Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Gremory Enterprise Estate

Takumi's familiar struggled against the Juggernaut Drive of her master. It didn't take long for her to easily be pushed down, but she refrained from letting go of Takumi's hands for the sake of keeping him in place for as long as possible. Her mouth opened toward Takumi, releasing a beam of light Dragon energy unto the lad. However... "Reflect!" was called out, causing her attack to be returned to her torso. She was taken aback with her scales open, though she was given no reprieve whatsoever. As she leaned away, Takumi freed his left hand of her grasp and thrust it forward, breaking through the other Dragon's already-exposed torso as a result. With that out of the way, his attention shifted to Eira again.

Though there were two of Takumi in this mental space, there was only one former wielder of Divine Dividing brought in from the gem he took from Cassiel. He managed to piece this together due to the presence of only one missing seat in this room. Obviously Takumi himself wouldn't fit in with the dead holders of the Sacred Gear, and neither would the lone male who stood beside the version of him wielding the Gear based on Albion's power. 'Listen...' he started. The other one however, did not intend to do anything of the sort. 'No! You can't stop me now! I don't wanna die!' This clause seemed to enrage Takumi ever so slightly. He came to realize how long all of this could have been avoided, but the state his other self was in now wouldn't lend to any sort of rational discussion before he took action. 'Alright... fine. If you don't wanna die, don't die... but this is my head, so you're gonna start doing things the way I want. That goes for all of you!' he announced to bring a red glow to the eyes of every former Boosted Gear wielder in the room.

Suddenly, a shift occurred in the body outside. As it moved toward Eira, the energy being emitted changed slightly in consistency. He even stopped moving forward, taking all the exuded energy back into himself. As this happened, the form of his Juggernaut Drive seemed to be slowly changing to a more controlled state.

This white dragon struggled against the red one, and even after being pushed down, she didn't back down at all, hanging on to the hands of that dragon to by Eira more time. 'Shit, there is literally nothing I can do without risking way more...' she thought, her own plan was one she could take on without much of a problem, even so, she couldn't guarantee it would work. Eventually the white dragon was downed by an attack call that Eira wasn't at all familiar with, "Ano... I never got her name," she mumbled. Things like this always happened around her, and when this happened, Eira became the focus of this dragon once again. She couldn't just blast it with energy or magic if she risked herself to do it. She couldn't hope to take it on with brute force, she didn't have that kind of physical fortitude. What could she do? As she considered this in a few seconds the dragon moved towards her once more, she held up a hand in front of herself making the tactical decision. 'If I get grabbed I guess I can try and melt the outside and stun his body before I die... this is a bad way to start. Gomen, it's risky but I don't want to kill him,' she thought in passing. But much to her surprise the energy coming off this dragon soon changed. Her left brow rose but she didn't stop thinking about what she wanted to do, she couldn't let go of the idea to attack him before she was sure he wouldn't attack her first. But then his movements stopped. 'What the hell is going on in there?' she questioned knowing the state of Takumi's mind and not knowing how to interpret this sudden change of heart.

The Juggernaut Drive would never see its full evolution to a controlled state. Instead, it crumbled away before gaining any sort of solid form, shattering around the body of a Takumi whose eyes glowed deep red. 'Don't leave. That's not at all what I want you to do. Just... let me find what I'm looking for...' These were the parting words of a boy who'd forced his will on all former wielders of the Boosted Gear in one shining moment of conviction. Back in his normal form, he wore the Boosted Gear on his left hand just as he had before, though he now also had his Divine Dividing equivalent - something he wasn't wearing previously - on his right hand. The energy within Takumi seemed more stable than it had been in years, and yet it was now waning for entirely different reasons. Within his own subconscious, he had simultaneously triggered the powers of both Heavenly Dragons to silence his other self. Doing so costed him greatly as well, but it was all worthwhile in the end. His descent toward the ground left him looking upon the fallen body of his Dragon servant. 'This is what happened? Sumimasen... Kisara,' he said to the husk of a Dragon that had already reverted to a child-like form. 'Are you listening now, Ddraig? Do something about that for me. I don't think... I'm gonna make it.'

Eira felt strangely at the boy's sudden energy shift. It felt more stable and consistent as time went on, but strangely the boy's Juggernaut Drive didn't last even as it felt like he'd completed it. No, instead everything fell away and in one brief moment, the crimson haired lass caught sight of a pair of glowing crimson eyes. Still it was quite obvious that whatever he'd done aside from his rampage his body had taken quite the toll. Eira had been plotting a tactical retreat or even a straight forward attack, but instead of either of those things, the young heiress moved forward opening her arms to catch the lad before he could get too close to the ground. "Yare yare, you gave me a bit of a scare that time, Takumi..." she whispered to the lad as she landed. "It's okay though, rest now... I'll take care of you," she murmured, knowing he'd lost a great deal of energy she'd take it upon herself to make sure he was looked after until he was better. He seemed to have many problems this day, but she wanted nothing more than to witness him conquer his issues. There was also the fallen dragon to look after who was now a child-sized body. But her first priority was taking care of Takumi, she could handle everything else after that.

'You're still there, right? I'll keep you around. If I never find what I'm looking for, then I guess it'll just be the two of us,' Takumi thought in passing while on the verge of unconsciousness. While his eyes were still open, his fall came to a sudden stop. It was once again the face of Eira he saw during such a time as this. The Dragon his Juggernaut Drive put out of commission was left as nothing more than an empty shell, as Ddraig had indeed handled the situation by moving the female Dragon's soul into Takumi's body. His eyes didn't widen for once when viewing Eira from that same usual angle, though they did fixate rather quickly. This was the most conscious Takumi had been while seeing things in such a blurry manner, and in such a situation, he saw Eira the same way he repeatedly saw a certain memory. In linking the two, a single moment of recognition became present on his visage. "You..." he said. Something crossed his mind right away, but... it couldn't be. Surely there was no such fate that would produce such an outcome. He couldn't discard the idea completely, but he also couldn't act on it. "... Sankusu."

There was a moment after the lad was caught where he seemed to be acknowledging her presence properly. She'd seen him from this exact angle several times since she'd met him and maybe even a few more than that. She felt a strange pang within her own chest in looking at him like this once more, on the verge of exhaustion and he managed to thank her just for this. She looked down at him her eyes widening slightly. "Iie, don't thank me for this..." she murmured to the lad. And with that she was content to carry the boy into the residence. The main house was quite large and way more extravagant than even the girl's apartment but she didn't care about any of that. She'd take him inside and walk him towards one of the bedrooms. Unlike her previous things to do, she'd lay him into one of the beds of a room not the one she intended for herself. She'd take a moment and magically strip the boy of most of this clothes and leave him under the covers. "It's really alright you know... I see you like this more than I'd like," she said kissing him on the forehead as she left. "Remember my last order though, that one was important," she said. Her last order to the lad had been for him to remember her. She had no idea if it would work at all, but it was worth it to try. With that she was willing to let him sleep for a bit while she went to the kitchen. While she walked away her clothing shifted into pajamas and a tank top, her hair put up in a messy bun as she seemed to reach general comfort for household wear. 'How is it him? Why is it him?' she wondered as she began wandering about the kitchen for ingredients to cook a meal mostly just to give her something do to while she thought about her Dragon boy who'd originally been just her first human friend.

Takumi racked his brain in an effort to figure out what this connection meant. He didn't think it possible that this vision of Eira actually lined up with the vision in his mind. The more he thought about it though, the more it almost made perfect sense. There was something else that connected the two... something very solid, yet something he couldn't quite place. Before he knew it, he was in the house, and in a bed soon after that. Eira may have left him there, but the image did not fade in spite of its lack of clarity. 'Last order? Was I given an order?' he wondered of the final words spoken by Eira. He couldn't recall anything regarding an order since the one which resulted in his familiar. And, while he was thinking about his familiar, he decided to sit up in the bed and call upon the female Dragon. "Are you well enough to be sitting, master?" she asked upon materializing by the foot of the bed. Her form was somewhat ethereal, much like the wings she'd previously made to defend against Takumi's Juggernaut Drive. Even with his blurred vision, the lad could tell this state was not 'fully' physical. "Not really. It doesn't matter though. You seem fine without a body."

Eira on the other hand had rice in a rice cooker and was making dumplings out of minced shrimp and several other things. She didn't know why she had a taste for the things she was making, but she thought they could be at least partially attributed to the time she'd spent as a cat. Even so she was warming oil and waiting for it to heat up with a look of extreme concentration on her face. 'I still don't know why he doesn't remember me,' she thought as she watched the movement of the oil across the pan. 'Maybe I'm wrong... maybe that dream was just mine. Maybe I'm projecting again...' she thought her own doubts beginning in a way she hadn't let them before. But in this moment with nothing else to focus on it was easy for her to spend too much time in her own thoughts. 'But that picture in his apartment... was definitely Shouki,' she thought to herself. Did she get to feel hopeful about this? Did she think this would turn out okay this time? 'No, of course not. He literally just tried to kill me...' she thought as she palmed her face. 'I'm so stupid!' she said to herself in this moment as she finally began cooking in earnest, the meal she'd wanted to eat.

"It's nothing to worry about. I'm not the sort of Dragon who needs a physical body, or to be sealed in something to keep myself," she replied. Takumi had seen this Dragon's power only once, but from what he saw then, he could understand why this was the case. "Sou ka. You're a interesting one, Kisara. I wish I didn't bind you to me the way I did, but... I had an order," he said. In speaking these words, Takumi returned to thinking about whatever order Eira could have been talking about most recently. His right hand rose and pressed aganist his forehead as he thought it over, coming up with nothing solid at all. "Order..." Whatever it was, he felt he was under its effect even without knowing exactly what the order might have been. It was as if he'd managed to hear the order, but it was trapped somewhere inaccessible in the recesses of his mind. A splitting pain struck his head as he tried to get a grasp on the order. "... Tou-san," he said for no reason whatsoever, even seeming to have no idea what had just left his mouth.

Eira was putting together her bowl of food, rice first then dumplings and then a combination of strange sauces atop both of them. One a pale green in color which was spicy and one white in color which was savory and a little sweet. After a moment or two she looked at this bowl and frowned deeply as she picked up the meal and the chopsticks and headed over to the breakfast nook. She sat in what appeared to be a pillow covered open window which overlooked multiple stories of the city. Her stare intense as she thought over the events of the day and her connection to Takumi. 'What if he isn't the person I think he is? What if he is and he hates me? What do I do?' she thought as she had the first bite of this meal. She enjoyed her shrimp shumai and rice but wondered if it was enough food to properly curb her appetite so that she wouldn't need any energy from Izuna again before she potentially crept in to heal Takumi again, something she was going to do, regardless of her doubts. 'Why does he make me so indecisive?'

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast