Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny Islands

It was obvious by the lad's questioning that Master Luxu understood at least a little of the comedic value of Kairos being some sort of kitten, though he'd made it a question. Kairos still managed to seem a bit huffy though and had a bit of sass to go with it. "Well obviously, kittens are adorable and lead to big laughs in certain situations. You're already laughing and you don't even know the bit yet, it was foolproof!~" she said with an offered wink before she drug down her left lower eye lid and stuck her tongue out at the lad. And that was all she had to say in justification of her small child's self comedic timing. Obviously her sense of humor had matured as much as she had physically and she'd gotten into a bit darker yet still fun-loving.

Master Luxu's laughter calmed eventually, and he even managed to snag a fruit off the tree after reclining against it. He extended it to the lass and asked if she was willing to share it, and Kairos reached out for it, her hand meeting it at her halfway point. "Yep. Doesn't matter how strong it is, or isn't. I've already made up my mind about it~" Kairos mentioned seemingly happy about the entire situation. Of course she was, for her, this meeting went from cheering up a new friend to hanging out with an old one, and it was a shift which happened in her mind almost seamlessly. "I got my heart set on trying this fruit. So, let's do it!~"

"Right, so firstly, I think you just claimed you were adorable as a seven year-old. Most people stop at cute, ya' know? Secondly, I wasn't laughing because you were dressed like a kitten. I was laughing at the fact that you admitted to dressing up like a cat. What's next? Do you still do it when nobody's looking?" he joked. Kairos reached out to grasp the Paopu Fruit, but Luxu did not intend to act until he received a proper answer to his question. Once her hand was upon the second half of the fruit though, she mentioned that her mind was already made up. With that said, Luxu smiled and twisted his wrist to break the fruit in half. The half in his hand did not move toward his own mouth, but instead, the young master moved it forward to Kairos. "Well if your heart's set, there's nothing more to say. To destiny."

A minor tirade would leave the mouth of Master Luxu, as he aimed to pick apart Kairos' previous statements in a manner most akin to a joke. Her eyes widened in shock. "That's your interpretation. I never said anything like that... though, as a word, cute is kinda bland. No show stopping potential~" she said with a chuckle as for whether or not she dressed as a kitten now she simply shook her head from left to right. "Obviously, I have a bird thing going now... and who knows, next week it could be something completely different~" she said of her own stylistic choices which changed quite a bit whenever she got in the mood to switch. She also chose to ignore the bit about her choosing to admit this, because obviously she didn't have much shame about anything. She'd already admitted that her prime directive as a child was trying to be a clown, there was literally nothing more embarrassing.

In the meantime the fruit held between their hands was split by a twisting motion of the Master Luxu's wrist. After this half of this fruit came towards her face, but not by her own hand. Apparently her confirmation had been enough for the lad to offer her the half of the fruit she held, so she did the same. "Destiny... huh? That's cool I guess..." she stated intending to take a bite of the fruit the same time the Master did, and surprisingly having no shame about sharing food this way.

"Cute is bland, so you pick adorable? Alright," was all Luxu had to say about Kairos' choice in words, seemingly in specific reference to her younger self. As for her potential to change whatever random animal fixation she had on a whim, he had nothing at all in mind to say. Alas, there was half a Paopu Fruit being pushed toward his face, mimicking his own movement of the half in his hand, and such a thing required his attention and a very specific reaction. The only thing he could do at this point, and what he did after all, was open his mouth and chomp down on the fruit in unison with the raven-haired girl. A few chews later, he was already appraising the strange fruit. "Hm. It's... sweet."

"Yep!~" Kairos said about her word choice when applied to her younger self. Of course, if asked there were very different adjectives applied to her now.. most recently 'creepy' but she didn't mind these either. Instead, there was the fruit in front of her face, and there was now a bite of fruit within her mouth. The young woman's eyes widened just a bit as she realized this tasted amazing, and she had a hankering for sweets earlier and this satisfied it. But perhaps there was something more to it than that. "Sweet is about the only way to describe it~ Best decision of the day!~" the lass chimed happily. She felt now power, no ties to destiny or anything like that, but she supposed at the end of the day, she was sharing a fun moment with a friend and that was all she really wanted out of any day. "This would be great in ice cream~"

It didn't take long at all for Luxu to chew his bite to completion and swallow the fruit. He also didn't feel much of anything, but as one who frequently meddled with the laws of reality via time travel, he never really expected much by way of that anyway. Alas, there was an interesting feeling within, even if it was nothing tangible. This day, he'd solidified a bond in a way he'd never done before. Perhaps there was nothing special to this fruit at all. Perhaps it was simply the legend of the Paopu Fruit which made itself true the moment two people decided to share it, directly tying their destinies together only by agreeing to do so through this act of sharing. One could only wonder what the case really was. "That's that, then. Even if you don't want to become my apprentice... we're connected now," he said. As for the flavor of this fruit within ice-cream, Luxu could only lean against the tree again while snickering. "Probably. I don't know if that would be a good idea, though. Something about casually mixing a fate-altering fruit with a common treat seems a little... paradox-y."

As they ate and relaxed atop this tree together, it was mentioned by Master Luxu, that even if Kairos didn't wish to become his apprentice their fates were now connected. She thought about this and nodded. "Uh-huh... it'll be fun~" she said, speaking both with excitement for the future and nostalgia from the past. It was as if she simply knew this to be true. As they progressed in conversation though, the brown-haired young man leaned back against the tree and mentioned his qualms with potentially adding this fruit to ice cream. "I don't know, imagine the marketing, Destiny Pops!~ Flavor of choice, Paradox and Cream~" she joked, she knew it was crazy to think of mixing something as miniscule as ice cream with something like a destiny-altering fruit, but the lines just wrote themselves at this point.

As Luxu leaned against the leaning tree, he found himself looking into the now star-filled sky with some amount of wonder in his visage. Though he may have seen a bit spacey, Kairos' words were certainly not lost to him. "Paradox and Cream Destiny Pops, huh..." he said nonchalantly. The fruit half he'd previously held out to Kairos was lifted again, this time to Luxu's own mouth, where he took his second bite of the overall fruit. He seemed to be doing so without thought, and obviously without worry for biting after someone else. "A Fatecicle. Wait, no... that's absolutely terrible. I didn't say that."

As Master Luxu stared off at the sky, Kairos did as well, finding the vision to be one she appreciated. This little island full of childlike wonder and the sound of the ocean. Soft sands and a tree with the power to define fate. It was a nice place to inhabit while also having with herself good company. Strangely, though he appeared to be spaced out, Luxu had at least heard what Kairos was saying about Paradox and Creme and thought to reply with one of his own. But the word 'fatecicle' didn't really sound appetizing. Beyond that, he seemed to realize this immediately, but Kairos was already laughing. In fact, she was laughing so hard she almost choked on their shared destiny fruit she'd been eating just as absently as the lad with her. "Ack-kukukukuku~" she chuckled pausing to hold her sides and keep her balance atop the tree where she sat. "Nope, you said it. You said it and you're never living it down. Fatecicle," she laughed hysterically. After a few moments she managed to calm herself but there was still an errant snicker or two to escape her lips. 'Fatecicle.' the thought was enough for Kairos to find it humorous but she was content to be quiet for a few moments longer, until of course, she remembered her earlier curiosity and it pertained to something rather important. "Oi! Right... I forgot I was going to ask, you get an apprentice right, but what do you need them to do? I mean I really wouldn't mind that sort of thing, but you made it sound kinda like a buzz kill before..." Kairos put her curiosity out in the open air because there was no way she could decide one way or another without at least this relatively tiny bit of information.

"Hmm. I could just undo everything. You really wouldn't have heard a thing then, and I could come up with something better," Luxu claimed. However, he didn't seem to be contemplating this with any semblance of seriousness. "Nah. That's too much to deal with," he said in the end. Luxu was far too busy relaxing against the Paopu Tree to even care about such a thing. Kairos' concern regarding her potential apprenticeship under Luxu's wing was certainly worth addressing though, so with only a moment of thought, the master did exactly that. "It depends. If I were to get an apprentice before the part of the prophecy I need to observe wraps up, my apprentice would have to help me make sure everything happens the way the Master wrote it down. No matter whether I have an apprentice for that part or not though, the reason I need an apprentice... is to pass on the Keyblade given to me by the Master. My apprentice has to join me in becoming the driving force of the future, and has to keep that Keyblade moving forward until the time is right. That's all. The only part that's a buzzkill about it is... well, the loneliness."

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast