Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Shibuya

"Most, yeah~" was Yugi's reply. In all fairness, he could fully understand the lack of any forwardness in the Avatar Miki during those early days. In fact, he wouldn't be too surprised if she showed those same traits in future, given that form's general disposition. Her other selves, however, were a very different story. "Is it bad if a little part of me wishes Tamamo was your first Avatar instead?" With that question, Yugi held up one hand, nearly pinching his forefinger and thumb together as reference. "I'm sure she wouldn't have had many second thoughts about it, if any at all."

Finally, they were far enough from the lingerie shop that Yugi could feel a bit more comfortable. As enjoyable as it was to let his mind wander in a store like that, it wasn't worth all the skeptical looks and that constant crawling sensation at the back of his neck. Just as he thought, the next destination was an electronic store featuring smartphones aplenty. Price tags were everywhere, none within what Yugi would consider a comfortable range. It was so wasteful to shop here, but what he considered a waste was mere pocket change to wealthy society. Color preference was something Kimiko wished to know. Normally, he'd just go for whatever the cheapest option was to use any extra money on something else. In this case, though, he doubted he would have to look around and choose his own device. "Uh... I dunno? Something plain, I guess?" he answered. How anyone concerned themselves with trivial things like color when these prices were so ridiculous, he didn't understand. Nevertheless, this clearly wasn't his element─ it was hers.

Kimiko couldn't help but scoff. Of course, this was about what she expected of him. The lack of forwardness in her first Avatar was also to be expected. When playing games as often as she did, her first character was always as good as they could be. Miki had ended up, overly conscientious and very soft by comparison. Basically the lite version of her. Apparently, Yugi thought that at least just a little he would have enjoyed Tamamo as her first character instead. He even made a small gesture with his fingers and explained that she likely wouldn't have had any of the same hang ups as her original Avatar. "Iie, it isn't that big a deal. To be fair, I like being her, though I am quite sure she is only focused on what she wants to do..." she said of her kitsune youkai character. "Besides, she wouldn't have had second thoughts because she can read people easily. Fewer hang-ups to have when you can already properly interpret interest~" Kimiko stated. The ability to read people wasn't one that Miki as a character had as an ability. Someone like Tamamo had no issue reading the minds and bodies of others, as such she wouldn't have interpreted Kou's softness as disinterest in the same way that Miki did.

Moving right along, Yugi seemed more comfortable outside of the lingerie store than he'd been inside of it. That much was a bit expected, given he likely was trying to appear as normal as possible. That was just another cute thing about him, that Kimiko would keep in mind for the future. Right now, she was in the processing of getting him a phone, which didn't really require much at all. She simply needed to get his opinion, and apparently he didn't have much of one to work with. "Oh, that's pretty daring isn't it~" she questioned cheekily. Kimiko walked towards the display picking up a memory card similar to the one she'd gotten for her own phone, as well as a plain drop proof case. She'd walk up to the counter with these objects and make a request. Before she could though, she'd of course be greeted by a man in glasses and a white button up shirt. "Hello, did you find everything alright?" asked this person who didn't seem to catch the lass' full attention. "Hi. Yes. Most of it, but I need one more thing. Let me get these, and another of this phone added to my contract," she said tapping her phone against the connective display to give the person's screen the information they needed to get to work. "Um... I'd need confirmation to do that..." he said while looking at the screen. "I'm aware... send it through," she said that masked look on her face reappearing with little to no provocation, even behind the large sunglasses she was wearing. A second thereafter a message popped up on her phone screen and she typed back the required code and the man scurried off to get the phone she'd asked for. "Oh... well. Everything seems to be in order." he clamored while walking away. "Sure you don't want something more interesting than... plain?" she asked of Yugi, in her general teasing fashion, an almost complete switch of personality taking place in the moment.

With Kimiko's most recent statement, Yugi came to a conclusion regarding her newest Avatar, Tamamo. He thought it to be a decent reference to one thing more than anything else, but now that he thought about it a bit more, there was something else coming to mind. "Hmm," he said, offering a few more moments of contemplation. "I thought Naruto before, but now that you say that... she's like the kid of a weird Izuna and Leishi thing, yeah? That ability of hers is a lot like Leishi's thing─" At the very least, one could say Yugi's mind was functioning properly again. He still hadn't caught on to what the lass was saying earlier, and in fact, he'd moved past it entirely. Well, at least he knew any of his forms could be interpreted fully by at least one of hers.

A plain phone was about all Yugi could ask for. He really couldn't bring himself to care about color, model, series, or anything like that. He'd never even been in possession of a case or any such thing; his pocket was good enough, and that was an excessive purchase. "I think daring is the part where I break another phone because it's been hacked again. I should warn you before you finish that purchase─ I won't hesitate to break another one for the same reason. Never trust a group of crazies who can get into your shit," he explained with another sigh. While the salesman dealt with processing Kimiko's multiple requests, Yugi stood aside, arms crossed and backside against the counter's edge. Even in a more comfortable state, he seemed off-putting to the general public. When asked if he wanted anything more than just plain, he nearly scoffed. "Sure! At this rate, I'll take a mansion. Let's say... a thousand servants minimum, a whole island as my backyard, and... a moat!" With that said, Yugi took a moment in which he appeared to be thinking. He wasn't, really, but he felt such an action would sell the jest. "Let me know when it's becoming unreasonable, but the list goes on~"

Yugi's mind seemed to be functioning again. This was made obvious by a certain reference being made regarding her resident Miko Youkai. It seemed he'd come to the conclusion that the character was a bit less Naruto and a bit more Highschool DxD. A chuckle escaped her as she gave a little nod of her head. "Yeah, I can't lie Izuna and Leishi are definitely some hard favorites... and their abilities together come out to a decent bit of fun. Especially with a touch of Eira for good measure~" she said of the character's design. As far as she was concerned, Tamamo was a godsend for an Avatar. She did quite a bit of work to make sure the girl could properly interact with the different forms Yugi had during their time in Ryozanpaku. What an interesting time that had been as well...

That aside, Kimiko was soon hearing out the lad's complaints. Apparently, among the many issues the lad had, a hacked phone was among his problems when dealing with those strange cultists. He claimed he would break another if it happened again and she found that to be an acceptable thing to say. "Well, that isn't a big deal at all. Full coverage insurance for phones is a necessity for someone like me anyways~" she mused. Still if he was bothered by the idea of being hacked again she could potentially help. "I have someone on payroll to deal with potential hackers and that sort of thing. If you're worried you're bugged or anything like that I could have you checked out," she offered rather freely. The lass was the sort of person who would have offered such a thing to anyone she cared about that expressed such an issue. But she was more than willing to share her near infinite resources with someone like Yugi. Speaking of sharing, the lad was comfortably leaning against the counter seeming to cause a large bubble of space around him with his vary presence. Beyond that he looked rather relaxed to her, she even happily took in his thinking face, even if it was only in jest. All of the outlandish things he'd just asked for and only one thing came to mind. "Eh? Moat? What do you need that for... are you planning to keep the Black Knight at bay?" she questioned sarcastically. "The rest of that though... can be ready in a few hours as long as you aren't picky about the location~" she chimed, though it was sarcastic on her part. All of that stuff wasn't really that hard to get. At the same time a man returned from the back of the store with the phone and started the process of its activation. "It will be just a moment..." he mentioned quietly, seeming to not want to properly interrupt this pair of individuals right just now.

The pair of characters they spoke about were certainly interesting ones. Yugi had been waiting a few years now to see a moment in which those two took the field of combat together, or even against each other. "Definitely a good combo. I really wish they'd sneak in just one fight. There are so many ways they could avoid blowing up the planet, or whatever dumb thing everyone's afraid of them doing," he ranted. There was another parallel to be drawn somewhere, but Yugi's mind was far too busy to reach the conclusion. Oh well; it was all just banter anyway. Reminiscing on the many days spent in the other world was refreshing, and didn't require too much consideration to any one thing, considering how many things there were to look back on.

People actually went for full coverage insurance on phones? Ridiculous. Though, Yugi thought it was something he could benefit from. He never could, however, as he was never one to deal with phone contracts and the like. That was something of a surprising topic that would hit him momentarily, but first came the idea of some person who could help his situation of someone bypassing his security. "Oh? I'll take you up on that without a doubt. I'm not sure how anyone managed to get into my shit, but I don't trust that group not to still have me bugged. I've just got that itch, y'know?" he claimed. Then, at last, came the realization. What did she say about contracts? "Wait, your contract? That's─" What could he even say? There was no point arguing now, lest the earlier situation repeat itself. If he was going to give in at some point regardless, it was best done without any extra time wasted. So, back to the banter he went. "No Black Knight, no White Knight. Only trust the grey ones, and those are the ones that know how to bypass a moat! Oh, and don't let me get started on the location. I want it right over Trophaeum Island!"

Yugi was quite right. Kimiko couldn't deny waiting on such an epic turn of events as Leishi and Izuna in the same place at the same time doing some kind of epic combat. Not that most people nor any enemies would survive something like that. "Same. It's a shame we haven't seen them doing anything else. At this point I feel like its overhyped, and we aren't going to get to see it until some epic Lucaro v. Eira Rating Game," she said with a slight pout settling in on her face. At this point, she was almost no better than those people in that fictional world who were stalking the pair thinking them some sort of secret lovers. Still, she could appreciate the ease in conversation they were having, even about all the random things they were choosing to focus on. She found it comforting that someone could follow the randomness that was her line of thought and only have more to work with in response.

Beyond this point though, was the matter of Yugi's apparent lack of security currently. According to the lad, he'd easily take her up on the offer to have his place swept for bugs and the like. He apparently simply didn't trust the idea that he was not still being bugged after having his security compromised. "Well, even if they aren't still bugging you, it's hard to feel properly comfortable after knowing you've been bugged. I totally get that. I had my entire house swept just to be certain the police weren't bugging me," she said with a curt nod. Of course, the police were still following her, but that was to be expected given the way she'd left police custody. Regardless, she'd arrange for Yugi to have the same treatment. "Anyways, I'll make the arrangements. Hm, she's still skittish around me though, I'll have to make sure not to give her too much of a hard time..." she said mostly to herself while sending out a text message from her own phone. I need a bug sweep at a place not my own. Can you do it? What a strange message that was to send, it would surprisingly immediately be sent back triple vibrating in the lass' hand. Boss. I can. But assuming it isn't a place I've got a set connection. I'll have to show up there to do it. I'd need a bit of time as well... I just woke up. That follow up message was just the sort of thing she expected. Hai hai, take your time. I'm hanging out right now so I am bit preoccupied anyways. Besides I need to clear a time with him first. Let me know when you are ready for standby. And that would be it. A quick set of messages exchanged while she chatted up her boyfriend. The girl on the other side found it strange. She didn't know her boss had casual acquaintances. Well something new was learned everyday.

All the while it seemed she wouldn't have to argue with the lad at all about the addition of him to her own cellphone contract. It was hardly an annoyance to her to begin with aside from having to come all the way here to activate it. And this was a small thing he should accept it. Instead more banter was incoming about the supposed location he wished for, "I am pretty sure I can get a couple of private islands in the Bermuda Triangle for nothing. I don't think the Grey Knights are gonna know what to do about hurricane season though..." she rolled right along with it. "Oh and my IT person is on call let me know when you want your place swept."

"Right? Though I think there's a good chance of Izuna going over the edge. Him obviously being a weird male Kyuubi in that world, I think he'll have plenty of opportunities to lose his shit. Leishi's gotta be on a very small list of people who could do something about that," Yugi carried on. There was a high possibility of both mentioned outcomes, and in fact, Yugi wondered which it would be. Surely one had to be the answer, bar the slight chance of those characters' battle being a random decision by their whims. How disappointing that would be, comparatively.

If nothing else, Yugi could trust that a contact/employee of Kimiko would be able to scan his abode without instead becoming one to place their own bugs. The task they currently discussed was therefore one he looked forward to for his own sanity. How many times had he spoken to an empty wall by now? Not many in reality, but too many by his own approximation. It came as no surprise that the mentioned girl was somewhat timid in Kimiko's presence; he imagined most people were, especially those she had on payroll. "I'd expect as much. I would expect to do a decent bit of the talking anyway, considering I'm the one in need of a thing. That could take some of the edge off, yeah?" the lad asked. Kimiko went on to exchange some messages with her contact for the sake of making arrangements, and in that time, Yugi watched the slight shift to her facial expression occur. Strange, it was. Once that was over, the girl addressed their existing conversation regarding a hypothetical mansion, moat and private island. "Oi oi, no fair! I think of Kou like a Grey Knight sometimes, and he'd take on a hurricane no problem. I'm sure those other peasant knights could manage eventually~" he joked. As for her contact, he didn't particularly care about a time. As far as Yugi himself knew, he wasn't going to be away from home any time soon, aside from... well, the school attendance he'd recently agreed to. "Whatever time works for them, works for me. It's not like I ever go anywhere. As soon as they're available, I'm available."

Yugi's theory on the Highschool DxD plotline was one she could understand. It was very possible for the character known as Izuna to fly off the handle, he'd been shown going dangerously close to such territory a couple of times on screen. "Hm, that is pretty true. Izuna is definitely in the top three worse tempers. He'd fly off the handle and the number of people who could combat him would be rather low... Leishi is probably a good person to just have on call," she said with a a bit of a pensive look crossing her face. "I do wonder about Leishi's placement though, he seems to belong to Eira more than Lucaro. Ugh, that hiatus is killing me~" she said remembering a certain scene where the lad spoke frankly to the girl in the same manner as the most trusted members of her Peerage. There were always so many different aspects of lore to consider in Aeons works, it made such talks well worth while. Besides, she really enjoyed talking to Yugi.

Her texts were sent with Yugi watching, she had nothing to hide and didn't bother with it, but couldn't help a mental curiosity. Why was he watching? Did she do something weird? She'd have to wait and see what he said about the situation to figure it out. Oh, he had something to say about her staff interactions. He was right, him being around would likely take the edge off the situation. "Hai, it would probably soften the blow quite a bit. She is pretty soft spoken and indirect when we're in the same room. It took her a few months to talk to me directly after I hired her. She's really clever though and the absolute best at what she does. And to everyone else she's pretty cool, when she's had enough sleep and isn't depressed about her gacha pulls," she explained the situation. All the while the phone was being set up and the man behind the counter didn't seem to know what to think. This girl and the boy she was with were about to make a purchase for over what his salary in a single section was worth and they weren't impolite but felt oddly intimidating nonetheless. Whatever the case, they were back to joking so he'd take the liberty of putting the smartphone in its case and making sure it was properly fit with its ridiculously large memory chip. "Oh? Well, if he's not going to have a problem with the hurricanes I'll get right on it~" she joked as well, finding it in her to be amused more than anything else. By the time the man was clearing his throat she was reaching over for the phone and swiping her card again as if it didn't matter to her. "Everything here is included and this line will appear on the next billing cycle. Thank you for your continued patronage," said the man Kimiko gave a casual shrug, even though he'd become more and more formal the longer she stood there. "Hai hai, thank you." she said paying for the whole thing. It would take her a single moment to send an open transfer of data so she could be the first number programmed into his phone and he would now be in hers. Afterwards, she'd hold out the phone for Yugi. "Here." she said handing it over along with the bag with the packaging and accessories for the device. With that they were clear to leave but she wouldn't forget what was going on here. "I'll let her know. She just woke up so I'll probably shoot her a text when we leave here," she mentioned of her IT person. They'd soon be back on their way into drum of the mall. Technically, before reaching the haven that was the Blue Lotus store, they'd have the pass the food court, that delicious place that Kimiko never knew how to deal with...

Of all the series created by the Aeons, the one they spoke of was likely one of Yugi's most anticipated. While waiting around for the next release, he could at least now take solace in conversation about this, and various manga written by that group with Kimiko. Ah, speaking of releases... Yugi stopped considering all things related to the current series. There was something incredibly important that they hadn't spoken of since their time in the other world. How many days had they been gone here? "Three days," he said, realizing thereafter that there was no actual connection to the words he spoke. What was happening? Oh. She was already handing him the phone, and had already paid for it? Right.

Yugi took the phone in hand, but their conversation had to stop immediately! This matter was one of such great importance, Yugi stopped right in the middle of the mall, almost beating himself over the head for having the audacity to forget. "Fuck fuck fuck! We're dumb! Why are we here!?" he asked both of Kimiko, and of the universe itself. He seemed so legitimately upset, and perhaps... he was? "I mean, thanks and all, but... fuck!" The longer he went on, the more of a flailing mess he was. Arms were all over the place, he was slightly hunched over, nearly scowling at his own stupidity. "It's only been three days! THREE! DAYS! Transylvania has been out for like fifty fucking years by now, and we haven't watched it!"

Indeed. Damned be the phone, the clothes, the wonderful smell of food that would shave years off their young lives! The most anticipated movie of the year thus far was out, and despite sharing excitement about it some months ago. They could have been watching it the night before! What a terrible lapse in memory. . .

Three days? What was that connected to? There were many things that could take place over a three day time period. Kimiko herself remembered the count of three days for various reasons just concerning the lad she was with and their sexual activities. But here stopped in the middle of the mall, the lad seemed to be hung up on something They were dumb? "Are?" she mumbled, they still weren't quite there yet, but she wouldn't have to wait too long for the lad to catch up. The lad had been going on, he'd thanked her for the phone but it seemed they were missing something rather important. The Aeons. The Aeons had one of their series turned into a movie. And they'd both discussed their excitement over the coming title before but... they had forgotten it upon their return. "Shimatta! We HAVE to go!!!" the girl said she was now just as frantic as he was.

"How the hell did we forget that?! It's like the most important release of our lives!" she said the nerd in her having reached epic proportions. She wasn't hungry anymore. She didn't care about food or even getting the rest of their shopping done. She had to get tickets, they had to go see this movie. Then she took a deep breath and began typing on her phone, remembering something important. "Wait wait wait..." she said still standing beside the lad in the middle of the walkway managing not to look too crazed. "We're in a mall... in a shopping district. There are like 10 movie theaters around here. One will be showing it," she managed pulling herself together after literally freaking out harder than she had at any other point since her return to this world. "Just uh, let me look it up. I'll get tickets..." she said as she began typing in information on her phone and looking for the most immediate showing in the area they could reach in time and see the movie.

Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast