Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny Islands

It seemed that Master Luxu was at least capable of keeping up the sort of joking conversation that Kairos liked having, even going so far as to mention that she couldn't even joke about having his hair because he'd been growing it his whole life. The almost genuine shock of the moment made the young woman laugh just a little. "I mean, it will keep growing, it isn't like you need all of it~" she snapped backwards without so much as a casual thought. Of course, there was also the matter of his eyes and apparently he was willing to part with one of them which made the young woman click her tongue against her teeth. "Naw, that doesn't work. I'm a little greedy, I need the pair~" she stated plainly seeming to be serious just for a moment before her eyes went on to watch the carnage below. During this, and because of her questioning of the use of 'za' spell suffixes Master Luxu also mentioned that it was something like a milestone to achieve this level of spell. Noting that being able to do so would open up a world of possibilities. Kairos watched while a great number of Darksides began to disappear.

"Wow! Really?! Ya' know, I didn't really know anybody who was better at magic than me before, so I hadn't really considered it could go farther..." she mentioned, thinking it had been a good idea to pick at the man's brain a bit. It'd gotten her a lot of useful information. "I'm gonna do stuff with that... thanks~" she said offering her gratitude for the new information. At the mention that there was magic beyond even that, her eyes widened as she imagined the use of her favored kind of spell on an even more massive scale. She couldn't help but become giddy with laughter about it as an idea, even though she wasn't necessarily set upon the amount of destruction she could cause with such a skill set, she wasn't above having said power. Still she didn't seem too bothered by the fact that everything below them seemed to be disappearing in the tide of the magic they'd unleashed.

"Well that's just downright selfish of you," he jested during a slow, measured descent. Luxu would never reach the coated ground, nor would he allow Kairos to do so. Not moving too far away, he shifted himself toward Kairos. Her intention to go above and beyond the standard for magical ability was much like his own some years ago, albeit with different circumstances surrounding it. "I didn't know anyone better than me either. But... I'm always looking for something more," he stated. With that, his Keyblade's chain switched, converting his Keyblade to its blue state with a clock face at its tip. A misty blue aura emerged from the Keyblade, enshrouding both Luxu and Kairos. Suddenly, they would be standing once again on the island as the sun began to set, though he altered their location slightly so their view would be that of another, smaller island off the shore. "That's more like it. I got a pretty good view of the place while those Darksides were out. There are some trees over there that might have fruit on them."

"Is it?" she said also in jest, like she hadn't the slightest idea why such a thing could be considered selfish, and with this began a minor monologue which bordered upon the level of tirade in its comedic value. "Well, fine... I suppose I could let you keep them. Ya' know, since with gifts it's supposed to be the thought that counts. Plus, I might not like them so much if they were just floating around somewhere. Your face is kinda necessary for the overall ascetic..." she said taking a moment to frame his face with her fingers as if making a picture of his face, including his hair that she stared at a few seconds too long as he moved towards her. Though given she'd also claimed to have wanted his hair she realized that her earlier desires could have been satisfied with much more simple request. And as such that would be the punchline to the jest going for quite sometime. "Hmm, I could have just asked for your head by that logic~" she finished this monologue as they made their way towards the ground but apparently didn't touch it.

At the notion that he hadn't known anyone better than himself either she only scoffed. "Well not all of us can be self-motivated," she offered sticking her tongue out at the lad and managing to seem like she was in a huff, but not being anything of the sort. Still there was the matter of something new happening before her. Strangely, this lad's Keyblade was made into the form she'd first seen it as. Besides this the time around them was altered but both retained a common knowledge of what had happened previously. She even got to see and feel a strange blue mist. "Hmm, that's a bit different... Nice, nice..." she mused as if it was a simple apprasial of his abilities. Moving along from this there was the commentary that a nearby smaller island had some trees on it, that he might find his destiny-altering fruit. "Hm, island-hopping, sounds like a bit of fun. Let's go!~" she mused content to follow along with the same amount of vigor she'd led her previous adventure with.

Once time was reset in this world, Luxu stepped forward with his Keyblade still in hand. Turning to Kairos again, he raised said Keyblade to the nape of his neck whilst wearing a cheeky grin, aiming to address her statements made prior to his time-altering. "Well, if the rest of my face needs to stay, I guess there's no other way, is there? Some queen wanted my head taken off once, but you were a lot nicer about it, so... I think you might deserve it." As he spoke these words, Luxu took steps backwards toward a canoe at the shore's edge. One of these would be a rather easy way of crossing the sea toward the other island, at least for the sake of taking some extra relaxation time and avoiding some teleportation method. "So, shall we go the old-fashioned way? Well, you and my severed head, I mean..."

A cheeky grin would be what greeted Kairos and her eyes would widen just a tad, as it was mentioned by the lad that someone else had once demanded his head. He apparently thought Kairos more deserving of it in this case and it caused her to chuckle just a bit. "Well, that Queen has good taste. And I can't say I blame her, the whole head is a great package, nice eyes, great hair, good brain, and that cheeky smirk~" she mused seeming to find something interesting about those things when taken all together. The thought that she deserved these things in someway was also a bit tantalizing to her, but she couldn't exactly place why. As they moved along, with Master Luxu moving backwards, he claimed that they could take it the old-fashioned way, by a tiny canoe. Kairos having been walking along all this time simply nodded her agreement. "Of course, of course. We have to take time and smell the roses. Or I guess... ocean. Whatever... also, I can't travel with just your head. That'd be a bit boring, I have nothing to carry it in... it'd be a big mess..." she said seeming to find it funnier than she had previously. And giving a confirmation to the idea of taking the canoe in the first place. "Besides, I have no intention of rowing that canoe alone. And... it'd be pretty boring to have to make-up your end of the jokes too~" she mentioned content to take up place in the canoe when it was reached and help row it along whenever they took off towards this new island.

"Oh?" Luxu replied as the Keyblade was moved away from his neck and waved about in a very lackadaisical manner. "Well thanks, but I get the impression that she wanted my head for different reasons. She didn't take to me very easily... or at all," he concluded. Turning around to face the canoe, he twirled his Keyblade until he finally banished it. Since Kairos had no apparent intention of rowing the canoe with his decapitated head in tow, he sighed and shrugged, as if figuring he'd have to leave his head attached. "Fine, fine. I'll just have to figure out what it means to be without a body another day. Well..." Whatever he intended to say, he paused and shook his head while laughing. Without further ado, he stepped into the canoe with a hand extended to Kairos. In a matter of moments after this, he fully intended to push the canoe off shore and begin moving toward the next island.

Kairos walked with Master Luxu as he waved his Keyblade about with reckless abandon. He began speaking on the matter of the Queen who'd wanted his head, and apparently he'd not made such a good impression on her as he did on Kairos. "Awww~ Well, better luck next time~" she said of the boy's lack of bonding with some Queen that wanted to cut his head off. While it was a bit weird to imagine, Kairos could at least find a bit of humor in trying to befriend someone who'd once wanted you dead for a simple reason. Soon enough, Kairos found a hand extended to her, after Luxu banished his Keyblade, she looked at him for a second longer than was necessary. His laughter in the moment prior was startling. She thought it cute in the moment considering how serious he'd been for a while when they'd first met up today. Still she took his hand and hopped into the canoe before he pushed it off and they headed for the island. "I feel like it's no fair if you don't share the punchline, but I also feel like it'd be lost on me~ You're a strange one, Master Luxu~" with that said the young woman looked out over the island with its setting sun and the water with wide eyes. It was quite an amazing sight to behold, and she found herself gently balanced in the boat staring over as if she had no fear of falling.

Luxu could agree to the comedic value of the hypothetical situation in which he would attempt befriending the queen. Of course he would never bother to do such a thing, but it was quite the interesting thought nonetheless. "Luck is an interesting word to apply," he commented, having come to know even more information he had no intention of sharing so openly. Still, he occasionally seemed incapable of holding back these initial statements, even when he intended to delve no further into the clauses. Perhaps it was for such a reason that Kairos called him strange, but as he rowed away bit by bit, he stared out into space without a single apparent worry about that matter in particular. "Yeah... some of my friends always thought so too," he commented, seeming to have lost himself in deep thought for a moment.

"Oh?" she quizzically asked though it was rhetorical. She thought of it as a funny moment. Beyond this though as the rowing began the lad seemed to be a bit spaced out, mentioning that some of his friends also thought him strange. "Hm... well that isn't a bad thing. Strange is cool..." Kairos said finding the lad staring off into space when she turned around to look at him. Her own choice in friends made it quite obvious that strange was exactly the type she enjoyed. Something she also enjoyed, was the look on this lad's face while he stared off into space. Though she'd mostly been talking in jest for the duration of their time spent together this day, she'd not be at all dishonest or joking when mentioning she enjoyed the look of Luxu's face. In getting to know him she was also starting to like his personality as well and that was a strange thing to consider. The moment she had this thought her eyes widened and she returned her gaze to the ocean and island ahead.

"You think so too, huh? One of my friends said the same thing once..." he added to the notion of strangeness being something 'cool' as spoken by Kairos and one other before. Though he remained spaced-out, he was no less attentive to the discussion at hand. In fact, the wanderings of his mind continuously led him back to this moment which continued to become something resembling his day-to-day life. "You remind me of my friends, actually. Well... some of them. Maybe that's why I considered making you my apprentice for so long."

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast