Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Shibuya

He would get bored and do something constructive, would he? Well... of course. That much was a guarantee, regardless of what he had to entertain him. For Yugi, it wasn't even a matter of boredom per se, but a simple urge to do something exciting and see its effects on the world around him, even if only in his immediate vicinity. "Well yeah, but... that still doesn't mean anything I did would be appropriate," he claimed.

Even though his earlier statement had been one made in jest, he truly thought the incredible wealth had successfully spoiled the girl named Kimiko. It was such a hilarious thing, though. Paired with her state of visual embarrassment, Yugi quickly found himself incredibly entertained. His amusement was palpable even as he offered to literally hand-feed the girl a slice of pizza, which itself would have been something he found hilarious from an outside perspective. He could have simply explained things, but no─ this was what felt more natural for whatever reason.

And so, Kimiko managed to sample the pizza of the common folk. It was abundantly clear that she found it to be acceptable, even delectable. Her question to the world at large was met by the laughter of Yugi. Indeed, this one would soon be in for a long list of interesting experiences, if something as simple as a bite of pizza was so incredible. "Really? You just took a bite of like... the most common thing ever, and you're losing your shit over it," he said, his eyes being drawn to that string of melted cheese hanging from the lass' lip. Holding the slice in one hand, he used his other to trail a finger along Kimiko's bottom lip. He'd take that cheese, shoving the tip of his finger betwixt his own lips to consume it. It seemed he was in a comfortable enough state that he wasn't even giving consideration to his actions. "Wait until you get ahold of a really good burger~"

A single nod would come from Kimiko, she understood the difference between appropriate and constructive but that didn't change what she'd said. If anything she knew this information from experience alone. Moving right along, this pair was sharing a very intimate moment in the present. She was fed food directly from the hands of another person. She should have found something about this more than a bit patronizing but she didn't. In fact, she was truly spoiled and enjoyed being spoiled through experience as well. In this moment she felt more comfortable than any other she'd been in. She supposed it was probably odd, and hilarious from an outward perspective. Her resting public face was much more tough, but here in this moment, she felt comfortable enough to show herself and the lad obviously felt the same. In fact, from her current place beside him, she could tell he looked happy, and she found herself wondering if he always looked this happy. And if he didn't she wanted to make sure this was the case.

Before she could devote an extreme amount of thought to this though, there was something else. "But it's really good. I don't like knowing I've been missing out on things..." the girl said as if her reaction was the most normal in the world. In truth this was a matter of her nature as a greedy person, but it didn't matter in the long run. The lad reached out, a single finger running across her bottom lip. Very rare was it for this lass to seem out of sorts, but he'd found a single piece of cheese dangling from her lip and wiped it away. That was kind of him, what he did with it though, made her eyes widen and the flush on her face become even more obvious. 'Sugoi! He ate it. I thought maybe he was one of those super shy types, because Kou as an Avatar is super shy but...' she gave pause even within her own thoughts. 'That was an indirect kiss!' Kimiko could have died in this moment, she was finding Yugi to be exactly what she needed. "I've had burgers before... but I don't see what the big deal is... but given this pizza fiasco I am almost certain I've never had a good burger!~" she exclaimed. "I'm really excited to find out everything!~" she mentioned which was likely very obvious, and very fitting with the type of person she was. This was a reasonable enough segue.

A segue into what? Well, the most obvious answer was the line of questioning she had in mind for the lad. He'd mentioned her being able to ask any questions she had, and she was quite curious about his logic in these moments. For instance, why was he such a rare face at school? She'd barely have recognized him if not for her other habits. Why did he live outside of a mansion which was likely his? What did he get out of his modest experience? She gave pause and thought about how to ask a question. And it was something to give great consideration to, she enjoyed their conversations and knew they got along to a great extent so she could make some assumptions. "So, that puzzle you gave to the puzzle club, did you actually expect anyone to finish it?" she asked, bridging the topics slowly she could move through them at her leisure while they ate and she definitely would like to know everything she could about this lad.

He considered it fair enough that Kimiko disliked missing out on things; he was much the same. Going without any experience that one could have, and may enjoy, was almost a repulsive thought. More importantly though, if he could offer such experiences and satisfaction to the lass, then there was much excitement to be had on his end as well. How many foods could they share this way? Beyond food, what else could they do? The more Yugi thought about the potentials, the more he realized they were endless. One could even say they were more endless than the options to be found in burgers, which happened to be the topic of conversation after a slight shift. "Let me take a guess, and say your burgers come with forks and knives too," he said, doubting that Kimiko had ever experienced what a commoner would call a 'proper' burger.

"There's so much more, too. Pizza, burgers, ramen, even TV dinners if you manage to find the right mood and brand at the same time. Seriously, you're in for a trip," the lad asserted. Ah, but at long last, it was time to move toward other topics. After Yugi stole a sample of cheese from her face, she saw fit to question the puzzle he'd left in the club at school. Offering up her slice, he reached out to claim another for himself, almost laughing at the question presented to him. "That's the first curiosity? Sou ka."

In truth, this was something he hadn't even given consideration to for quite some time. He could hardly even remember how long it'd been since the puzzle club was begging him to join, the day he decided to create that object. Leaning back with a slice to chew on, he stared at his collection of merchandise and gave it a bit of thought. "Well... I didn't exactly make it with the intention of them failing. That was the bare minimum to prove growth in the abilities they already had. I didn't want to answer their call to join up, just to become their supreme ruler or whatever dumb thing they wanted me to be. For me to join, I just wanted at least one of them to be pushing toward greater heights, and to show enough resolve to actually make the moves necessary to accomplish that. Me being around would just be a reason for everyone else to stagnate, otherwise. It's the same reason I don't like teaming up in video games, or... in anything, really."

"Things you eat with your hands are junk food and contradict your diet," she repeated a phrase she'd heard a lot growing up with the exact tone and cadence her mother spoke with. Kimiko was a person was raised to have the utmost dignity. Besides all of that her mother came from a very old and rich family. So, she maintained certain expectations for her daughter whether the lass agreed with them or not. Given this information literally everything that Kimiko ate, came with proper utensils, or she couldn't eat it. This was a habit she'd carried with herself even beyond this world, most of the things she'd consumed in the other world had been eaten in a similar fashion. But this wasn't worth harping over.

No, the future was much more exciting in this case. Apparently, Yugi could name many more things that she could eat. Things they could try. Her eyes sparkled at the idea that there were so many more things to try and do specifically with this lad. "Hai hai! I'm pretty excited about this, probably way more than I should be..." the lass admitted sheepishly, as she accepted her slice of pizza. She'd take another bite as the lad claimed his own. She spent time getting used to holding her own hand based food and hearing out the lad's explanation for that outlandish puzzle he'd created. After he was finished with his explanation she was a good few bites into her slice. She'd wait until she finished chewing to express her understanding. "Oh... that makes a decent bit of sense. Actually, it was pretty fun but compared to the one you gave me, that one was pretty easy. Still pretty fun though," she mentioned of the actual object. "Still I feel like I stole Miura-kun's thunder. He seemed like he might have figured it out... eventually. You were right about what you thought would happen with that group, though. Based on his attitude I am pretty sure they flocked to him and didn't get any better," she mentioned. Logically it made a great deal of sense people tended to look to others for guidance. Even so, in group activities and team sports, relying on a single individual was bad for group dynamics and for the growth of the group. "I do get it though, I wouldn't have joined that group either for very similar reasons. And working with other people is always strange but I tend to run into slightly different problems with that over all," she explained.

She went back to eating and a few moments later she pondered her next question. What else could she ask in this moment? Well there were quite a few topics left to cover... "So, why don't you go to school more often?" Kimiko's questions were about his mindset. She was curious about him as a person. That wasn't to say she enjoyed school very much herself, she was only there as a part of her contractual obligation. But he wasn't outright a hoodlum, he wasn't spending a bunch of time with other people. Though he didn't like socializing in the same way as other people she still found it odd that he was missing more often than not.

"... Uh─" he chimed. That statement about what classified as junk food was, in all honesty, the most horrendous thing he'd heard in ages. One could only assume this was a clause used to raise Kimiko during childhood. Yugi couldn't imagine a life without at least a few meals that didn't require utensils. "Well yeah, but what's the point? If you never go against your diet, it's not exactly a diet, is it? That's just... eating boring stuff for life. It's... basically like being vegan."

As he spoke these words, Yugi prepared to take the first bite of his pizza slice. When he did, he took a large enough bite to fill his mouth, taking away nearly half of the slice in his hand. The time during which Kimiko spoke was used to chew for what seemed like ages. She spoke of the lad named Miura, and how she believed he could have eventually solved Yugi's puzzle. Yugi agreed; that boy was the only one who even stood a chance, based on what he'd seen of the puzzle club's members as a whole. More importantly than any of that though, was the notion that Kimiko found fun in the puzzle. "It's good that you enjoyed it. The one I gave you was way more thorough, but I got really into it when I was making that one. If anybody was gonna solve it, it would be you. That was just a matter of how long it took you to get there," he explained, having considered various time windows for Kimiko locating the puzzle.

It was time for the next question. She was making some rather interesting choices in inquiries, and number two was the strangest yet. Why he didn't go to school more often... Well, that was something that hardly even had an explanation. "Mostly because I just don't want to. I go enough for my grades to be fine, but it'd just be annoying if I showed up every day. Too many clubs, too much restriction, too little stuff that's... me. Suman; not much of an answer there."

It seemed that Yugi also saw the problem with the way that Kimiko found herself raised. He compared such restrictions to being vegan which she could definitely see herself. "Hm, I suppose that is a good comparison. I never much understood the point, but I would rather not pick that point to argue about. There are better battles to fight," she said with a chuckle. Of course, there were things which she argued about a lot but learned her lesson rather early and picked points she could win about. Most of which having to do with the nature of her mind and her desire to be a business person like her father.

Moving right along, she received a bit of indirect praise about her completion of the puzzle. Yugi claimed that she was about the only person to finish it, and though he'd put more of himself into the one he'd created personally for her, he thought her ability to complete the other one to be a matter of time. Her face flushed just a little as she finished off her slice of pizza crust and all. "Sou ka, well I'm glad you had faith in me~" the lass managed while looking away. Soon enough she was allowed to be more distracted than before. As the answer to her second question was given. Apparently the lad simply didn't like school that much and only went enough to keep up his grades. He didn't have any profound reason for this, stating only that it was simply not enough 'him'. "Ah, that makes sense. No worries. I was just curious. I am contractually obligated to attend school, it's how I get to do what is actually fun and interesting to me. But I don't much get the fun of school... and I am pretty bad at socializing in general," the lass admitted. She had a difficult time with school, not academically but with the people. But her father wanted her to attend and make the most of her experiences, and to be as normal as possible. Given the state of the other 'genius' type people in their age range she could say that she simply had different problems from the rest of them, not that she was anywhere near normal. But their compromise made it so she attended but still got to run a rather large portion of the business in her off time, so long as her grades were high and her attendance reasonable. So, now on to a more interesting question, if not attending school was just a matter of leisure then why didn't he live in his own house? "Okay then, big question... why do you choose to live out here?" she asked earnestly. She'd had a look at that house and it was well beyond a standard state of living. It could have been a matter of privacy, she could get it then... but that seemed a bit shallow.

"The point of what, being vegan? About as much point as there is in religion, but... even I won't argue those things either. Some people don't want to hear about the bullshit, y'know?" he questioned rhetorically, tearing off another chunk of pizza with his teeth thereafter. He seemed to find more and more relaxation as the seconds passed, strange though the conversation was all the while.

When his eyes shifted to look toward Kimiko, she seemed to be gazing in the other direction. Was this embarrassment? It seemed to be, as he recalled the Avatar Miki to show similar enough reactions to draw such a conclusion. There was hardly room to address this, as there was an interesting fact revealed about Kimiko herself. She was contractually obligated to attend school, likely as part of her having a segment of the Ashikaga company all her own. "I don't know if I'd call you bad at socializing. Maybe just a little off-putting with the uh... face thing," he said, finding hesitation betwixt his words due to a lack of... well, proper wording. In all honesty, he strangely fancied the girl's resting expression that was sure to be a deterrent to most. Of course, Yugi was also simply a degenerate.

And then, there was the third question─ the one he'd been anticipating this entire time. There were so many reasons he had for living in the box they were presently in, and he hardly even knew where to begin. He was silent, taking another bite while gathering his thoughts before he could even begin to respond. "Well..." he started mid-chew. Only after swallowing did he decide a starting point. "From the start, I ran from that lavish lifestyle. I wanted to keep myself grounded because I couldn't stand the idea of having so much while being right down the street from people who have nothing. I always planned to go back, but... then some things happened with my dad, so I left my sister inside while she was sick, and I just used this room as my gaming den or whatever." As he revealed this information, there was a looming darkness in the truth of it all. He was already talking, so he thought there was no need to withhold the rest. "Yumi... she died last year. I still haven't figured out how she wound up in that other world, but I could never even bring myself to address it. Since that happened, I've barely even set foot in the house. Earlier today was the first time I unlocked the door in months, and it was only because the phone finally rang."

"Hai, that exactly~" she said about the vegan thing and about arguments that weren't necessary. She couldn't help but feel a bit more relaxed as time went on as well. She enjoyed chatting with this boy, even while she had the slightest hint of embarrassment on her face. It seemed though that Yugi at least didn't think she was actually bad at socializing. He claimed that it was probably just her facial expression that was off-putting to some. A chuckle came from Kimiko in the moment, and while she could agree that her facial expression did put off a few people from talking to her directly, there was a bit more to her idea of being bad at socializing. "Ah... my face is one thing, but I am bad at socializing for different reasons. It's a bit embarrassing actually, I'll explain later..." she said softly. There was a bit of complication in the life of Ashikaga Kimiko at least when it came to her peers.

Moving right along, she was willing to put off explaining her own weirdness to learn more about the lad. He seemed to be deep in thought for a moment or two before he went about explaining his logic behind living in this space. According to the lad it started out as a rejection of his lavish lifestyle. He claimed that he'd planned to go back eventually but he'd run into issues with his dad. Apparently while his sister was sick he left her within that home for her own health and hung out in this space for gaming. Within seconds though her eyes widened and many of the things she'd witnessed made sense. His younger sister Yumi had died in this world, and he didn't know how she was alive in the other one. He couldn't bring himself to go back or deal with that after it happened. He'd apparently not even been in the house in months. Kimiko felt strangely about this information. So many things made sense, but many didn't. Timing is strange in this world by comparison, and she knew that now. She'd share that information with him shortly, but right now, she needed to do something else. She felt the need to comfort this lad, she didn't know what to say to him, and she couldn't really commiserate. She'd experienced some strange instances in her life, but they were a bit different. Here and now, she opened her arms and wrapped them around the lad before her, there was only one thing she could say, "Yugi... you don't have to say anymore if you don't want to, that's a lot." She couldn't apologize that didn't feel right, she could only try to be here for the lad while he expressed himself. She'd hear him out while her arms were wrapped around him, if he wanted to share more.

There was another reason Kimiko considered herself bad at socializing. Yugi gave this a moment of consideration, and he supposed that was an understandable notion. It couldn't have ever been a matter of her expression driving people off, but more to do with those who would approach one of her stature regardless of their visage. "Sou ka. Well... that's their fault, isn't it? Don't say you're bad at socializing because of who comes your way, or how you deal with them when they're not the types of people you should be around."

Perhaps Yugi said more than he normally would have. In only a minute, he had just about given away the entire story of his life. Of course, the 'darker' parts of his own past were left out, but that which had been the worst to deal with was something he simply blurted out because it was on his mind from everything else he'd said. Interestingly enough, Kimiko decided to offer him comfort in the wake of this regurgitation. As he felt the sensation of her arms wrapping around him, his movements paused aside from the sudden widening of his eyes. He didn't actually need comforting, but he also couldn't bring himself to reject her embrace at all. He simply took it... differently than it was perhaps intended. "Iia, iia. Don't get me wrong; I'm not really bummed out about it anymore. I couldn't be anything but relieved that she's still around somewhere, even if it is in another reality. Right now though, besides that world being like some crazy dream come to life, she makes me really want to go back. Even when we're jumping down each other's throats, I'm kind of happy about it." Yugi offered this simple explanation while meaning every word from the bottom of his heart. There was one more thing he needed to address, though. He'd said so much to the contrary of Kimiko's current actions, but... that, itself, was something he needed to contradict with an additional clause. "Don't let that stop you, though. It still feels... nice," he concluded as his free hand rested atop the raven-haired girl's arm, almost as if to hold it against himself.

It seemed that Yugi was once again filling in the blanks of Kimiko's missing speech. Her eyes widened slightly at his words. Of course, he was quite right, it wasn't really her fault that she thought herself bad at socializing. It was incredibly hard to trust the intentions of other people, and those who approached her in general didn't have anything good to offer her. She'd adopted a certain level of distance from others because of her misaligned interactions, and as such she didn't appear to ever have any friends. She couldn't properly express it in the moment but she wanted to thank him.

Ah, but that was an aside, as she offered him the only comfort she knew to give him. He went on to speak more. Apparently he wasn't really sad about his sister's death anymore and overall he was just happy that she was alive somewhere. That was quite encouraging, so it seemed Kimiko's embrace might have been considered a bit misplaced. That being said, as he went on he claimed that she shouldn't let his being okay stop her. A warm hand met her arm and when it did it made warm tingles travel up her arm. "Hai hai, I think it's pretty nice too. Though I did it for you..." the girl mentioned softly. She held him this way and spoke on what he'd said a bit more as well as giving him a bit more information, as she knew he was also trying to conquer the problems of the two versions of the world. "I found out something interesting when I was... looking for you. Kitera Ume is still here and she'd never heard of AoE," she said with a small smirk on her face. "She said when we met her that one of her patients mentioned it, and it was me. I'm the one who told her, yesterday actually..." she summarized. This was quite strange but obviously there was some time travel or at least some kind of time based paradox involved with their travel between worlds.

Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast