Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Construction Zone

"Moshi moshi!" he said in spite of morning being a few hours prior. This was simply how the man known as Kabuto tended to address others since he slept so frequently. "You've grown a little bit more since your... training session, haven't you?" he said. He wasn't quite sure if she knew, but he had dropped in on the Angels a few times while Chiyo and the Flame King were using the zero gravity chamber, and in truth, he had been quite intrigued by their use of the Zone. This was especially the case with Chiyo, whose Road synergized with his so well.

Chiyo smiled hearing this man greet her as if he'd just woken up. She didn't doubt this to be the case, so she simply nodded her appreciation. With the question about her growth since leaving the no gravity chamber of the Angels she looked a bit surprised. After all, she'd just left that place this morning, but after a few seconds of thought she decided that the Angels seemed fond of their 'weather makers' and that Kabuto had to be included as such. Given this case, she assumed he'd been around while she was training a bit and as such she simply spoke based on that. "Maybe just a little, I just left there this morning." she commented about the Angels place and her 'training'. When she thought about it though, this man had given her a piece of his regalia and thinking about it like that, she felt the need to play with him a bit and learn what he thought his road was like. After all, they seemed to synergize well enough for her to end up with a piece of him, so she figured it would be good to see how he played. "I saw some shit a little while ago that has me pumped!~ You wouldn't want to play would ya'?" she asked a friendly grin on her face.

"I know. The monitor upstairs was still on," he said. Kabuto had, in fact, just been briefly waking up when Kotone went about opening the chamber. He fell asleep shortly afterwards, but he had a measure for how Chiyo was at the end of her training and... other activities. "Are you sure you shouldn't have gone back in after that tuning you received today? You've got a few missed days to make up for, neh?" In spite of his typically lackadaisical nature, Kabuto's experiences drove him to be quite direct when it came to Road and ability development. As such, he was surely prepared to get a bit of exercise here today, if for no other reason than to further the Storm Queen's development and make up for time he knew had been lost by the Flame King. "No worries, though. I can help with that."

The look on Chiyo's face shifted from open friendliness to confusion and then to the slightest bit of embarrassment, because the Thunder King's words registered in her head as him having more than a little bit of knowledge of what she'd been up to in the last few days of her training. Of course after a moment she was able to pull herself together and in typical Chiyo fashion she began riding around the Thunder King her eyes narrowing just a bit. "Fuck! Haku-nii, I knew you were a predator in there, still you surprised me just a bit." she said a smirk coming to her face. To the question of whether or not she should have gone back in she only shrugged. "I could have gone back, but I can't take up all of any one person's time. I'd rather spend a bit of time with everyone and meet somewhere in the middle." she concluded thinking about how much she did or didn't do with the Flame King made her clarify that a bit as well. "And it was only one day I was down, but since you're willing to help me make it up... I can do nothing but accept your kindness~" she chimed. This was something new, that she could look forward to, a new type of thing to learn and dominate and the thought of that made her giddy. "Besides, you can show me something Yoichi can't and I like learning new things." she finished pausing in front of the Thunder King to await the start of this new endeavor.

"I'm no predator, Chiyo-chan," the Thunder King replied as he threw his coat aside. This action revealed the upgraded form of his Regalia beneath. Though the Thunder Regalia retained its status as a body suit, the bulky form it once held was no more. It now encased his legs, his arms up to the elbows, his spine (including a circular wire container with a pair of wing-like extensions) and his neck. There was something far more dangerous about this model; something which would likely become apparent as the reels of his Regalia turned and produced enough electricity to have it stemming from Kabuto's body. "Fair warning... my Road isn't as friendly as I try to be."

The Thunder King seemed content to tell the Storm Queen that he wasn't a predator, she looked at him and grinned showing fangs. But before she could argue this point with him, he removed his coat revealing an updated version of the regalia he'd been wearing when they'd seen each other in her own tower a few months prior to this one. This would cause the girl to shake her head as she looked at this man. "I don't mean that the way most people assume I do." she said staring at this upgrade and preparing for whatever way this lesson was going to go. "Besides... you're definitely not base prey geared up like that!~" the girl chimed as she hopped away from this man he seemed content to warn her that his road wasn't as friendly as he was as a person and she nodded. Of course, Chiyo of all people understood the contradiction between violent roads and the personalities that wielded them, she had many examples of this including herself. "Fuck, I know that... so how are we playing today?~" she asked as she blinked her special eye into existence with all of its points of vision coming into view. Sliding backwards a burst of cold enveloping her feet creating ice crystals as she moved about, though it'd yet to reach the proper temperature to activate.

"I'm sure," he said. Still, his earlier claim was more of a warning than a statement. Though he didn't like to admit it, killing had once been all but second nature to him. For this reason, he developed a habit of only fighting against others like himself. Perhaps this one made the cut after her month-long crash course. A simple test would suffice, as well as provide a reasonable amount of development for the young Storm Queen, should she be capable of figuring out the countermeasures. An electrical pulse spanned outwards from Kabuto's AT suit, spreading across the construction zone. Soon after this, Chiyo would find that any ice she created would form around her ATs or any nearby metal object, and be stuck there instead of keeping to its usual pattern. "To start, you should probably use a trick with this new Road of yours. You haven't had many chances to do that, have you?"

Chiyo thought about the usage of her road since it'd become all ice based. With that in mind, she had to admit that there weren't many tricks she had which survived the kind of play she and the Flame King had done while she was with him in the zero gravity chamber. Her normal tricks; the fangs, the disk bubbles, and the borrowed air shells, survived regardless of their ability to retain their frozen states. But everything else had withered away in the face of the combination of heat and cold. "I'll admit to only having one trick of this road specifically worked out against Yoichi. And it's technically his, so it was the only way I could properly try it." she said of her work, as such she moved this time committing herself to a turn which would make her spin in place on the front wheel of her right AT, this spin would reach maximum speed before stopping and once her other AT touched the ground would begin to create a trail of ice away from her person and towards the Thunder King. Or at least, that was how it was supposed to work. The trick she was thinking of, was similar to her old Cage of Fangs, it was meant to capture another individual and implode from the pressure it caused. But instead of the ice spreading from its start it just stuck there, freezing her ATs to the ground where they met it and causing all residual ice to begin forming up her legs. Such a thing caused the girl's eyes to widen as she looked down at her feet and began revving her wheels more only to have more ice climb up her legs. 'Nani?!' she questioned mentally, but she figured this was a lesson as was the case of most of her interactions with the First Generation. It would take a few moments of quiet contemplation for her to ask but a single question. "Fuck, did you magnetize my ice?"

"Then it's about time you started using the other ones, neh?" Kabuto had learned how Chiyo's ocular ability worked, and more importantly, he knew a few ways to work around such abilities. Luckily, his Road allowed him a certain freedom of immobility if he so chose, so he could simply avoid the sort of high-speed combat that Chiyo would hold an automatic advantage in. He had even managed to put a halt to the girl's tricks, at least for the moment. "Iie. I magnetized everything. Right now, any ice you form has the same polarity as myself and my Regalia, and the opposite polarity of you and your Regalia. It also opposes everything else metal in this area."

The explanation of what had happened made a smile come to the Storm Queen's face. She looked at the Thunder King using her eye and scanning his physical form and she found him to be odd to take in. His numbers denoted a great deal of physical strength but not in the way one would expect from a tall but not truly muscular person. Beyond that it seemed that his height hadn't reached its maximum potential yet it appeared to be locked in, such a thought made her frown as she realized his growth was stunted for some reason. "You're shorter than you could be." she said aloud seeming to not realize the thought had slipped out of her mouth. His muscle quality was strange to her and that made her think about why while she tried to think of the proper method for regaining her combat abilities.

'He changed the magnetism of everything so that anything I do will stick to me. Ice I create can't touch him presently and it's making me stick to the ground, which is a bit annoying.' she finished the thought her eyes narrowing as she considered she didn't really like the idea of being grounded not by her own choice. All the while the ice forming from her ATs kept coming and kept moving up her legs but if she was cold nothing about her countenance showed it. 'I have his old regalia cores, so I can probably reverse it... at least in the creation of the ice. Though, if I make it a bit lighter...' she looked down at the ice that had made its way to her thighs and grinned, it was strange but she didn't really feel it, perhaps she could use this but not right now. She shifted from her hips changing the way she balanced on the inner edge of her ridiculously sharp wheels, such a movement shattered the ice up her legs while she created smaller fluffier crystals which were able to shift their polarity by use of the dynamos present within her regalia. Her eyes were on the tiny ice shards her focus magnifying them and as soon as she noticed the change of the crystals turning slightly taking place, she moved. Nearly instantaneously she shifted backwards, her entire form and turned into a spin which would lead to a restart of her previous trick. There was no warning of this motion she simply did it, intending to spread the lighter fallen crystals across the ground and once they were under the Thunder King cause a spread much akin to a 6 pointed snowflake which would pulse causing the creation of an eruption of stronger ice in the face of the opposite polarity. It would stick to the man if he was caught, freezing where it made contact with his person.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast