, it doesn't really matter..." the girl said, having not thought too much about what might happen if she wasn't chosen she simply assumed as long as at least one Captain saw her merits she'd be fine. Judging by the words the young man before her said, it was likely that she had the eye of at least one Captain in a semi-positive way. Her new spell also garnered a bit of positive attention, as the lad congratulated her on it. "Arigatou," she managed not quite sure what to make of this. As he moved out of the way of the incoming spell, he shot up in the air, leaving the still spinning hedgehog to make contact with a pillar on the outskirts of the arena, barreling into it until it stopped moving and fell to the ground and dizzily stumbled before it disappeared.

Apparently to Leonis this match was over, he looked like he was about to cast a spell, the feeling Hikage got was one which made her eyes widen just a tad, but... it seemed that it wasn't to be. Normally such a thing would have infuriated the girl, but the boy before her, made her an offer that they could fight again after both becoming Magic Knights. She thought about this for a second before a hint of her first non-malicious smile appeared on her face. "Even if I don't make it this time, I'll come back until I get that fight..." she murmured as she extended her now empty right fist. Perhaps she'd really enjoy the idea of fighting this lad later, but if nothing else, he'd shown her that not all people she'd come across would be bad. She put her Grimoire away and gave the boy one more stare, such was used to confirm her earlier feelings, and she was quite certain she was right about this lad.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast