Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny Islands

Kairos got to watch as Luxu apparently took some of her words in stride. Beyond this, there was a strange occurance in her own mind, when she heard the words 'Don't think. Feel so good.' come from the mouth of the master. Her eyes widened and at this very moment, she felt like she'd heard him say it before. "Huh?" she muttered as the sound of his voice hit her ears, and even the tone and cadence of it seemed familiar. It was almost like his lips, were the ones she'd heard it from in the first place. She got to feel something akin to nostalgia and deja vu. The likes of which she hadn't experienced since their very first set of meetings. Even so, his snappy comeback and lifted mood were enough for the lass to shake off the residual, and simply be happy in the moment that everything had turned out alright. "That's the spirit, Moogles are pretty cute too. It'd be great for business~" she said in keeping with her current thoughts. Apparently he had no fix for a curious mind, and his own to deal with, claiming that the information he had to offer was locked behind a door and waiting for whoever wanted it. "A door huh? That's really conventional, but I carry around a giant key, so I might just sate my own curiosity one day~" she mused. Still their approach of the island seemed simultaneously near and far, and she didn't really care how long it took because, even in these moments she was just enjoying this lad's company. She wondered again why this was the case, but decided that thinking about it would be useless.

"Hm?" Luxu replied when Kairos seemed taken aback by something. It was his assumption that it was the fact that he repeated her words, to which he had an eventual response. "Oh. Sorry, it's just... that line reminds me of something I used to hear from someone really important to me," he claimed. In a matter of moments, the canoe was reaching a pier at the edge of this smaller island they sought. Luxu took a moment to reach out and grab a rope with which to restrain the canoe, just in case the pair wished to return to the main island at the end of this journey. "Well, if you ever want to do something about that curiosity of yours... you know where the door is. If not, I gave you something that'll let you find it... and if I'm right, there'll be something else to it as well..." With that said, Luxu hopped from the canoe onto the pier. There was an amazing view of the main island from this spot, and he took it in for a short while until his eyes wandered to the beach on his left. "This place is... so familiar to me."

Kairos' shock at the lad repeating her words, was taken to him as something very different from why she'd been shocked. He went on to explain that the words simply reminded him of something he'd heard before from someone who was important to him. Kairos could have said the same, though in her case it wouldn't have made as much sense. "I see. I could... say the same. You saying it, reminded me of someone else too..." she said and technically she wasn't lying. Still there was something about the way this sentence was spoken which added more familiarity to it, like it somehow made stronger the connection in her mind between Luxu's voice and the moment she remembered it. There was a very strange story surrounding where the girl had picked up such a philosophy and explaining it was potentially embarrassing. As such she was content to remain quiet on her thoughts for the most part, still a bit of cheeky commentary would remain. "Oh? So no secret knock or password, huh?" she questioned rhetorically as she hopped up onto the dock and also took in the view of the other island. She didn't quite feel the level of familiarity with this place that Luxu did, but what she did feel, was something much closer related to excitement about a place. It was as if she knew of a place like this one, when she turned around to view the island. Several tree houses and an elaborate walkway was set up between them. Toys lay strewn about, and the leaves of the trees rustled gently. It was as if this particular island was a playground of sorts. "SQEEEE~" an excited chirp escaped the girl as she took to running about the place with sheer happiness in her visage. "This place is amazing!~" she thought with all the wonder of a small child as she flipped and landed right palm down atop a small ball before beginning to roll atop it to move. 'This reminds me of that place he mentioned. I wonder if that guy was real...'

Kairos' mention of a secret knock or password of some sort brought Luxu's gaze to the girl, breaking away briefly from the island to address her once again. "Why would you need all of those things? You carry around a giant key, so you could easily just let yourself in. Just remember that it's closing behind you if you ever enter," he explained. As Kairos went about enjoying the island itself, Luxu continued his visual inspection of the place. 'Destiny Islands, huh? I wonder what sort of destiny I'll find here." Eventually, Luxu hopped from the pier onto the beach itself. There he stood at the shore's edge, where the tide met his soles at semi-regular intervals. He looked down at the water, and something he saw led to him crouching where he stood. Luxu picked up something rather familiar to him, and rather quickly realized what exactly it was. "A Thalassa shell? That can't be a coincidence."

Kairos continued rolling around on the ball she'd so recently obtained pausing only to speak about the words this lad had so recently shared. Apparently no passwords or secret knocks were needed, all she needed to know, was that if she accepted such a thing, the door would be closing behind her. A chuckle escaped her as it was obvious that this lad hadn't taken her earlier lessons on his sales pitch. "Ominous," she mentioned only this word before she flipped off the ball and began to wander around between the shore and the treeline like a child who had way too much energy. Still she came about Luxu again only to see him picking up a shell and mentioning that it couldn't be a coincidence. "A shell on a beach can't be a coincidence?" she asked finding it strange that such a thing had a name. She was quite curious and since Luxu apparently knew what it was or thought it had some deeper meaning she was content to discover what it meant.

Kairos did not quite follow Luxu's train of thought, though she had no real reason to. When she appeared beside him and questioned his most recent statement, he chose to answer by acting. Around and around he looked, until he was able to pick up four more of these interesting shells. Once he had all five, he stepped away from the tide and began placing them flat in the sand to form a star shape. In doing this, he also gave his explanation. "Remember the Wayfinder? It's supposed to be made with Thalassa Shells. This is what they look like, and the reason they look this way while serving the purpose they do... is because of... that," he said, looking up at a leaning tree growing from an even smaller island connected by a short, elevated bridge to this very beach. "The Paopu Fruit. Stories say two people who share it will have their destinies woven together. It ties friends by fate."

Kairos didn't immediately receive an answer to her question. Instead, Luxu continued to look around and around until he found the number of these shells he wished to possess. The number chosen was five, upon doing this he began to arrange them on the sand, before giving a real lesson on the nature of these shells. When asked if she remembered the Wayfinder, she simply nodded, the trinket was obviously still in her possession but apparently it was supposed to be made out of these sorts of shells. "Okay..." this was all Kairos could say, mostly because her brain was swimming with new, but somehow familiar information. Strangely as her eyes moved towards where the lad's eyes pointed she took in the sight of a leaning tree. This tree apparently contained a specific kind of fruit which had lore attached which would lead one to believe that those who ate it would have interwoven destinies. "Paopu Fruit..." she mumbled. The mention of this made the girl's eyes widen, because she'd definitely heard this before. "So, it really exists huh?" she questioned softly. Such a thing was somewhat amazing and once she'd been told she might get the chance to try it, she couldn't deny such a possibility now that it was in front of her. "That's still a pretty amazing sounding fruit though... I wonder what it tastes like."

"You're curious then?" Luxu asked as he rose from the ground, leaving the arrangement of Thalassa Shells in the sand. "I think it goes without saying by now that I intended to make the offer. You say we're friends, but... I don't have any guarantee of friends in the future. The ones I already have... our destinies are tied already. I had the job of finding an apprentice, but not to make a friend... so I wonder if something like the Paopu Fruit has enough power over destiny to overcome what the Master probably wrote in the Book of Prophecies. So, what do you say? Wanna see what destiny has in store for..." Luxu paused, averting his gaze toward the center of the island. Something was amiss, but he wasn't sure exactly what it was. Rather, it would be more accurate to say he wasn't sure how he was sensing something so very strange right here and now.

A nod would come from Kairos when asked if she was curious. It would be more accurate to say, she was definitely going to eat some of that fruit if the opportunity presented itself. This would likely seem rather strange considering the friendship of a mere few days, but something was beginning to well up in this young girl, from her past, which made her believe this was something worth doing. As Luxu continued to speak of subverting destiny for the sake of their continued friendship and Kairos' potential place as his apprentice he paused mid his speech. Of course, as his view shifted towards the center of the island hers did too, and then rather suddenly a giant heartless would leap from above the trees. This would cause the ground to quake and even Kairos would stumble as she looked up to see something bigger than she'd ever seen anything before in her life. "Uh-huh... that... um... I don't have words for that..." she mentioned. This giant beast was quadrupedal, with two balanced curved horns and one right in the middle. It seemed to be armored and beyond that had a giant maw. It stood taller than three people and seemed to be very sturdy in addition to most things, a roar would escape this beast as it stood before this pair, having apparently chosen them as prey.

Luxu's suspicions were proven all too correct by the appearance of a Heartless the likes of which even he hadn't seen before. This great hulking beast of a Heartless had to be some sort of new breed, and it seemed to be a bit higher on the intimidation scale than even Darkside. Such a clause was given more validity the moment it landed, shaking the world with its mass alone and causing even the master Luxu to brace himself. "Uh... Five. That's a solid five, I think." Calling upon the Keyblade granted to him by the Master of Masters, Luxu readied himself to attack the beast before them. During its rather powerful roar, he pointed the tip of his Keyblade at the core of its body. "Flare!" he exclaimed, utilizing his incredible mastery of fire-based spells to produce a stream of flames which grew in size as it approached this Heartless. By the time it reached, it would be large enough to engulf the great beast in its entirety, and Luxu expected it to hold strength enough to thwart any spawn of Darkness such as this.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast