Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Shibuya

"It would be. Besides, we never built around each other on purpose before. Well... I've got a few things that I set up with your build in mind, but that's not the same, y'know?" he raised. The potential was limitless if they started two builds with the intention of beginning anew together, and even more potential for altering old characters around cooperative play. It was so tedious while being in that other world, but in video game form, it was a mere click of a button or three. Moving on from that though, there was the matter of Kimiko's gaming rig... or rather, rigs. "You've got multiple monitors just for doing a bunch of things at once? No wonder the single-player experience got boring for you; you're used to a weird form of solo multiplayer!" the lad joked. Regardless, that setup sounded like a grand idea. He'd take up that second controller and break it in properly, as many times as it took. After all, there was no point in a console that wasn't being played.

With their destination just ahead, their conversation reached an interesting point. Kimiko thought the price of Jaskier's songs in that damnable valley were cheap, considering everything else in the area. Sure, it could be considered fair amongst everything else, but Yugi didn't find that to be justifiable at all. "Comparatively cheap, still pricey as hell. It didn't help that some of the guys in that tavern were willing to pay just for him to shut up," he said, content to address more immediate concerns mere moments after shutting his mouth. "Celestial Alchemy is something I got started on when I was just playing. I'd have to sacrifice a lot to make it happen, but it'd probably fix all the weird hiccups I had going on with my design back in Atlantis. What were you working on?"

Yugi brought up a few good points as well. They hadn't actually built around each other for play. Though both of them seemed to find it easy enough to work around their present builds. The lad with her even stated that he'd made some minor adjustments when they'd partied up but it wasn't exactly the same as playing with someone else from the beginning and building with another person in mind. She could whole heartedly agree. "Hai hai. I did something quite similar. That build is pretty much established. The best I could do was take my skills in a slightly different order to make up for the difference between running it for pets and running it for a teammate," she mentioned with a nod of her head. "Still, I imagine if we go in with both of our ideas on the table we can come up with some super sick combos, and have more obvious covers for our weaknesses. I am pretty sure we only worked as the double knight class before because both of our builds took a weird turn in the middle due to our... shared personality traits~" she summarized. The reason in her mind their builds worked is because both of them favored some rather strange tactics. Those tactics covered the weaknesses that would have been made more obvious if they'd gone about their builds in the more purist type of run.

As for her setup she could only nod. She didn't know it was weird to have so many screens to herself, but her setup was for her comfort instead of other things. "I have one set up for closed testing of Kaiba's gear. One that is for my standard play and the other that I mostly end up just using to run streams in the background." Saying it aloud like that did make it seem kind of draining, but it was at least a bit fun. Whenever she got tired of it, she left her room and instead when to her gaming room but that was for experiences that were standard that she truly wanted to immerse in without being bothered. Moving right along, it was brought to her attention that Jaskier had been paid at some point to keep quiet during their adventure. The business person in Kimiko found that amusing. "That is a strangely effective money making strategy. I might have to chat with him later~" she mused her own tone quite joking as well. Beyond that Celestial Alchemy was something that Yugi had been working on during his solo play but would have required quite a bit of sacrifice on his part. The mall was a triple layer building full of lights and exceedingly long. It was approached from a strange angle but it was nice to look at. Kimiko would take this moment to explain what she'd been going after in her own build. "Ah, well, doing something like Celestial Alchemy this will likely make a bit of sense. I am building a Transcendent Lich. I have to do a whole bunch of steps and gather some stuff to keep the human form with it, but it makes the build super flexible with no obvious weaknesses at the end. Whenever I actually get there."

Shared personality traits. Yes, that seemed about the perfect descriptor for the functionality between them. As a pair of gamers, they were as close as possible to being a single entity. Many times did Yugi see signs of himself throughout gaming communities, but he'd have an easier time counting the differences between Kimiko's approach and his own than otherwise. "I honestly think things would have worked out regardless of how our builds started. We wouldn't have many problems at all using solo skills as a group. We at least already know your pet build would have worked for both of us, based on that first meeting~"

Casual as ever, Yugi remained as their 'shopping' trip officially began. Kimiko explained her setup as if there was nothing strange about it at all. "So, what, do you just activate Sharingan every time you need a game session?" he asked, pausing for an additional moment of consideration. "Nah, you're more the Oborozuki type, huh?" Given the names Kimiko chose for two creatures associated with her Avatars, and many things regarding one particular Avatar as well, he could easily make an assumption regarding her Doujutsu preferences. Something he never had to assume, though, was that she sought what many could consider to be the epitome of necromancer builds. Of course she would go for the most versatile, just as Yugi himself would. "So you're also going through that phase where your first character gets way too OP for all content in the game? Always love that. I usually give up on that character because it's just too much, but I think things will be very different when... well, we're physically being those characters. I'll take the overpowered part any day of the week─"

According to Yugi their solo play styles probably would have worked out regardless. Kimiko found that to be the truth of them, she'd only changed her build around a bit because it was better for a living partner. "Mmhm, that's pretty true. The pet build was fine, I only switched around my ability share regeneration and buffs. In my solo play I let my pets die and bring them back to life to buff my Necromancy..." she said. It was at the very least a practical use of her skills and an ability to level them without having to do any specific grinding. Of course, this was pretty obvious as a 'Kimiko' tactic, she had mentioned doing something similar with the entrances to the Migrating Vale and her 'Gatekeeper' abilities.

As their shopping trip got started, Kimiko found herself moving along hand in hand within the mall. They were probably still being tailed she realized, but there was hardly anything abnormal about two teens spending time in a shopping mall. Right at the moment, she was walking around glancing in shop windows and wondering what kind of place they'd stop first. Of course, there was also the fun of their current conversation. "Definitely more of an Oborozuki type~ And yeah, unless I am really feeling it and want to focus. Then I use a different set up~" she mentioned. Ah, yes, Kimiko actually had an entire room dedicated to gaming but she preferred the relaxed set up of her bedroom for most of her normal gaming sessions. As for the overpowered nature of her first character, she could only agree with the lad. She did indeed push it to the upper limits but there was reason behind that sort of madness. "Of course. But there is a good reason for it. Once your first character is absolutely ridiculous and has gone the best route possible, you can flex a bit. Besides, what is the use of putting like 80 percent of a games total resources into a character if you can't go back to it when you're getting your ass kicked and insta-kill stuff with your thoughts?" she asked most rhetorically. She'd also not tire of any of her Avatars with the ability to switch into them physically. Still she walked along peeking into shop windows wondering if anything at all would actually catch her attention given how currently entertained she was.

Yugi definitely preferred the idea of not being sacrificed and revived by some Necromancer's whim, though he never planned on letting himself die at all. He always had some sort of contingency, even while throwing himself head-first into danger for the rest of their group's sake. One particular moment was during their somewhat recent freeing of that 'young' Vampire and her companion Wyrm; he could never have been drained to death by that bite. "You could have gone ahead with the other build, y'know? I only decided to play a tankier style so you could make the most of your Rogue build. We could've done dual DPS/Utility hybrid with what we've got going already," he insisted of how their individual builds had grown. Even so, he didn't mind the way things worked out at all. Variety and unexpected developments were always a plus in his book.

First characters were always a fun trip. Yugi remembered his earlier gaming days, thinking his character builds looked all sorts of ridiculous by having zero focus on anything, only to later realize he had the ability to answer everything. Ah, those were the best of them. In recent times, characters with strengths not to cover their weaknesses, but to replace tactics that would otherwise expose said weaknesses, was the ultimate experience. "Well... I've never used it for that, but it is always nice to switch over to a relaxing, even mindless experience." This discussion seemed as if it could be unending, and Yugi had no issues with that. They walked, they talked, they scanned different stores with their eyes. Apart from the ongoing conversation, Yugi had but a single thing to say. "So uh... shopping for anything in particular?" he wondered, almost as if the whole shopping experience was beyond him.

Meanwhile, they were indeed being followed rather loosely. Gojo Satoru had entered the building. He kept track of the teens for reasons all his own, though he did so loosely enough to slip into a rather trendy clothing store. The young officer could count his lucky stars that they'd chosen a place like this. If he was to follow them, though, he'd get something for himself along the way. . .

According to Yugi she could have used her normal build as he only went along with being the 'tank' so that she could fully utilize her Rogue abilities. A chuckle escaped her, she felt like she needed to specify a couple of things about her choice in that moment. "Ah, well... I could have but that choice wasn't purely for your sake either. Being honest, I didn't have access to Youko, who was holding all of my pieces of the Lich King's Crown and all of my Necromancy Catalysts for all my big summons. So, my pets build was lacking in pets..." she explained of her situation. "Otherwise, we definitely could get away with running a pair of DPS/Utility," she said of their previous play style. They technically had enough extra people to get away with not using such a thing, but it was an interesting thing to think about.

Oh he never did the thing Kimiko was mentioning? Oh well... it seemed they were alike enough that he understood the occasional need for a mindless character to play to get you by when you didn't want to just drown in new mechanics or tactics. "That too, sometimes you need to relax~ I'm for that... mindless grind every once in a while," she mentioned of herself. As they walked around and peeked into shops, Yugi questioned exactly what they were shopping for. Such a normal question to ask, and Kimiko had a set of rather normal answers. "Hm, well a few things for me. You know some extra lingerie, a small bag, maybe a spare toothbrush and the like. Blue Lotus has a store here I like and her Men's Line launched recently so there might be a piece or two worth picking up for you. Oh and that phone I figured out you don't have... and maybe a controller. Gamers are kind of picky about that sort of thing and I tend to play with my keyboard even on console most of the time..." she said what an interesting list of things she offered. "I might also like a snack. I never eat while I am here but stuff always smells good but I never know what to get," she said looking more than a bit sheepish about it. Oh, what an interesting shopping trip this was going to be. All of that being discussed while she steered them towards her favored lingerie shop for purchases of undergarments not that she'd be wearing any right now, but just so she'd have some at his place for convenience sake.

"Eh? You could've easily done it though, right?" Yugi interjected. If not in their earliest moments, there was one blaring moment in which Kimiko could have committed to a pet build regardless of her missing pieces from a previous version of it. "We did all that summoning. You didn't have to send it all back into the pool; you had some great choices in there. Even one or two of them would have been great to start a pet build, but you kept feeding into my dumb idea of gambling on a Ryuuko. You didn't even have a reason to know it really existed," he carried on, thinking back to that day with a surprising amount of fondness. "That's one of the things that sold me, y'know? I still don't get why you were so surprised I was willing to share the mount."

On the list of things to shop for, there were... things one would expect of a person taking up temporary residency in a new location. Lingerie, a toothbrush─ such things were common commodities to have in tow for a hotel stay. Was it her plan to make that box of his a second home? Didn't she have obligations of some sort at her own place? Well, at the very least, they would need somewhere to hide away during their future school-skipping. Maybe it was all just for those days, but... that was doubtful. Moreover, she raised the topic of things for Yugi himself... including the phone he was lacking. "Eh?" he said first, only having that designer clothing line register in his mind moments after. "EH!? Chotto matte!" he shouted, clearly aghast. He even pulled away, throwing his hands up as if to shove away the thought of such purchases. "I don't need any of that stuff, really. I broke my phone, and I hardly ever used it anyway. And I've got enough clothes to get by; designer stuff isn't really my style either. I can help you pick out some choice foods though; my nose never lies!"

Yugi did as he always would. In a moment of gentle explanation, he questioned Kimiko's actions further than most people bothered to do. She found this to be an oddly endearing trait of his, and what was more, it wasn't was if he was incorrect in his assumptions. She could have built up her pets of choice at the time of their gambling spree. "Iie," she offered simply. "You were looking for something specific and you wanted it. I know how gachas work and within a few minutes of meeting that particular salesman I knew how much he'd push for such a mount," she said softly. An explanation of her actions while they were in the black market was something she hadn't expected to give some six months later, but if she was being honest she also looked up on this particular interaction fondly. "And when we have our hearts set on something we max it. And we go again until we get it. We don't take Ls when we do stuff like that... it's a pretty open attitude and I enjoy it, so I took it with me into that situation," she happily, paraphrasing her favorite British Streamer. "I made enough money in those rolls that I could have gotten a new pet if we split. And there was always the option of me tracking down Youko since I remembered where I'd left him. But it didn't matter that I didn't know about it, you did and you wanted it and I could help you get it, while building up starter funds. I saw no reason not to help in good faith," she said of her own philosophy. As for her surprise that he shared it, she could only shrug. "I wasn't expecting you to share something with me. You'd already agreed to partner with me with literally nothing but a single interaction to go off of, by all accounts a bit of distrust wouldn't have been uncalled for. I didn't help you get it with the intention of claiming partial ownership of it. I was fine helping you get it, just because you wanted it. The offer to share it in such a way was unexpected, you could have been selfish about it and I would have understood. I didn't understand the niceness, but I didn't dislike it at all."

Their first meeting in Eonis had been a clash of epic proportions. Both of them had done worlds of good for the other, shattering their own preconceptions at every instance of them interacting. Kimiko didn't understand the amount of fairness this lad showed her when people were innately selfish most of the time. It was even more incredible when she realized that it wasn't just an act, that he was simply nice that way to her in general. Beyond their graces in the other world, their current conversation about her shopping trip was also up for debate. She was being held up his hands up in the air as he unceremoniously turned down any purchases aimed at him. He claimed at the same time that he was willing to pick out food but that he was uninterested in designer clothing and the like. She tilted her head while looking at the lad as if confused by him. "Hm, of all the things I expected to negotiate this wasn't on the list..." she said in an offhanded manner. "You didn't use your phone much before... but you would use it now... you definitely want at least that..." she mentioned. "That part isn't really negotiable." she explained. She wanted him to have the phone. She'd get it and give it to him. Her own clothing and toiletry purchases would also be made regardless. Ah, and his clothing. "Blue Lotus is a designer but she's also a huge nerd, given what I've seen of your clothing choices you'd love the stuff in there. I won't force you to pick anything, but at least have a look around or two..." she said in the honest spirit of negotiation. "And you can choose the food. I'm not super picky, so I'll leave myself in your capable hands. Fair?"

Two teens entered a lingerie shop, and Gojo Satoru was swiping his credit card just across the strip. A trip to the changing room had been in order. Now, the off-duty male sported a grey turtleneck sweater with vertical pinstripes, wearing it beneath that same black coat. It wasn't much of a change, but he liked it. Now was perhaps the time he should do something about his sunglasses; they felt a bit too small, or like they were too much of a statement. Yes, he needed something more casual. Off he went to another nearby shop, just beside the lingerie store those teens were in. There he found several displays of sunglasses on rotators. What to choose?

In the meantime, Yugi was receiving the explanation of Kimiko's earliest dealings with him. What she said, sounded somewhat familiar. Had he heard something of the like on Youtube, or some other platform? Perhaps he did. "Even if it was going to be fine for you regardless, you still could've used that same time to make a way better business deal with way more benefits. From what I've seen of you, it probably wouldn't have taken five minutes to flip that merchant's whole business into a better cash grab. You could've even walked out with bags full of gold and a full collection of mounts─ your choice. Besides, why wouldn't I have decided to partner with you? First, there's the matter of it being a dumb idea to take on an Isekai scenario alone before confirming being the super OP protagonist. It helps that I was totally prepared to go down whatever romance plotline you had when I thought you were an NPC. As for distrust, forget about it. It didn't take long to recognize your face," he explained further, though the face he matched to that of Miki was not one seen in recent years at all. No, what he saw was a childhood memory... but that wasn't worth mentioning, he thought.

Yugi didn't need a phone, and he didn't need any new clothes. Kimiko disagreed, even more intently with the former clause than its successor. "Eh? It's not like I've gained friends and family out of the blue or anything. Won't Discord work well enough?" he pleaded. Another phone would just be another thing he'd break in a fit. He couldn't afford it, and if she thought to pay for him, that'd just make matters worse. Moving on, the girl insisted that he at least look at the brand she mentioned. Despite her talks of it being gear designed with people like them in mind, he didn't care at all for wearing expensive and sought-after things. Even if he liked something he saw, there was a pretty big chance he wouldn't be interested in having it. "Fine, fine. I'll look, but that's all. I hate wasting money on stuff I don't need."

While their resident police stalker picked out his sunglasses and changed clothes, Kimiko searched through racks picking out lace and silk thongs in her own size along with matching bras while carrying on the conversation. She seemed to pick based solely on visuals with no other implication of caring much about them in mind. She also picked up several individual pairs of lace lingerie. "You can say that, and sure I could have... but that isn't necessarily the best for making good first impressions. People don't often take my advice without knowing who I am ahead of time, as such I wasn't sure if it was going to be problematic for me to be fully myself or not," she explained of the situation at large. "Besides, I can always make money whenever I feel like it. But making a reasonable set of impressions is a lot harder for me to deal with," she said. "And that whole fear of not being the super OP Isekai protag is exactly how I ended up making the decision to try and partner with someone. Those kinds of situations never go well for girls who are on their own," she came to that conclusion with a curt head nod. Apparently he recognized her before hand and had no reason not to pair up with her. He also brought to light the idea that he was content to pursue her particular romance plot when he thought she might have been an NPC. "Haha~ Yeah, I also had that thought, totally wanted a reasonable companion without hulking build," she mentioned. "Also I had the thought that I sounded a bit too much like an NPC with my random lore drops but it was essential information at the time," she managed trying not to seem too sheepish. She was showing a small pair of black lace boy shorts stretching them gently as if looking for some sort of approval.

Still the lad was pleading, according to him Discord should have been enough. Hm, but that didn't really work for Kimiko. And she'd voice this to some extent in a moment. "I wonder about that, but what will you do if I want to send you stuff while we're both out together? I mean Discord works as a medium but it is only as useful as the method one uses to communicate," she said, with a knowing smirk on her face. This wasn't simply a matter of communication, this was also a matter of perversion, however slight. Ah, was this a guy thing? One of those moments where, her making the purchase would be bothersome in some way? Hm, there had to be a good way to work around that for her own benefit? He'd put a literal planet in her pocket why should it matter to him if she made purchases with what was a nearly infinite amount of cash? Ah, there it was, he said it himself he hated wasting money on things he didn't need. What a strange ideology. "Hm, I don't see purchases as wastes of money. Sitting on large sums of money without putting it into use is far more wasteful. Everyone suffers when trade dries up. Every transaction which involves money has pretty far reaching effects, so spending is stimulation and necessary for the benefit of all," Kimiko explained of herself.

Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast