Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sosshi Village

Dior did indeed feel like he was very useless as one who would be able to help these new Magic Knights, but perhaps his time would come. Whether it did or not though, he would surely be seeing more amazing things from this pair of people, who had together already managed to accomplish something which should have taken someone closer to his caliber. "Well... I suppose that counts plenty toward proving yourselves. Good work, you two," he said as Junon descended. Asher was on the lookout at this point. There were still goblins that had yet to come into range by the time of their combined efforts, but they would still not pose any immediate threat. "Yours is great too! I was hoping you had something with that kind of clearance."

Dior cleared his throat, noting the obvious uncomfortable state Junon was in. This was to be expected, though. He knew exactly what could have happened with the goblin encounter, and what could still happen if any remaining goblins in the dungeon had the right opportunity. "Are you comfortable moving forward? Goblins are a menace; I won't judge you if you want to turn back and avoid further encounters."

It seemed they were to be congratulated on their combined efforts, and such acknowledgement caused a nod from Junon. Though people were always clamoring around her, claiming her to be amazing, it was good for her to have moments where she'd actually done something to be worthy of praise. "Arigatou, Silva-senpai..." she managed some of the sting of her discomfort with this situation starting to disappear. Of course, Asher was also seemingly excited by the amount of clearance that Junon had managed with the use of her spells. "Hai, we're a pretty good team," she acknowledged. Their combined uses of magic had created a large gap in the Goblins but they still weren't finished yet.

There was another matter though and that was the obvious and general discomfort that encountering such creatures should cause any female person. And of course, Junon had already considered that this Dungeon could be plagued with them and she might not get as lucky to face weaker ones as she had just now. There was a deep seated fear that something irreparably negative to happen while she was here, and surprisingly enough (or maybe not very surprising at all) Dior commented upon this. Giving the girl and out and being understanding of the situation. "Ano..." she thought about it for a few seconds, searching her conscience for the proper answer. "I don't want to turn back at all. I became a Magic Knight because I wanted to experience new things... I can't expect everything to make me feel comfortable," she said with a nod, her resolve would come in a shining moment next. "But I also wouldn't want to put anyone else through this either. If a lack of cowardice in this moment will help protect others, I can shoulder this burden for them." Junon wished to see the world and experience what it had to offer. If she could help preserve the comforts of others while she did this, she'd sacrifice herself for it, such was her nature besides her obvious free-spirited disposition.

"Hai," Asher agreed. If what they had just done was to be an indicator of their ability to work as a team, there was much greatness to be expected in the near and distant future. Access to that teamwork, though, was in question the moment Dior offered Junon a chance to turn away from the situation she was in from the moment they set foot in this dungeon. The girl's resolve was strong when she accepted the conditions of the dungeon, and Asher followed suit. "I agree. The quicker we clear this dungeon and make it go away, the quicker we make sure nobody else has to deal with at least the things in this dungeon. We'll just have to keep an eye out so nothing bad happens," he said, understanding what the goblins were intending, and frankly - given Junon's appearance and general ensemble choices - why they would be so adamant as to ignore the male threats to them and the dungeon. Since he was still wearing the large cloak he'd donned before the entrance exam, Asher decided to rid himself of it and hold the article out for Junon, simultaneously revealing something Dior recognized beyond a shadow of a doubt: a pair of triple-feathered accessories complimenting the boy's hair on either side of his face, previously masked by the cloak's slightly risen hood. "Here. If you put this on, you might not be able to move as well, but... maybe it'll help?"

Dior could not be more satisfied with these two as recruits. "Definitely Silver Eagles. No ifs, ands, or buts. Let's go, before the rest of that horde catches up." The leader of this little entourage stepped forward, but lagged his pace just enough to allow Junon to take the lead whether she took Asher's cloak or not. Even if she had the willpower to endure this, he imagined traumatizing would be an understatement for whatever happened if the goblins got to her, so he thought it best to bring up the rear henceforth. Besides, these two youngsters had already proven themselves capable of handling anything that came their way with the ability of a seasoned Magic Knight.

It was put forth by Asher that Junon's resolve to finish this Dungeon was matched by him at least. They seemed to share a wavelength about finishing it up for the good of others even over their own supposed comfort. Of course, Asher took this a step beyond the norm, offering the lass his cloak and as such disrobing himself partially in an aim to help her out. He figured her attire was for her freedom of movement and it was, but such an offer outright warmed her heart. "Hai hai, arigatou gozaimasu, Asher-kun. I'll take this and don't worry, I don't necessarily need to move to get the best use out of my magic," she said knowing this to be the truth because she was a witch and understood how magic worked and flowed on a primal level. A few seconds of downtime would see the girl covered for the rest of their journey through the dungeon and she took up the middle between the two brothers as they moved. Her general idea to provide ranged support in the form of wind based attacks to either who found themselves in need of it.

With all of this taken care of, there was a comment by Dior that these two were indeed the kinds of individuals suited to be part of the Silver Eagles. It seemed however short their time was together, he'd seen something he liked in this duo. A smile came to Junon's face as she nodded her head. "Hai, arigatou gozaimasu, Silva-senpai~" she seemed bemused, but was able to control herself enough to fall in line behind Asher. She'd prepare to use wind based bullets which seemed to hover in the air around them, controlled by the tips of each of her fingers, which she would use to lash out at any approaching goblins while they made their way through to the next area. This would happen fairly regularly even without the Goblins fully recognizing where the threat was coming from. Now would be the time that one would get to see what the teamwork of these two teens was actually like.

"Good. I'll have a little more control over my spells, though, so I'll be able to provide more support." Asher moved forward with the others, eventually finding himself at the front of the line. Dior had expected Junon to be ahead of both males, but now that he thought more about his own positioning and the others' magical abilities, he realized this would likely work out better. As they passed through the dungeon, Asher remained ever at the ready. Goblins continued to assault them as they made their way, but Junon's wind bullets blasted them as they came. It seemed the roles would be inverted from their previous example of teamwork. Dior took note of every goblin struck by wind, crashing against the walls of the corridors they traversed, before ultimately being impaled by a varying number of light shards. Over time, the halls deeper within the dungeon began to look like more gruesome versions of the entry hall. During this leg of the journey, Asher revealed exactly what he meant when stating he now had more control over his spells. His arms were outstretched, moving with every shard to guide them to their target with greater speed and accuracy than what was previously seen, though these traits were in no way lacking before. Eventually though, one of the corridors opened into a large, circular room with a chandelier-lit ceiling... where the floor should be. Gravity was also inverted and simultaneously lacking in this room, resulting in Asher floating slowly toward the upward - and spiked - floor. "Hmm..."

Junon and Asher's organization and plan of attack might have seemed opposite to what Dior had thought they should do, but it seemed to work out for the better. As none were ever touched nor did any seem to escape the massacre that what this duo moving through the Dungeon. All seemed to be going well as they littered the corridors with the bodies of various Goblins. Junon herself took note of the extreme level of control which Asher demonstrated. "Sugoi!" she mentioned absently at the flecks of light used to help eviscerate all of the creatures they encountered for a large duration of time. Of course, the fact that the two so efficiently dispatched their own challenges meant that Dior himself was left merely to observe what they did. Upon entering the room with the inverted gravity Junon as well began to float upwards managing only to orient herself by looking for the winds around her person. The balls of air she'd previously been using to kill Goblins were shifted into large stepping stones, one of which she landed upon and stuck to as the wind of the ball seemed to suck her towards it. "Ano, if we bounce between these, we should be able to head..." her eyes shifted around the room looking for the next large source of mana they should be approaching. "There..." she mentioned pointing a finger towards the only door on the other side of the room which happened to be upside and aligned with the spiked floor while not also being spiked itself. In order to help Asher out on this journey a ball of air would appear under him as well to help him orient himself towards the path she'd made for herself, as well as keeping him from sinking toward that spiked ceiling/floor or whatever it technically was.

Asher kept his eyes trained on the spiked floor as he floated toward it, but Junon seemed to be formulating some sort of escape plan involving another route with high mana density. He felt something was strange, though. Deciding to follow his gut instinct, he gambled a bit by flying around the wind sphere Junon put beneath him to clear its path. He didn't need a hand in balancing himself anyway, and he planned on doing something a bit... different. In the meantime, Dior assumed it was the general consensus that Junon's plan would be followed. Both of the others seemed to have greater mana perception than himself, after all. He followed the guided path to where Junon claimed their course should take them, while Asher fell behind and continued moving toward the spikes. 'The mana is stronger over there, but... I wonder...' he thought as he stopped himself from moving just above the spikes.

The additional corridor discovered by Junon was spike-free indeed. On the other hand, the shadows that darkened as the path continued managed to achieve such a pitch black state for one reason alone: the darkness harbored a far greater goblin threat than this group had experienced thus far. The horde down this path were of a greater size than the norm, larger even than humans. Beyond that, they were quite muscular, and came equipped with anti-magic armor segments and magic weapons such as spiked clubs, hook swords, claws, etc.

As Junon began to follow her own path she noted that Asher didn't seem as keen to take the same route. It made her a bit more cautious than the norm, especially considering what she knew to be inhabiting this particular dungeon. Even so... there was also the matter of the excruciating darkness which lived within that corridor and as such she didn't immediately to go through. Asher hadn't taken her help either, and though she liked to do what she wanted, she wouldn't ignore obvious signs especially by one so talented. "Hm, you don't seem to want to go in there. That makes me not want to go in there, though I am pretty sure the room we are looking for is past that corridor," she said getting a rather ominous feeling as she stopped two wind hops before the door, stopping the path of Dior as well. "What do you want to do?" she asked aloud, mostly of Asher but technically of Dior as well, given he was their senior and had more experience. The way she saw it, they either broached the darkness with him in the lead, because reasons. Or they could potentially try and draw out whatever was in there and use the current environment of this room to their advantage in killing them before moving on. That being thought, Junon also knew she could be a bit singular minded and as such didn't want to potentially lead herself or others into unnecessary danger.

The longer Asher thought about the dungeon thus far, the stranger he found this place. He stared at the spikes in front of him for quite some time before turning around to view the chandelier at the other end of the inverted room. When he looked this way, he realized something very interesting. "Hmm..." As he pondered, he looked to Junon, who was of the belief that their goal was down the darkened corridor. Asher focused his senses on that path, and nodded. "I think it's that way too, but... I also think it isn't. I'm not sure..."

"Well, there isn't much to be done. We have to push forward through the trials," Dior interjected. He took his position at the opening to the new corridor, expecting the others to join him in traversing it. Asher, however, looked toward Junon while Dior wasn't looking, and smiled. Another ball of light was produced by the lad, and as he held it out against the black spikes, they disappeared as if they were only shadows. This left holes in their places, which conveniently lined up with the segments of the chandelier. Beams of light spread between the holes and chandelier, and Asher was caught right between them by the magic light. Then, suddenly, he vanished as if he'd been dragged into the light itself...

Dior turned around to view the lad just as he saw the light through his periphery. When he looked and witnessed the disappearance of his brother, his eyes widened. "Asher! What happened!?"

Asher seemed to be in deep thought as Junon posed her question. It would be Dior who answered, claiming that they needed to face their challenges head on. It was rather obvious that the Goblin threat and it's menacing potential was for her, but... Asher seemed to have something else on his mind. Junon watched as he interacted with the spikes atop the floor. And when he exposed them to light they disappeared. This allowed the light from the chandelier to spread easily which moved him an immense speed so that he vanished from this place. The burst of light seemed to catch the attention of Dior who seemed to be distraught at the lad's sudden disappearance. Junon knew all she needed to know about the lad given the peacefulness of his smile before he disappeared. At the question posed to her by Dior she smiled. Staring at the movements of the mana around them which she assumed to be the wind, feeling it thereafter.

"He didn't seem like he was afraid, he used the light and it moved him. You guys are awesome siblings, worrying after him like that... I'm a little jealous," she said calmly. "Don't worry... he's still in the Dungeon," she was able to discern this even through the density of the mana by way of the wind and the warm feeling in her chest. "I think he's just further in maybe he's going to find something cool!" she stated seeming enthused by the idea. She figured the lad as enough like her that his own element didn't hurt him in the least. She had nothing to worry about, except that the lad might find something exceptional before her. "But I am fairly certain since we don't have light magic, the only way we can look for him is facing the Goblins in that corridor, Sliva-senpai," she said with a curt nod.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast