Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Destiny Islands

"If you have to undo it, it means you have to admit something went wrong... and then... I'll eventually remember and you still won't get to live it down~" Kairos teased while consuming her fruit and staring at the stars above. This beach was one of the prettiest she'd ever been on and the atmosphere combined with the company were top-rate as far as the raven-haired girl was concerned. Beyond this point though, there was the bit about what an apprentice of the lad would actually be required to do, and when he explained Kairos' eyes widened. "So, I get a new Keyblade, to sate my unnatural curiosity, I get to keep spying on people, and become a driving force of the future so I get to see what that is all about too. And there isn't anything to actually kill the buzz at all~" she mentioned, she'd given a much better summary of the situation and it had worked as a sales pitch in her own favor. "Your sales pitches really are bad, you really gotta hire that Moogle. Too bad for you... I already sold myself on it now," she said finishing off the fruit she was eating. "Yep, gonna be taking that apprenticeship~"

Luxu moved on from the 'Fatecicle' topic rather easily. In fact, he merely shrugged away the notion of Kairos still eventually bringing up the fact that he'd mentioned it, even if he rewound time. He was much more concerned in the girl's renewed interest in becoming his apprentice. She took to the details he gave rather easily, seeing no negatives to the plan. In the end, she brought up his lackluster sales pitch once more, but claimed she desired the apprenticeship nonetheless. "Well if it worked, there's no point doing anything about it now. You need to be sure though. There's something I can't tell you just yet... something you can't know without being my apprentice... but there's a very real chance you'll have to watch that friend of yours die while you can do nothing about it."

Kairos continued in her conversation, and it seemed that there was at least one very real downside to being this Master's apprentice. And that seemed to be that there was a chance she'd have to watch her friend die while being able to do nothing about it. She found herself staring at the sky, of all the possible negative she'd logically expected, she hadn't expected that one, but given it was a thing, it was something to at least consider properly. "Hm, that is the one negative I've heard all day. It's a pretty big one too..." she said going quiet for a few moments. She wouldn't abandon her friend if she could avoid it, and she knew this much about herself, that being said, without knowing the circumstances surrounding that potential death she really could do nothing about it. She also had already had her fill this day, of thinking about time, and knowing events and figuring that it could be both good and bad to have information you didn't need. As it stood, her friend could have died days ago in Agrabah, or some time before that in the past, and will be dying sometime in the future. But that last part was simply the fate of every person at some point, so harping on it wouldn't make much of a difference in the long run. Besides that, she had more than a bit of faith in her friends, both of them. "Yep, still gonna be your apprentice." These words left Kairos' mouth pretty firmly. "I'm not crazy about the idea of watching someone I am friends with die, but... getting hung up on ifs and chances isn't really my style at all," she said knowingly. This didn't mean that she intended to abandon Yuri or anything of the sort, she simply couldn't live under the constraints of letting something she knew get in the way of potential. If she did that, she'd never have tried anything at all and that was simply how she chose to consider this moment and every other one.

"Yes, it is. That's exactly why I've been so reprehensive about the whole thing. People are going to die, and there's no avoiding it. So... I started thinking it'd be best to wait and pick from those who lived," he explained. There was going to be a Keyblade War in the future, and he was fated to observe it without interfering. However, he also knew there would be survivors left out of the war itself, and thought the better of choosing his apprentice before those survivors were selected. Kairos remained adamant about becoming Luxu's apprentice though, even knowing that she would be unable to do anything about her friend's death if it occurred. Luxu may not have been certain about her lack of involvement, but with his own abilities, he could easily ensure the best outcome for the world's future. "It's settled then. Now you get to live your everyday life with a few added interruptions from me, and I get to stop searching for others. Then, eventually... it'll be just us for awhile."

"Um-hm," Kairos said still looking up at the stars. Strangely, though he had his misgivings it seemed that Luxu wasn't opposed to the girl becoming his apprentice. In fact he mentioned that her daily life would continue from this point, with a few interruptions by himself sprinkled in. He even went on to mention that sometime it the future it would be just the two of them for a bit, but she didn't mind that at all either. "Oh? I didn't expect you to agree so easily... I was all prepared to have a massive tirade and bring up fatecicles as my clincher!~" she joked only to chuckle afterwards. "But that is good, I might need that stuff later. Can't use all my material at once," she mentioned happily. Overall her day had been very interesting and she'd indeed gone from not trying very hard to be this lad's apprentice, to wanting to be his apprentice, to demanding to be his apprentice. This shift in her disposition was very strange, but she thought nothing of it, considering what she now knew about the depth of their friendship. If anything she was satisfied to know she'd have guaranteed access to him in the future, and took solace in knowing he wouldn't be forced to face whatever was there all alone.

Luxu's eyes closed after his previous statement, yet raised a brow nonetheless when Kairos expressed that his agreement was unexpected. "Why wouldn't I agree?" he replied, expecting no answer whatsoever. In fact, the question was followed immediately by another clause. "I needed an apprentice, and you say you want to be it even if it means watching your friends die. It's that kind of commitment I need to work with. Besides, I can't be alone with someone for a very long time without being able to call them at least a friend. If we're already friends, it just makes things that much easier." Soon after speaking, Luxu opened his eyes again. The tree he was leaning against would no longer support him as he hopped onto the sand, and his gaze quickly found something else interesting about this island. "There's a shack over there, and it really makes me want to go take a nap. I haven't slept in a bed in... weeks."

There were lots of reasons in Kairos' mind for the lad not to agree with the adamant demand she'd made to be his apprentice. The one she thought best suited the kind of person he was, could be summarized by the logic that she didn't really know what she was getting herself into. But none of that really mattered because after his initial question he followed up with an extra set of clauses which added clarification to his own logic. She looked at him strangely for a second or two but then could only chuckle. "Kukuku~ Well, when you put it like that..." she stated seemingly embarrassed as she stared off at the sky. "It makes a lot of sense," she said choosing to follow along as he exited his seat in this tree and took up place on the sand. He then went on to look around, finding a shack on the island which brought about the wish to take a nap apparently something he hadn't done in quite a while. "No bed in weeks?! You're secretly crazy aren't you?" she asked seeming to be concerned. "Well, then... it's definitely past your bedtime. Come on!~" the girl chimed as she began to walk towards this shack that was pointed out with no apparent reservations.

"Of course it is. Besides, I'm not likely to find many other people who can delve into Darkness without being taken over easily. Where we're going... there's going to be a lot of Darkness," he explained further. By now, he'd begun a casual stroll toward the seaside shack, only to realize Kairos was walking alongside him while agreeing that a nap would be a solid idea. Of course, she also brought up a topic involving Luxu's potential madness from avoiding beds for so long. "It's not like I've had much choice. I'm homeless, and I've been away from my friends for... too long," he continued. Nevertheless, he pressed onward to the shack until reaching its door. After pushing said door open, he stepped aside without so much as a glance into the shack, gesturing toward the interior. "Either way, you seem even more excited than I should probably be. After you~"

"Fair," was all Kairos could say in response to the bit about delving into darkness. She had no idea what he was talking about, but knew that most people wouldn't be okay with the darkness being part of their day to day lives in the same way that she was. As they moved along towards the shack, it seemed that the Master Luxu was presently between residences and had no bed to speak of, there was also the mention that he'd been away from his friends for quite a while. "Well, none of that... if you find yourself in Daybreak Town in need of an afternoon nap, you can crash at my place. I live alone anyways... and obviously I don't mind your company~" she offered, given what the lad had to say, Daybreak Town likely wouldn't be somewhere for everyone to call home for much longer. But as long as this was the case, she had no issues sharing the rather large dwelling she lived in by herself. Still, they finally reached this shack and it was stated that she seemed more excited about this potential nap than he did.

"Well, I need a lot of sleep and food. Energy burn out is real..." she said which was true of the kind of person she was, she didn't snack as much as she was required and slept for the remaining energy she needed to fuel both her body and magic. Regardless she was offered the first steps into this shack and as such she entered without much of a second thought. Within this space she found a single bed against a wall beneath a single large window, which had a good view of the island, ocean, and the stars. Beyond this it had the sort of things one would expect out of a beach shack, decorated with shells, nets and other such things. Kairos walked further in and leaned against the left side of the bed staring out the window. "Wow..." she murmured taking in the view, and wondering what sort of person put all of this here.

Luxu's homelessness being known made Kairos offer an interesting solution. The offer to take up some level of residency there was sudden, considering she hadn't known Luxu for nearly as long as he'd known her... or so he thought. "And just like that, I complete my master plan of pretending to be the sixth Foreteller and become your master, all for the sake of making my way into your house! This is what victory looks like!" he said. With the joke aside, he followed Kairos into the shack and glanced from left to right across the room. There was but one bed in sight, and Kairos sat upon it. As such, Luxu stood akimbo in the center of the room while speaking further. "Is this your way of saying I have to pay you rent in the form of going another day without bed rest?"

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast