Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Destiny Islands

"Kufufufufu~ Or so you think..." she added in continuation of this joke. "This was the conclusion of my master plan, to lull you into a false sense of security so that I can steal your cloak~" the girl said. "True victory and I stole the bed!~" she commented. It seemed that Luxu noticed this as well, mentioning that it was part of some scheme to make him pay rent in the form of not having another day's rest. "True..." she said while bouncing where she sat. "Vic-tor-y!" she sang happily only to stop and stare at the lad. "But nope. I don't plan to steal the whole bed, I'm not that mean. You can have, half of it... That half~" she said pointing to the side behind her. She could really use a nap herself but wouldn't stop someone else from enjoying a bit of sleep, and she obviously had fewer boundaries than most would assume at least in a few cases.

"Hmph! What a fool you were to think the coat was nothing more than a small sacrifice for my plan to reach fruition!" he continued, seeming to take no issue with this joke going on for such an extended period of time. Kairos proved to be a rather interesting individual, and was therefore proving herself to be the proper choice for Luxu's apprentice. More interesting yet was her apparent lack of inhibitions, showing when she offered half of the bed she occupied to Luxu. Before he bothered saying anything about this, Luxu chuckled and moved toward the bed to have a seat for himself. "You're a bit free with your personal space, aren't you? Is this preparation for the fact that you only have one bed in your house, or do you have some random secret thing for me because my future self had some interaction with your past self, and I don't know about it?"

"Oh? It's only small sacrifice until we go somewhere cold, then you will rue the day! RUE!~" the girl chimed. Under normal circumstances she would have expected another person to have a problem with how long she was willing to carry on a joke, like the ones she'd been making all day. But it seemed, she was indeed right, in thinking that Master Luxu was the sort of person to appreciate her more unique qualities. Moreover, he wasn't immediately off-put by the offer she made of sharing this bed with her, which was something else she generally expected from others. Not that she often offered such things, but others in general were more cautious of their personal space. As if to bring attention to this, but only after taking a seat on the opposite side of the bed. "Does that count as free?" she responded almost rhetorically. Of course, she knew most people wouldn't just share a bed with someone else, but this wasn't any random person and Kairos was rather free to begin with. "Well, my house has more than one bed but... mine is obviously the most comfortable. So, do what you want with that. But know if I come home and find you sleeping in my bed, I'm just crawling in... I don't care," she said this sentence with the same joking tone she'd had the entire day, but she was quite serious about sleeping in her own bed regardless of if she found the lad with her within it or not. Something about his last statement though, hit a bit close to home, her eyes widened slightly. Whether she had a thing for him or not, had nothing to do with this moment, perhaps her child self was quite infatuated with this young man, but her teen self seemed to have taken a liking to him for entirely different reasons. Or perhaps for the same reasons and it didn't really matter long term. Regardless, she had no intention of answering such an inquiry in a way which could be taken seriously in either direction. Still a teasing mystery would be left up in the air as a direct result of this, "Spoilers~" she mentioned as she comfortably fell into a laid back position within the half of the bed she'd chosen.

"I'll rue nothing! Once I invade a home, I won't go anywhere else until it's time to invade the next one!" Shortly after sitting on his allotted half of the bed, Luxu leaned until his back lay across the mattress. At that time, his head rested atop his hands, and a yawn passed his lips. "Yes, that counts as free, but I'm not complaining. Weird, though. You have more than one bed, but you're telling me to fall asleep wherever... it just may happen to result in waking up, and finding out I've chosen your bed by virtue of you being there regardless? Hmm..." Luxu stared at the ceiling for the duration of his speech, finding these matters to be more interesting the deeper he delved. One word resonated through his mind's ear as his eyes came to a close. "Spoilers, huh..."

Kairos though she'd had a pretty interesting minor rant, also found herself in an easily relaxed state, her own eyes having closed fairly soon after she'd laid down. The yawn of Luxu didn't go unnoticed by the lass, and after his most recent statement she had one of her own covered by a hand over her mouth as she rolled onto her side. "Um-hm, that's a warning... weird though it might be~" she whispered as she rather easily drifted off to sleep. This would be the last thing stated by the girl, as she napped in this little shack with what was apparently her Master as her bed partner. Whatever the case, she seemed to be at ease regardless of their limited amount of time knowing each other, though she knew it to be quite a while herself. And in this state she would remain until she was woken.

In the minutes to come, Luxu managed to drift off with the greatest of ease. He hardly even managed to register Kairos' final statement before he lost consciousness himself. His sleep, while not at all restless, was somewhat fitful. Luxu tossed and turned without end for as long as he slept. Such a thing had become something of a standard for the prodigal Foreteller, though the bed itself was a positive note to add. Eventually, Luxu rolled until he was awake properly, at which point he sat up and sighed. "Right. I guess it's time... to go back to Daybreak Town, huh..."

At some point during the Master Luxu's fitful sleep, Kairos had also been sleeping and had wrapped herself around him. One would find even when he properly woke, the girl still had her arms wrapped around him and her own eyes were still shut tight. As she had followed his rolls with her own without much else being necessary. Though she registered his waking, she wasn't quite ready for full wakefulness yet herself. "Um... ah... five more minutes..." she groaned as she tightened her hold on the lad fully intending to sleep for longer. Whatever the case, she hadn't quite registered the very real person in bed with her, nor anything strange about her surroundings. But it was also a fairly well-known fact that the lass had a hard time waking up properly in the morning.

An attempt to rise was made by Luxu as his eyes opened, but in that moment, he realized there was something keeping him bound to the bed. It was as if he'd been caught in some sort of clasp... one which had a voice making a request for five more minutes. Just then, he realized exactly what was happening. Somehow, at some point during the night, Kairos had latched onto him and refrained from letting go. He sighed, yet made no further moves to extricate himself. No, Luxu instead remained still in bed whilst staring at the ceiling, waiting for whatever 'five more minutes' meant to the lass in his company.

No further movements were made, and Kairos was allowed a blissful few extra minutes of sleep. This was strangely something just accepted by the master she was currently clinging to seemingly without a problem. Of course, some ten minutes later, when the girl properly stirred, she became immediately aware of her closeness to the master. In such a moment, she released her hold on him and rubbed her face managing to look simultaneously tired and embarrassed. A yawn escaped her as she finished untangling herself from his person and rolled back over to the side of the bed she'd originally claimed. "Sorry mornings are really hard. I didn't mean to keep you..." she said while fighting the desire to flop back onto the bed by stretching further. "Aaaah, Good Morning~" she managed not nearly as chipper as she'd been the day prior to this one, but such active states of happiness had to be worked into, and it was too early by Kairos' own account for that sort of thing.

If there was one thing Luxu knew without question, it was time. As such, he was quite privy to the fact that the alleged 'five minutes' requested by Kairos occurred twice over in succession. He didn't seem to mind this very much though, as he'd done nothing the entire time besides stare at the ceiling. When Kairos removed herself from him and rolled away, he looked toward her. "So I've heard. It wasn't bothersome at all. Good morning," he said whilst finally making an effort to rise properly. "I have to say though, I never expected to be used as a body pillow. I think I need a raise if this is part of my job description now."

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast