Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Miyabigaoka Club District] Songbird Karaoke Bar and Lounge

The first verse belonged to the male playing the guitar and singing. To be fair, Suzume quite enjoyed this young boys' stage presence. So much so, that she often considered that she'd enjoy it more if she was in the crowd. Even so, she supposed she'd already agreed to the show, and as such she waited for her part while scanning the crowd and finding near Jirou, the 3rd Generation's Silk Queen and the object of Takao's muse, a girl by the name of Senjumaru Shutara. A smirk crossed the woman's face as she figured this young girl would soon find her place in the crowd to get a look at the boy. But she hadn't more time to consider this as it was now her turn.

"And hey sweeeetie~
    Well I need you here tonight~
    And I know that you don't wanna be leaving me~
    Yeah, you want it, but I can't help it~
    I just feel complete when you're by my siiiiide~
    But I know you can't come home till they're singing~
    La, la la la, la la la~
    Till everyone is singing~
    La, la la la, la la la~"

Watching the show Shutara was more than a bit amazed. It'd been a couple of weeks since she'd met back up with Takao and met his mentor, but the girl had never actually heard the woman sing in person before tonight. She found it to be quite an interesting experience, especially given that Takao was onstage and playing and singing with her. As always she felt something weird inside her chest, but her eyes also flickered around the crowd and most notably to the tall man now eye level with her from her perch atop the stool. She figured that he had to be connected to the woman on stage, and pegged him for one of the members of the mysterious and legendary First Generation Gravity Children. "Sugoi~" she murmured at both the things she was realizing right now.

"'Til everyone is singing, la~
    La la la~
    La la la~"

Takao chimed in at the end of Suzume's verse, adding to the overall vocal synergy of the duet in one astounding moment of harmonization. This was, by far, his favorite moment in this song of theirs, and he enjoyed it thoroughly for its duration. Immediately after chiming in, Takao would immediately follow with the second hook.

"If you can wait 'til I get hoooome~
    Then I swear to you... that we can make this laaast~
    Laaa laaa laaaa~
    If you can wait 'til I get home~
    Then I swear, come tomorrow, this will all be in our paaast~
    Well it might be for the best~"

Suzume was quite pleased with the harmony created by the joining of their two voices. In fact, though she'd probably never admit it, it was also her favorite part of this particular song, as it played to both their talents as musicians. After her last line Takao took over and she got a bit of a rest while he sang the chorus. She smiled having a gander out into the crowd and catching a glimpse of Shutara and Jirou and finding both of their presences somewhat amusing beyond the norm before she began singing again.

"You know you can't give me what I need~
    And even though you mean so much to me~
    I can't wait through everything~
    -
    -
    -
    -
    We knew it'd happen eventually~"

Suzume sang and got a few lines of rest before her next line which would be one of her favorites.

As Suzume took over the singing for a few lines, Takao began a slow forward walk toward the front. As he did this, he shifted his acoustic guitar to the right side of his body, and brought the bass around to his left side. While doing this though, he never stopped playing the former. Why he needed both guitars on hand would be seen momentarily.

"-
    -
    -
    Is this really happening!?"
    he sang. Immediately afterwards, he began strumming a rift on his bass guitar without stopping the play of his acoustic. This was Takao's greatest talent on stage, beyond his already incredible playing ability, and even beyond his singing. He always held two guitars, and he was more than capable of playing them simultaneously with only one hand on each.

"I SWEAR I'LL NEVER BE HAPPY AGAIN~
    AND DON'T YOU DARE SAY WE CAN JUST BE FRIENDS,
    I'M NOT SOME BOY THAT YOU CAN SWAAAY~
    We knew it'd happen eventually~!"

At the very end, both Takao and Suzume once again sang in unison. Next, though, the aim would be to get the audience involved. As Takao had both hands occupied, he expected that Suzume would be the one taking care of that matter.

"LA! LA LA LA! LA LA LA!
    Now everybody's singing,
    LA! LA LA LA! LA LA LA!
    Now everybody's singing,
    -
    IF YOU CAN WAIT 'TIL I GET HOOOOOME~!
    -
    -
    THEN I SWEAR WE CAN MAKE THIIIS LAAAAAST~!
    -"

Suzume held a general dislike of everyone and everything, but even she had to be impressed by Takao's ability to play both his guitars at once. Such dexterity was worth more than a little bit of praise. She'd be sure to mention this at some point. But as the boy had officially taken over the full responsibility of playing the part of this song which required crowd involvement, it fell to the Storm Queen. Which to the surprise of many she did without the normal amount of abject distaste she normally put into activities, opening her arms and waving the mic at the crowd while singing the words. "Come on, sing it~ La la la la~" she inserted just in case there were a few dumb people around. She had little to no faith in general humanity. And to her credit all of the crowd began contributing to the "la" part of the chorus.

"LA! LA LA LA! LA LA LA!
    Now everybody's singing,
    LA! LA LA LA! LA LA LA!
    Now everybody's singing,
    -
    IF YOU CAN WAIT 'TIL I GET HOOOOOME~!
    -
    -
    THEN I SWEAR WE CAN MAKE THIIIS LAAAAAST~!
    -"

In the back row, Shutara was singing la and watching Takao's rather masterful performance. She quite enjoyed his very advanced play style and actually really enjoyed this song beyond all that. "La la la la... la la la~" she chimed in swaying to the beat with her lit cellphone in the air, akin to the manner in which older people used to use lighters at concerts in a time before she was born. Of course, if she was doing this so was the rest of the chorusing crowd as the pair of Takao and Suzume put on an excellent stage show.

"IF YOU CAN WAIT 'TIL I GET HOOOOOOME~!
    THEN I SWEAR WE CAN MAKE THIIIS LAAAAAAST~!"

At the very end of the song, the chanting continued within the audience. Among the joinees, there was the man called Atlas. He was likely the last person anyone in this building expected to be singing along, but in fact, he was. "La, la la la, la la la~" In spite of the massive intimidation factor this man boasted on a daily basis, he was a rather laid-back individual. He considered both people on stage to be comrades of his, and as such, he was able to enjoy himself in this very moment as they both did something they were fond of.

Shutara was singing along, but as she heard the voice of the huge man beside her, she couldn't help but let her eyes widen. Such a thing was a shock to her, and she couldn't help but want to share it with others, as he didn't look like the sort of person who would even do that sort of thing. With that in mind she created several strands with her regalia and attached the phone screen to the ceiling while shooting a video to capture a frontways image of the singing Gem King. Even if only for a few seconds it was bound to be amusing. 'The hell, this guy is the best~' she thought even before returning her attention to the stage while singing. "La, la la la, la la la~"

Suzume was having a great time and even took a moment to glance towards the back of the room to find both Jirou and the little one singing along, which was more than she could have expected. Such made her very happy inside, more so than she was capable of normally. And as she continued to sing the song soon ended. And she was left simply to grin in the face of this rather interactive crowd. She'd take this moment to appreciate her understudy properly. "Superstar, you do good work. And look at you... I've never seen someone play with that sort of skill, gotta say... I'm impressed." she said in a singular moment of praise with no negatives associated.

When the song was over, Takao could be seen looking in Suzume's direction. It seemed she was impressed with his ability to play, which brought a wide grin to the boy's face. "Oh, right. I suppose I haven't done that much on stage, huh? I could stand to show off a bit now, I think..." With that said, Takao triggered his Regalia in the form of the two guitars, causing them to hover via magnetism around the gloves he wore. Having that done freed him up to release both while also switching his microphone to its high priority setting, to give himself the stage, as it were.

"Du du du-du, du du du-du
    Du du du-du, du du du-du
    Du du~"

The moment this brief intro of his was done, Takao performed a hard strum of the bass to his left, while his right hand began playing a more regular set of chords.

"Some legends are told!
    Some turn to dust or to gold!
    But you will remember meeeee~!
    Remember me for centuries,
    And just one mistake...
    Is all it will take,
    We'll go down in historyyyyy~!
    Remember me for centuries~!
    He-e-e-ey ya, oh he-e-e-ey~!
    He-e-e-ey ya,
    Remember me for centuries~!"

Suzume was the type of person who couldn't well let her niceness stand for too long. Even though the boy looked so pleased with himself that she could hardly bring herself to come back to who she was. After all, she'd be remiss if she let anyone get the idea that she enjoyed their company too much. "Fuck all. Fine, I could use a drink anyways~" she said "Got this bratty ass Superstar taking over my show and shit." she said though there was still a smile on her face as she slipped off the stage and allowed this boy the openness of her stage. While he introduced himself she slipped to the back and would soon emerge with a Jack and Coke in hand and make her way towards the bar so she could have a good look at this boy's stage show and serve herself another drink.

Meanwhile, Shutara was wide eyed appreciating the song started by Takao. She always felt oddly connected to his music, and she could all but hear the boy's soul pouring into every song he sang. 'Oh~ Showing off again!!~' she thought as she raised her hands in the air and cheered for this boy. "Woooh!!!~

"Mummified my teenage dreams~
    No, it's nothing wrong with me~
    The kids are all wrong,
    The story's all off~
    Heavy metal broke my... heart!

Come on, come on and let me in~
    The bruises on your thighs like my fingerprints!
    And this is supposed to match,
    The darkness that you felt~
    I never meant for you to fix yourseeeeeelf~!

Some legends are told!
    Some turn to dust or to gold!
    But you will remember meeeee~!
    Remember me for centuries,
    And just one mistake...
    Is all it will take,
    We'll go down in historyyyyy~!
    Remember me for centuries~!
    He-e-e-ey ya, oh he-e-e-ey~!
    He-e-e-ey ya,
    Remember me for centuries~!"

As Takao's song carried into its second verse, the muscular blonde male turned away from the crowd and made his way toward the bar. When Suzume left the stage, he knew exactly where she would soon be headed. And lo, there she was, just as he arrived. "Y'know we're gettin' old if you're letting yourself get upstaged by a kid," he said ever so casually as he took a seat at the bar. "Got something back there for me?"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast