Thread: Destiny Islands

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Destiny Islands

A portal opened upon the Destiny Islands, giving way to a male figure clad in a black coat that obscured everything about his identity. He stepped forth and witnessed immediately the setting sun. A school was behind him, and all around were houses and the like strewn along a path toward the end of this large island. Below the falling sun, he could see a glimpse of another, smaller island covered in trees. "Hmm. I don't know if it's a good thing that a sunset is the first thing I'm seeing in a place that's supposed to alter my destiny. Whatever. I can probably fix anything bad that happens in my future, unless I explode or something."

The portal which opened up also had another within. A young girl with raven hair separated into large pig tails also stepped out. She was attired in green tribal-like clothing, boots and small assortments of armor pieces. There were lots of wild feathers on her clothing, as well as purple lines of makeup around her body. Whatever the case she stepped out and the portal closed behind her. Upon hearing the words of her companion she sucked her teeth once more shaking her head from left to right. "There's nothing bad about a sunset. It just means moon rise is coming. Different light same day~" the girl mused. Her logic about life and perspective seemed to dictate that nothing could be bad, it was simply a matter of finding the good in it. "This place is pretty nice though~" she chimed stretching her arms above her head before taking a stance with her left hand upon her hip. "Think that volcano is active?" she asked sniffing the air and turning her head to look at the mountainous thing behind them.

"Can you be sure about that?" the male asked of his companion. "Sunset means darkness. Darkness means a danger to the world. Even though Darkness isn't evil by its nature alone, the things that come from it have instincts that create problems for everyone," he explained while stepping forward. He turned around, setting his gaze on the volcano at the island's center. The idea of it being active created a vision of an interesting contrast in which the light faded on one side, and a different light spawned from the other. Alas, it didn't seem this volcano would be producing anything naturally. "It doesn't seem active, but I don't think it matters much. If you want it to be active, I could try throwing a Mega Flare at it. I doubt any of that fruit is on this island anyway."

"Can anyone be sure about anything?" the girl responded to the question she'd been asked. The pair of them were having an oddly philosophical conversation for a couple of teens looking for destiny-altering fruit. Still as the boy went on to explain himself and the coming dangers of the darkness, she realized that he was oddly skeptical about darkness as a part of nature. He seemed to find it problematic regardless of the more neutral nature it maintained because of the instincts which went along with what backed it. "Sure, sunset brings darkness, but it also gives the opportunity for light to show brighter by contrast. The instincts of the creatures of darkness aside, even a little speck of light is enough to hold them at bay..." the girl thought absently as she took a step or two forward. It seemed that there was a way to possibly make the volcano active, and he didn't think the fruit he was looking for could be found on this island anyways. A grin crossed Kairos' face as it became obvious what he was suggesting. Though she was herself quite fond of the idea of everything burning in a bright light, even she wouldn't sacrifice an entire island in blinding light just to have her strange desire sated a bit. "Ano, that's a bit extreme, yeah? Gonna have to take a pass... I'm a certifiable pyromaniac and even I know we shouldn't just cause a volcano eruption. Moderation~ That Mega Flare spell is pretty cool though... I gotta come up with something like that of my own. Lots of fire... you're the magical Master... so you should give me a few pointers~" she chimed as she looked around. She also didn't see any obvious place to find fruit trees or anything of the sort. Even so, she also had no idea where to go. "So, where do we look for a life-changing fruit, if not here?"

"Yes... Some things," was all Luxu had to say about this apparent certainty. As they both moved forward ever so slightly, Kairos suggested that the smallest sample of Light was enough to hold off the Darkness. Luxu had seen far too much already, and knew otherwise. "The world was born in darkness. From that darkness came light, which became hearts. Now, darkness grows again to consume everything." As he spoke, Luxu materialized the Keyblade he was given by his master, which bore her very eye at its tip. By his will, numerous portals of Darkness opened around the island, each one taller than any building in the area. What came from these giant portals was an army of massive, muscular, humanoid creature with skin black as night. Their appearances were identical to one another, featuring short legs with upward-curled feet, long and stocky arms, tiny twisted wings, and heads covered in twisted black tentacles. As well, they all possessed large heart-shaped holes in their abdominal regions. There were so many of these giants present, their shadows created a false night on the island.

With this done, Luxu reached up with his left hand to pull his hood away. He was then able to view Kairos directly with those amber eyes of his. "You're passing on the fireworks, so how about we swap that out for a show of the real danger in this world. I've seen your Unions and their members fighting against the Darkness... but I've also seen the bigger picture. Your master and the other Foretellers... Do you think they're prepared, and can prepare the rest of you, for this?"