Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Higurashi Shrine

Youmu was asked of she'd met Roxanna Phenex and the truth was, she'd seen this girl multiple times but at their most recent meeting had become too acquainted with the girl. What was more the lad claimed he wasn't going back, because of the type of person that Roxanna was, this brought a strange light to Youmu's eyes. "Roxanna Phenex isn't the type of girl I would even start to defend. I don't know what she did to you personally but we've seen what she's capable of," Youmu said calmly, though she didn't personally feel any particular way, she was disgusted by the actions of the heiress Phenex. "I wouldn't mind seeing what that blade actually does. I remember some interesting stories about the Inu-Daiyoukai," Youmu mentioned with a hint of that particular personal desire. To his statement about leaving, Youmu had only one thing to ask the lad, and it referred to his new comrades however short lived their bond was... "Are you really okay with that? Leaving the others behind."

"Then we don't have business," said Inuyasha of his dealing with the Youkai Slayer. If she understood his problem with Roxanna, she should understand his leave. With this in mind, he was more than ready to move on to the next location. He didn't care about returning, and he didn't care about testing his steel against this woman's blade. Whatever stories Youmu heard about his kind likely came from those who spawned him, if not his pure-blood brother, and he had no concern for whatever she wished to confirm about them. However, it could never be stated that he was fine with leaving the others to deal with Roxanna. "No, but you're better off helping them get out than trying to make me go back. The only time I'm able to even try helping them is when I'm not strong enough... but I don't think you're the type who has that problem."

When this white haired young man mentioned that they didn't have business Youmu couldn't have disagreed more. The lad didn't want to test his blade against hers, and that was a little disappointing, but she'd struck at least a bit of a nerve. That nerve being, the other members of Roxanna's Peerage. He apparently wasn't alright leaving those people behind, but he claimed to have some sort of problem helping them. Given what Youmu had observed of the members who'd shown up with Roxanna today she could make a few assumptions about what kept this lad from acting on behalf of his peers. "That blade is on its downward stroke..." Youmu said in mention of freeing the rest of the individuals. "But if we interfere it can only be after the damage is done. If you returned to help them, you could stop it before it happens. I find it hard to believe you are weaker than one like... Roxanna," she said in a manner most straight forward, having the slightest of hesitation when speaking the heiress name. This was an old habit, from hunting youkai, speaking the names of evil creatures was believed at some point to speak their evil into the world. And she disliked Roxanna to the point that her name was not worth speaking in most cases. Like she thought this lad seemed to be capable of resisting Roxanna's fallacies to some extent, but claimed some lack of strength. Given what Youmu had observed in how Roxanna viewed her peerage and the rest of the world at large, she could assume one of two things ate at this lad. "Are you chained like the pup, or did she maim you too?" she asked in a manner which she would have known to be blunt and apathetic.

Youmu claimed there was something to be done about the tyranny of Roxanna. However, she also claimed Inuyasha could be a necessity in this being seen to fruition. True, he was in no way a weakling. Had he not been caught under specific circumstances, he'd never have been made a Devil in the first place. Just the same, if not for other circumstances... he wouldn't be at the mercy of someone else. "I can't," he said. There was no way for him to be capable of going against Roxanna's whims, and on the rare occasion that he could... he was not strong enough due to the nature of his own birth. Youmu went on to ask about his situation, specifically whether he was bound or maimed like two of the other members in Roxanna's peerage. To respond to this, his left hand reached for the set of prayer beads around his neck. He seemed to be aiming to remove them, but to no avail; they wouldn't even rise over his head. "Kotodama no Nenju. This has been on me for longer than I can remember, but that Devil... I guess she found a way to make their effect stronger. These were made so I could be kept tame with a one word command. When she uses them, it's more like any command is one I have to follow, and it only doesn't work when I'm too weak to go against her. But... that is also the time I'm able to get away."

There was a claim that Inuyasha could not be of help to his fellows. Youmu looked at this lad and nothing about her face changed but there was weight to her gaze, as if she was confused by what he had to say. Obviously this lad was not a coward and also saw the problems with Roxanna's attitude. But there would soon be a revelation. This one about a necklace the lad wore which apparently was originally meant to allow him to be tamed by a single word but now allowed Roxanna to simply give him commands at her leisure without his ability to resist. His explanation made a small smirk appear on the face of Youmu something that usually went unseen by others. "Sou ka, she did say she tricked you we knew she couldn't have tamed a Youkai of any sort on her own..." Youmu said plainly. Perhaps this glint was a tiny hint of mischievousness which she'd picked up from either Eira or Izuna in the time they'd known each other. "And if I know someone who can free you of your bindings... would you return and help your comrades?" she asked of him. This wasn't a question of returning to his master's control, she wouldn't ever ask someone to do that, but she would ask that he not abandon his peers in their moment to potentially rid themselves of one such as Roxanna Phenex.

"Hai. Once a month, I lose my ability to fight. I basically turn into a human, but... I'm pretty sure you've met enough hanyou to know what I mean," he explained, granting some insight into how he was taken advantage of in the first place. If he'd been at full strength, one such as Roxanna could have never gotten close enough to tamper with the prayer beads around his neck, and only a certain amount of acceptance from him would have been enough for her to even use their basic power. As far as his ongoing issue was concerned, Youmu offered the clause of her knowing someone who could be of use. If this was true... if she did know someone who could free him of Roxanna's curse, he would most certainly see to the safety of his peerage mates over his own desire to not be bound. It was only the case that he never had the ability to do so before. "Of course I would, but why should I trust someone random to get that close to me again?"

"Sou ka... one of those. Technically I should be classified as hanyou myself but... phantoms are considered differently. I understand," Youmu offered with a nod. If this lad was the sort of person that turned into a normal human for a while. Then the necklace he wore was probably just to make sure his youkai part didn't overpower his human half and strip him of what was left of his humanity. It seemed that he was at least interested in what Youmu had to say and she found herself looking at him with calm eyes. "Ah... she's still a step ahead," she said of no one in particular. She pulled from her waist a contract which held the name of the Gremory heiress and her summoning seal. "This... for good faith can be used later. I'll take you to her now myself to take care of your current problem, if you'd like..." she said without thinking too much about it. "And you can ask her yourself why she'd help you. I'm sure you'd understand her answer, if you hear it from her directly," said Youmu. She held out the contract for the lad, and if he took it, she'd start walking again. Back towards the area she'd left a couple of hours ago at Kuoh Academy. Knowing that while she waited on something like this Eira wouldn't leave.

Inuyasha could follow the technicality of her status as a hanyou, considering the other title applied to her in the stories of old. What was important though, was that Youmu came with something to offer the white-haired male. This was far from the first time he'd seen a Devil's contract, but the one she held bore yet another unfamiliar seal to him. He sheathed his sword and then, reluctantly, reached out to claim the contract. As little as he could trust others, there were few options left for him besides continuing to run for an indefinite period of time. As such, he followed Youmu to whatever location she chose to lead, keeping a keen eye for anything that seemed suspicious all the while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12