Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny Islands

"Oh. Okay..." this was all the response the normally quick-witted Kairos could manage in the face of such obvious danger. Still there was a grand sight coming and it was one which Kairos took in stride with widened eyes. A spell escaped Master Luxu's Keyblade the likes of which she'd never seen before, it grew in size as it aimed to entrap his opponent in a rather blistering swell of heat and flames. 'Wow! That's really amazing,' Kairos thought to herself a small smile coming to her face. She'd never seen a spell of such magnitude from anyone else and she was quite sure, that Master Luxu wouldn't be needing interference from someone like her. Only, a few seconds later something became apparent. Though the beast was wrapped up in flames and should have been burning into nothingness, it seemed unharmed as it charged forward. Though it wasn't fast at all, it seemed to be aiming to to swipe at Master Luxu with its giant horns as it roared once more, stomping several times thereafter as if its aim was to crush the young lad. All the while an orange ball of energy was charging between its horns. "Uh... that doesn't look good, but I believe in you, Master Luxu. I going to have to exit stage left~" said Kairos as her enhanced sense of balance allowed her to flip rather seamlessly out of the way of the violence of this area. As she flipped though she grabbed up the Thassala Shells from their earlier conversation before using her own barrier techniques to protect herself from what she assumed could be target-less attacks.

As a master, Luxu bore a great deal of confidence in his abilities against the Heartless. Sadly, his confidence was misplaced in this battle. While he hadn't used his maximum magical output against the Heartless, he also hadn't used a spell that should be without impact when it struck. There was no effect at all when the Heartless came charging through the flames toward Luxu, who observed the coming attack with wide-eyes. His left hand rose to form a barrier around him, though the quickly-cast spell was shattered on impact. This caused Luxu to be thrown back, leaving him to strike out against the following stamps with his Keyblade. Doing such a thing served as his defensive measure against the Heartless' feet, though he didn't seem to be having a very easy time of it at all. "Right... so it's a six. My magic's not doing anything. That's never happened..."

Kairos watched as even this Master's magic seemed to be a bit worthless in the endeavor. Of course, she'd been in a situation where her own magic was stifled beyond use, and she figured the lad knew enough to switch to relying on his own physical attributes whatever those might be. His words though, caused her eyes to widen as the stomping of this beast stopped and it turned its head towards the sky beginning to roar once more as the ball between its horns shot up into the sky. "Oh? A six, on that there one to five scale we were talking about... And your magic isn't working?" she said almost rhetorically. "The show's gonna be good~" the girl mused, wondering exactly what this lad was going to do against such a massive beast. What was more the energy he'd shot up into the sky began to rain down around him, aiming to mar everything within radius of his body. This energy fell in balls from the sky making it dangerous to stand in the open area of the beach. During this attack of the beast, Kairos watched as black balls of energy fell from the sky. "That just isn't fair..."

"Yeah... I'm just as surprised as you to know all of that. This is gonna be interesting... if we live," Luxu said regarding the Heartless he was currently fending off strike by strike. In spite of such a statement being made, he was being rather casual in his presentation. Moments later though, he was faced with another sort of challenge entirely. The Heartless produced a sphere of energy much like that which was created by Darksides, though when it was launched into the sky, it became a shower of dark energy to rain down upon the area inhabited by Luxu and the Heartless itself. "Really!? Ugh!" he griped. With one final swing of his Keyblade at the Heartless' foot, he moved forward to get ahead of the Keyblade, if only so the push against his target would add to his forward momentum. In doing so, he fell into a slide beneath the Heartless' body, where he remained sheltered from the onslaught. From beneath the Heartless, he thrust his Keyblade upward with the intention of penetrating its underbelly. If his magic wasn't going to work, he'd rely on his melee abilities alone. Such would surely be enough to get by against something so simple as a Heartless, no matter its strength. At least, this was the master's assumption based on what he'd witnessed thus far when battling the Darkness.

"In fairness it is already interesting... if I died after seeing it, I wouldn't be too disappointed. But I trust you not to want to stop at just seeing this, and you know, to not get me killed~" Kairos mentioned, as the lad carried on his activities. He seemed to have slid underneath the great beast while the energy balls rained down from the sky. Such a thing was quite amazing for Kairos to see, and underneath the beast was indeed safe from this particular method of attack. What was more, Luxu went on to aim to try and maim the beast from below, he thrust his Keyblade up into it. And though it responded a bit by moving about and trying to find the source of its pain, the only real showing of it, was scratches along its underbelly. This beast was apparently at least a bit armored and Master Luxu hadn't put in enough physical strength to completely stop it, the beast would then hop up before aiming to crash down again, this time, shooting blast of a spell similar to Thundaga around it, to clear it of anything near it aiming to shock the boy with this extreme form of magic. "That really isn't fair..." Kairos mentioned, strangely though she was watching with the utmost attention, her hands were busy. She was assembling a Wayfinder, based on the one she'd been given a few days prior. This one made of the shells previously collected by Luxu and a few other things on her person present, including a feather she'd taken from the ring around her neck.

Luxu's stabbing of the Heartless warranted no significant reaction other than one of acknowledgement, as far as he was considered. If anything, Luxu certainly would have preferred to at least penetrate the beast with his Keyblade. Even though he'd accomplished something, it was a clear indicator that his physical strength alone would hardly do better than magic at this point. What's more, the Heartless had magic of its own in the form of a Thundaga-like spell which surrounded it as it leaped and descended upon the master. "I'll uh... see what I can do about not getting you killed, but this definitely isn't fair." Being mostly concerned with the physical presence of this Heartless, Luxu made a very clear effort to hop back to avoid its landing. In doing so however, he remained incapable of evading the thunder spell it cast. Luxu's body arched backwards as electricity flowed through it, and as he grunted his way through the intensity of the shock, his hair even stood on end whilst hardening itself enough to snap the hair-tie he wore. "Rgh! Not... fun... at all!" While still receiving the shock, Luxu melded into the shadow beneath him and vanished from sight. He knew Kairos was the only other viable target for this enemy, so he was quick to return to view once he was able to recover even a bit. His reemergence was one in which his hair was now freed of its usual ponytail, leaving it cascading over his upper form. "Yep. No magic, no melee. I might still have something left though... C'mon!"

"I am going to need you to have a bit more confidence than that~" she mentioned of the lad's apparent try at keeping her safe during their current outing. Even so, she continued working even as the lad found himself being electrocuted after dodging the physical onslaught of the creature he fought. Even so soon after he melted into his own shadow disappearing from sight at least for a moment. "Hm, not fair, and not fun. I agree..." she mentioned. "Though, I do like watching you work~" the girl mused seemingly without care for the attention of the beast which was now aimed in her direction. The girl had mentioned earlier her faith that the lad she was with wouldn't get her killed, and he went on to prove this by appearing before the charge of the creature could take place towards her barrier. "Whew... I do appreciate you proving me right. And that hair, jeez!~" Kairos found herself saying these words as her fingers finished the Wayfinder she was creating and she attached the small feathers to the center of it, creating a little heart in the center of it.

At the same time, the beast, that Luxu was fighting aimed to charge him, finding his outright appearance one more easily taken. Its head lowered as if it intended to gouge out his innards with the superior strength of this forward thrust. Such an attack was innately physical but would also reveal a third smaller horn atop the creature's head. Kairos watched with confusion and familiarity in her face, she could almost swear this man's face was innately familiar to her with all of this hair free around it, and she could almost remember why... almost. Still, now she had plenty of motivation to see the next phase of this fight and hope for a positive showing of force from Master Luxu.

"Che! That was the only one I had," Luxu said, showing some visible amount of disgust at the fact that his hair-tie was broken. He didn't have much time to think about this though, considering the Heartless was once again setting its sights upon him. The reveal of its third and only straight horn gave Luxu a solid idea of what would happen if he failed to defend against its charge, but he had to think of something. Or rather... thinking forward to the outcome of his maneuvers hadn't gotten him anywhere in this battle thus far, but the time he acted on reflex managed to succeed. A sly grin crossed the master's face. "Don't think. Feel so good!" he repeated from his memory of moments prior. Luxu's magic had failed against the Heartless, but nothing could stop him from using his abilities on himself. His body became coated in magical energy as he moved forward with enhanced speed. His left hand reached out to grab the Heartless' horn just past its tip, and from there, he spun around it while moving closer to the Heartless' head. He then continued to slide along its head onto its back while his Keyblade transformed into a gauntlet that covered his right hand and full forearm, allowing him to keep hold of the beast's tough exterior while it moved.

"What exactly is that you're doing over there?" he asked of Kairos in the time it took him to summon his time-altering Keyblade to his left hand. Thinking it would be best if he made an effort to stop the Heartless from such charges again, he threw this Keyblade toward its center horn. The Keyblade spun at an incredibly rapid pace as the 'Raid' technique was applied in a special way, allowing it to ricochet from the horn and return to strike it again numerous times in succession.

There was a complain from Master Luxu that the missing hair-tie was the only one he possessed. Luckily for him, there was a girl currently in his company and she like many others of the female variety had extras or at the very least enough hair knowledge to offer her services. "Ah, I mean. I have an extra... but while the ponytail is gone, it might be a chance to change things up a bit..." she said curiously. "Actually, yeah, let me do it!~" she chimed deciding that it was far past time for the master to abandon the use of a single ponytail in favor of something new and exciting. Beyond this, there finally seemed to be some headway being made against the beast of a Heartless he was fighting. His Keyblade transformed into a gauntlet for a moment allowing him to cling onto the back of the beast, then his other Keyblade was bounced between the horns on the forehead of the creature in a special use of the raid technique. There was a grin on her face as she took in this sight and watched as the beast stumbled. Beyond this the words spoken by the lad once more struck a chord within Kairos she couldn't help but feel innately connected to Master Luxu when he used those words for whatever reason."Wow! That's pretty awesome. Keyblade transformation, raid... instinct!~" the girl said these words enthusiastically. "Stunning performance!~" she mentioned as the creature stumbled coming to a stop unable to move for quite a few seconds due to the damage presented to its apparent weak point. It came to the ground its head well within reach of a normal standing amount as Kairos was questioned about what she was doing. She looked up as if stunned, "Oh, me nothing much. I made you a Wayfinder! I figured it was fair since you made one for me..." she mused showing him the collection of Thalassa shells collected in a star-shape complete with with a heart in the middle surrounded by the feathers she'd taken from her own outfit.

Luxu likely should have expected one such as Kairos to have additional hair-ties, though his experience gave him only a 50/50 shot at even being able to acquire one if necessary. At least, this was the case with his female associates. More importantly than the matter of restraining his hair, his Raid skill seemed to be actually accomplishing something against the Heartless by battering its horn. If he could manage something greater to strike the horn, perhaps he could make this battle much easier than he previously thought. Hearing what Kairos had been doing with her time gave him an idea to accomplish exactly that, so he launched himself off the Heartless' back and floated toward where the girl stood. "A Wayfinder, huh? Thanks. I think that's exactly what I need! Give it to me and I'll show you what I meant about adding magic to the one I gave you."

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast