Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Gremory Enterprise Estate

"Tou-san?" Kisara questioned. Upon hearing this, Takumi set his gaze upon the white-haired woman, seeming rather confused. "Huh?" he replied. In that moment, it became clear to Kisara that Takumi had spoken without knowledge of his own brain's contents. "You said tou-san just now. Does your father have something to do with this order of yours? I was under the assumption it was Eira Gremory who ordered you." Hearing this only further perturbed Takumi. 'Why would I say that? Why do these questions only pop up in my head when... when..."

Eira couldn't know why she felt so strangely around Takumi. If he was the lad she thought he was after witnessing his dreams and snooping around his apartment then she was almost certain that there was a good reason for her innate interest in him, for her faith in him as a being. 'But if it is him, then I abandoned him...' she thought to herself, a single tear falling from her right eye. 'I wouldn't have done that on purpose, I went back for him I just...' she couldn't bring herself to finish even her internal monologue. She ate out of her bowl allowing her mind to quiet if only for a moment. Each bite of food she took seemed to calm her down a bit. 'I didn't know he was still alive, but knowing that he is... makes me happy,' she thought a smile coming to her face right before she finished her next bite. She'd done so much for that lad's sake, having him disappear before she could get him had been the bane of her existence. It was also the reason she wore so many black clothes and looked for lonely people. This boy made her a better person and she'd never gotten a chance to tell him. Perhaps, if he ever remembered she could, and maybe that small hope was enough.

'There's something I'm supposed to remember... I just...' Eira wasn't the only one who couldn't even manage to finish an internal monologue. Takumi was in the exact same situation, albeit with separate thoughts entirely. His thoughts however, finished in the form of a statement which may or may not have even been related to what he thought. "I can't. Why can't I do it?" he wondered aloud. Kisara seemed confused by this statement and question to the universe at large. "Suman, Kisara. You can go now; I can't bother you with this stuff," he said to the Dragon. In response, she bowed and began vanishing. "My soul is inside you now, so I'll know about everything you go through regardless. If it gives you a sense of privacy though, I'll go away now," was all she had to say before she disappeared completely.

Meanwhile, in the midst of Eira chewing her food, one Kagimi Izuna would literally appear right in front of her whilst floating in his Youkai form. In appearing this way, he looked Eira directly in her face while instantly making his thoughts known. "The fuck!? You said you were dying! Did you choke on shumai so hard you needed my energy to survive!?"

Eira had been mid-chew only to be assaulted by the image of her kitsune Queen in full youkai form. Her eyes widened immediately and in this particular moment she did choke. Her face turned red and she began beating herself in the chest, sitting down her bowl of food and managing to look stunned. Her eyes watered and she stumbled over to the sink to grab a glass and have a drink of water before she finally managed to get herself together enough to speak. "Shit! Izuna you have no sense. I almost died..." she said pausing briefly. "Again." she sighed before a couple of extra coughs ensued and she was finally able to get herself together. "And no, it wasn't the shumai, I was the target of an Outrage'd Dragon in Juggernaut Drive," she said seeming to take this in stride even though a short while before now, she'd been in real fear for her life, and Izuna's. "Takumi can use the dividing ability of the Vanishing Dragon. I might have been divided down to child strength and needed the energy. Gomen, I was so relieved when he got control of himself I forgot to mention I was alright..." she mumbled still leaning against the counter, she'd take a break after this and a moment later she'd be aiming to slip her arms around Izuna's neck. "You came over here in full fox form though, huh? I'm surprised, arigatou na~"

The reaction of Eira to Izuna's actions was actually something the latter hadn't considered a possibility at all. At this point, he'd gotten used to her not reacting one bit to his sudden appearances. He had even begun thinking she just always knew when he was around. Regardless, it was apparently the case that the woman had been in very real danger. After explaining the situation briefly, Eira wrapped herself around Izuna's neck. Though slightly uncharacteristic of him, he responded in kind by wrapping his own arms around the female Devil's midsection. "Woah, woah! I'm glad you're fine and everything, but what are you even talking about? How'd he end up with that kind of power, and what the hell made you an Outrage target?"

It seemed that Izuna was surprised by Eira's reaction to his sudden appearance. And while it was true, that she generally expected him to be most places, she'd figured she was alone with a passed out dragon for the duration of the day. The fox youkai's random appearance was a genuine surprise to her. Even more surprising than that, was the fact that her normal affection was met with affection. "The Miracle Child Cassiel may have taken an interest in her rival and thought to fight with him. I am fairly certain she meant no harm in approaching him as such and at the end of it he apparently stole the Vanishing Dragon's ability. I didn't get to have that full conversation with him though..." she said explaining that she didn't have the full explanation of the boy's morning. "And I am not entirely sure, we'd been having a civil conversation before he snapped," she said. "His familiar showed up to defend me though... it didn't make sense at all. It was like he wanted me dead, but also didn't at all..." she said thinking about Takumi even more over the last few moments. "I've been noticing his contradictions more lately, his eyes even change color when it happens. Like he's stuck between the previous him and this him at random intervals and in that moment the orange eyed one wanted me dead," she murmured squeezing this lad a little bit tighter. "He said he knew who I was, that he'd always known and that I destroyed everything..." she stated, and she knew what he meant but didn't know why he didn't seem to remember everything.

"Cassiel again, huh," Izuna said during a gradual release of Eira. "Is she gonna keep popping up? It's like she doesn't have friends of her own or something at this point." Continuing to float about, Izuna accepted the idea of Takumi gaining the Vanishing Dragon's ability. The information Eira gave him from that moment on gave him a bit more to work with than he needed to draw his own conclusions about the situation with Takumi. Most importantly, Izuna himself had been inside the boy's mind... at least, one of them. "Well, if he wanted you dead, that makes sense. You know, now that you mention it... there was something weird when those red eyes popped up. I guess the dreams I looked into were the ones of the orange-eyed one then. They only went back maybe a couple of years, and they were still pretty fuzzy the farther back they went. The other one doesn't sync up with the dreams I saw at all, and... I'm only just realizing that it's probably a completely different soul in that one. The Red Dragon probably stopped me from noticing it earlier. I don't get the whole part about him knowing who you are though. Why wouldn't he? He's still your servant."

It seemed that Izuna also saw the potential for Cassiel's constant reappearance. A small smirk came to Eira's face in this moment because she'd already thought the same things. "She has the eyes of a lonely person... and kindred spirits tend to find each other. Regardless of their affiliation," Eira stated as she found herself back on the floor and as such returned to her breakfast nook to finish her food. In all honesty she didn't see any real problem with it as keeping the peace of this area was something that Eira already had to do, and the standoff/neutrality established by the cooperation between the Angels and Devils of this area could only be beneficial. As Izuna went on to speak about the discrepancies in Takumi's dreams he came to the conclusion that the souls of the lad's different personalities were separate. He even theorized that he didn't notice before because of the interference of the Red Dragon Emperor. "Hm, fuzzy memories huh..." she mumbled as she finished a bite of food she looked towards Izuna to think about how to answer his question. "I was in Takumi's apartment before we were brought here, and I saw a picture there of him when he was younger. I also experienced his dreams directly..." she said carefully. "I am fairly certain the other Takumi said he knows me because they do know me, from before..." she said calmly. "But he wasn't Takumi then... he was Shouki." Eira mentioned the name of a friend she'd thought died a couple of years prior to this one. One who'd influenced her decision to settle in this area, one that asked to go with her before she could have taken him. It was a great point of contention in her life and for a while it was the source of her depression. But now there were a whole host of other questions. "But if he is Shouki, I don't know why he doesn't remember, why he can't remember."

"Oooh, another one gets thrown in the mix! How will she fare against Loli Boobs and Angel Booty? Find out in the next episode, ladies and gentlemen!" Izuna's teasing and instigating was relentless, even in times such as this. He was quick to bounce back from this though, and did so when Eira claimed proof of Takumi being the young human named Shouki she once spent a great deal of time with in this very town. "Shouki, huh? That's the kid you were summoned by a few years back. I wondered what really happened to that guy. They definitely have separate memories though. Like I said, the one we've dealt with the most only has a few years worth. Something made him more recently than when you started hanging out with Shouki, so it probably got mixed up. It doesn't really make sense though... Why is that one the one who said he knew you, but not the one who was there before?"

"Baka!" Eira chimed, Izuna's words and teasing were exactly what she expected from him, and as such she laughed at this. His constant instigation and diversion often helped give Eira other things to focus on. "Yare yare, I thought maybe you'd ended up a bit too affectionate because of me... but when it's all said and done... there you are," she stated rather calmly. Taking a few moments she finally finished her meal and stood up to place the bowl in the dishwasher and put away the rest of the food she'd left while, Izuna floated about. She heard out what Izuna had to say and his words did make sense. It didn't make sense at all for Takumi himself not to remember if he was the original. "I know it doesn't make sense. I still don't get it... But I know I can't ask directly, minds are too fragile," she mumbled. Eira herself had the ability to alter memories, so she fully understood that it would be a tough maze to navigate. Takumi's newer self seemed to know and understand who she was, so what if it was simpler than that. 'What if he exists because of me?' Eira wondered. She stared off into space going quiet as she thought this over. The newer Takumi had only properly existed for a few years, that aligned with the time frame in which she left Shouki the first time.

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast