Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Base of Operations: Silver Eagles

It appeared that Asher held no lasting attachment to the cloak he'd let the lass borrow within the dungeon. "You hid on the way to the exam?" she questioned that knowledge. She figured anyone going to the exam would have been hailed as a hero, especially if they came from the forsaken region. Such a feat would be considered a great boon to the area, especially if they managed to produce one who held a four leaf clover book. Still she was hardly in a position to argue how useful the article of clothing was to her in the context of the Dungeon they'd gone into. "Hai hai, arigatou gozaimasu~" she followed up. This lad was quite generous and she appreciated it, even if she wasn't necessarily used to this level of niceness.

Meanwhile Dior had nothing but positive praises to sing about the pair within the Dungeon they'd gone to, and while the news of more goblins than a female knight would normally be able to handle was a disturbing. Even so, she was proud the female of this pairing was able to overcome this hurdle with the help of her companion. "Sou ka..." the normally silent captain of the Silver Eagles said. It was quite interesting news that her little brother thought he could have not been there and it wouldn't have made any difference to the group at large, that was a ringing endorsement of the pair of individuals before them if nothing else. "I sent you to help them understand their duties as a Magic Knight. Chauffeur Dio though, has a pretty interesting ring to it~" she teased her younger brother. Hearing that the pair has happily risen above expectations made her happy as well, she figured she'd lucked out quite a bit, in ending up with her youngest brother and having him be very powerful and independently ending up with the four leaf clover book was simply extra. The young witch had seemed a bit free-spirited and headstrong but it seemed that she was more than capable of taking instruction and obviously powerful enough to take care of herself. "Thank you for going along with them. I figured they would be fine, but I needed to be sure," she said calmly. "Kajun!" the name brought forth a young woman with purple hair and a very well put together outfit. She had a butterfly clip in her long purple locks and wore a long white coat with the Silver Eagles insignia on it. What she came out holding though was two short cloaks for each of the two individuals, they were fur wrapped, silver in color and seemed to mark them both as members of the group in an official sense. "Those are for you two. You've done well on your first mission. I'm sure you're both tired, feel free to go inside with Kajun she'll show you to the dining hall then to your rooms, you two can eat and the like while I get a full debrief from Dior." The woman praised both of these individuals and had them presented with the uniform pieces, which she'd had made while they were gone. It seemed as if she always had faith in them.

"Hai," the boy replied. His staff descended further yet, until he was able to easily step down from it and return it to his hand. "I wasn't supposed to take the exam. I got my grimoire three years ago, and I wanted to become a Magic Knight then, but... I wasn't even allowed to leave the village. I had to run away just to chase my dreams," he concluded. Soon enough, there was a noble-looking purple-haired woman before the pair, presenting them with the capes that would mark them as official members of the Silver Eagle squad. Asher, with wide eyes, reached out to take one of these items. He donned it immediately by tossing it around his left shoulder with his right hand, letting it cascade over his head and fall into its proper place. It felt... right, somehow. Asher bowed to the woman named Kajun, offering his respects to her and the other superiors standing nearby. "Arigatou gozaimasu!"

While this exchange occurred, Dior continued his discussion with the squad's Captain. "I think I'll keep my day job, but I'm happy to have this experience under my belt. It just says the rest of us will be able to rest easy every now and then in the future. Actually, if I'm being honest... they may already be better than most of our ranks, even if they were alone."

Junon got an interesting story from Asher, about how his taking the exam wasn't exactly sanctioned by whoever had previously been in charge of him. It seemed that he'd always wanted to be a Magic Knight but he'd been forbidden from doing such things, Junon's eyes went wide at this news, because the boy was so nice she hadn't thought him to possess anything remotely resembling rebellion. "Sugoi!~ From meeting you I wouldn't have thought you had that sort of spunk. Good on you, chasing dreams is quite important~" said Junon who seemed to appreciate the idea of going after what you wanted even if it meant upsetting people initially. Soon enough their shared dreams were being recognized in the form of a couple of capes for the pair of them, marking them as official members of the Silver Eagles. Seeing this new lass show up, Junon also bowed to her, taking this little cloak for herself she also placed it on her shoulders affixing it before blowing it outward with a minor gust of wind to figure out how she liked it on herself. "Arigatou gozaimasu..." the girl also said. This prompted Kajun as she was apparently known to shake her head from left to right. "Iie, Dancho chose you, and Senpai vouches for you... that's enough for me," she said seeming to rely very heavily on the opinions of the two elder Silva siblings about the newcomers. "Kajun Faycott, I'm a 4th Class Intermediate Magic Knight and I look forward to working with you both. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with..." she said seeming to not care much one way or the other. The follow up instructions from Sibylla caused her to nod in the woman's direction. "If you two would follow me. We will get you fed and to your rooms so you can settle in. I'm sure Dancho will check on you later..." she said willing to lead the way through the building neither of them had gotten a proper look through.

Meanwhile, Sibylla watched as both of her newest members donned their new attire pieces. She'd heard a bit of what the lad had said about having to follow his dreams by running away, but she decided that would be a conversation topic for another time. Of course, she also felt a gentle tightness in her chest, as she looked at him in his cloak, she couldn't believe she was honestly seeing this, and it was something she'd dreamed of, even before she knew it to be a possibility. There was a smile of esteemed pride on her face, and it wouldn't be removed, even as Dior explained what he thought of the two youngsters. "Oh feeling like you'll get to take it easy? I don't know if I'd let you do that... even once in a while," she mentioned with a raised brow. Even so, she turned towards the inside of the building and motioned to him. "I had a good feeling about both of them. Like I said, Asher managed to impress everyone at the Exam but I didn't know what kind of potential Junon would have to fight with. Besides that I felt like you two might bump heads a bit given her carefree nature," she said moving right along, she'd led her brother to a private study where tea and such were prepared and take a seat behind an immaculate desk to have some leaving a cup and other things open to the young man before her.

"Well... sort of. Growing up in the Forsaken region, sometimes you have to figure out a few things to get by. It's hard work being a commoner," Asher said while shifting around to inspect his own cloak, while also taking a moment to check out Junon and her new article. "I think it works better than the other one," he asserted. Kajun took a moment to introduce herself. One to show respect to a senior, Asher was attentive until her speech came to an end. At that point, she offered to guide them into their settlement of the headquarters. "Hai. Boku wa Asher. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!" was his response as he followed along.

Dior was sighing yet again. He never expected a chance to actually relax, but that wasn't all too bad at the end of the day. "Of course not. Maybe I'll just have to overthrow you and take Asher as my Vice-Captain. Then we can make you do all the work," he said in a moment of jest not often seen outside of interactions with the Silver Eagles' Captain. He followed the woman into the office, expecting to give his report. Her state of mind during their absence was more than apparent by the time he reached said office, but regardless, he took a seat at the other side of the desk, and picked up the cup of tea obviously reserved for him. "Junon presented the least problems, in my opinion. She was fine on her own, but when I gave instruction, she followed without hesitation. Asher... may have been slightly influenced by the commoners. How many cups of tea have gone cold since you started expecting us back?"

"Hm, that sounds different. The Witches' Forest is a bit different... but independence is valued above most things. Make your own decisions, do your own thing, be proud of you when no one else is..." she commented on the likeness and differences of their rearing. She wondered how such independence would be received by his elder siblings. But she supposed that would just be something she'd have to look into later. She also took a gander at the lad as he donned his own cloak. "Hai, super cute~" she said thinking about it for a second. "Dashing, maybe? I'm not sure what words I should use to describe men's clothing choices..." she said. Such a statement caused a bit of a giggle from Kajun who figured this girl spent most of her time around women exclusively until recently. Just as Asher had greeted Kajun and she'd greeted both of them, Junon followed up. "Junon Evanglista nice to meet you," she managed, prompting a response to the girl's statement and Asher's introduction from their present senior as they followed along. "Hai, both of you will fit in just fine. Cute or dashing work, but the cloak works and..." she paused thinking about these two new people. "It suits you both."

Sibylla had no problem settling into her office with her younger sibling. Even among some teasing from the lad, who claimed to want to take over for her, and have Asher as his Vice-Captain forcing her to take a demotion and do all the work. "I'd do it too~ I find myself missing the adventure a bit from time to time..." she said and this was true. It was among the many reasons she took trips repeatedly besides it being able to search for their younger brother. As Dior gave the explanation of what he thought of Junon, a gentle nod came from the Captain of the Silver Eagles. "To be honest, I was wondering how she'd react to the sudden influx of men in her life. Medea was a a bit of shut in and wouldn't even look directly at a man at first she was so unused to the attention," she said inadvertently explaining a very strange clothing choice of the Captain of the Purple Orcas. "I'm glad she didn't come with those types of hang-ups. It could have been a bit harder to settle her if that was the case," she said. She was content that Junon was apparently capable of taking her orders and also of taking care of herself if she needed to. As for Asher and the tea she'd wasted waiting for them to come back, she decided to answer these things in reverse order. "I expected the trip to take at least a day, but you three have been gone for at least 4 days by now. So about a dozen tea cups went cold and I paced like crazy. Even with the oddities of Dungeons I didn't expect it to take you so long..." she admitted. Even knowing she didn't need to worry, she worried incessantly about her siblings out in a brand new Dungeon. Especially since she'd sent out two brand new recruits. "I have a feeling they rubbed off on him, given his goal, to make sure people are treated fairly... was he disagreeable?" she asked of the lad, she wondered a bit what would have made her brother mention that the lad was less apt to take orders than their female companion.

Dior raised the tea cup to his lips and casually sipped from it as Sibylla spoke her conclusions involving Junon. From what little he knew about the Purple Orcas' Captain, he could understand the potential for these issues, and what an impact they would have on life in a new squad. It was good none of these negatives came wrapped around Junon; he wouldn't have been sure how to deal with them at all. "She showed no signs of that sort of behavior, even after being faced with a massive goblin horde on her first day out. She'll be just fine," he spoke between sips of tea. It was then that Sibylla mentioned the amount of time they'd been gone. The dungeon they entered obviously had some issues related to time, so he wondered how long they were actually travelling inside it. All in all, it was somewhat good to have some confirmation at last. As for Asher, though... "It wasn't that he was disagreeable. It was more... he became a little adventurous. The dungeon had a very strange time loop around it, and a lot of traps that only he was able to get around with his light-based abilities. In one of those situations, he disappeared entirely. We were separated for a while after that, but we ended up running into him just outside the treasure room, after he conveniently helped us get there with that staff he picked up."

Sibylla absently enjoyed a teacake as Dior confirmed that their newest female addition didn't have any hangups concerning men. What was more, she seemed even content enough to face goblin hordes which by far said a lot about that young woman's character. There were more hardened female members of the Magic Knights who couldn't handle goblins. She wasn't among them, but completely understood how unnerving goblins could be for women, and the horror stories surrounding them and the unwary within dungeons were the things nightmares were made of. "Any woman who can stand before goblins and not back down is worthy of admiration," she agreed with the assessment. "I'm glad, she seems like she will fit in just fine." At the conclusion of this statement was the information about Asher's behavior within the dungeon, which apparently included a bit of adventure. Sibylla's eyes widened at this news, because she could only imagine the amount of distraught the boy disappearing from sight would cause herself or any of her other younger brothers. "Sou ka... I bet that was a bit more stressful than you would have liked. But good came from it, he brought a staff and helped you two navigate the rest of the way through the dungeon. I assume the staff is powerful," she summarized. She was more than used to her younger siblings causing her to worry. "Also... I'd say it's just your turn to experience the nerve wracking complexity of a younger sibling doing something on their own without you expecting it," she commented. She'd been through this quite a few times herself, Dior was also a bit more adventurous in his first outings than she would have liked. "Oh and you got to see their magics in action? What kind of capabilities do they have? I didn't get to see a wide range from their spells, nor any of Junon's to begin with, aside from knowing that she uses wind magic and has a 4 leaf clover grimoire," she mentioned questioning the actual abilities of the children.

"True. After the first wave, I gave her an opportunity to turn back. She had no intentions of doing that, and Asher... well, that's when she ended up with his cloak." Content to continue sharing the tale of their journey with the Captain, Dior further relaxed into his chair over time. She was understanding of the occurrences, at least more so than he expected upon mentioning their brother's sudden disappearance. What's more, she was rather invested in finding out what they were generally capable of. Time would see that Dior's tale reached these topics to give proper answers. "They were like veterans out there. Not just in their individual abilities, but they showed signs of a team that compliments each other incredibly well. If I didn't know any better, I'd say they've worked together before for a very long time. As nerve-wracking as it was when Asher disappeared, and as useless as I was for the duration of that dungeon, it was worth it to be able to see those two in action. Asher's light magic is fast and precise, and he gained some connection to the sprites that were floating around the dungeon through that staff he brought back. Junon's wind is widespread and versatile, and now seems to have the added power of a spirit behind it. Frankly, I'd already rather have them at my side than the elites."

As Dior continued to explain the happenings of the Dungeon he and a set of completely new people had been sent to clear, Sibylla found herself listening to the exploits and gaining a fuller picture of the personalities and skills of everyone involved. "Sou ka, both of them strong-willed then, but compassionate. I like that..." she said of the duo of youngsters. Of course, she knew a bit about both of them but not enough to have formed these opinions without a bit more insight. The progress that Dior spoke of, made this woman's eyes widen. It wasn't often that the younger brother before her didn't feel useful in an endeavor. For him to say he was almost unnecessary to the pair while they were out was somewhat stunning. "Sou ka, you went with them, and would again just to watch... I didn't expect them to start with that much skill. It is strange, I usually choose people who are elite in their own right, but I never usually get this lucky," she mentioned thinking about it more. "If you say you'd rather have the pair of them than elites, I believe you, still though it is rather shocking, when I sent them off with you it was their first day doing anything resembling Magic Knight duties. I feel like the pair of them will be making a rather large mark on this place, and will likely earn their way up at an exponential rate. I didn't expect the mention of spirits or sprites, I suppose I'll busy myself in the library and that the Magic Emperor will question all of that himself," she summarized. This was a plethora of information to take in but she seemed to do so well enough. She felt rather good about her choices, but though she didn't voice it she did have one concern with what she was told. 'They work together like a veteran team, but I know for a fact that until she arrived in a Royal Capital, Junon lived in the Witches' Forest. And given that I couldn't find him, I can also make the assumption Asher has always lived within Hage Village. I am not sure how to feel about that information. But if they work well together I won't break them up.' she thought absently.

"Sou desu, that is quite a tale. I am excited for them... I'll leave them paired up for now. If they work well together there is no need for me to interfere..." she said in a manner befitting her sisterly disposition. "Arigatou Gozaimasu, Dior, for seeing them through. Even if you weren't directly much use to them, your insight into them is beneficial to me. Anything else about them I should be aware of before they end up in regular rotations?"

Having brought his story to its conclusion, Dior returned to sipping from his cup of tea. Sibylla was a bit less overbearing in how she accepted the given information than he expected, given her apparent similarities to their mother. Still, at the end of the day, she was a Captain of the Magic Knights, and her ability to act as a leader spoke for itself in situations such as this. Moving on, he couldn't argue the likelihood of the Magic Emperor wanting to ask questions of his own. There was no way that man could hear about two new mages with four-leaf clover grimoires picking up the ability to use spirit magic. This idea was given extra credence when considering that this was their first day as Magic Knights, and that they had cleared the dungeon by themselves. He sipped once more while considering this, pausing to speak only when asked if there was anything else. "There is... one last thing. The spirit that bonded with Junon is probably the most substantial thing to be taken out of a dungeon in a long time, but... That staff Asher has. It seems to be connected to the very same magic that birthed that dungeon."

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast