Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny Islands

Master Luxu explained what he'd meant by the strength of the Dimension Link being stronger than he'd expected. And it took quite a different turn than Kairos expected. Given the kind of action this lad was prone to taking, she'd just assumed he'd put too much magic into it, and partially exhausted himself, or made it stronger than he'd intended by doing so in the moment. But instead, he referred to the bond between them being stronger than he expected, especially given that he knew most of their interactions to be within timelines that ended. Her eyes widened at this, "Uh, yeah, definitely not gonna worry about it too much. It sounds like another of those random confusing things~" the girl mentioned with a chuckle. She went right back to what she was going to do afterwards, particularly as it concerned Luxu's hair.

She'd finished and now she was looking at a face she'd known extensively in her childhood. It was rather sudden, but the strange familiarity she'd felt around this lad, as well as the confusion surrounding his face were suddenly made so clear to her, it was as if a veil had been lifted from her mind. She remembered his rather encouraging presence, which she'd likened to her imaginary friend when she was much younger. It'd actually been him to give her the confidence she'd needed to pursue her dream of becoming top clown. In having this thought, she'd gone all but completely silent with a dumbfounded look on her face, but then rather suddenly she was brought back to the moment she was currently in, and that was one in which Luxu was just a man who'd had something changed about his appearance. The hysteria of his questioning made a small giggle erupt from Kairos, as her eyes widened to their maximum. "Kukukukukuku~" she laughed without being able to speak at first. "Oh stop it! You're not hideous. It's a great adjustment..." she said stepping back from the lad and holding her fingers up before his face to frame it. "Yep, definitely some of my best work, that little braid is a conversation piece~ A work of art, it adds so much character. You have no idea!~"

Luxu didn't know what to think of whatever his new look was, but after his questioning of it, Kairos began laughing. This only made the young master more confused in the moments until she began to explain. Alas, there still wasn't much to go by. He hadn't taken a moment to even rationalize how he likely looked now, yet Kairos claimed the adjustment was well-placed. "Huh? But... you're laughing," he replied. Mere seconds later, he thought about his own initial reaction. "Oh, wait. Never mind. I get it." With a sigh, Luxu straightened his posture and lifted his new braid on the back of his left hand to look at it. Though small, it was an interesting little feature from his own perspective. One thing he didn't understand though, was the reaction of Kairos to the new look if it wasn't something atrocious. "Why the staring though? You looked like you'd seen a ghost for a second."

Master Luxu seemed confused by Kairos reaction to his hysteria, but he was a clever young man and seemed to catch up, before the raven-haired lass even had to explain herself properly. "Yeah, you should have seen your face!~" she teased the lad for the absurdity of his reaction, though she supposed turning over any aspect of one's appearance to someone else had to be a bit jarring, even to the most confident of individuals.

Still, because this lad was rather quick-witted, Kairos soon found herself in a bit of a conundrum. In fact, this would lead to more staring as she ran through her mind the potentials of doing something as simple as answering this lad's questions. 'Hm, if I answer him honestly, and he hadn't done the thing I am thinking about yet, then... he might not do it, if he's trying not to be my friend. He was really important to me though, even as a kid, I needed his presence I don't want that not to happen because I said anything...' she thought only to avert her gaze. 'Uh, but I don't want to lie to him and have him find out later and not do it to fix it...' she gave in to mental tirade, as she rubbed her face trying to find the best possible solution. 'Still, I feel like he deserves some sort of answer it'd be wrong not to say something... but he's too clever for me to just be cryptic,' she finished up only to groan. "Ugh, I don't even have time-stuff, and it's still a nightmare..." she mumbled under her breath. Aloud though she had something else to say, "Less ghost, more imaginary friend," she said with a firm nod of her head. "And I don't think I should explain, because it'd be embarrassing, and confusing... so just trust me. The hair is spectacular, your minor fit about potentially being hideous was hilarious, and I know something you might not know yet~" she said sticking her tongue out at the lad. She hadn't say anything that would likely make sense to anyone else, but she also hadn't been dishonest, nor did she think she'd said anything to break time, but she supposed she'd only find that out after the fact anyways.

Further curiosity showed in Luxu's face when Kairos spoke something not quite audible enough to make out. What she said in a clear fashion was no less confusing, considering she altered his mention of a ghost to something about an imaginary friend. "Imaginary friend... huh..." he said, seeming to be no more in the know than he had been previously. Kairos claimed he should simply trust her, and stated that she knew something he wasn't privy to yet. This final statement gave him some semblance of clarity to be explained away by a single, strange statement. "Oh. I get it. Wibbly wobbly," he said, clearly content to move on from there. "At least I'm not hideous. I don't want the hood to become something I use to compensate for an ugly mug."

"Yeah, yeah, not a word from you~" she mused, though inwardly there was much more to such a statement. 'Actually, I didn't make anything up, but that's just weird. I wonder if he's just used to this sort of thing?' she questioned herself about the nature of Master Luxu's abilities and how he handled them. Of course, a few moments after this he went on to make a statement that made it seem like he understood at least a little of why she couldn't tell him more. "Wibbly wobbly?" she questioned, figuring for just a moment she knew something else. 'Ugh.' she thought again only to move on towards something more easily manageable. This being, Master Luxu's appearance. "If not the hood, then face paint!~" the girl said, though there was absolutely nothing wrong with the lad's face. "Not that you need it~ It's just much less drastic, ya' know?" she chimed. In all actuality, Kairos found him to be quite attractive, not that she had any plans of mentioning such a thing directly.

"It's no big deal. All kids have imaginary friends, whether they're ghosts or toys with personalities, who... might not even realize they're toys," Luxu commented while trailing off ever so slightly. As for his assertion regarding his own understanding of Kairos' point, the girl questioned his word choice this time. "It's... something else I used to hear a lot when temporal paradoxes and stuff were being explained to me... or caused by me. Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey~" he repeated from memory.

The pair had been standing around chatting for some time now, and though time itself was hardly a factor for Luxu, there was still the purpose of this journey to address. He looked toward the smaller, bridged island with the leaning tree. There was the location of the fruit he desired, and with it in his sights, he began moving forward. "I couldn't get away with painting my face. There are a few people who would be really upset if I covered my face up like that."

According to Master Luxu, any imaginary friends Kairos might have had as a child weren't really a big deal. It was apparently a very normal thing, even though kids had different manifestations for the vocalizations of such things. This wasn't entirely her problem with it though, given that she only shrugged, also noting the small hiccup in the man's speech which led her to believe he'd seen something rather strange among his travels. "Hm, I get that, I suppose... maybe I am still just young enough to be mortified by kid me..." she said thinking of the difference between herself now and herself say about a decade ago. But that made little difference here and now, if only so she didn't have to be embarrassed for herself multiple times. Moreover he went on to explain his statement and how he'd come to learn it which only made the raven-haired lass chuckle. "Uh-huh... now I am just imagining you trying to explain to you... why you can't do stuff... and that is somehow, hilarious~" she mentioned.

Still there was the reason they'd come to the island in the first place and after Master Luxu began moving forward she would as well though without the amount of varied movement she'd been shown to have earlier in this day. Furthermore, as they walked it was commented by Master Luxu that certain people would be upset if he painted his face, "Is it clown fear? 'Cause that's a real thing apparently~" she said with a chuckle. "Though I suppose I could get that face paint is usually hit or miss... unless you're like seven and you want to be a kitty for the day or something like that~" this girl joked around as they made their way to that strange leaning tree and a fruit with the power to control destiny.

Once he was close enough, Luxu jumped onto the bridge leading to the smaller island. "Oh, it wasn't me who said it first... unless I did. Either way, I first heard it from my master," he explained. As their conversation continued, he moved on to the new island and seated himself on the tree which contained what he believed to be the Paopu Fruit. From there, he held out his left hand with a grin. "It's not clown fear. By the way, I'm no expert or anything, but what you said makes me want to believe you were a seven year-old cat at some point. You probably could have opened with that."

As they approached the bridge to the island, Kairos also jumped up after Luxu, finding herself easily in step with him with a relaxed posture and a hand on her waist as she nodded her understanding that the lad hadn't been the one to tell himself things. It was instead the Master of Masters who'd given him all of his time based lessons. "I am just saying, the one man show idea is getting pretty big~" she joked giving herself time to laugh about it as they moved forward. Upon reaching the island Luxu went on to claim a seat upon this tree, before extending a hand to Kairos. She looked at him taking his hand and hopping up to have a seat as well. His cheeky commentary made her eyes widen slightly before she narrowed them and exhaled. "Well, when you are seven comedy is much harder to mediate... the cat thing was cool~" she said appearing to be a bit huffy as she crossed her arms over her chest. It was quite unusual for someone else to be that clever, and beyond it, she wasn't exactly used to people picking out the finer bits of her jokes in their relation to her. Still they'd come quite far this day, and she didn't imagine their journey ending anytime soon, even if it would be experienced in a strange way. 'I guess, I never really had any reservations in the first place... he was always my friend.'

"Comedy? You're saying comedy was the reason you dressed up like a kitten?" Luxu asked whilst laughing. He almost reached a point of hysteria when thinking of what Kairos had said, and it was a good amount of relaxation that he hadn't obtained since his most recent meeting with Master Ava. Finishing his laughter with a sigh, he looked to his side which was vacant of Kairos, and reached out to pick a Paopu Fruit. He then turned to lean against the tree while facing Kairos, holding the fruit out while gripping only half of it. "You're willing to share it then? There's no telling how potent it could be."

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast