Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Construction Zone

Of all the things Chiyo could have said, she chose to comment on his height compared to the growth he could have achieved. "Hai. I was quite young when our tower was destroyed, and my Regalia weighed a little over 100 kilos. I eventually learned to use magnetism to do something about the weight, but I had already stunted a growth spurt by then." It didn't take long after this short exchange before Chiyo figured out a way around his electric field. Her use of his original Regalia cores was spot-on in application to her own tricks, and if nothing else, Kabuto could say he was proud of this quick development. A smile was on the Thunder King's face, yet the success of her trick did not equate to the success of her attack on him. The crystals approached, but all dissipated within a radius of precisely one meter from his body. This was due to the presence of another electromagnetic barrier which had a constant and rapidly shifting polarity. Anything reaching said barrier would be both attracted and repelled repeatedly, resulting in the ripping apart of all things with any level of magnetic properties which encroached upon the Thunder King's person. "That's too small... Sumimasen. I've managed to develop countermeasures against all but a few Roads."

Chiyo soon received an explanation of the stunted growth of the Thunder King and this explanation made sense, but she realized then that she hadn't meant to state that observation. "Gomen, I didn't mean to say that aloud." she said of the height comment. Beyond this her attack had done what she intended and helped her overcome a new stationary problem, but now she was faced with an opponent she still couldn't touch by virtue of their likeness and use of similar principles. It seemed that the Thunder King had developed many countermeasures over the course of this lifetime. This at least made sense, she'd also accounted for her own shortcomings as a rider. Beyond this she had to think of why her attack didn't go through and figure out how to fix this problem. "Fuck, I knew it wouldn't be that easy." she said a wide grin crossing her face. The Storm Queen apparently enjoyed a good challenge, it was as if she enjoyed reaching for things higher than herself, if only to make her success and inevitable supremacy that much sweeter to her afterwards. Not that she'd ever admit to such a thing. She moved again, this time concentrating the shifting of the dynamos in her regalia to make sure she would neither stick herself to another surface nor let the crystals of snow she created to anything other than what she wanted them to. And while she thought about her next movement she circled right around the Thunder King.

'Hm... those little snowflakes are a special kind of crystal... there was something there before.'
    she thought as she moved. 'He couldn't have properly tested this against his own road, and if I remember the unit on weather correctly.' she mentally assessed this situation thinking back to her science class in high school and grinned, she had an amazing idea of something that was a fairly rare phenomenon in nature but that she could likely pull off with the help of her ATs. She sped up then, circling around the Thunder King until she rotated her body shifting her axis a couple of times and even jumping over head, all of these motions and their accompanying kicks and twirls were created to make the soft snow, and then force those crystalline pieces to collide with each other until there was a build up and then a rather sudden discharge of electricity right over head, and it was freezing cold by her own approximation not that it bothered the Storm Queen. Such a strike would rain down on the barrier around the Thunder King aiming to pierce his barrier with a singular very powerful strike.

"Iie. I don't mind at all," the young man said as if to brush off the Storm Queen's comment. He then awaited her next move, figuring she would come at him with a trick large enough to engulf him and the barrier he kept in place. Much to his surprise, though, she went an entirely different route. Kabuto's eyes widened as he watched the separation of ice overhead, and the subsequent collision of those very same pieces. 'But that's...' He couldn't even finish his thought. Before the time came, there was a bolt of lightning slipping through his defenses and striking his body directly, and it was very, very real. Luckily for Kabuto, though, one of his more recent upgrades included the ability of his Regalia to absorb even natural lightning such as this... and this newest development took it a step or two further. The extreme charge afforded to his suit forced his Regalia into its active state, which involved the wing tips of his spine attachment swiveling upwards to form a dual-tipped lightning rod on his back. The electricity his suit now produced came in gratuitous amounts even when compared to his original outlet. "Sugoi, sugoi! Good thing that couldn't kill me, eh?"

All of Kabuto's Road abilities were now capable of operating at absolute maximum efficiency, and this would be seen immediately. Metal support beams, vehicles, the wrecking ball in the ground, and even the ground itself quickly became affected by his magnetic forces. All of these things seemed to dissolve as small portions of iron were taken from them en masse. This "iron sand" collected around Kabuto, forming to his Regalia (even the horns) to create a full armor suit complete with huge coil horns and six scorpion leg-like extremities to be manipulated at the Thunder King's will. "Rising Road Secret True Form: Magnet Mail." In this state, Kabuto passively exuded magnetic forces which he seemed to have some difficulty controlling at the moment. In fact, this was a very new form for him; one he was previously incapable of achieving due to the hulking Regalia he once wore. There would surely be some adjusting required to master this.

It seemed the Thunder King didn't mind the random things said by the Storm Queen and dismissed her apology post haste. Beyond that, there was the matter of the lightning bolt she'd created through the snow, which did make contact with its intended target and had an interesting effect on the young man before her. She saw the forced activation of his regalia as he praised her for her new trick and she simply accepted this with a cocky grin as she circled around Kabuto and look in this odd looking form his updated regalia took as it also took iron sand in. "I was counting on the fact that I'd seen you take a pretty large strike before... the easiest way to do something about that barrier would be to use the Fuckface's trick... which is a sexy little ice laser when I do it, but... I thought it best to try something new." she said with a nod. This secret form though made a wide grin come to the girl's face. "Fuck, I don't know what to call that, but it's fucking awesome looking." she said appreciating this development from her varied points of vision. "Angels really are magical beings."

"Wait..." the man said, taking pause in a moment of surprise that would become obvious thanks to the widening of his eyes. "That was a gamble!? Yare yare daze..." As he inspected his new craft, he decided it was not quite necessary to wield these additional extremities. A bit of focus allowed him to disperse specifically these extras while retaining the armor itself. The remnants of Iron Sand seemed to remain in a scattered dome one meter around him, where the original barrier was. "This isn't from them... though the new model makes me able to finally use it."

"Fuck, gamble is a strong word." the Storm Queen mentioned. While it was true she wasn't sure if he'd be able to absorb the lightning strike or not, by her own approximation and with her knowledge of his body and his road, she'd been able to rely on the fact that even if the strike overloaded his suit, it wouldn't kill him instantly. "It was a calculated risk, by my own approximation it shouldn't have killed you even if it incapacitated you. Your muscle structure is quite dense, it would have saved you even if your gear failed." she said with a nod, the Storm Queen had done a lot of thinking in just a couple of seconds while deciding on the trick she'd use to overcome him. Still she was a bit apologetic, it was a horrible thing to try a trick out on someone without knowing exactly what the outcome would be. "Gomen... I don't generally test new tricks out on people I like." she said and she truly was apologetic, she wouldn't have wanted to try that against anyone else, because the likelihood of a different person surviving a lightning strike was much lower than she'd like to admit. More than that it was stated by this man that the form he was presently boosting wasn't a gift from the Angels, but instead made possible by their most recent upgrade and something he'd already had. She thought about it for a second and made a conclusion. "Sou ka, something like that has to weigh a shit ton, huh? That explains it..." she said connecting the overly heavy regalia of the Thunder King with the data in her head that related to his muscles and fitness. "What's next?"

It seemed Chiyo's trick was not as much of a gamble as the Thunder King initially thought. Of course, that didn't matter much at this point, as he was simply elated to be giving this form of his a proper test run for the first time. Above his coiled horns, the iron sand he manipulated began to accumulate, eventually crafting two giant spearheads kept floating by magnetism alone. "The old Thunder Set was heavy enough already. The sand doesn't add much weight, but it was very noticeable before I got this... Helix. Anyway..." Needless to say, Kabuto had no more words to share for the moment. Instead of offering more speech, he instead send the spear to his left toward Chiyo by forcing its polarity to oppose his own, giving it quite the initial speed boost. "I don't know what's next, but... what other cores do you have?"

It seemed that the Thunder King had issues with getting himself properly geared and situated to use it before this moment. She understood the happiness he had to be feeling at this moment, as she'd recently experienced it herself. As such she could only nod at his initial statement while watching his movements and thinking on things she could potentially do while they played together here. Soon enough the Thunder King had created a couple of large spears one of which was sent rocketing in the Storm Queen's direction, she watched it intently shifting her weight only to hop up and in a second she'd be seen grinding to a halt atop this sand made object irrespective of whether it came to a stop or simply fell apart. If it continued to move she'd be seen posed on it as if thinking a hand under her chin as she tried to name the cores of the different things that were presently a part of her regalia. "Fuck, well, my original whole one is in there, Fuckface's from the Original Horn Regalia." she said now counting on her fingers to make sure she got them all. "I have the cores from our generation's Gem King, the one's you gave me from Thunder Set." she said and then came the last two pieces one of which she'd had for a while and the other of which she'd gotten only today. "For my birthday Shoichi gave me some from the Sky Regalia, and then today... he gave me the cores from Bagram Strike." she said as she spun her wheels creating ice which would encase the spear she rode upon hardening it while leaving it magnetized for the control of the Thunder King. All the while, the weather was changing around them. Chiyo's play, even without activating her regalia was lowering the temperature in the area, creating a low pressure system in the heat beginning a phenomenon which didn't normally occur so far inland.

"Sou ka..." he replied. After receiving the list of cores which made Chiyo's version of the Storm Regalia, he thought of their individual and collective uses. "Water, cooling mechanism, bonding mechanism, impact tool, means of range, and..." He stopped there, having his eyes widen when he came to realize that this Storm Regalia contained a portion of its generation's Sky Regalia. He understood in this moment what significance such an addition had, and how it would one day impact quite literally everything about this set of Gravity Children. "Yare yare. You two are very interesting." With another movement of his hand, Kabuto dispersed the iron sand spear he had previously sent toward Chiyo, having it collect with the rest around him. "Alright, I'm sold. I'd like to see what you're like in the Zone, if that's alright. You can use whichever trigger you think is strongest."

The Thunder King received the list and seemed to come up with the associated bits for each piece involved. She knew most of these things and had come up with the same bits and pieces, of course, she didn't know what role the piece of the Sky Regalia had to play in this particular set up, it'd been given to her way earlier and she hadn't considered what its actual use was. Whatever, Kabuto came up with, he wasn't sharing this information. And it made the young Storm Queen's eyes narrow as she looked at him, she didn't like being left out of things and this was the second time today someone had mentioned that she and the Sky King were interesting in this context. "Fuck, you're the second person today to say that sentence like that... and I am not sure what it means. But I also assume you aren't actually going to tell me so fuck all." she said fully acknowledging that she wasn't likely to get an explanation of this information. But if it happened a third time, she would likely be triggered into throwing a fit about it, because she was simply that sort of person.

The spear she'd been riding about on, seemed to disappear and was collected by the Thunder King who stated that he'd like to face the girl in the Zone. She looked at him blankly those tomoe in her eyes seeming to shift slightly and then just like clock work she began to circle the Thunder King. She heard his sentence and even the tell of her to use whichever trigger she thought was stronger, but there was something about this sentence that didn't really fit with what she'd seen from the Thunder King previously. While she looked at him and circled she came to a conclusion. "Ya' know, you told me before you weren't a predator, and I think you're right about that." she said as she passed him, once. "You're a prey animal with good defense and that makes you dangerous to predators. I figured out what kind of prey you are." she stated a grin on her face that was just shy of malicious.

"Jellyfish~" she said her eyes closed then and she stood in front of that metaphorical door it would be a moments decision on how she felt at present which would decide which method she used to enter the Zone, and for the sake of avoiding the dangerous situation that was a predator contending with prey that had defenses she decided to go with the one that allowed her to think about more than just killing. She'd force the doors she stood before open and dive in quite deep with all her faculties about her. Even so it came with the same threat she always had when she was fully serious about something. "Kamikorose!" she opened her eyes with purple lightning striking from the corners.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast