Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Base of Operations: Silver Eagles

The silence of Sibylla's mind was interrupted by her brother saying her name sometime after she'd finished speaking. She'd been known to cause exasperation in this man at least a little bit, and she never understood why this was the case. If he simply explained himself better, she'd likely have been just as considerate of him as she was her other male siblings. Regardless of this, it seemed that he was content to leave their conversation where it was, her own childishness aside, it was stated by him that he'd see her sometime later and question her resolve. Though he spoke of seeing her on the other side, she wondered what circumstance he thought would arise to make her let him out of the mirror she'd trapped him in. It was too much to think about that, combined with the question of what it was to be a Magic Knight the girl was left to sigh, it was like yet another logic puzzle, yet another test. Her elder brother never seemed to understand what was frustrating about him in moments like these. "So, does that mean you don't want me to come back later for dinner?" she asked of the man rhetorically. She'd take her leave of the room at this point closing and locking the door behind her. She'd stand in front of it for a few seconds looking mildly stunned. It wasn't often that she spoke with her elder brother and she knew well why this was the case. She always found it to be emotionally draining and more so than that she realized that despite their differences and what he'd done to make her angry, she did miss her big brother. There was a pang in her chest at this realization because though she'd done much because of him, and even more than she wanted to him, she'd still prefer to have him around. She didn't understand why he didn't get that when it came to the rest of her siblings as well...

"... Hmph." This was the final utterance of Sibylla's elder brother beyond the mirror. He was content to retire to his own devices until further notice, but he truly wondered when that time would come. Regardless, Sibylla took her leave of him. There was no telling when these two would meet next.

As Sibylla returned downstairs, she would find a male figure in her path, leaned against a nearby wall at the tower's base. This young man stood at about 5'6" with ash-blond hair. He sported a tan coat lined in white fur over a black shirt and light pants. A blue visor was upon his face, but it did not obstruct the view of teal eyes looking toward Sibylla. "Quality family time again? Looks like you had fun."

Sibylla was a strange person when it came to her siblings in general. Her elder brother had given an utterance which wasn't necessarily quantifiable as good or bad, but she'd heard it enough in her life to know what it meant. 'So dishonest...' she thought, knowing that she could well go back to that room and have a meal with her brother at a later time, she was more than content to descend from the tower with a strange mix of happiness and determination on her face. This face would first be greeted by an ash blonde man who was posted against the wall near the foot of the tower which held her elder brother. This person was a member of her own squad and one of the more trust worthy ones to boot. Still, Sibylla seemed to maintain a distant yet sisterly relationship with any not part of her immediate family. As such a glance from her silvery gaze met this man's teal eyes as he spoke to her. Obviously having been a member for quite a while, he knew who was contained within this tower and as such she didn't deny what she'd been doing. In fact, she only chose to question how he thought such a visit affected her. "Hm? Does it?" she asked only to shift her gaze up the stairs. She supposed overall she did enjoy speaking with any of her family even in those strained moments. "Were you looking for me, Hawks?" she asked, making the assumption that this young man didn't come here to visit her elder brother as well, not that it would have bothered her if he did.

"Hmm..." The man apparently named Hawks pushed away from the wall and leaned toward Sibylla, seemingly performing an intense study of her face from up-close after her response. Suddenly, his expression broke out into a toothy smile. "Nah! Not really! Well, maybe. I dunno; chit-chat is weird," he said. With that, he backed out of Sibylla's personal space bubble, placing his hands on his waistline and tucking his thumbs under his belt. "I wasn't looking for you or anything. Well... I was, but I wasn't. I'm bored. I need work, so I guess I was kinda looking for you in a way." The more Hawks spoke, the more jumbled his thoughts became. He grew antsy in his boredom, and in doing so, he either lost his natural way, or fell back into it. "I mean... it's not that I didn't want to see you or anything. I just didn't want specifically you... right now... as much as the work. But you're cool too! I just uhh... yeah. Got any jobs?"

The strange ash-blonde young man known as Hawks went on to invade the personal space bubble of his captain, studying her face. Sibylla for her part in this didn't seem bothered by it, but it was soon followed by a toothy grin and a strange explanation about how weird small talk was and how he wasn't sure. She didn't speak while he was in her personal space bubble, but after he backed out of it a small smile came to Sibylla's face softening the cold expression she bore. "Sou ka, I understand. Try making small talk with someone you haven't seen in about a year. It's too difficult," she mentioned, though she wasn't unhappy at all. As their conversation progressed it seemed that Hawks was looking for work and not necessarily Sibylla. The young woman watched as this man stumbled his way through an explanation which let loose all of the lads anxiety and social quirks in a single moment. After he was finished she looked at him blankly humor coming to her eyes in a brief moment. "Yare yare, it's fine. Don't hurt yourself... Hawks," she managed. Thinking about it she had a couple of missions come across her desk in the last couple of days and she wouldn't want her elites falling too far behind her new recruits. As such she'd make sure to send them out as much as they desired. "I wouldn't want you and the others falling behind our newest additions. I have a mission for you, it isn't really glamorous, but there is a strange theft ring going on outside of the of the Capital City. You can go on that one if you like, take Kajun with you," she said with a nod knowing that there were a few other less in-depth missions for people to be sent on, but these were meant for her elites. "And we can have tea and catch up when you get back..." she mentioned since the lad said he didn't dislike the idea of seeing her.

Hawks raised his right hand to scratch - with his forefinger - the small area separating his hairline and temple. He realized how strange he was being with all of his stumbling, but Sibylla seemed to understand every time it occurred. Much to his satisfaction, the Silver Eagles' Captain did indeed have a job for him. Only one other person was mentioned for coming along on this job to deal with an entire theft ring, but such was the nature of the elites. "Faycott, huh? I just passed her while she was showing around some new guys. Right! Grab the girl, stop thieves, take down the gang boss. I'm on it!" he said as his grimoire floated out of its holster and opened, bringing about a spell which caused Hawks to sprout two large, black-feathered wings. He used these to hover initially, taking a moment to speak his parting words with Sibylla before flying off. "Sankusu! I'll be back with the report soon!" he said. With that, he was off at breakneck speeds to the halls where he'd most recently seen Kajun and the two new members of Silver Eagle. "KAJUN!"

Hawks seemed to process the news of him having an upcoming job very easily. That being said, the way his phrased his to do list, left Sibylla a little worried for a more immediate uproar. "I don't know if it's a good idea to..." she was stunned as Hawks immediately opened up his Grimoire, spouted wings and took off in search of the other person who was to be part of his group for this particular endeavor. "Grab the girl..." she finished her sentence with a bit of a chuckle. "Gomen, Kajun... he's always so excitable. I was hoping you'd rub off on him a bit. Perhaps he'd liven you up a bit too..." she whispered to herself. It seemed that it was simply the habit of Sibylla as Captain to match two people based on their similarities and differences to get the best possible team for any particular outcome. Still the excited lad had at least said thank you before he disappeared looking for his partner and as such, the Captain of this squad took off at a more reasonable pace to catch up with him. Fully intending to take up where Kajun had left off in her tour and make sure her newest members were familiar with their facilities.

Meanwhile, Kajun herself was standing near the dining hall type area with assumably the two individuals she'd been with before. One pink haired girl in a witches hat and white robes of a rather skimpy variety seemed to follow along taking in all the sights as they came here. "Hai, so we can just order food? Like anything we want?" she asked. This made Kajun smile and nod. "Hai, Dancho makes sure the kitchen is fully stocked and the chefs are all really well versed. So just about anything that you could want you can have. Besides, if there is something you want that we don't have, if you tell the chefs they will make the requests to get it. Dancho likes for everyone to be comfortable. That includes food. We can take a break here, and get you two fed, since you've seen everything but your rooms by now..." she said opening the door for the girl to pass her by. She opened her mouth to speak once more only to be surprised part way through. "Do you have any questions? I can answer them while we..." she looked stunned as a man with giant bird wings rather suddenly came flying up the hallway towards her while screaming her name. Her lavender gaze widened and she squealed in a manner most strange. "Va...va va va... Vaude-senpai!" it was very strange to her that this man addressed her and literally everyone else so casually. It was also stunning to her that he always seemed to be in a rush, much like right at the moment and she had no idea why he was even looking for her at the moment.

"Sugoi! I don't think I've eaten anything besides tatoes in years," said Asher, the silver-haired boy who also accompanied these two in the dining hall. True enough, the church he'd been raised in at Hage Village only ever really fed its children a variety of potatoes, locally referred to as "tatoes" as Asher had so recently called them. The idea of being able to eat whatever else he wanted, whenever he wanted, was almost as exciting as being able to serve as a Magic Knight.

In no time at all, Hawks was upon the young woman he sought. Her reaction may have been one to be expected, but it didn't seem to matter at all to Hawks. There was a mission at hand, and he would see to it that he collected his partner for it. With this in mind, and ignoring the two young Magic Knights being guided by Kajun, he reached out with his left arm mid-flight with the intention of scooping the purple-haired woman up by the waist. If such a thing were to occur, he would begin explaining only after he began taking her toward the base's exterior. "Danchou gave us work. We're gonna go take out a crime syndicate!"

"Tatoes?" this word was questioned by Junon who had never heard of such a thing. To be honest she would likely have something simple just to see how she felt about things. She was prone to eating vegetables and fruits but not a lot of meat in her diet. She wasn't a vegetarian per se but she did not seem to eat a lot of things. it was nice to know she wouldn't starve due to being a picky eater. Before she could turn to ask a question though, their guide of sorts was being carted off. More accurately she was disappearing from sight with a man picking her up around the waist and flying off with her atop wings. "Sugoi! He had real wings!!" Junon said seemingly excited by the prospect.

Meanwhile, a captured Kajun was left a mass of confusion as her body generally moved from the place it was at to being strung along by Hawks Vaude. Soon enough though her capture was still fresh on her mind, he was giving her the basic information about why he'd come along in such an immediate fashion. "Ano, Vaude-senpai..." she started seemingly abashed by the suddenness of her moving person. "I could always walk you know..." she said, seemingly content with things as they were. Of course, since they'd been given a mission she was more than ready to go on one, she just didn't imagine being carted off in such a way, and she could only hope, their Captain had the foresight to do something about the two youngsters left behind in Hawks wake.

Though still stunned Junon found herself looking at Asher before shrugging lightly. She didn't expect this particular squad to be so full of exuberant people, but she supposed there were worse things all together. Besides that, Junon was quite hungry herself, the audible sound of her stomach growling would soon enough be heard. She had the grace to look a bit embarrassed by it, as she inched her way inside of the dining hall. "Obviously nothing we can do about that... so, we should have lunch, dinner or whatever meal this is, and after that look for someone to tell us where we'll be staying?" she offered the most considerate plan of action. Sibylla was making her way towards the pair, following the distraught faces of her members to know where Hawks had previously been. 'Sou ka, he really just grabbed her up and left huh? I envy that sort of energy...' thought the Captain. The lad she was thinking about wasn't that much younger than her, but she wondered still how he managed to move around so much.

"Oh... right. Hage Village is known for its potatoes. There are dozens of ways they're prepared back home, but it's still really easy to get tired of the same thing all the time." Asher had fond memories of these "tatoes" from Hage Village, but he was also fond of the idea that he could try a number of other things. His train of thought was interrupted briefly by the sudden snatching of their guide. He was used to moving at incredible speeds, so he managed a decent look at the culprit. This man, Hawks, had taken the time during his travels to don the elite robe of the Silver Eagle squad. "His cape looks like Silva-senpai's," Asher commented. In mere moments, the sound of Junon's stomach became audible. Asher hazarded a chuckle as he stepped forward. "I'm hungry too. Let's eat. I'm sure somebody will be willing to show us to where we sleep."

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast