Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka] Residental District

"Yes we are~" said the taller sportier of the brunettes with her brown eyes narrowing slightly. Only to have the lighter brown haired girl smile with her emerald eyes in the Thunder Queen's face. "But so are you~" and just like that the girl group hug dispersed in a fit of giggles which wasn't uncommon amongst these kinds of friends, but likely was never witnessed before this point because of the way Mikasa had been as a small child. Moving right along, both of the others seemed to notice the white haired man with his hands in his pockets and flicked their eyes at him to ask Mikasa a question. The pink haired girl looked in his direction as if she'd forgotten. "Oh! Crap. Sorry. This is Sho-nii. I mean... Takeuchi Shoichi~ We grew up together ya' know?" she asked the pair of them which made the sporty girl nod her understanding of this situation and the other did as well. "Eh, Sho-nii, this is Satomi Sawa~" she said pointing to the sporty friend dressed in shades of green and checker patterns with lively brown eyes to match. "And Shinjinko Hanako~" she said pointing to the girl with the light brown hair and the startling green eyes making introductions between them. "Nice to meet ya'." Sawa said with a gentle tap of her hip towards the Thunder Queen who passed it back as was something they apparently did. "Nice to meet you." said Hanako who was a bit more respectful in her countenance and gave a small bow as per her usual behavior.

"Yoroshi... ku..." Shoichi said, seeming to be very distracted as he looked toward the shorter of these two individuals. He never intended any rudeness from this, but he simply couldn't fathom what he was seeing in the wind around her. If anything, it would look as if he'd seen a travesty unfold before his very eyes; perhaps even as if it were the girl herself causing him distress. His words thereafter, though, were much to the contrary of this. "Hontoni gomen... What happened to you?"

The distracted look on the Sky King's face went mostly unnoticed. It wasn't uncommon to be a bit out of sorts, at least that was always Mikasa's experience with wind riders. But... his sentence following the meeting of the two young women who were Mikasa's best friends made the pink haired girl's eyes go wide. "Sho-nii!" she said defensively seeming to want to protect the smaller of their group. "That isn't something you can just ask." she said. Meanwhile her sporty friend Sawa seemed to be a bit more forgiving and a lot more curious than the Thunder Queen. "I mean... I just want to know how he knew that something happened to her. I mean, it isn't like you'd tell anyone and it isn't like anything looks like it's wrong." she said seeming to be fairly level headed. Meanwhile the girl that was being discussed Hanako looked at the Sky King strangely. His words had come with sympathy and though a bit surprising she didn't seem to have a problem discussing her current condition, though she'd admit to being more than a bit curious. "Hm, it's alright Mika. I don't mind answering his question. It's just strange that he'd ask it." she said before reverting her attention to the white haired man before her.

"I was injured during the last Gram Scale Tournament. I fell from a pretty high distance during a C-class parts war, and I suffered massive muscle and nerve damage. Most of the feeling in my body returned, and I spent a great amount of time in physical therapy, so I could function normally but..."
    there was a pause in the small girl's speech as if it was something she truly regretted. "I can't ride anymore." she clarified. "But... how'd you know that anything was wrong with me." As the girl told her story to the Sky King, Mikasa became increasingly sullen. In fact, she would look almost dead pan, even though she couldn't directly be blamed for what happened to Hanako, she still felt very guilty. And that guilt seemed to be smothering the young Thunder Queen.

"Oro? Why?" he asked of the Thunder Queen, though it seemed the girl in question had no problem giving him an answer. The story she gave him was an intriguing one. She'd been involved in an Air/Jump Parts War, and fallen from one of the platforms. He could understand this. Such was the danger of the Parts War, which manifested from D-Class onward, only becoming more lethal as the ranks rose. However, he seemed to take issue with her mention of not being able to ride anymore. Both she and the other girl seemed curious as to how he figured out her problem, but no answer would come due to how into the present topic he was becoming. "Your doctor told you... you couldn't ride anymore? They were wrong, y'know?"

"Wrong?" the light brown haired girl said seeming to not understand. She'd been thinking about this a lot even before now. She'd spent the last few years in physical therapy with her friends at her side. Mikasa had even taken a year off from school to help her get settled into the new part of her life. She couldn't really believe that what she'd been told a few years prior to this one simply wasn't true for some reason. "How were they wrong? In most cases extra movement isn't possible. I barely have the necessary function to balance while I walk." she said remembering countless tumbles that she'd taken to get full feeling back into her legs. The Thunder Queen sat quietly, the hopeful mention that the girl might be able to ride again lingering in the air. If Hana could ride again, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad. "Look Beautiful, you can't keep beating yourself up about that. And don't say you weren't because it's all over your face." Sawa whispered to her very sullen pink haired friend. This would cause the girl to turn to her un-shed tears in her eyes. "Oh no, none of that. Hear out what your friend has to say, and maybe... well who knows." she said supportively while waiting on what Shoichi would say to Hana.

"There ain't much to it. If you've got a broken watch, you can't try to fix it up with the opinion of any old guy with a Rolex. He might be able to tell you if you've got the right time, but he'll never be able to tell you what battery you need for a novelty watch. It just ain't his area, y'know?" Shoichi replied. His analogy may have been a bit unorthodox, but there was more to his speech which would likely, or rather, hopefully, clear up any confusion the girl(s) may have had. "Basically, you're a Storm Rider. That makes you like... a bird. They can fix up your body the best they can, and if they're good enough, they can get you walking and all that. But... folks like us ain't made for walkin'. Ya' get used to doing a certain thing, and it becomes part of ya'. I was looking at those wings of yours, and... when they broke, nobody fixed them, so they healed up all mangled. If you could break your wings again, you could heal them back and get your body conditioned to work with them again." The Sky King wasn't usually one to explain such things in such a way, but he was having just a bit of trouble with this particular case. It seemed Mikasa had, or felt like she had some sort of involvement with the situation that caused these mangled wings, so he made every attempt to be delicate. However, he wasn't sure if he achieved this or not. Worse yet, he wasn't sure if he even got his point across. "That... sounded like shit outside my head, didn't it?"

Sawa and Mikasa both listened on apparently confused. The analogy chosen by the Sky King seemed to go right over their heads. Luckily enough the girl being discussed right now seemed to be fairly clever and had no problem piecing together what Shoichi might have been trying to say. "He means that going to a regular doctor couldn't fix my ability to ride ATs because regular doctors don't have that kind of specialization." she said seeming to have grasped what the Sky King was getting at. Moving right along, the further explanation of what had actually happened to her, and why she was unable to ride, was clear enough to be understood, but there were some words and phrases in there which didn't make sense to her even in context. Moving right along when his speech finally stopped he seemed to have the thought that he'd somehow botched his speech. This made Hana look at him and shake her head from left to right. "No, it didn't sound bad. I understood most of it. You are saying that... I got the wrong kind of treatment for what was wrong with me. And much like when they let bones heal wrong, I'd need to fix what was wrong with me starting from the point where everything went wrong." she said for the clarification of the other two girls who simultaneously said. "Ooh." as if that was something they simply hadn't gotten from the speech before she'd said anything. As they spoke this way, it became more and more clear why this friend group worked for the girls within it. They all seemed to support and care for each other and had traits to help each other out when they needed it. "But I don't get this reference to wings. That doesn't make sense to me." she said with a quick nod. That was the one piece of Shoichi's speech she couldn't translate into easier understood terms.

This lass seemed to have a great understanding of what Shoichi meant in his explanation. Her summation of his words was spot-on, to say the least, and the young man nodded with a grin to note this. "Exactly that! I think if you relearned how to move from scratch, and how to ride at the same time, you could even be better than before!" he said. It had been a while since Shoichi spoke to someone who didn't know about his vision, so he had forgotten to go into detail about his mention of the 'wings' belonging to this individual. But, since she brought this to his attention, he addressed it in as nonchalant a manner as he ever did. "Ah, gomen, gomen," he said with a hand rubbing the back of his head. "I can see people's wings. Hers over there look like they haven't flapped in ages, but yours look like... well, a train wreck. But! They're fixable!"

It seemed that the summations given by Hanako were spot on. The idea that she would have to relearn both types of movement was a bit daunting but... if she could ride again, it might be worth it to try. Hanako looked back to her two friends and there was happy light in them, even more so than usual. Mikasa looked at her and a small smile formed on the girl's face. While Sawa seemed to approve of everything. And with that being that, Shoichi went on to explain that he could see wings. The explanation once again caused confusion in Mikasa and Sawa but Hana was on the case. "Oh, so he's saying that you haven't ridden in a while Sawa, and I'm too messed up to right now, but that could be fixed." she said which only brought another slightly enlightened look to the girls. "Ooh!" they chimed metaphors weren't their strong suit but that was fine. But before anything else could be said there was a knock at the door and Mikasa's landlord could be seen standing behind the group. "You're leaving now, Nishimura-san?" said the older woman appearing to be in her mid 50s or so.

Mikasa's attention shifted just a bit and she nodded approaching the older woman with a smile. "Hai, arigatou gozaimasu~" she said bowing and handing over her key and the copy that had been in the possession of her friends. The landlord had a look in on the spotless apartment and nodded. "Hai hai. Good luck to you." she said. She had no idea what this girl was going to do when she moved, but at least it appeared she was socializing a bit more so that had to be good. Moving right along this caused everyone to realize that they should be actually moving the stuff out of the apartment so, Sawa grabbed a couple of boxes up. "Come on people, we gotta multitask or we're never gonna do this move thing.~" she said only to cause a giggle from the other two girls who also picked up some things and headed towards the exit.

"Hai. It should be pretty easy to do. I mean... it'd be a little annoying, but if ya' really wanna ride, it'll be worth it. Satomi-san, you could benefit from the same routine," Shoichi said, only to have his attention drawn toward the door with the entry of Mikasa's landlord. Once Mikasa handed off the key, the females in the room began grabbing boxes to move. This brought a brow raise from the Sky King. "Oi oi! I said I had the transport, remember?" he said. With that, he surveyed the apartment with his eyes, only to then clap to spawn a continuous wind sphere around every individual box, including the ones presently being carried. This caused the boxes to hover in the air, where they would later be manipulated by Shoichi. "There's no rush. I'll take it all at once."

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast