Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Base of Operations: Silver Eagles

Soon enough Sibylla heard the rushing of steps towards her very own office and soon enough her younger brother appeared before. He was winded, in a state of disarray with a slice of bread hanging from his mouth. While he was a tad late for this particular meeting, this current hurried state wasn't at all call for. She looked on with surprise and amusement as she chuckled through is explanation. "Good morning Asher, I assume you actually slept well last night~" she mused. Still the woman's eyes held a strange warmth towards this young man, which was always present. "Hai I do need to see you, but there isn't so much a need to rush. You have to be briefed, and it will take a little while. You can have tea with me if you'd like while I explain," she said gesturing to the seat across from her and sipping her own tea while waiting. It was such a strange new feeling to have this particular younger brother in her presence she still didn't really like the idea of sending him off. But, she'd made him a promise and she had her duty as a Magic Knight as well, and as such she would do her best to be fair to him and his known abilities.

Soon enough, Asher's breathing was something closer to normal. He nodded a response to Sibylla about his past night's sleep. "Yeah, but I slept way longer than I thought I would. I guess I've just been missing a lot of sleep since the entrance exam," he clarified. Once he was certain he wouldn't be huffing all over the place, he stepped forward and took a seat across from the Captain. In doing so, his attention was brought to the already-prepared tea she had in wait. "Oh... arigatou gozaimasu," he said while organizing himself to be capable of holding his bread and teacup simultaneously. Once his grimoire was properly secured, Asher held the bread slice in his left hand, and the tea in his right hand while alternating between bites and sips. "Alright. I'm ready."

It seemed the boy had been missing out on sleep, as Sibylla figured this was the case, she was sure he'd be fine as he adjusted to a more proper schedule. As it stood, he took a few moments to settle himself before taking a seat and having tea with his slice of bread while awaiting the conversation. He even managed to thank her for to which Sibylla only shook her head after lowering her tea cup. "I always serve tea at briefings and debriefings, and pastries for special occasions. I can't have people leaving or coming back and being dehydrated," said the white haired woman thoughtfully. Truthfully she enjoyed these moments and it gave her peace which she hadn't gotten to know initially while being a Magic Knight. Sibylla had a look at the lad, and wondered if it was simply his upbringing that made him keep a hand on his food at all times. Regardless she soon sat down her own tea cup for a little while so she could speak. "There is a mission for you and it comes straight from the office of Matouhei-sama. Usually he gives the jobs to us Captains and we decide who in our groups would be best suited for them. Your first mission was like that," she stated rather calmly. "This one is a bit different, it is likely meant to be cooperative between our Squad and another, and as such, Matouhei-sama, requested a specific Magic Knight from the Silver Eagles... you. And you'll be teamed with another Magic Knight from another squad for a special mission," she finished this calmly and waited just a few more seconds. Though she had no need to worry about the lad she still didn't like how much he was being forced to do so early.

Following his claim to preparation, Asher continued eating and drinking in wait of Sibylla's debriefing. It became apparent as she spoke that there was a mission assigned specially to him from the Magic Emperor himself. As surprising as this was in its own right, there was hardly a reason given for it. Still, Asher took a moment to let the bread hang from his teeth again. Not only was he requested by the Magic Emperor to take on a mission, but he was also meant to carry on with said mission in the company of someone from a different squad. He'd at least expected a mission which was to be done with other members of the Silver Eagle squad, perhaps even Junon. At the same time, he expected this to be something Sibylla chose him for, not someone even higher on the proverbial totem pole than the Captain herself. "So I'm working with another squad today... I hoped I'd be able to become better acquainted with everyone here, but I guess a job's a job. Why me specifically?" he asked, wondering why the Magic Emperor would demand his presence in particular.

Sibylla had more tea while watching the lad after explaining the first leg of her debrief. As she did this she got the feeling the lad might have wanted to participate in a mission with his established friend. His words confirmed this and made a smile spread across the white haired woman's face. "Not to worry there will be plenty of time for that, but you're needed for this particular mission along with your partner because you two are the only ones who can do it," she said. "I should explain first that Hawks and Kajun the latter of whom you've met, were out on a mission the other day to clear out a theft ring. It turns out that there is likely more to that theft ring than the single side of it they found. The issue is that they need someone to go to the Black Market and find the other branches of the ring," she said giving a bit of pause. "But most Magic Knights are nobles and would stand out in such a situation. And the Magic Knights that are commoners are a bit of a liability for being able to face the kind of individuals that Hawks and Kajun had to face in their mission," she said calmly. "So you and the person going with you were chosen because you are both unrecognizable and capable of taking care of yourselves, if an altercation breaks out," she said rather calmly. She was still rather upset about this, but she understood the decision. She couldn't say she would have made a different one if she'd been the one to make it, even so she didn't like it. "It is apparently the plan that you and your partner not wear anything identifying you as Magic Knights and wander around the Black Market searching for things which are... 'sketchier' than normal..." she said, the word 'sketchy' wasn't one which Sibylla would have used, and when she did it, she made quotation marks with her fingers.

More details were to come regarding Asher's upcoming mission. He was to take on this task with another from a separate squad just because he and this other person were unrecognizable as Magic Knights. What was exciting about this, was the location they were to investigate to find whatever was beyond this apparent theft ring that had been taken down by other members of the Silver Eagle squad. In Asher's case, his status as a royal was something new even to him, so he could blend into the black market crowd quite easily without wearing the clothes of a Magic Knight. After swallowing the final bite of his bread slice, he washed it down with the remainder of his tea, and grinned. "Sou ka. So I go with someone new, we browse around the black market, and we find something... extra illegal? Sugoi! When does it start? Do I go somewhere to meet my partner, or...?"

Sibylla finished her cup of tea while the lad seemed to summarize what she'd said to him. To be fair, he was taking all of this pretty well considering she was now making him go out into the world again specifically because of his status as someone who wasn't previously considered noble. It seemed that regardless of the truths he'd come to accept, he was very much a product of the people who raised him and as far as Sibylla could tell this was fine. She nodded her head to answer his question. "It starts when you you and your partner make it to Kikka. You'll be looking for a girl named Hikage. She has green hair and was in the Entrance Exam with you," said Sibylla thinking of whether or not the lad would remember her. "She's the girl who took two fights," she said remembering that the girl's first fight had been one in which she'd brutalized an opponent. Regardless there was the rest of the lad's question to answer. "She should meet you before entering the Black Market. I've been told she'll know how, and stuff there isn't necessarily illegal it just isn't allowed to be sold in regular stores. Magic tools and things like that is usually what is found there... I don't know what sort of things you should be looking for, but I trust your judgement," she finished. "I'll answer any other questions you have and then you can leave when you're ready," Sibylla said. She'd been trying a great deal to control her doting affection and sisterly urges, but she was mostly just waiting to tell the lad things she thought he might forget while he was out.

After finishing his makeshift breakfast, Asher gently placed his teacup atop the small saucer he'd originally retrieved it from. Now, he had virtually every bit of information that could be considered crucial to the mission. All he had to do was meet someone named Hikage in Kikka, and he now knew how to identify her. "Ah, I remember. I think she was from the Forsaken Region too," he commented while rising from his chair. He couldn't think of anything else he might consider along the lines of pertinent information, so he was quite ready to depart at a moment's notice. That was precisely what he did after turning back and waving to the woman sat at her desk. "I'll head out right now then. Ja!" he said, flashing a grin as he made his way out.

It seemed that Asher needed no more information and did indeed remember the girl he was supposed to look for. Sibylla could do nothing but appreciate the lad's memory in this moment, even as she fought with herself over the amount of worry she had about the lad and his actions. "Hai hai, just be careful okay. Don't do anything too reckless..." she said in the face of a grin which reminded her of all of her other brothers. She knew the lad would be fine and resigned herself to waiting for his return whenever that might have been. 'Ano, I feel like I should have sent someone else too...' she thought to herself, but pushed aside the thought for the sake of the white haired lad's continued growth. After he'd left she leaned forward on her desk with her elbows propping up her head. "Yare yare, I haven't had to worry like this in ages..." she mumbled aloud to herself.

Another mission proved to be successful, chalking up one more victory for the youngest member of House Silva. Asher returned to his squad's base by riding atop his staff. His method of travel brought him directly to the entrance, then into the building before he even hopped off to return the staff to his grimoire. With its return, numerous sprites of light that had been surrounding him also disappeared. Asher walked casually through the base while whistling a happy tune, seeming quite satisfied with the outcome of his recent mission.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast