Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Shibuya

A long journey had been taken in another world. Aiba Yugi had seen things, done things, experienced things he could have never imagined... and with people he could have never imagined having those experience with. Sadly, he was just robbed of the experience that could have changed him in an irreversible way. Ashikaga Kimiko was the name in his mind as he woke before the same computer he'd last seen in this world. Nothing seemed to have changed since he was transported to that other world, bar his computer shutting itself off. He sat in darkness with puckered lips when his eyes opened, having only a single thing to say. . .

"... Fuck," he muttered. Unbeknownst to Yugi, he was being watched through hidden cameras placed inside the box of a room he lived in. Three days had passed since he was sent to that world, and that was all it took for a hidden group to find him as one who disappeared playing Age of Eternity. This group was quite excited to finally locate a player who returned after vanishing, and in such a short amount of time to boot! Yugi, on the other hand, could not have been more disappointed.

He hadn't been dreaming. There was no conceivable way that he'd fallen asleep while gaming, and imagined so very much in what he thought to be a matter of hours. There was also that cryptic message from the Nexus to consider, but he couldn't be bothered to do so. What was he to do about the developing situation with one Ashikaga Kimiko? He felt a desire to find her; doing so would be a very easy task for him. Alas, there was an existence within himself that said otherwise. He'd given her the method of answering the greatest question he could ask her, and the only way that could be done... would be for Yugi to lead his normal life in this world─ that much he understood deep within.

Parting words? He was so close that last kiss might have helped her deeply... but alas it wasn't to be. A frown over took this girl's face. Who actually expected her to be okay with this parting? Her mind drifted as her eyes opened. Ashikaga Kimiko sat herself up in bed and leaned forward into her hands. She had been so close to what she wanted. She didn't dream that... right? She wouldn't have made up a guy in her head who fit all her necessary criteria? A single tear rolled out of her eyes and she heard a chiming as she moved back? What was that sound? It was... the sound of a jewel hitting the keyboard in her lap. She was once again in her own room and her own body. She was still wearing lingerie but added to her fit was this large red jewel on a golden chain necklace. It was so clear it reflected the color of her eyes perfectly. 'Sou ka... it was real. So I guess that was my actual warning for the game of tag this time?' she thought but... that didn't sit right with her. She threw herself out of bed pushing her keyboard to the side. Her projector was off and so was her set up but none of that mattered now because she needed to think. She stood and walked towards her private bathroom while rubbing away that tear. 'He actually wants to be found right? He actually likes me too?' she questioned. An old insecurity, part of what had fallen away from her in the other world, was rather suddenly back. She knew that he knew who she was, but what if he really didn't like her? Earlier in their adventures she'd been a bit worried and those worries resurfaced immediately. Anxiety plagued this girl as she showered water hitting her body and washing away everything, including the random tears she allowed to fall.

What she couldn't know, was that within this large mansion there were many extra bodies moving around. They were all looking for evidence of her disappearance. She'd come out of her shower wrapped in a towel with newfound purpose. Of course, she'd spent a large amount of time talking herself in and out of finding the lad. And she'd settled based on her own selfish desires. 'He really isn't the type to lead me on like that. I have to trust this... and find him. Ask him directly, and maybe...' she paused that thought. They'd spend far too much time together, she'd grown so attached to him. She really wanted to know him and didn't think it was weird at all. It could be considered like internet dating right? They liked each others personalities so they could like each other in actuality once they got past the awkward stage of it. Once she found him... it would be easy to know or not. Kimiko wasn't shallow, as long as he didn't classify as a fat-ugly bastard she could see herself easily finding the good in whatever form his body had now. As long as he was truly the guy she'd gotten to know and like... everything else would be fine. Aside from that... that final face looked like one she'd seen before... she simply couldn't remember from where. But... they went to the same school so he could have easily just been a face in a crowd. 'Or outside of it... he definitely isn't really a crowds person. Anyways, Akashi said I had everything I needed and I am pretty sure that face at the end was his... so...' as she walked across the room towards her closet her bedroom door opened. She'd already started using processes of elimination to narrow down her search. Assuming it was one of her parents she simply called out, slightly hostile because they were breaking up her concentration. "Oi oi, let me get dressed first. You guys promised to start knocking before you opened my door!"

'Shit. What do I even do now?' Yugi wondered. Aside from a budding relationship that surpassed all expectation, there were so many things in that world worth sticking around for. His sister, Yumi, could likely not exist in this world since her passing roughly one year ago. He never wanted for resources in that world, nor did he ever experience a dull moment. Many things could receive thanks for that, but there was one in particular that always came to mind. Now was no exception as the lad leaned back in his gaming chair, staring into the ceiling. 'I wonder if she'll actually want to go on a stupid wild goose chase like that─' he pondered. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that Kimiko could solve the puzzle, but he did wonder if solving it would even be a worthwhile endeavor. Time would tell, he supposed.

Lazing around to push his way through the funk seemed to be a good idea to the young man. Being in this world had long since become a cause of lethargy, and this return made things worse than ever before. Why couldn't he just have a bit more time? Oh well. This would either be for the best, or for the worst; there was nothing between the two options. Worse yet, the lad who thought to push through an encroaching bout of depression would soon be receiving a type of excitement he didn't want at all. . .

Meanwhile, Kimiko's place of residence was not nearly as vacant as it had been when she last left this reality. Her home had been invaded by the police force─ several officers and detectives even remained just outside of her room when she spoke aloud. Surprise appeared on the face of multiple figures. There was no one here but them, right? Ah, but that was certainly someone within a room that had been marked as a restricted area. "Who the hell is in there?!" spoke an adult male as four total members of his squadron aimed assault firearms at the bedroom door. "Come out! We have you surrounded!"

Kimiko decided on her clothes. It was pretty late, but she could go out and visit her favorite arcade and wait out the start of the school day while she thought over the clues given to her by Akashi. Instead of an answer or barging in from her parents, Kimiko received silence initially. So, she began picking out her clothing, within her walk-in closet. A nice set of lingerie white lace with red trim were what she chose throwing them into her bed from within. 'I'm going to find him. I wonder if he'll have a preference... maybe I should have chosen something different?' she questioned her wardrobe choices but continued pick her favorites. Soon after a small black pleated mini skirt and a long sleeved sweater with a cross like silver marking in the middle. This was her favorite and because it was a turtle neck she could easily hide the necklace she wore which was also on her bed. She stripped the towel from her hair and tossed it into the shape she normally wore, while striding in just her towel. "WHAT!?" she stepped out of her closet and opened her bedroom door. What kind of new staff had been hired in her absence or how long had she been gone? She hadn't checked the calendar yet and her phone was still charging so it was off. There was a bit of a break in her memory, so perhaps someone would be surprised to see her. She opened her door and immediately became furious. Four assault weapons were pointed at her and she saw caution tape across her door. "RUDE! You're pointing guns at me in my house? Who let you in here?" she questioned immediately seemingly unafraid. But if the cops were here perhaps she was gone for longer than she would like to have to explain. She needed more context clues to figure out how she would handle this situation. But outraged rich teen would at least get the start of the job going.

Meanwhile at an internet café a while away from Yugi's house someone was watching the cameras. They'd seen him reappear and had been shocked by it. A series of hushed phone calls later within the private room of this café and someone was soon madly typing away on a computer screen. This was a hack and was set up a couple of days prior to this one. It would lead of course to the lad's computer screen turning on while he looked at it and begin relaying several sets of instructions.

We've been waiting for you to return.
    Now that you know the truth, nothing will ever be the same.
    Put on some clothes and pick up your phone.
    We charged it for you.
    Leave your place and walk a block down the street.
    Towards Shibuya Crossing.
    More instructions to follow.
    Do not deviate.
    We will not harm you.

The instructions were a bit too specific for them to be fake. And to prove that he should comply at the end of the message which turned on his computer, he was given a point of view photo of him exactly as he was at the point the messages started. Several over the course of seconds as he read so he couldn't deny the reality of the situation.

Whatever person had made their way into the Ashikaga household, they were to be considered an intruder and a suspect in more than a single case. Ashikaga Kimiko had vanished with neither rhyme nor reason behind her disappearance, and even a single day of letting the case sit was viewed as absurd. More importantly, it had been discovered that she was in possession of the game called Age of Eternity after being reported missing. Who could the culprit be?

These officers were immediately shocked the moment that door opened. This girl, in her bath towel, was recognizable even to the few who weren't fully aware of the missing person. "Ashikaga─" said one gun-wielding male who went on to discourage the aim of his comrades. Clearly, none of them expected the missing girl to appear angry, in her bedroom, after a bath. The man who spoke up would soon be speaking again, into a receiver this time. "Sir, we've found... Ashikaga Kimiko. Hai. No, sir. She's at home... in a towel. Sir, but she's─... Hai." It seemed whatever person this man answered to, required something of the group. "Ashikaga Kimiko, we would ask that you come with us immediately. This building is under quarantine, and you are being considered a suspect in numerous missing persons cases," he said to the girl. "Please, come quietly. We will at least give you a chance to get dressed."

All the while, Yugi was met by a surprising stranger as well. In his case, his gaming computer was hacked into, and used to relay a message. He raised a brow, thinking this to be an impossible occurrence. 'What the fuck? Nobody should be able to get past my security,' he thought, knowing he possessed what could be viewed as some of the world's best protocols due solely to the situation of his upbringing. Surely enough, though, there was proof provided in the form of an image series. The images... were of Yugi himself, as he sat there receiving the message. Being given these bits of proof, he threw his head back and let an exasperated sigh escape him. "Ugh, fuck!" he exclaimed. 'Don't tell me I wound up in an isekai scenario within the best game ever, and came back just to be thrown into Welcome to the Game. This is bullshit. . .' Yugi did have one thing to say. Since he was being watched so closely, there was a single question that came to mind. "And if I tell you to go fuck yourself?"

It seemed in the case of one Ashikaga Kimiko she was at least recognized by one of the individual cops present. He went on to discourage the others from holding her at gunpoint. That was one thing in his favor in the moment. She also still became privy to the conversation he was having on the walkie-talkie with whoever his superior was. From what she could gather from this side of the conversation it was being demanded that they bring her in, a sigh escaped her as it became obvious that something bad was happening here and she wasn't just going to get to visit her favorite arcade and think through her main objective which was locating the lad behind the name Geno Killer. On a brighter note at least the man before her had tried to be reasonable... and she was about to find out exactly how reasonable this man was as he confronted her with some strange information. "Uh-huh..." she said with a little bit of an attitude. Why were so many things always getting in her way? Regardless this man had at least offered to let her get dressed. "I'm closing my door. I'll be out in 2 minutes. And I'll accompany you. I won't answer a single question without a lawyer or one of my guardians present and I need... your name." she said looking directly to the man who'd been speaking to her. After she received this information she would go on to get dressed and emerge from her room in two minutes time as promised. She would be dressed then, in her red turtle neck sweater with the sliver cross on the front. Tucked into her neck line a large gemstone necklace she'd already become quite fond of. As well as the black pleated mini-skirt. She'd finish her look with some thigh high socks and also bring out a large pink designer hoodie and a large pair of sunglasses. After all being spotted in custody wasn't at all on her list of things to do.

In the meantime the lad known as Geno Killer was experiencing just as many inconveniences to his return as well. Though he'd done nothing wrong and shouldn't have been on anyone's radar he was on someone's. His question to the world at large was indeed heard and with it would come an answer. Strangely though it was more of a threat than anything. Across his screen came new words and with those words came the exact nature of this group who'd offered to simply have him come along without fighting.

If you do, we'll come get you.
    And you won't like it.

To prove this point a red laser pointer dot appeared over his shoulder through his window directly over his computer screen. Proving there were physical eyes on him nearby enough to make his escape impossible. The invitation he was extended was technically undeniable. He would either do as they asked nicely or they would make him comply by force.

That attitude was precisely what these men, particularly the one receiving their orders, did not want to deal with after seeing the girl beyond her room door. One man spoke for all the others, but the intent was that of another who stood above even him. Despite acknowledging within himself that there was no logical reason to bring this girl in without hesitation, he was under direct orders to do so... but he certainly wasn't going to drag a towel-wearing girl from her own home into an interrogation. He could only nod when Kimiko claimed no questions would be answered without the presence of a lawyer or guardian, but most troublesome was the moment she claimed to need his name. A bead of sweat trickled from the man's forehead, and he gulped. "Uh... Gojo. Gojo Satoru... desu," he spoke nervously. In the depth of his soul, he felt he would be out of a career rather soon. The shameful thing was that he had only recently graduated from the required schooling to become an officer, and performed well enough to be put in something resembling a position of power.

Many thoughts crossed his mind. What could he do next? He supposed he was good-looking enough with a reasonable amount of charisma when necessary; he could find a job that paid well enough somewhere. Something could suffice after his dream went to waste. For now though, he had no choice but to await the girl getting dressed. It didn't particularly matter what she chose to put on; whatever her comfort determined would be fine. Once she emerged with a few layers, it seemed the time had come. "Are you ready?"

Answering 'no' was not an option for Yugi, apparently. If the statement that he would be retrieved wasn't enough, this mysterious group was willing to aim sniper fire at the lad through his only window. Who could have wanted his attention so badly? Surely it was some political nonsense they wanted; it wouldn't be the first time he was approached by politics who knew who he was, and what he'd done. There wasn't really much choice; he had to get moving. "Fine, fine. Whoever you are though, if I don't think this trip is worth my time, I'm punching you out," he declared while reaching to a nearby chair filled with discarded clothes. From there, he retrieved a few articles worth throwing on. He went without a shirt, simply throwing on a red vest he favored along with a grey pair of cargo pants.

The name of this officer was given with a bit of hesitation. He looked quite young and given her attitude upon opening her door, she could at least reason that he might have felt a little intimidated by her question. If she was going to complain about anything she now had his name. She could use that information to throw him under the bus if she felt like it but... that wasn't necessarily why she wanted the information. "Gojo Satoru, ka..." she said committing it to memory before she was dressed. When she opened her door a few moments later she had no doubts the lad probably thought his job was at stake. Still, he'd reasoned enough to try and present some arguments to his superior and that was commendable. Still the question he asked at her emergence made her chuckle just a tad. She turned those dazzling red eyes towards this man and smiled. Though it wasn't the kind of smile she would have given her resident Geno Killer it was definitely the kind that made her an idol at her high school and made people trust her. It was one that was practiced with intention and it came only with a reminder. "Gojo-san, remember what I said about questions. Lead the way," she said casually more than content to take this trip to the police station. To prove this point she zipped up her hoodie and threw on the overly large sunglasses she was used to donning for the kinds of activities she got into at night. The only thing missing was her usual baseball cap, but she thought to forego it given the nature of her still wet hair. High pressure and high stress situations were nothing new to her. And she didn't find a police presence intimidating only annoying. Her parents should have been on vacation so if it wasn't too far after her disappearance then... there was no reason for the police to be involved at all. So figuring out why they were so interested in her was her main objective while they were after her.

The threat made by the resident Geno Killer after her figured out there was no way out of his situation was laughable to the person at the other end of the screen. Of course, he hadn't the slightest idea of who was seeking him or why. As such he wouldn't know what was going. Still, the person on the other side had at least a slight sense of humor the message which appeared on his screen was a simple but pointed answer.

You're more than welcome to try.
    Remember to grab your phone and turn towards Shibuya Crossing.
    You'll receive further instructions at the intersection.

And just like that the tiny red dot disappeared as he dressed. What a strange evening the two were in for, though admittedly for very different reasons.

That smile may have incited faith in the peers and partners of Ashikaga Kimiko, but for Satoru, there was an entirely different meaning to be taken. He had already resigned himself to the idea that he would not be employed within a matter of days at most. As such, that smile was nothing more than the frightening confirmation of his impending doom. With the statement that came along with it, he could only hang his head and turn toward the entryway. "... Hai. This way, ma'am," he said while leading Kimiko, as well as a group of other officers, toward the station.

Only a short amount of time would pass before a small group of four, Kimiko included, were in the leading officer's car en route to their destination. They passed by Shibuya Post Office on their path to the police station, lights blaring without sirens. The passing emergency vehicles were noted by a certain male pedestrian on his way to Shibuya Crossing. The young man in question was none other than Aiba Yugi, after finally getting himself together enough to begin his journey. Naturally, he wondered if this police presence had anything to do with where he was being called. The car did travel in the same direction he happened to be headed─ at least on this street. Whatever the case, something worrisome was afoot. "Yare yare," he wondered aloud, checking his phone while walking along. "Got my phone hacked too, I'm guessing? Maybe it would have been a good idea to buy a guy an Uber or something. That'd be one way to convince somebody to go along with a thing. Yeah... I bet it's cheaper than snipers, too! Who even has the money for snip─" He paused, having given consideration to a very specific thought. Ashikaga Kimiko surely had the money to hire something like a sniper, and likely the connections as well. Was it possible that she identified him so quickly, and this was all part of another puzzle he would have to solve before reaching her location? It didn't seem very realistic, but he could at least hope for a moment.

Kimiko soon enough found herself in a car on the way to the police station. Her eyes darted around the car taking in several pieces of information in the meantime. Presently it was approximately three days after she'd defeated the Orc Lorde. Ah, that did indeed explain why such a commotion was underway. Her phone had several unanswered text messages from her father which was indeed unusual. While it was perfectly normal for her to ignore text messages from her mother she usually answered ones from her father promptly. This didn't bode well at all. But still didn't explain the police presence at all. If her father thought she was missing he likely wouldn't have used the police to figure out where she was. So... who then called the police? And more over what kind of questions did they think she could answer? As the girl sat deep in thought her brows furrowed. She watched the passing bodies and movements across the streets several pedestrians caught her eye, even the lad in the grey cargo shorts moving about as her face remained hidden behind her sunglasses. 'I am going to have to come up with some excuse as to why I was unreachable for days at a time. The police aren't going to like how this sort of thing ends for them but... Gojo Satoru doesn't deserve what is likely to happen,' she thought carefully. 'Ugh and I have to work on my smile... that one felt wrong.' She thought, never giving consideration to the fact that fake smiles would feel wrong now that smiled for real so often. Even so, it was still received by those who didn't knew her the way she intended so... she supposed it was a problem for another day. She found herself easily devising pretty standard answers to questions which should be asked of her, assuming of course they thought them pertinent, including how she got in and out of the house without rousing any suspicion.

At the same time as the car passed the lad at the intersection, he received a series text messages.

Yes we hacked your phone.
    Ubers are expensive.
    A little exercise won't kill you.
    Turn left and walk past the large screen. Below it there is a door covered by graffiti.
    Follow down the hall and enter the first door on the left.
    Have a seat.

The person sending these messages still hadn't moved from where they were sitting. In fact, they were basically just hacking various points nearby the lad and had bugged his phone for audio playback so they could hear things he said.

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast