Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clover Kingdom Royal Capital

The meeting between these two teens and their Captain was becoming quite interesting. Junon found herself staring between the pair of them confused about something as it became obvious to her in seconds that these two people were something to each other aside from their working relationship. Of course, Asher went on to explain that they'd only just met today. "That isn't entirely true..." these were the words of the Captain without being very specific but she simply hadn't gotten around to that speech and wouldn't yet again. "There are lots of witches, now you know like two or more! It's exciting, meeting new people!~" the girl said, apparently life within the forest hadn't been for her, and she was content to see and do new things out in the world, her sleeping habits aside. The information about the pair of them being similar also went over the head of this girl, who questioned it too. "What do we have in common besides the other thing?" she asked seeming to have at least caught half of what was said. Her speech brought a small smile to the silver haired woman's face, but she didn't give a full explanation. "Well, why don't you both show me your Grimoires..." she said. This didn't make any difference to Junon who was always being asked to show her Grimoire. As such she produced the cover clipped to her left side and opened it, showing a golden covered grimoire with a four leaf clover on the front, which she held within the glowing container she normally used to hold it. This brought a smile to her face because she knew the boy she'd brought with her would produce something very similar.

What Sibylla said about this not really being their first meeting was curious indeed. Asher briefly wondered if they had encountered one another in the past during his time in Hage Village, as he did find her somehow familiar. Surely she had aided him at some point, and that was the reason he felt so strangely comfortable around her in their first official meeting. Asher's mind wasn't allowed to linger on this topic for long. Junon went on to note the excitement of meeting new people. Asher couldn't agree more. "It is exciting! And we'll be working together to meet even more people, and help them out!" he concurred. With that though, both new Magic Knights were asked to reveal their grimoires. Asher had enough of a brain that he could assume one of two things here, either the four-leaf clover, or the use of light magic. He moved his cloak aside to reveal a shabby holster that looked to be made of ancient leather. From within this, he pulled a golden glowing book of his own, also boasting the four-leaf clover surrounded by an engraving with a likeness to the sun. "Sou ka. We both have a rare grimoire, and we're both Silver Eagles."

Soon enough Asher was producing his grimoire as well, and when he did she saw what their Captain had been mentioning. Junon's eyes went wide at the sight, the young girl was quite used to feeling exceptional in a way she thought no one else would ever compare, right at the moment she found herself face to face with the same kind of potential she had. It was astounding. "Sugoi!! You have one too... that's like three things we have in common! I never thought I'd meet someone else with a rare Grimoire. We have to be best friends and like super rivals and everything now!" the girl said seemingly excited, she tacked on an extra qualifier to their earlier commonalities since she'd figured out the bit about the lad and the woman with him already. "And we can help everyone, meet all the new people, conquer all the goals, and dominate the star festival!" the girl seemed to go on a tangent without any solid goal of her own but meeting new people she'd taken it upon herself to think combined the pair of them would be able to become stronger and be able to top all aspects of Magic Knight life. "Hai hai, that's the spirit." Sibylla's words were genuine and reserved for the most part, for these small moments of pride she took in her squad and usually just her siblings.

The smile on the white haired Captain's face hadn't faltered at all in quite a while. And as such she began to walk again, this time away from this house. "Come along, Asher, Junon. I'll take you two home..." she said to both of them, though this would end in these two people ending up in a very different place. Even so, she'd leave the pair to any discussions they would have as she lead them around the area.

"Three?" he questioned. The longer this interaction went on, the less Asher understood, even though he continued to receive answers. He could only recall the earlier statement of Sibylla, who said everything would eventually make sense. Hopefully this was all included in the "everything" she spoke of. "I... don't know if I need a rival. I'll take friends and partners, though," was his immediate response to Junon. His new peer was an excited individual from what he could tell, but that was probably for the best. Asher returned to following Sibylla, who intended to show these two to their new home. En route, he spoke to whichever female in his company would answer his upcoming query. "What's the star festival?"

"Hai!" this was all the girl had to say about it because she obviously thought it wasn't her place to spill the beans if their Captain hadn't already. Beyond that Junon's current peer expressed a wish not to be rivals, but instead... he wanted the pair of them to be partners and friends. Their life as Magic Knights would undoubtedly become competitive enough she supposed she could use someone on her side as an ally. "Hmm, I guess we can be partners... Then, we can just take everyone else down together!~" she chimed finding it to be the best solution to her potential problem of not developing a rival. Still as they walked, Sibylla led them towards the far west of the Royal Capital. They passed many, but managed to not look out of place at all considering the way they were dressed and the fact that they moved along with a Magic Knight Captain. To answer the question posed by Asher, Sibylla took a moment and before she began to explain. Junon had gone without saying anything else, because she'd only really heard the word and didn't know exactly what it was.

"The Star Festival is a celebration of a year long competition between the Squads. Every mission completed, every task handled properly will earn an individual merits and stars for their Squad." she explained knowing that with a technical foreigner and someone who hadn't been raised in the upper regions this information wouldn't simply be common knowledge. "The Squad with the most combined stars for their members wins. But individual merit is also rewarded, as the person or persons with the most stars from the group will be called on stage and rewarded by the Magic Emperor." she explained a system which was not unlike one which would have been used for organized sports. "It gives way to competition all year long, and rewards the hard work done by everyone who has protected the Clover Kingdom. What it truly enforces in this way... is that everyone has merit, and can climb their way to the top. Regardless of their starting rank." she said calmly. "Since I've become Captain it's usually a pretty close call between Golden Dawn, Silver Eagles and the Crimson Lions... so gambatte ne." Sibylla finished up this explanation as they came to another gate which she would lead them out of. She'd then go on to open her Grimoire creating from magic a giant mirrored Eagle big enough for three to comfortably ride. "You can both hop on, or not if you'd rather transport yourselves and follow me instead," she mentioned waiting to see what would be decided. Strangely enough, Junon wrapped herself in a wind current and hopped in the air, beginning to float with air simply breezing around her body to keep her afloat. "Arigatou gozaimasu, but I like to fly on my own~" she chimed seemingly happy to have the opportunity to stretch her wings to to speak.

Asher was given a very solid explanation for what this star festival was. He never knew the Magic Knights had such a system they functioned under. He wanted to make a difference, and this merit system was certainly a good place for him to start. 'Stars and ranks. Anybody can become Magic Emperor...' he thought as he walked along. The trio eventually left the district, with the young mages being offered a ride on an eagle made of magic mirrors. Junon rejected the ride, stating she preferred flying alone. Asher was left to make his own choice, and the offer to be rivals rang in head again. He didn't have any immediate desire to have a full-on rivalry with anyone, but he felt he needed to stand on his own as well... despite the strong urge he had to take a ride on a magic eagle. Solidifying his desires, Asher began levitating on the other side of Sibylla. "I think I can keep up."

Sibylla watched as the lad with her accepted the information provided him. Junon too nodded her understanding of it. Clover Kingdom worked based on merit which was part of her reason for preferring it over the other offer of becoming part of the Diamond Kingdom. She liked the idea that she'd be able to prove her worth and not have to worry too much about the ethics of the people she worked for. She'd even wanted to join a squad different from the Purple Orcas under the hopes of meeting new people not just the sort she'd been raised with her entire life. As the two newest recruits to the Silver Eagles, figured out how they'd be traveling, a gentle upturn of Sibylla's lips would follow. She'd go about shrinking her Eagle down to size for her own travel before taking off given the pair of individuals claimed to be able to keep up. And off they would go, with Junon on one side of her, and Asher on the other. 'Hm, didn't want a rival, but... seems to be taking the idea of their friendly rivalry seriously enough,' Sibylla thought. She couldn't wait to take them both home but the flight itself gave her an opportunity to watch them both. Junon was performing aerial acrobatics, flying around the mirror bird, shifting directions with the wind. This one was truly capable of the extreme amount of mana manipulation that witches were known to possess (herself included) as she flew in the skies with apparently boundless energy. "Sugoi! I didn't figure you'd be able to fly too, Asher. Well, most people don't without brooms or creation magic," she said thinking about it and paying the lad a compliment just the same. Curiously enough just as Asher had mentioned not really wanting a rivalry it seemed that Junon was more than capable of meeting halfway on this simple appreciation and partnership of their abilities. All of this was pleasing to Sibylla who'd likely be seeing to the pair of them personally when she could. 'Something like the pair of them is a bit more than a handicap. Cross is going to be furious,' she thought knowing that the two of them were without a doubt going to take the Silver Eagles further shine above the rest.

As Sibylla began to move, Asher kept pace in the sky next to her. Junon was content to perform various acrobatics, but Asher had no desire to do such a thing. "I've always been able to fly. The only time I used a broom was during the exam," he said, taking a moment to recall his childhood and the early discoveries of his magic. "I was almost lost as a baby, because I just floated off one day. One of the sisters at our church had to come pull me down..." Over time, Asher found himself flying closer to the eagle, inspecting it directly.

The differences and similarities between this pair of individuals was becoming obvious by their movement styles and patterns. A free-spirited show off and a more reserved but equally or higher talented young man. A chuckle escaped Sibylla as Asher explained that he'd been able to fly even as an infant. And shared a story likely shared with him throughout his life. She took comfort in knowing this, but for reasons which likely weren't clear. "I'm sure you would have come down when you wanted to..." mentioned Sibylla because she knew it to be true. It was part of the reason he'd been known to be quite powerful immediately after his birth. Perhaps she'd witnessed such an event herself, regardless Junon seemed to be having quite a bit of fun. "Sugoi!" she mentioned, though whether this was meant for Asher or not would be left up to the imagination as she seemed to be enjoying herself. "Are you curious about the eagle?" she asked the lad taking note of his apparent curiosity. He'd seen it before now, or at least the very small version of it. Soon after this question the Base of Operations for the Silver Eagles would come into view. It looked like a giant waterside castle surrounded on three sides by waterfalls. The nature was pristine, the sky was clear and the whole of the base looked calm.

The day following their return from a recently opened dungeon, a trio of Silver Eagles entered the Magic Knights Headquarters. Of these three, two were male, including the single veteran member of the group, Dior Silva. This man walked ahead of the others, visibly carrying all the authority expected of a royal as he entered the office of the Magic Emperor himself. There the Emperor was, sat as his desk with long, white hair featuring a thick braid cascading over his left shoulder. Visible were at least the clothes he wore on his torso, which were gold plated and topped by a red velvet cape standing out from those worn by traditional Magic Knights. This tanned male looked out unto this trio as Dior took a knee. "Ah, there you are," the Magic Emperor spoke softly, yet with an astoundingly commanding tone that always managed to pass his lips. "I've been waiting. Yours is a story I've been looking forward to more than any I've waited for this year. Go on then... one of the young ones, tell me your story."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast