Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny Islands

Kairos was soon informed about the nature of Master Invi and apparently a few of the other Masters. It was stated that he could have beaten something like the darkness she'd faced alone, if not for the other variables involved in the day. That was at least reassuring, because it would have been boring if the Masters weren't capable. Even so, it seemed that there was a certain flexibility required to deal with the massive problem produced by Luxu on Destiny Islands. "Dunno, guess we're about to find out, huh?" she asked most rhetorically.

As this battle went on the first of her maneuvers appeared to be successful in dealing with the smaller number of darkness as well as her initial assault upon the first of the Darksides. Though that came with a bit of chiding from her would-be mentor who went on to explain that such a creature would need more work applied to it than she'd managed initially. "Ah, well that's news. I've never used that on anything and had it not work, but fine..." she muttered, considering that against strong targets the natural ability of her Keyblade would need a bit more umpf. "Also you could hold back just a little. Fifty is a huge amount to overcome. I'm one girl, sir!" she claimed, only to throw her Keyblade directly as she jumped away from the face of the Darkside, this would send it ricocheting against said face in a circular motion, more than a dozen times, building the number of runes on its person until it was all but consumed. There was also the matter of the coming large-fist heartless aiming to punch her out of the air. "Reflega!" this created a spherical barrier around the girl where she'd have fists bashed against it and be bounced around a bit like a pinball between these large creatures. "Kukukuku!~" she laughed as she was all but tossed around like a rag doll within the safety of this barrier. "Hm, in addition to the ones you've probably already seen, I can also do water spells and wind spells," she said not making mention of the barrier she'd obviously already used. This would take her grand total up pretty high as she seemed to have a pretty decent balance of offensive and defensive spells. Though technically she was better versed in the use of supplementary and defensive spells. "Ah, I should say, I'm better at the ones which aren't innately offensive... that's important. I've known them way longer and use them more freely." she said. "Firaga!" she mentioned setting the barrier she was within on fire as she was bounced between several of these Darksides, aiming to cause them even more damage as she tried to think up a proper strategy for dealing with them.

"I guess we are," was the retort of Luxu, who hardly warranted the attention of these Heartless for whatever reason. His gaze remained unbroken while Kairos made use of her Raid technique to increase the severity of the first Darkside's seal, though she fell quickly to a defensive spell when facing the melee attacks of the others. As he watched her bounce around due to contact made with her reflective barrier, he held a hand to his chin. "Fire, Water, Wind... Magnet, Gravity, and barriers..." he muttered. He was beginning to get a feel for what he could recommend Kairos, and the more he saw her physical capabilities, the more he realized this was an easy feat. The fire spell she used around her own barrier completed the idea he was having, which he rather quickly produced for the girl to hear. "Raging Storm. If executed properly, someone like you should be able to make an Ultimate-class spell by surrounding yourself in swirling pillars of fire, sort of like Fire Surge. As long as you're able to turn your flames into pillars, they should become concentrated enough to meet the power demand you need for this sort of thing. From there, your ability to maneuver around your enemy should take care of the rest."

As Kairos was being bounced around among the melee attacks of several Darkside, she was soon given a tip. Though she was already applying a bit of fire based damage to those who would attack the barrier she'd encased herself in, it was hardly enough to properly discourage their actions. Master Luxu had a bit of a boon for her, in the way of a spell he referred to as Raging Storm. His claim was that she could use the things she already knew to create pillars of fire around herself with the concentration of flames needed to dispatch the large number of enemies he'd placed in front of her. "Huh... like Fire Surge, but bigger and more intense..." she seemed to look a tad inquisitive, but she didn't have much more time to consider it. 'So I need like... to swirl fire while also concentrating it? That would make pillars right?' she questioned herself. Even her barriers had a limit and the one she was in began to crack around her. She called her Keyblade back to her hand as she noticed this happening. "Welp, looks like it's showtime..." she murmured. As she began to gather magical power at the end of her Keyblade. Though she could have easily cast magic directly from her person, in this case she felt she needed the safety net of her Keyblade to try something so new. The idea of intensifying her own use of fire and trying to meld it into columns was extreme. This was especially difficult and time-consuming for a girl who could present hear the cracking of her own barrier.

Every second that went by she continued to be bounced around, but managed to keep her balance like a gyroscope, balancing herself in the same way she intended to balance all the magic she was mixing and its power. Even so it wouldn't be until the last possible second that she'd make anything of it. In fact her entire body was glowing with magical power, even as her barrier shattered around her. No matter what happened though, it wouldn't be until she was ready that all of this magic would be released. A torrent of swirling fire would spread out from the tip of the girl's keyblade around her body in a solid column of fiery winds which spread out around her person in all directions. What was more, these would aim to mar the field in around her completely aiming to engulf all around her in intense flames. Even if they weren't felled by flames alone, the girl would begin to move once more, aiming to physically attack each of the fifty present Darksides directly. A flurry of flips, agile side-winding movements, Keyblade throws, and even spins, would have the young woman making slashing physical contact with every single piece of giant darkness in sight. What was more, between the flames and the binding applied by her weapon, she was almost certain she could take them out, though she'd be admittedly exhausted regardless.

Following his explanation of a potential new spell for Kairos, Luxu fell silent. He was more than content to simply observe what Kairos had to offer, even while he continued questioning his own choice in letting her be so near to him. Perhaps it was best if he treated this as part of his farewell tour, like his visits with the other masters. It would likely be for the best to leave well enough alone in this case, if only to prevent doing to another what had been forced upon him. Regardless of this train of thought, he rather enjoyed the show put on by Kairos when she was released from her barrier and left to make use of the Raging Storm spell. Her efforts against the Darkside swarm was a valiant one, and her use of the fire spell managed to reach all fifty of its targets thanks to her maneuverability. However, it seemed she'd only managed to damage them with fire, and only slow them with the power of her Keyblade. Seeing the girl exhaust so much of her ability for so little output made Luxu realize one of the major reasons he'd scouted her as his apprentice: she could truly accomplish much, much more by accessing the Darkness within her. Sadly, there was more to it than this. The Darksides may have been maimed, but those which had begun forming orbs of Darkness had accumulated enough to forge a single, super-massive sphere to black out the sky. The others were not so much a threat at present, but this single mass was a potential world-ending creation. "Well... you stopped them, and they all seem weakened. That there's a problem though. So? Still think it's enough?"

When Kairos finally stopped moving she looked up to see that all the Darksides still remained. Though most were unmoving and even more had been maimed not one had been felled by what she had to offer. "Eh? Well, first off that big ass thing is a showstopper and downright unfair," she claimed showing the slightest hint of annoyance at the situation presently shown to her. "Second, I did like two thirds of the work, a solid sixty percent starting point ain't half bad really... Though I did think I'd do a bit better than that..." she commented understanding the gravity of the situation. She was tired from all she'd done, so she couldn't say she'd be of much use physically, and she'd exhausted a great deal of her own magic stores doing all she'd done. Had it been enough? If even one had fallen she supposed she could have said yes. She could have been satisfied by this outcome, but... it simply wasn't the case. Still... there was a bit of optimism left in her and she went on to explain her thoughts about it. "I did say I was goal-oriented. I'm probably better suited to setting stuff like this as a goal. And to be honest it isn't enough right now, but it might be one day, and that is what actually matters right? That's why everyone is doing stuff, to get better and try to be ready for shit like this..." she mused. As she stared at the large orb created by all the Darksides scattered across the battle field she got the idea that using such a wide-scale attack against them, infused with darkness might be enough to wipe them out. It was against her nature to have attempted such a thing initially because of how she viewed herself. And though she'd taken on her more jolly persona, she realized in this moment she'd had doubts which had lingered a bit past her good mood. Without thinking about it consciously, her Keyblade materialized in her hand, once again and she looked out at the giant orb exhaling another exhausted breath. 'Not over until the curtain falls right?' Her thoughts on this moment, were aligned with her heart's desires, so maybe... what she had in mind was possible.

"That's my whole point. A speck of light isn't enough to take out the masses of darkness. But... even the greatest darkness still can't extinguish the smallest light. The two can't really exist without each other." Luxu offered this additional clause as he nonchalantly twirled his own Keyblade in his right hand. "It might be enough one day, but if you're not there for it, what difference does it make you? Also... that's not at all why your Unions are doing things." Luxu was more than prepared to deal with these Heartless and their ultimate assault himself, but Kairos herself was not quite done yet. At the summoning of her Keyblade, Luxu ceased the twirling of his own, taking it up in a reverse grip. "May your heart be your guiding key," he stated prior to taking to the sky himself, launching himself directly toward the sphere of Darkness. His Keyblade rose against it and began spinning again, seeming to force the sphere away with only a slight amount of effort required of Luxu himself. "If you want a piece of my mind to go with that piece of my heart you have, though... Darkness isn't evil. Darkness isn't a weapon, a tool, or a crutch. Just like Light... Darkness is a necessity," he said during the ascent of the dark sphere, as well as his own climb higher into the sky.

Apparently Luxu was very much into his ideas about the darkness and light needing each other to coexist. Kairos supposed she hadn't thought of anything like that before this point, but it did at least make sense. She wasn't sure how she felt about it, but at the very least she could accept it as a probable truth. As the conversation continued though, Luxu questioned how she felt about whether the small light would grow into light enough to bring down the darkness if she wasn't going to be there. "Eh? Well, I suppose it doesn't make much difference. I never know where I am going to be at any given time, so all I can do is look forward to it. Smiling helps..." she said with a gentle nod of her head, as for the bit about their Unions not actually doing what she'd been told she shrugged it off. "Another mystery, that may or may not actually matter to me at all~" the girl chimed. Still in her heart she knew she wasn't quite done with with fight yet. And it seemed Master Luxu was finally ready to act as well as he jumped into the air Kairos did as well, and his parting bit of advice made her look to the lad remembering their earlier interactions. "Necessity huh? I still think that is a bit too rigid, but... I guess it is an improvement over evil~" she chose to take this message with optimism. "A piece of your heart and a piece of your mind, hm. I wonder what piece I'll end up with next~" she mused though strangely this wasn't exactly a joke, though her mood was still jolly. Meanwhile Luxu held off the dark orb above, even forcing it away. And after her speech, Kairos began making one similar to that one at the tip of her Keyblade aimed downward, at the fifty Darksides below. As it grew in size, a grin spread across her face that wouldn't simply be removed. 'I guess I can deal with that...' she mused internally.

"Heh! Talking like that, you sound like me," he said in a most casual manner. Kairos, having taken the clause of necessary Darkness in stride, joined Luxu in the air while commenting on his previous statement and the fragment of his heart she held. Such a thing caused the male to laugh as he launched the Darksides' energy away. "No clue, but I've been feeling generous lately. Is there something specific you'd like?" he asked, apparently being in a good humor at the moment. With Kairos forming her own ball of Darkness, Luxu reached around her right side with his own Keyblade to place it parallel to hers. Magic was channeled through the tip of Luxu's Keyblade to further feed the effort Kairos put forth by both enlarging the ball and infusing it with a mighty - and in this case, dark - swirling wind. "Aeroza!"

According to Master Luxu, Kairos' recent choice of words made her sound like him. She chuckled about this, finding it funny. "Kukuku~ I am going to take that as a compliment~" she mentioned as she continued to charge her present attack. She'd already decided to use the darkness to try and end the darkness and though it seemed counterproductive, she was also content to continue her joking conversation with the Master. He was apparently feeling generous about the parts of himself that he offered, and jokingly asked her what she'd like. Comedic timing being one of Kairos' specialties she had an immediate comeback. "Oh, buyer's choice, huh? Well, I can't turn down a generous offer, the hair is definitely next on the list~" she claimed, bringing back her thoughts at her first point seeing him in her own head. She would have cut this off completely, but his sudden appearance at her side, even reaching around her with his Keyblade parallel to hers, made her keep talking as she glanced over at his face once more. "Hmm...I don't know though, I kinda like your eyes too... it's too hard to choose~" she whined seemingly in jest. But if she was going to whine about something she probably should have waited few seconds longer, as Luxu decided to add to her current spell build up, with a wind spell unlike any she'd ever seen before and with a suffix she'd never heard before. The massive increase in size and composition of her spell, made her eyes widen. "Wait, wait, wait... 'za' you can 'za' spells? Really?!" she turned her purple gaze towards the young man with her and looked astonished. As an accomplished spell-caster, Kairos knew that magic had great depths, but she'd never had a long standing conversation with anyone who was actually better at it than she was. Such a showing from Master Luxu gave her the idea that her magic could be expanded upon in a great way. With that in mind she released the darkness she'd been building up at many times the size she would have shot it off at, based on Master Luxu's interference. She'd used a water spell, intending to release it like a tidal wave from above, with the addition of Master Luxu's magic to her own, dark water cyclones would aim to ravage the entire population of Darksides below at its release.

In response to his joking offer, Kairos mentioned that she'd lay claim to the Master's hair. Such a thing made him suddenly seem almost legitimately shocked. "My hair? Don't even joke; I've been growing it my whole life!" he said, even though he remained in high spirits. Kairos moved on however, claiming she couldn't choose between his hair or his eyes. "Well... I guess I could give up one of those. I have an extra," he commented, shifting his gaze toward Kairos as he spoke. Her surprise at the notion of spells featuring the 'za' suffix was something to take note of, and it made Luxu realize this was the reason she had used so many spells which capped out at the 'ga' level. "I was wondering about your spell choice. The fourth level is a milestone above the others. If you can manage them, the sky becomes the limit." With that said, Luxu was left to see the end result of his spell being added to the one cast by Kairos. Seeing the massive accumulation of magic cascade over the Darksides and the island below was a treat, but also something that made Luxu realize he'd need to be fixing something in a matter of moments. Of course, he'd always intended to rewind time and not ravage an entire world with Heartless that shouldn't have been let loose anywhere, but that was another matter entirely. One by one, and in some cases two by two or more, the Darksides were blown away and washed over by a tide of magic, and the island began to disappear with it. "By the way, there are more levels beyond that."

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast