Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Black Bull Headquarters

The explanations of Olivia carried on, covering basically everything there was to cover. She was their senior, that much was a given. The concept of her not leaving the building was strange until she mentioned it being connected to her magic, but now that Leonis thought about it, there was something slightly different about the building and its sudden fixed state from their earlier fight. As far as their inability to leave this day was concerned, Leonis felt like it was more than what it seemed... as if it were something physically impossible because of the woman's control over the structure.

Leonis accepted the sack of money offered by Olivia. If they were to deal with a strange merchant, he figured it was an easy enough task to start their day of being 'grounded' as it were. While drawing assumptions to the amount of yul in the sack, Leonis heard Olivia saying she hoped they could be friends. Considering her invasive method of absorbing the mana of those in the building, he wondered if she felt some strange and deep connection to the other members, in spite of her apparent lack of being out and about. Leonis took a moment to hold out his right hand toward their senior. "Leonis Vermillion. We'll be working together, so sure... let's be friends. You seem pretty likable."

It seemed her explanations of what was happening for them today had gone over pretty well, which was all Olivia really wanted. Of course there was something said by Leonis which would require Hikage's attention. Still she was friendly enough so the shook the lad's hand, wondering how on earth a Vermillion ended up as part of this squad. Little did she know she was about to find out about the oddities of this lad. Hikage was confused at large. Since the pair of them spoke about liking each other, she didn't think she was okay or understanding of this lad saying that their newest introduced comrade was likable. "Wait, likable? But I thought you liked me?" she said turning her gaze to Leonis. Something like this was a strange thing for Olivia to behold, she was starting to get more of an understanding as to why the Captain thought these two should be living in a room together. Her eyes went wide as she went exceedingly quiet. Olivia was a lot of things, and good at staying out of people's domestic problems was at the top of the list. She withdrew her hand and almost faded into the background with the amount of stillness her body presently possessed.

As Leonis shook Olivia's hand to complete their introduction, Hikage interjected in a way that was interestingly unexpected by the male. He took pause, releasing Olivia's hand only because she pulled away. The best descriptor for this exchange was awkward, as Leonis was initially taken aback without words to explain the situation. "Uhh... well..." he started. It took everything he had to rack his brain for an explanation that would make sense, lest he incur some previously unknown fury. He'd heard in the past how dangerous such a thing could be from a woman in relationships or anything of the sort, and he'd experienced a general sort of fury from his elder sister from time to time. "It's... not the same. See, there's a general kind of like. For example, I like Raina-san too. I like way she fights; it was challenging, so I grew a little from it. Olivia-san seems likable because she seems like a nice person. Get it?"

Olivia watched from the side lines as Leonis tried hard to salvage his misunderstanding with the person she was now understanding was his girlfriend. This was an interesting thing to behold, because as far as Olivia could tell, this girl was earnest in her lack of understanding about the differences between like when applied to different people. She remembered being young herself and knowing that the way she felt about certain people was very different from the way she felt about the population and not being able to differentiate initially. 'Yare yare, where did she grow up?' she wondered still, she couldn't stop herself from watching this train-wreck from happening. Hikage heard out this lad's explanation of the different sorts of like but it didn't clear anything up at all, if anything it only caused more confusion. "But you like fighting me too. You said so... it doesn't make sense," she said the light of fury beginning to burn beneath her eyes just below the surface. Olivia knew what this was and couldn't stop herself from commenting. "You're crashing and burning, Leo-chan. Hi-chan give him a chance to better explain. I'm sure he has a better explanation in there somewhere," she mused. Of course, she spoke and bought him a few extra seconds of thinking time, and brought Hikage's attention to herself in those seconds. Hikage's eyes turned towards the woman who referred to her in a rather diminutive way which she hadn't heard much in her life aside from one person. 'Hm, she must be older than us... by a lot,' Hikage had this thought in her head, but it still didn't stop her from being upset, as age was obviously no real object to Leonis.

Leonis thought that he'd maybe gotten his point across. Sadly, this was not the case. His explanation only made the situation worse, and he was beginning to see that which he was taught to fear. "No no no, it's not like that!" he pleaded, only to be saved by the tan woman who was now more likable than he'd initially thought. He briefly entertained the idea of thanking her aloud, but figured that wouldn't be for the best with the current discussion still ongoing. "You see... there are different ways to like people. Not everybody gets the same kind. You like fighting Danchou, right? So that means you like Danchou? Hell, I even like my sister sometimes," he said, wondering if there was some salvation to be found in this discussion.

Leonis might have been trying sincerely to get Hikage to understand but initially she didn't. But with a slight breather provided by Olivia he seemed to come with a more thought out explanation of like. "Hm, I do like fighting Danchou but I don't like him. He doesn't give me tingles like Leonis does. And I figure his sister wouldn't give him tingles, I didn't like the my big sis like that... " she mumbled in that inaudible whisper she used to think sometimes. "Sou ka," she said having come to the proper conclusion. "So you like them in the not tingly way," she said affirmatively. This seemed to clear up her ideas about the kind of relationship he was aiming to have with their comrades and would cement her ideas about this entire situation. Her fury would ease without ever having properly manifested.

Strangely Olivia would breathe a sigh of a relief. "Dang, kids like you will give me a heart-attack. Or at least grey hair, I understand why Danchou wanted me to put your room in the middle of nowhere," she mused. Thinking about it she decided now was as good a time as any. "I almost forgot." Her grimoire flipped several pages and the building itself began to shift as she found the two rooms she'd originally created for these two and moved them together erasing a wall between them. She went on to move this larger combination room up and out of the building practically so it was hanging off the eastern end of the building where no one else's rooms were up a staircase. "There. Honeymoon suite for our new couple~" she mused.

The moment Hikage mentioned the tingly sensation she got from him not being something she experienced from others she may have liked, Leonis knew his point would soon be understood. As well, he was given more understanding of how the girl actually felt about him. He took pause for a few moments as Hikage came to the conclusion by the efforts of her own mental links, and when she reached the point, he grinned. "Yeah, that's it! It's a more friendly way of liking someone. Wait..." He paused again. In the midst of this conversation, Leonis came to a certain realization all too late, but its impact remained within him. His eyes widened slightly, and he blurted out his conclusion once it was solidified in his mind. "Were you just jealous!?" He was so out of his own wit by this realization that he hardly realized Olivia had gone through all the trouble of actually customizing their conjoined room and moving it to an apparently more suitable location. Her commentary about it being a honeymoon suite for the squad's new couple, though, brought his attention to the purple-haired woman. "Huh? Well, that's... a bit of a leap."

Hikage could accept that it was simple friendliness mean by Leonis and not anything more nefarious. Of course, soon enough this lad was coming to his own conclusion about why Hikage had decided to question the nature of his liking of other girls. This question of jealousy was one which she couldn't really answer as she didn't really have a reference for the word. "Ano... I don't really know what that word means," she said but in the moment she decided to explain why she'd bother questioning his like of these other women. "But you said you liked me and I thought you were mine. I felt like that was special so I didn't want you liking other girls the same way. Is that jealous?" she asked having admitted to having all the seeds of jealousy confirmed without knowing how to reference the feeling. She'd asked for clarification because there might have been a misunderstanding. A chortle escaped Olivia as she heard this girl speak because it was textbook jealousy if not a little of something else. 'Ano, it's more like she's a territorial animal than a jealous teen girl...' thought the woman. But aloud she only chose to address the bit about the honeymoon suite. "Seems pretty accurate to me. Fresh relationship, room to yourselves where you will further get used to each other while the rest of us try to avoid you. Honeymoon suite. Speaking of..." she motioned to the pair of them and began walking, Hikage would follow because this building was unfamiliar to her.

"I'll show you where it is... I'm pretty sure I won't find reason to move it or anything," she said haphazardly. She also took to pointing out new things. "That room is mine. This is the bathroom... I also don't move it. Everything else is subject to change, I don't usually like to do this much walking..." she said as they moved about and down different hallways. Heading towards the eastern side of the building where a set of stairs would emerge from a rather strange place in the wall, it definitely looked like a strange design choice but would lead up and open up into a double size bedroom complete with two beds, two desks, and a window between them as well as a decent sized floor space. "Ano this room is for you two. You can decorate it how you want it, but I can't change the size of it much until the Captain says so... until then you two should get to know each other. And play nice~" She then posted herself in their doorway and waited for them to take it in.

Hikage apparently didn't understand the word jealousy. As strange as this was, Leonis didn't think it too far fetched when considering how she had come up in the world. He meant to explain the word's meaning, but Hikage continued speaking until she worked her own way through its definition. Still, at the end of it all, she asked if she had gotten it right. "That's pretty much it. Jealousy is like when you don't like that someone else is getting something, because you want it to yourself. Don't worry, though. Jealousy can be flattering sometimes," he asserted. Truth be told, Leonis had experienced said flattery mere moments ago. In these early stages of a not-so-conventional relationship, he felt a certain warmth when receiving affirmation of how this girl apparently felt about him, and he felt it would drive both of them to a decent future with one another.

When Olivia gave her explanation as to why she referred to their room as a honeymoon suite, Leonis opened his mouth to speak... but couldn't form a single argument against it that he didn't think would be countered somehow. As such, he decided to silently follow along behind the woman until they reached the room. Apparently, the strange alterations to the headquarters building was not just some passive use of Olivia's magic, but a conscious effort of her moving things to avoid longer trips for herself. He very well couldn't complain with the efforts of someone who was basically a landlord to them. He said nothing because of this thought train, but when they were shown the room, his brow furrowed... only briefly. At first, he thought this was a pitiful excuse for even lodging... but he had to keep in mind that he'd been raised a royal, and others did not live in such luxury. Still, this room had all the makings of two individual rooms literally crammed together - even separate beds. While this was a far cry from what he'd actually expected, Olivia did in fact combine two rooms. As he stepped inside, he began considering options for this apparent redecoration they were allowed. "... Hai. Arigatou gozaimasu," he said.

As the newcomers to the Black Bull squad were seeing their room for the first time, a very skinny man with medium-length, slick black hair was approaching the building. He wore a long trench coat that seemed to have been weighed down by the mass of things held within it. As he approached the headquarters, he wore a massive, sinister grin. "Hehe~! Gonna make a huge sale today!"

Hikage's explanation of her own feelings was clarified as being technically jealous by Leonis' explanation. He even went on to say that it was sometimes flattering and though she couldn't imagine why this was, she'd take his word for it. "Hai." The word left her face a practical murmur but it was clear enough. She managed to look particularly thoughtful as they walked around and Olivia explained that she constantly moved rooms around in the building. It sounded like a bit of a free-for-all, but Hikage couldn't argue about the potential of the woman's magic as far as moving the building around was concerned.

Soon enough Hikage was looking around at the new bedroom she'd share with Leonis and she was stunned. "Sugoi." she stated. She'd never had her own room before, nor had she ever felt particularly inclined to seek one out, as such even this mid-tier quality room was one which excited her quite a bit. She even got her own bed which was something she'd never expected. "Arigatou gozaimasu..." she said looking to Olivia with an indecent amount of gratitude. "Ano, it's nothing really. Anyway, that guy should be here soon. I'm going to my room, don't let him swindle you..." she mentioned as she went to hide out without much more prompting. She hadn't expected this sort of reaction from anyone. Then again, even the worst of them only came from the common region for the most part. Hikage went and looked out of the window and saw the shadow of a person approaching the front and nodded. "That guy is almost here..." she mumbled heading for the door of their shared room she motioned to Leonis. She was intimidating enough but that didn't work well for regular merchants.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast