Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny Islands

Kairos was enthused by the idea of having a bit of fun in the hair of Master Luxu. But beyond this, the matter of the Heartless was more immediately pressing, as it lay stunned by the attack which had been levied against it, the young master apparently came up with an idea. He thanked Kairos for making him a Wayfinder, and went on to bring himself towards her, asking for the item that he might show her about the magic he'd added to the one he'd given her. Apparently he thought this Wayfinder might be the key to his victory and as such, Kairos held it out to him allowing him to take it, while looking sheepishly. "It's no problem, really. And if you think it will help~" she mentioned as she turned it over, only to continue watching. She allowed her eyes to wander towards the fallen creature and wondered how long it would stay out for, perhaps only a short while longer so she was curious about what the lad intended to do with the Wayfinder.

Luxu reached out to claim the Wayfinder so recently crafted for him, and upon doing so, he took a close look at it. "No problem, you say? It looks like this took a lot of effort to be made in a short amount of time. Anyway..." Without further ado, Luxu held the charm close to his heart and infused it with his magic to the same extent he'd once done with Kairos' own Wayfinder. In doing so, he also decided to make use of the spell within it to summon the power of Kairos into himself. The end result of this was Luxu standing in a way which directly mimicked the general posture of Kairos, as if he'd become her in a way. "Kukuku~. That's the edge I needed," he said, banishing both of his Keyblades and crossing his legs at the ankle, whilst also raising both of his arms over his head. "Alright! Time for the grand finale!" was his closing statement. At this point, he was content to let the Heartless recover from its previous beating, if only to take it head-on once more.

Notice was taken by Master Luxu, that though Kairos claimed the creation of this Wayfinder wasn't a big deal, that she'd taken a great deal of care in completing the task. Her eyes widened just a little and a small blush came to her face. She truly had no idea why she'd done such a thing, it'd simply been something she thought she should do. She felt it fair in light of their current level of bonding and perhaps something more she couldn't quite place her finger on yet. "I mean... if you say so," the girl muttered as she crossed her arms over her chest. She had moments of generosity and strangeness in her own behavior often but it was rather rare for it to be called out in such a way.

Beyond this point though, she got to see how this Wayfinder would actually be used, and by infusing it with his magic, it seemed Master Luxu was able to draw something out of it, similar to the power Kairos possessed. This manifested in his stance which she noticed immediately, like an out-of-body experience. "No way!" she muttered, surprised by what she was seeing. In the meantime the Heartless that had attacked them was walking up, flailing a bit around it immediately before it cleared its own confusion from its mind. After a second it locked eyes on Master Luxu who had now banished his two Keyblades and had taken an odd posture and aimed to charge him again. This time aiming to ram him again with its lowered head while roaring like a wild beast. This charge was similar to all previous charges and while not at a great speed, it packed a marvelous amount of power as it aimed to gore the young lad.

As Luxu awaited the approach of his enemy, his stance took on a rather interesting movement pattern. He turned his left side toward the Heartless while his legs separated, and his hips began to sway to and fro. The Heartless encroached upon him, and at the speed it was moving, he was once again left with enough room and time to move forward. This time, he flipped forward into a hand-stand using his left arm alone as his body's support, only to begin spinning in place with his legs in a split.

Luxu launched himself into the air before the Heartless' horn struck him, but instead of aiming to land on it this time, he summoned his original Keyblade in his right hand and moved it in the direction of the beast's horn from above. He wasn't nearly close enough to strike it, but the movement alone gave him enough momentum to begin moving toward where his Keyblde was swung. Then came the special power of Luxu's true Keyblade. The time related only to Luxu himself fractured, creating a total of five copies of Luxu that were mere seconds apart from one another in this brief temporal paradox. Each one held the effect of his Wayfinder linked to Kairos, granting them enough dexterity and general maneuverability that they grouped together for a strange attack. The copy closest to the Heartless grabbed the legs of the one behind himself, who grabbed the legs of the one behind himself. This chain applied to each copy in sequence. In reverse order, each Luxu threw the one they held toward the Heartless' exposed horn from overhead, leading each one thrown into a direct Keyblade strike after a forward roll, adding the power of this built-up momentum to the attacks one after another.

Kairos got to watch as this boy's stance soon translated into movements much more fluid and maneuverable than those she'd seen from him before. The level of dexterity shown in his movements were similar to what Kairos herself boasted as a showy flip with a spinning motion which he used to launch himself over the beast before going at it in a way almost unimaginable. The raven-haired lass looked on as repeated strikes against this creatures exposed horn were made, by multiple clones of Luxu launched from the hands of the one before it. Each strike did a massive bit of damage to the creature it attacked. The behemoth Heartless was battered dumb and too stunned to move as a total of five attacks rained down on it from above. At the final one it seemed to completely slump over once again, falling to the ground. Only this time, its heart was released and its body began to dissipate into darkness. Kairos watched with wide eyes before she began clapping with child-like excitement. "Bravo!~ Those are some pretty crazy moves. I'm really impressed!~" she almost sang happily. She was amazed that he could pull off something like that. Her own movements she knew to be rather hard to follow and likely harder to use, and had taken her years to master in such a way to make them combat appropriate. And here, Master Luxu managed it in only a few moments. It was pretty amazing.

The fall of the Heartless allowed Luxu to descend safely onto the ground without any interference. During this time, his 'time clones' faded away. Luxu landed and bowed toward Kairos simultaneously, presenting this final gesture for his one-person audience while the Heartless' purified heart floated into the sky. "Thank you, thank you!" he said before the link wore off, returning him to his normal demeanor. "I was impressed too. I'd seen enough of your moves to figure they would help out, but I didn't think you'd make me do something like that! Good job!"

After the Heartless ceased to exist, Luxu lowered himself to the ground and took a bow uttering thanks in response to Kairos' cheers. Of course the magic used by the lad would fade and his demeanor would return to normal. When this happened though, Luxu's words became ones of praise aimed directly at Kairos for what she'd apparently made him do through whatever abilities of hers he picked up by using the Wayfinder. "Huh? But that was all you... well it did look like you copied me a bit..." she said thinking about the situation a bit more. "But you can't really give me credit for that can you?" she asked while she approached the lad a bit more directly. The lad's level of control with those sorts of physical acrobatics was about what she would have expected of herself if she'd had his body and his powers. "Wait... is that what the Wayfinder is for? Does it let you use my skills, like my physical ones?" she asked, as this was the only possible reason anything the lad had done in his most recent exchange could have been connected to her. She hadn't much thought about the Wayfinder she'd been given, aside from spending a while looking at it. Even so, if it allowed an exchange of skills in this manner, she'd imagine his becoming even more useful to her than her initial thoughts about it summoning him.

"Copied you? Hardly," Luxu said as he stepped closer to the raven-haired girl. She seemed to be believing she didn't deserve credit for his victory against the Heartless, but he assumed it wouldn't take long for her to figure out why such credit was given. True enough, she came around in no time at all, questioning the magic within the Wayfinders shared between them. As far as her question was concerned, she was on the right track. Only a few minor details were missing, but Luxu was content to offer the rest of the necessary information while shifting his own hair out of his face. "It's... not quite that limited, actually. Wayfinders are based on the Paopu Fruit, which ties destinies together... so Wayfinders themselves tie hearts together. With the magic I put in these, they react to bonds between hearts by bringing those hearts together... even across dimensions. Dimension Link is what I thought to call it. Basically, I can use this right now to become as much like you as possible, depending on how strong our bond is. Turns out, that was even stronger than I expected it to be."

"Huh..." she paused, the lad's follow sentences gave a bit more clarification to her thoughts. Apparently, the Wayfinders had a purpose which made them similar to the fruit they came here seeking. But instead of connecting destinies, they connected the hearts of the people who had them, even across dimensions. Such a thing allowed him to become more like her, the stronger the connections between their hearts. He even went so far as to say, that it was stronger than he'd thought it would be, but she was left to wonder how he meant that. "Dimension Link? Stronger how? I mean, that's a really weird way to use magic but... seems pretty handy for clutch situations. I like it. Thanks~" she said this time for the explanation and for giving her one as well, which she could only think would be more useful in the future instead of less. Moreover she found herself looking the lad over while pulling at her right wrist and beneath her glove she hand a single white hair-tie which she'd give to the lad. Still, she was considering his general look and decided that she liked his hair better loose, but it was a bit too plain without something interesting to go on with it. "Ya' know. This hair of yours is really crazy, but I like it all wild and loose. But it could use a little accent, you know... a little defining characteristic~" she mentioned as she paused standing before him framing his face with her fingers from a short distance as she decided, what his face needed. "I got it!" she chimed seemingly excited by whatever she decided. She approached the lad's fore directly, and assuming she went undisturbed she'd go on to provide the lad a single braid on the left side of his face which helped to frame it better. At the end, where it would have gone loose she attached the small hair-tie at the end, giving the lad a new look. After a moment she'd step back and look at the lad, and then rather suddenly, she'd become stunned. She definitely recognized this face, and this hair... and in this single moment, all of those memories rushed back to her.

Kairos had a single curiosity remaining, that being exactly how the Dimension Link had been made stronger than Luxu's expectations. "Well like I said, the link is based on the bond between hearts. I didn't expect the bond to be so strong, considering most of our interactions happened in aborted timelines. Or maybe... it's things we haven't even done yet. Who knows? Nothing to worry about right now, right?" he asked rhetorically. Moving on, Kairos had some sort of idea fitting her own preference for Luxu's hair. He didn't particularly mind leaving it loose as an idea, so he figured he'd leave her to her work. She only applied effort to one segment of his hair, but it seemed to be for the sake of leaving a braid to actually 'accent' his otherwise loose locks just as she'd mentioned previously. Shortly afterwards, Luxu was watching Kairos have some odd reaction to his new appearance, which concerned him simply because he couldn't see himself. "What? What!? Don't tell me it's hideous! Am I hideous!?"

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast