Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Shibuya

Luckily, Yugi wasn't fated to be alone in his extreme freak-out over a single movie release. It was a massive deal though, wasn't it? Yugi himself counted it as one of the most exciting things this year, and it seemed Kimiko was boarding that same ship. Right away, she spoke of them having to go immediately for the sake of watching the film. Wait, that wasn't good, was it? Wasn't it her desire to go on this shopping trip, and to try some foods she normally avoided? He was fully committed to suggesting a few excellent choices of technically terrible, yet delicious quality. "Like right now?" he asked. No; she calmed down. He did the same, but Kimiko's purpose in doing so was a moment of realization.

True enough, they were in a mall of sorts, in an area apparently littered with theaters. The girl went about searching online for tickets, and Yugi took the time to ruffle his own hair in a simple gesture of calming himself further. "Right, right. I guess it wouldn't make sense to run out and try to find a showing immediately, huh?How much time do we have?" Yugi's final question served a single purpose: to figure out how much time they had left to wander about, shop, and perhaps grab a bite to eat.

Meanwhile, Gojo Satoru was not very far away. He now sported a pair of thin, frameless shades with blue lenses, finally making visible a sparkling pair of light blue optics. He had enough awareness training beaten into him during time spent at the academy, that he managed to hear everything the teens were raving about from his seat a few meters away. Were they leaving soon? One could only wonder, but he intended to be ready whenever they did. . .

Was this shopping trip Kimiko's desire? Yes, but she'd gotten the important things out of the way already. Given this she was content that he'd come with her and agreed to a few of her demands without argument. Aside from all of those points, there was a simple matter... Kimiko enjoyed experiences. She wanted to have all sorts of fun experiences with the lad at her side, and given this, she was fine if they went shopping, to see a movie, played games or whatever. She simply wanted to occupy his time and mind. As long as those parts of herself were satisfied, she took no issue with their actual activities. "Hm, looking for the showing times now and figuring out how close we are to one of them," she said. While scrolling through the entire list she came to a few conclusions. The first of which was, that she desperately missed her personal assistant. And the second of which was, their immediate desires could only be satisfied in a very specific circumstance. "Fuck that, I haven't been waiting a literal year to not see this movie. And I'd get to see it with you, which is a huge bonus no matter what way I look at it," she said. Her desire laid bare right here and now. Yep, that was a thing, she'd just said it, where one of her other selves might have let that come out a bit softer. "Ugh, I can't catch a break. Alright so here it is... there is a showing that starts in a bit less than an hour... but it's like all the way at the Humanx which is more than a thirty minute walk from here," she said with a scoff. "The one at the gallery here, won't play until after midnight which is way too long to wait now that I am thinking about it..." she said looking at her phone screen. What to do? What to do? "And now is one of the few times, I would love to see my personal assistant... so we could be driven there, but I'm never that lucky," she sighed. She gave Hoshimi Kei the week off knowing that she didn't intend to do anything that required his direct presence. Her change in company dictated a certain amount of usefulness for the person she normally dodged. "What do I do? I can book the tickets but we'd have to rush to make it on time," she said. What a predicament.

In response to his voiced curiosity, Yugi was given some information that required much thought. One theater would be showing the movie they wished to see in only an hour, but walking would take over half the time. He expected it to be a rather long film, somewhere around the three hour mark. What to do indeed? Going that much longer without a worthwhile snack at least, probably wasn't the best idea. Any random theater couldn't be trusted to have anything available besides just popcorn, which could potentially be terrible. On the other hand, they hardly had time to order food here in the mall; they would have to leave within minutes to make it on time. The real question was, should Kimiko order the tickets?

"Hmm. Well, you've got a point. I'd rather watch it with you than see it alone. Think about how long we'll spend talking about it when it's over? Shared hype is best hype. I'd also rather see it sooner than later. Now that it's on my mind, I'm sure I'll see a huge spoiler the moment I check the internet. Uh... fuck. That's a long walk, but..."

While Yugi was arguing with himself about what answer to give, Kimiko's friendly police stalker was rising from his seat. Hearing this conversation, he thought now was as good a time as any other. "Sounds like you two are in a pickle~♪" he nearly sang, stepping up behind Kimiko and lowering his glasses to have a peek at her mobile device. Before going further, he decided to offer some information as a show of goodwill. "Off duty. Equipment's turned off in the car, so if you two are really in a rush, I could give you a ride. Besides... I'd love a good chat on the way," the detective hinted. There was much he had to discuss with Kimiko, and this was about the only time he could have such a discussion. He wasn't really prepared to take no for an answer, but he wondered if she would try denying him anyway. Even he wanted to see the movie they were discussing; who in their right mind could resist easy access to the theater? "I'll even grab tickets. Or, if you're feeling generous, you can order a third and take an IOU~"

It seemed that Yugi shared her hype. That much was at least expected, given that they shared a great interest in the works of the Aeons. What was more it appeared he also wanted to see the movie at their earliest combined convenience. To quick run over to a movie theater skip out on the end side of their shopping trip and instead go see what was to be the film of the year for nerd culture. It was seeming like they would be doing this, perhaps a bit of a rush and hungry movie ahead of them, but that would be fine. Kimiko really didn't mind such a thing if it meant she got to share a new experience with the person she wanted to experience things with the most. Ah, but they weren't actually alone now where they? No, a voice she found a bit familiar spoke to her, and it was as she said.

"Gojou Satoru, ka." she said aloud acknowledging his presence, she'd offer a playful wink to Yugi saying just a couple of words. "Called it." Ah, yes when they'd first met up today she'd assumed this was the man that was tailing her. Moving on, "That took less time than expected... congratulations~" she said looking up at the man over her shoulder and offering that same smile she always wore for people that weren't Yugi. To be fair though, she wasn't being at all disingenuous when offering her congratulatory statement, she honestly thought him catching on to how to speak to her was a spectacular step in the right direction. And it hinted at the idea that he could foresee his potential downfall at the hands of the police station. He came straight out with the information that the car was no longer functional as a police piece of equipment. He was off duty, just a guy right now, and in truth, someone Kimiko herself considered a prospect for a job. She could take this opportunity to test his mettle a bit, and find out how well he would mesh with the team of her existing employees. She knew from experience she could trust his words and thus had no problem potentially accepting the ride which would get them to the cinema they needed to be at in the shortest amount of time. And she could technically take the time to interview him. This was a win no matter what way she looked at it.

Now then, she needed a quick consult, no reason not to get one in the passing moment, so she'd try another skill she wasn't sure if it would work but looking towards Yugi she offered a cheeky smirk. 'A ride and I get to interview someone for a job position. We get to see our movie as well... what do you think, Yugi? Are you okay with a brief tagalong?' she asked of the lad. She take a few seconds to consider Gojou's offer but she'd be sure to give a consult, this was a date after all. Her finger was hovering on the ticket ordering screen, would she take him up on his offer? Well, that was yet to be seen.

Ah, she remembered him? Interesting. Satoru didn't expect that the rich girl he abducted a couple of days ago would commit his name to memory, though there was always the chance of him being reported. Well, that didn't particularly matter anymore. Who would she report him to? Some corrupt higher-up hellbent on having her brought in by any means necessary, while Satoru himself was thrown out for illegal abduction? Hard pass. That girl with her twisted smile and silver tongue even offered him congratulations, for which he knew the purpose. "Save it. You and I both know, this still isn't a friendly offer," he replied.

Yugi observed this interaction with little interest. At first sight, he knew this was the detective who'd been tailing Kimiko all along. The moment this Gojo Satoru spoke of his equipment being turned off, Yugi understood where this exchange was headed. "Hm," the lad muttered. It seemed something he brought an end to ages ago, hadn't really been ended at all. Politics and everything connected to them were corrupt at the root, regardless of how many weeds were pulled. Oh, but what was this? Kimiko was entertaining this man's speech, sending words directly into Yugi's mind regarding the benefits of accepting Satoru's offer. 'No reason not to. This guy's got nothing wrong with him; you already know that. I'm pretty sure I know what he's so keen on talking to you about though, and... I'm also pretty sure he's not taking no for an answer. Fuck it; we've got a movie to see!'

Satoru watched with mild interest as the teens stared at each other. Yugi took note of this, visibly shrugging as if to portray a normal 'silent conversation' between them, leaving Satoru with one remaining question. "Good. I'm not here to get in the way of your date. I was waiting until the end to offer you guys a ride back. This seems better for everyone. So, who's buying?"

This was quite an interesting situation. Kimiko was being as friendly as her general demeanor allowed her to be, still this man seemed at least for a moment to be a bit pushier still than even she was, and ever so slightly intolerant of her attitude these were all positive marks. Her consultation with Yugi gave her a secondary opinion on what she already thought. "Oh? There's no reason it wasn't a friendly offer... except you saying so right just now~" she mused seeming to find the whole thing to be about as funny as it could be.

Moving on from that point, it seemed that Yugi was all for the fastest paced route to their new venue. Kimiko was also for this as much as she wished to actually see the movie in question. Their silent conversation was under observation whether Gojou knew the depths of how much of a conversation it actually was, didn't matter. Though he earned more points for noticing the moment of eye contact shared between the two. He even clarified that he wasn't trying to get in the way of their date, and this way was simply easier on all sides. That grin on her face didn't waver at all, instead only a small chuckle left the girl as she gave a casual shrug. The phone in her hand was used to make a purchase of three tickets without a second more of hesitation. "Hai hai, I'll buy. Not like I'd keep another fan from seeing the movie of the year," she expressed a truthful sentiment. Any connection to nerd behavior was also a plus for having him fit in with her team... he was working his way well into the right pace for a job upgrade of a life time. "I assume you saw which theater it was. Lead the way then~" she said pressing the confirmation button and turning to wait on the man to lead the way to his car. "We have a movie to catch~" The girl didn't seem to have a care or worry in the world. To be truthful, she was so very used to getting her way, there weren't any adults in the world that had enough authority to evoke worry out of her. Though she knew the outright effect she had on other individuals, she was always just waiting for someone to realize what she was actually like. There were a few who managed, Gojou Satoru might soon be on a list of a favored few.

"There was every reason, and you know it. Even he knows it," said Satoru, his thumb aimed in Yugi's direction. There was no point in small talk or anything of the like; matters of importance needed clearing up posthaste. Yugi's eyes were trained on the detective by this point, and with another shrug, he spoke. "Don't count me. I know everything," he said cheekily, almost as if he had some animosity toward Satoru. He didn't have any in actuality, but he was never one to speak pleasantly with others. "I'm sure you do, Aiba-kun~♪ I'm a fan of your work," Satoru retorted.

Three tickets were bought without any further questioning, and even before confirmation was given by Kimiko. Satoru could accept that. "Nice. I'll get back to you about that IOU. Let's go," the tall male said as he stepped forward, casually gesturing for the teens to follow along. Yugi waited a few paces before shoving his hands into his pockets and following along. "Oi, how's about a stop by McDonald's on the way? No point starving our way through what I'm sure is gonna be a long ass movie." With Yugi's request being made as they walked, Satoru glanced over his shoulder. "That wouldn't be smart, no. Unless you plan on gambling through the intermission, I wouldn't recommend it. Part two should have a strong opening scene," he explained. Hearing this, Yugi quirked a brow. "Intermission? It's a two-part fucking movie!?"

Soon enough, Satoru was sliding into the driver's side of his SUV and confirming the status of his equipment. Everything was off, and he confirmed ample backseat space for the dating teens, assuming they would prefer sitting together. "All clear. In you get, both of you. McDonald's, then six and a half hours in a theater."

There was every reason to assume it wasn't friendly, Gojou Satoru claimed. There really wasn't, regardless of what she knew or didn't know, Ashikaga Kimiko was a commonly misunderstood person. She truly wasn't being unfriendly and didn't see anything that could be said to her in a moment like this as anything other than friendly. Of course, she realized that by being a bit bratty upon their meeting, she probably made this white haired man fear for his job, regardless of her own intentions. At the same time, he claimed that Yugi also knew what this situation was. Of course he did, if there was any individual Kimiko could have faith in following any random situation, it was Aiba Yugi. Gojou even claimed to be a fan of Yugi's work, which made the girl chuckle. "Isn't everyone a fan of his?~" she questioned most rhetorically.

Moving right along she followed along beside Yugi as they went with the white haired main towards his vehicle which he lead them towards after confirming that she would indeed buy three tickets for the movie. "You don't owe me anything, Gojou~" the girl mentioned. She wasn't in need of IOUs of any sort, and it wasn't as if the price of the movie ticket would set her back at any moment. As an aside he was also about to drive them to the movies so it wasn't as if there wasn't an exchange already taking place. Regardless of his desire to speak with him, she didn't consider their interact to need any sort of repayment. Still there was a discussion about stopping somewhere and an explanation that the movie they were planning to see had an exceedingly long run time. Actually that was enough to distract the lass even as Yugi also seemed to be shocked. "Yosh! They can't have skipped much of anything if it's going to be that long~ Let's go!~" she said seeming to be even more excited by the movie after finding out about its length. Ah, but there was another truth they hadn't eaten yet this day, and Yugi claimed to want to stop somewhere, it was a name she was unfamiliar with. "Wait. What the fuck is a McDonalds?" the lass questioned as she slid into the back seat after being given the all clear by Gojou Satoru. Conscientious would be added to his list of traits, another net positive in his resume. Still she sat with perfect posture, her bags at her feet and her hands in her lap, legs crossed at the knee behind the passenger seat with not a care in the world.

"Not everyone," Gojo said. Yugi agreed wholeheartedly with this notion. The 'Geno Killer' had fans, but the same could not be said of Yugi himself. One such example the lad figured would be addressed as he entered the vehicle behind Satoru. "Like your boss?" he asked, earning a glance from Satoru via the rear-view mirror. "Something like that, yeah." And there it was. Yugi shut his door, making himself comfortable by leaning back and propping a knee against the seat in front of him. Such a thing was felt by Satoru, who paid it little mind.

In moments, Satoru had the group leaving the parking lot of this establishment. A thirty minute walk would hardly translate to anything resembling a long drive, but it seemed there was a stop to make along the way. Of course, that was only in reference to the physical stop. There was also a halt brought to the gears in Satoru's head, and to Yugi's perception of reality. "And I thought I'd heard it all..." said Satoru. Meanwhile, Yugi was cracking up in the back. "You're serious? You've never even heard of McDonald's? Oi, your privilege is showing again~" he teased. With that though, he had only one thing to say... which was something meant for Satoru's ear. "Fucking step on it! This girl is missing the spice of life!"

"Hai~♪" said the driver. Lo and behold, Satoru actually increased the speed of his drive. Yugi had a point. How could one go their whole lives without even knowing about the most popular fast food restaurant in the world? He didn't eat there often, but it wasn't something one went nearly two decades without experiencing, whether by necessity or curiosity.

Not everyone was a fan of Yugi's. Kimiko knew and understood this already. As the 'Geno Killer' the lad had many fans in gaming communities. But as the son of the previously disgraced Prime Minister, he was something of an enigma and probably considered persona non grata in most situations of higher social standing. This would be especially true of those who were scared of being outed for their corruption. "Eh? Sounds a bit like a personal problem on his part. I've found most people who would be like that wouldn't be worth associating with~" the lass chimed in as she looked out of the window seemingly disinterested. Of course, this was all until her question was answered in a a near hysterical fashion.

Both Yugi and Satoru seemed to be completely taken aback by her lack of knowledge concerning whatever McDonald's was. Given context clues it was rather obvious it was some sort of food place. Given the fact that both of these people knew what sort of food place it was, it was also obvious it was one of those things that would have been considered clashing with her diet. According to Yugi this was an obvious showing of her privilege. Satoru on the other hand just seemed rather baffled given his own words. In response to this sort of teasing attention from Yugi, Kimiko's face reddened and she managed a scoff, "What? Never had something slip past your radar? I'm the odd one out here," she said but the redness of her face wasn't going anywhere anytime soon and she was more than well aware of that. "What kind of food is missing from my unseasoned life?" she asked with that touch of her sarcasm that was usually only appreciated by one such as Yugi. Besides all of the fuss, it seemed that Satoru was fine to rush them along to this place. She did wonder what he wanted to talk about, well not really she had some idea but it was worth it to see how he'd approach it.

Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast