Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny Islands

"Well, we're not wrong~" she mentioned of herself and whatever other friend of his found his strangeness cool. Normal was way too common after all, and something a little different was always worth looking into as far as Kairos was concerned. As they moved along, it seemed that Kairos reminded the lad of a few of his friends. He stated that this was likely why he'd been considering making her his apprentice. Such a thing made the raven-haired lass' brow raise as she turned back to look at him. "Really? Well, that sounds a bit like a compliment. But what do you mean for so long. I know you said it had been a couple of weeks for you since my yesterday... But given your current disposition it sounds like it's been much longer than a few days or even a few weeks for you since the fountain," she mentioned. She wasn't really prying, but she was curious how long this decision had been floating around in this young man's head. Besides that, earlier in this day she'd said she wasn't actively aiming to be his apprentice, but the more she spoke with him, the more she realized it might be exactly the sort of thing she wanted. She wondered what exactly being his apprentice would entail, how much more she could aim to glean from his mind, and strangely how much more time she could expect to spend with him. The last of these thoughts was randomly associated with how much she liked looking at his face and the strange feelings she gained when doing so for longer than a few seconds.

Eventually, Luxu's rowing of the canoe built up enough momentum that he was able to stop, letting the canoe drift along the sea for awhile. This allowed the young master some time to rest, which he used to kick back and cross his arms while Kairos questioned him. Her curiosity led her to wonder how long it had been since he first began seeing her as a potential apprentice. Right away, Luxu fell into deep thought again. How long had it been for him? He traversed time so frequently, he could hardly keep track whilst trying to do so many things while repeating entire days over and over again. "Hmm. It's hard to say, really. Every time I go back, I end up repeating events of the same day in different ways. Sometimes, I even go do something else entirely... just to make as much use of the time as possible before I have to go away. It might have even been a few years since we met, even though I don't seem to have aged any more than these, what... few days? Anyway, it's been a long time. Long enough that I think I've even changed my mind about that apprenticeship."

Her questions seemed to make the young man think quite a bit. They'd built up enough speed for him to stop rowing so they could gently coast along the ocean as he found the best way to answer her most recent inquiry. And when he finally did so, it was in a way that she didn't expect. It was a tale of him going back, living multiples of the same days, doing different things or the same things or altering things, many times. He claimed that up to a few years could have gone by, and he wouldn't know it because of all that he had going on. Kairos tried imagining trying to keep so many variables straight in her head, and decided that it was likely too much to even think about. Beyond this was the point that he'd apparently had enough time to want to make her his apprentice and change his mind about it. This came as a large surprise to Kairos. "What?! I can't even process spending years in the same couple of days... that's pretty crazy. It's good you didn't age too much though, it'd be a bit freaky to know you yesterday and meet you as an old man tomorrow," she said as her immediate reaction, still there was something more to be said than that. "Shame you changed your mind though. Hanging out with you is pretty fun and the idea of being your apprentice is growing on me~"

"It's not as bad as it sounds. It only takes 1,000 hours to become a master of something. Spend 10,000 hours doing something, and you're the greatest who ever lived. Time travel itself is no exception. You could basically consider it one really long memory exercise," he claimed with a light chuckle. Moving on though, it seemed the idea of becoming his apprentice was something Kairos had started considering with some level of legitimacy. Luxu wouldn't have expected such a thing to be the case, but maybe there was a miscommunication somewhere. "I... changed my mind for a reason," he said, deciding explaining this here and now was for the best to avoid any confusion. "Do you remember what I said when you asked if I had a Union?"

"10,000 hours, huh? I am gonna have to get back to my tumbling exercises at some point then~" she said, remembering a wish of hers from a very long time before this very moment. This was a light jest, and though the young man with her claimed the entire thing was more of a mental exercise than anything else, she still couldn't say she'd be anything remotely sane, if she'd had to do the same thing. Beyond this point, Master Luxu thought to clear up why he changed his mind about making her his apprentice, and strangely he did this by asking her to recall some information he'd given her in the days prior to this one. "Hm...." she mumbled thinking about it and then she cleared her throat to give her best Luxu impression. "I don't get a Union, but I do get a direct apprentice." she finished before thinking about it more. There was a sudden shock in her eyes right behind her general understanding. Right beneath the joke she'd so recently made, she realized he likely said that with those words for exactly that meaning. He meant he only got a single apprentice, she wondered what he could be doing to make that the case, but felt like prying in this instance was a bit too much. Even so, she returned to her normal voice, to question this directly just to be certain... "I take it you meant that as literally as it sounded, you only get one person to take with you?" she asked.

"Tumbling exercises?" Luxu questioned. He had no earthly idea what she could have been talking about, but whatever it was, she apparently wished to be the greatest 'tumbler' to ever exist. Their conversation took a more serious tone over time though, leading to the matter of Luxu and his singular apprentice. Kairos recalled his words as he stood in the canoe, facing toward the island they were steadily approaching. It didn't take much more than this moment of recollection for her to put the pieces of this puzzle together, and likely understood his change of heart. In responding to her query, he chose an approach that wasn't exactly direct, yet would still confirm her suspicion. "That friend of yours from Agrabah. You two are close enough that you were willing to risk falling to your own darkness to save him. Of all the realities I've seen, that one comes up most when I consider taking you with me. It makes me wonder... if I can do to someone else what the Master is doing to me."

It seemed that her reference to tumbling exercises was heard, but not understood. This was to be expected, considering such a statement had simply fallen out of her head because it was the first thing she'd thought of mastering in her entire existence. "Ah... well," she paused a little seeming a tad sheepish for the first time. "I kind of had a dream or rather a wish to be top clown when I was a kid. I am an excellent tumbler, with great comedic timing and all, but I wanted to be the best ever..." she said stopping just shy of mentioning something extremely childish and embarrassing for her. Somehow, looking at Luxu's face made this entire situation way worse for her, as if she was admitting to something embarrassing or remembering it with someone who should know what she meant. But that couldn't be possible at all. As such, she allowed the conversation to shift away from this point, easing into the reason that someone like Master Luxu had apparently changed his mind about making Kairos his apprentice.

Surprisingly enough, there wasn't an actual negative reason associated with it, at least not from Kairos' perspective. Instead, the young master with her, was worried about potentially taking another person from their current situation and placing them into the same boat he was in. "Ah, that's not quite the kind of reasoning I expected... but I get where you're coming from," she said only to chuckle a little. "Well, as much as I can, given I don't really know what kind of task you've been assigned. But I've already figured out that every mask-bearer I've seen has a different task so it's assumable you have something like that too," she said. Agrabah was a interesting point of contention for the lad, apparently the thought of her being willing to throw herself to the darkness to save someone was surprising to him, and marked her closeness with her friend. "Eh, I didn't see it as that risky in the first place, if I am being honest. I would have done the same thing for anyone I considered my friend. It just so happened that at the time I only had one..." she said thoughtfully. "In fairness to you though, it wouldn't really be something you caused, if someone decided to join you," she said while nodding her head considering the best way to bend the previously mentioned sentences to fit her current desires.

"You were a clown, huh? That's an interesting thing for a kid to be doing with their life, but if it's something you found to be worth pursuing... good for you," he stated in regards to Kairos' childhood wish. As for the matter of Luxu's apprentice, Kairos had other reasons in mind for why he would have removed her from the list, but no such reasons existed. She at least understood that the Foretellers each had a role to fulfill, and gave no exception to him in the thought. She was in no way wrong about this, but it seemed Luxu himself had been wrong in assuming Kairos had thrown herself into darkness for a specific individual. "That doesn't make it much better. In that case, I would be telling someone to choose one person over another," he said. Nevertheless, the following words which left Kairos' mouth implied that her own choice in becoming his apprentice would discard any blame toward himself for placing someone in such a predicament. The idea alone was grand, even if still somewhat bitter. In the end, he could only laugh just a tad. "That would make it better, yeah. Knowing the journey ahead though, I don't think there's a reason good enough to fully make it a good decision. That's why I thought... it might be best if I waited until the end to go looking for someone."

"Yep, I was a clown... And it was pretty fun," she said still managing to look sheepish. Though this was thought to be a strange undertaking for a child, Luxu apparently thought it was good for her, so long as she found merit in it. Such a thing made a grin come to her face. Still, it seemed the reasoning behind Kairos' actions after they were revealed still bothered the master a tad, as it was thought that it meant now that he would be making a person choose between situations instead of simply acting based on a previously established notion. "Nope. Nothing like that either, just doing whatever is right in the moment, no choices need be made... Don't think. Feel so good~" this was all Kairos had to say about it. Perhaps the level of happy-go-lucky she was normally didn't allow her to think too much about things like that. The consequences of her actions, the words she spoke, and all of the things about her which made their marks upon the world, were but a passing thought to the lass. Still eventually a laugh would come from this young man, and though it wasn't the type she was looking for, she'd accept it and his apparently logic while shrugging it off, and even teasing the words of the statement she found troublesome. "Laughs gotta come from deeper than that... way down in there," she said. "And, it goes without saying that last bit was too ominous. Overall the sales pitch is a bit creepy, but never underestimate the curiosity of a nosy person~" she said, giving into the idea at least in jest, that she might follow him just to find out what he was worried about. And giving a mild critique of his words as if pep-talking some sort of salesman. She truly felt this lad could spare a bit to lighten up just a tad, but she had been a clown previously and generally felt this way about everyone when she was in the sort of mood she currently was.

Something about the words spoken by Kairos struck a chord within Luxu. Specifically, it was the end of her speech regarding living in the moment. Luxu was suddenly brought back, interestingly enough, to something that was once almost considered a bedtime story to him. 'Kingdom Hearts is always there when you "Don't think, feel so... Good" things wait for those who open their Hearts.' He spoke aloud the words Kairos herself said, but the rest flowed through his mind in a haze. Overall, it was an interesting sentence to speak, and one which immediately took its own place in his mind. Nevertheless, his spirits were lifted somewhat. "Right. I'll work on getting my sales up. Maybe I'll recruit a Moogle to do the work for me. Anyway... I can't do anything about a curious mind; I've got my own to deal with. If you ever wanna know... there's always a door to all the information I have, and it's still waiting for someone to unlock it."

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast