Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Construction Zone

Kabuto didn't expect to hear that he was the second person speaking of Chiyo and her generation's Sky King in this manner, but the information didn't quite surprise him. It was a fairly reasonable conclusion for one who could see and understand the purpose of the Sky Regalia fragment, so the first to note this was likely the one responsible for the young woman's most recent tuning. Moving right along, it seemed Chiyo intended to label him as some sort of prey animal; something he didn't quite agree with, but it was far too late to worry about such trivial matters. "Jellyfish? Yare yare daze," he said. Feeling Chiyo step into the Zone, he rolled his shoulders and cracked his neck. She was rather deep into the Zone from the moment of entry, and interestingly enough, he found this to be a level he could enjoy for a bit. With his next breath, the Thunder King seemed to absorb ambient electrical charges from the surrounding area through his horns. There was so much being collected in this moment, that it seemed as if he were being struck by many bolts of lightning in unison. "Ikuze."

"Hai!" the Ice Queen mentioned of the jellyfish thing. She'd fully explain herself at some point, but right at the moment, it seemed that the Thunder King was ready to play, though he'd not yet entered the Zone himself, she figured there was a reason for this and questioned it no further. She chose this moment to finally break from her circling pattern shifting out in front of the Thunder King, as Kabuto absorbed more electricity from where he stood. She was watching taking in all the information she needed in the second before her body shifted into a backflip as she tightened her left leg. Upon the release of this muscle she created a large horizontal fang which seemed to have wisps of hardened ice along its edges. This was a fast attack done simply to test the waters as she observed the reaction to it. All the while the clouds overhead had built and begun darkening.

In previous moments, the Storm Queen had been circling the man called Kabuto, but she abandoned this routine rather quickly when going on the offensive. The movement of the girl's leg implied the coming attack, but Kabuto didn't seem willing to react at all. Chiyo's fang was still, however, snuffed out by a blockade of iron sand which moved between Kabuto and the projectile, though this didn't seem to be of the Thunder King's conscious doing. In fact, it wasn't an effort of the young man at all. "Sugoi~" he said, seeming somewhat enthused by his own creation as if he'd never witnessed it before.

Chiyo was looking for a reaction which would give her some sort of idea of what to do about the Thunder King. She wasn't overly concerned with winning in this case, she was more interested in seeing how someone else fought. Her experiences against the previous generation up to this point were limited by apparent disadvantages and 'learning' but now she had the opportunity to see what someone else was capable of. And he did an interesting job of showing her something she'd never seen before. In fact the small girl was so stunned she came to a complete stop before the Thunder King as he expressed his shock, her own eyes were rather wide as she'd been staring in the first place. She'd gotten a magnified look at the sand and at the man's body. "Fuck, I thought I was mistaken, you didn't do that yourself. That's just fucking awesome!~" she said this was after all quite a stunning thing to see. It wasn't often she got to see something inanimate save someone from harm, still she couldn't help but take it as a challenge. "You've never properly tested this out before huh? I'm not usually the one who gets to see new things first..." she thought about it and found it to be an odd bit of role reversal. Still she then really wanted to see how much could be reacted to so she dashed off again, soon enough her body would spin launching a flurry of frozen disk bubbles at the young man which were all about the size of golf balls. This would then be followed by a swift kick of her right leg which would fire a laser of ice into those bubbles causing their explosion at various ranges close Thunder King's barrier. She was testing its size and reaction time and as such this attack was much more wide spread, and almost completely encircled him. Yet there was still no activation of her regalia and though she was still deep in the Zone she seemed to be more interested in finding out what the Thunder King had going on with his iron sand.

"No, I didn't," Kabuto said with a smile on his face. He had a theory of how the iron sand around him would function, but with Chiyo's most recent attack, he was able to form a proper conclusion. "The magnetic field was disturbed, so in its attempt to return to its normal state, the iron sand inside was pulled toward the point of disturbance. Then, because of the iron's constant movement during that moment, it grinds away at whatever caused the displacement. I've never used this form long enough to see if that worked or not." The Thunder King was quite elated to have seen this work out for the first time, but there was something that required his immediate attention. Chiyo was soon firing ice disks toward him, and, though they did not pass his barrier, it seemed that was not the original intention. A laser followed, both engulfing the man, and triggering the explosions of the earlier disks around his defensive zone. The beam and explosions engulfed the man and the iron sand around him, but as it was dissipating, spikes of the iron sand erupted from the Thunder King's location, stemming from what appeared to be a sphere of iron around him. These spikes continued to expand in all directions, threatening to impale the Storm Queen as well if she didn't manage to maneuver around them.

The Thunder King seemed to have a reasonable explanation for what was occuring with the barrier made of iron sand. Upon hearing it, Chiyo nodded her agreement, what she understood of the information scientifically meant that she could understand at least the simpler parts of said explanation and it all seemed okay with her. She couldn't imagine having such a self-sustaining barrier at her own disposal and felt inclined to try and make one of her own at some point. She remembered having a trick that would be a suitable base for such a thing. But that was not what was important right now. The chain reaction and explosion she'd set off while thinking had apparently caused an interesting and different reaction from the Thunder King's area of influence. Her eyes were darting around as the iron sand began to move, and she soon found herself moving on impulse out of the way of the wall of coming spikes. Surprisingly enough her reaction speed and body placement were so precise that she was missed by all of the spikes, simply by pushing her body away from the area at top speed, only to have the final spike stop right before her nose as she stopped again. "Holy fuck, that was close and fun." she said but such a statement was only followed by the laughter of the Storm Queen, she had to appreciate the abilities of the Thunder King and held a great deal of respect for him. Beyond that, it was fun playing with him in the manner they were currently doing so. "So, that is one hell of a defense ya' got there... luckily enough I don't think of you as a meal or this would be really hard work." she commented. But her movements in the moment that she'd escaped pushed her limits quite a bit, her own reaction times were far beyond the norm, and that reaction seemed to exceed even her own expectations. "How long can you keep that up?" she asked curiously enough. She wondered if the barrier itself or its maneuvering were hard for the Thunder King.

"I'm not entirely sure," the man said as the solid dome around him dissipated to reveal that it had taken the iron sand armor from around his body as well. As he continued speaking, the armor returned to him. "By my approximation, a few minutes without moving or consciously re-strengthening the magnetic field. Mind you, there's also the potential pulverization of the iron particles themselves. There are a lot of variables... but, thus far, this defense has been working solely on the existing field alone, which is sustained by this form." As if to emphasize his point of the iron sand's potential limitlessness, Kabuto went about absorbing the static from the surrounding area again, fueling the magnetic field around him. In doing this, he also began to produce arcs of electricity in the area where spikes of iron sand were previously, as if to hinder the Storm Queen's future movements by forcing evasions henceforth.

Chiyo heard out what the Thunder King had to say about his defense which was apparently sustained by its own magnetic field. Such a thing was amazing and made a fanged grin come to the girl's face as her head shifted slightly for her to take in the shifting lightning which denoted the full range of Kabuto's influence. "Sugoi!~" she said seemingly excited by this new development, though she didn't much like the idea of being trapped. Mentally being backed into a corner like this would allow her to do something she hadn't done in the entire month she'd been alone with the Flame King and even beyond that point as well. "That's amazing, Haku-nii. Since you showed me something new, how about I do the same huh?" she said as she hopped backwards and her regalia began to shift forms without needing to meet any specific conditions. This time the boots seemed to shift as all the mechanisms came together. Pieces began inching up her legs past even the cargo shorts she'd been wearing shredding them to pieces as the regalia itself came to brace around her legs all the way up leaving only a two inch gap of thigh at the top. Her wheels converged into spikes leaving her to hover some three or four inches off the ground and large bladed wing spikes seemed to be attached along her heel and ankle fanning out in a fashion that she'd only seen on one person prior to this. 'Nani!? He gave me his wings?' she thought seemingly stunned by this development. Aside from that her activated regalia felt lovely on her legs, there was no pain or strain. And beyond that it made her immediately test this new feeling. She began moving upward, using her enhanced vision and reflexes to move around lightning on her way up and out of the impending trap every movement causing denser clouds and chillier temperatures which had already begun to spread rapidly from her. It wouldn't be long before peak temperature was reached and the snow began to fall.

"I'd love to see~" was Kabuto's response. He rather enjoyed watching the development of his two friends in the second generation of Gravity Children, and Chiyo's progress now reminded him of the early days in which he knew the Thunder Queen, Mikasa. However, there was a slight problem. Chiyo had been in the Zone all along, and Kabuto was more than capable of handling himself with an active Regalia and his secondary Road, but with the Storm Queen also activating her Regalia, he became a bit more concerned for the immediate future of this play session. "Yare yare daze," he said. If he couldn't maintain against this, he'd be forced into the Zone himself, but that was something Kabuto did not want happening. So, he fought against the urge to do so, bringing his excess Iron Sand back into the armor and reforming the extremities he initially had upon activating his Regalia. "I didn't think this was what you meant. I hope you're not trying to bait me into the Zone with you. I can't do that."

Chiyo had moved through the lightning and was appreciating the feeling of her new regalia when the Thunder King had said he was fine with her showing him something else. Apparently what she'd chosen to show him wasn't at all what he'd had in mind though, as he assumed that she'd been trying to bait him into the Zone with her. A smirk came to the Storm Queen's face as she thought logically about this and she shrugged. "Fuck, I wasn't really thinking about it like that... well not consciously anyways. I had no reason to activate it before, Yoichi was melting all the ice anyways..." the young woman mentioned as she began circling the young man from her current placement several feet above him, occasionally touching down on the ground and hopping further up, each movement done around lightning arcs as she got a look at the Thunder King. Something about this felt so familiar and yet... it didn't. "This is going to sound strange, but... I feel like I know that you can't or don't want to. I even feel like I know why... but... I don't." she said looking at him from a momentary pause. "Or rather I shouldn't." a cheeky smile came to her face. "You can enter with me or not, it doesn't really matter, I was just thinking... I can make a shit ton of snow like this~ and I really did want to build that snowman last time you offered but it wasn't my turn." she pouted slightly referencing the last time she'd encountered the Thunder King before her broken leg, which had been when her generation's tower had opened. She paused just a second and held out a finger as the snow fall began in earnest from overhead so that she could catch a snowflake on the tip of her finger she had no idea how far out from this area the snow fall would get. But little did she know, it was going on to stretch over the city, and a certain previously unstable weather man was arriving several blocks over to get film footage of the strange weather event.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast