Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Shibuya

Pride didn't sound right, she said. He'd seen otherwise. This girl stood at the top of the world... a world of her own creation, in a way. Oh, but it seemed he was quite wrong in what that meant. Her refusal to acknowledge being one of many, her claim that his thinking was too small for her, her desire to have both worlds instead of sacrificing one for another─ they were such obvious signs. How could he have been so blind? He could see it so clearly in her face now, and hear it so loudly in her words. "You are..."

Though he thought himself otherwise, Regulus was among the greediest of people. To hear someone exemplify a greater greed than his own, he could hardly contain himself. His eyes were wide, and his grin wider. In his mind, he knew exactly what she was. Regulus rose from his chair, slamming his hands onto the table as he leaned over it excitedly. "Greed! All this time, and I never knew it was you! You are the Witch of Greed! I've got it all wrong; you're the one I should be following! How you wound up here is beyond me, but I am your servant, my Ruler!~ You want both worlds, yes? I, Regulus Corneas, will make it happen in your great name!"

This man took on a way too excited face looking at her. Had she just talked herself into a problem? There was skepticism in those eyes of hers and they moved on to being shocked and confused. The man in front of her, Regulus as he was calling himself, claimed that he was a worshipper of hers. He referred to himself as her servant. This was very strange, but it was obvious at this point that the man before her came from the other world and was familiar at least with some of her exploits, whether she'd completed them yet or not was an entirely different matter. "Uh-huh, I am not at all used to these sorts of mood swings, but if it means you'll do as I say and stop claiming you're going to marry me, it works in my favor," she said still seeming to be rather aloof about the whole of the situation. There was still the matter of this police station to deal with and the matter concerning both worlds, but her primary focus was locating the Geno Killer and nothing would get between her and that focus. "I am not the type of person to make others do things for me. I definitely don't want my name associated with an action I haven't yet fully sanctioned. If I am going to have both worlds I'll do it on my own terms and if I find use for you during that, I'll let you know. Regardless, before I even think about all of that... there is something I desire and it has nothing to do with you or your Holy Grail War. And I'll have it first and everything else is an afterthought," she said very firmly. She had no desire to be part of any other world shenanigans until she found the lad she considered her partner and settled up. Her own desires couldn't be denied by her and she'd have it this way or no way.

Making the general assumption that this man would be fine with the sort of terms she laid down she had but one more thing to say. "So, is there a specific way I contact you or is this one and done sort of thing?" she asked of the meeting. It was a surprisingly long amount of time between now and the officer leaving to get her water, and she had no intention of trying to explain this man's presence. Though given the amount of silence around them she could assume he had some left over power from the other world. Hell she was pretty sure he'd destroyed or stopped the cameras given that no one had barged in yet.

Regulus would of course do as the 'Witch' said for the time being, but would he cease claiming they would be wed? Of course he wouldn't! He could see their wedding day as a clear and certain future, but it was of little to no importance at this very moment. His excitement grew nonetheless. This girl spoke of claiming both worlds on her own terms, and that was yet another level of greed he could only appreciate in the end. Her desire, as well, was for something very specific, yet unmentioned. Either way, the fact that she put her own desires first and foremost was exhilarating to one such as Regulus. No other could call themselves more worthy to be his wife, just as only he had enough greed to call himself the husband of this Witch! "Of course! Your desire is my desire! If I see your Greed fulfilled, then I am victorious!" he chanted.

It seemed Kimiko thought this may have been a temporary ordeal, his... 'alliance' with her. There was no such thing. How she even reached such a potential conclusion was beyond him, but as it was a question, he saw fit to answer accordingly. "Your Authority calls to me. Whether you understand or not, now that I know, I can feel it," he explained while grasping the air, as if holding something tangible in his hand. "You can reach me with Greed alone, or... call for me. So long as we have a connection, I will feel your summons... and answer immediately~"

"Uh-huh..." Kimiko muttered aloud. She still hadn't moved, her visage held that practiced smile but she was mostly just trying to get rid of this man. His words about her Greed being satisfied being a victory for him was one she couldn't believe. Mostly because she was fairly certain that if he understood what or rather who it was she wanted, he likely wouldn't be okay it. That was at least as assumable as her own desire to be someone's only choice. In fact, she couldn't imagine anyone properly told this man no, and didn't really want to find out what would happen if he actually felt like his outlandish notions were being challenged. Life and gaming experiences told her the outcome wouldn't be pretty. 'Hm, I really can't deal with this man until I am sure of my own powers here. To be honest this level of fanaticism makes me want to kill him... I feel like I'll end up doing so for my own safety at some point in the future,' she thought as absently as she'd thought about quitting GTA Online after being annoyed by another individual who thought they were suited to making claims for her time and attention. But the plan for now was non-binding placation and distance. And that would work, for a time at least.

Though the man before her gave her very creepy vibes, he was at least rather free with information. Whatever this Authority she possessed was, it called to him on a level deeper than she'd like. She'd have to figure out how to properly harness this at some point in the future, but for now, she knew she could potentially contact him again if she felt like it."Sou ka, this 'Greed' connects us and it will summon you to me if I feel like doing so," she paused her outward speech. 'This guy is more like a pet than a person. And not even one I'd choose for myself. That's so gross... It's like having a weird stalker that knows how I'm feeling...' Kimiko thought. She found something about this man repulsive but at least she understood a little of what triggered his worship of her. "Alright then. I need you to go for now. I don't want to have to explain you to the cops. Nor do people just doing their jobs need to be harmed to get me out of here. If I find use of you... I'll summon you. Until then, stay out of my way..." She said the last with a smile on her face, but there was an underlying seriousness in her eyes. Some people found this sort of speech from her threatening but it was one of her most basic personality functions to be this way.

What would she have of him first, he wondered. No matter the case, it would all be progress toward her overarching goals in the end, and thus would progress his own goals as well. As the Sin Archbishop representing Greed, his ultimate desire was ensuring the fruitful endeavors of Greed itself... and in this case, Kimiko was the embodiment of Greed. She at least understood that it was her Greed keeping them connected, which would always be the case so long as he served her as Archbishop. That, of course, was something he would never not do, so long as she proved herself to be the Witch of Greed, as he knew in the depths of his soul that she was. "When needed, yes. I will claim victory in the war regardless, but it will make quite the statement when the Witch herself decides to join."

Now, there was the matter of what Kimiko actually wanted. Her intention was for him to leave, all so she didn't have to explain things to the police. She didn't believe the officers and investigators needed to be harmed, and would rather he stay out of her way until she had use of him. How foolish; he had already made himself useful. That same unassuming smile stretched across Regulus' face once more, as he explained the situation Kimiko was actually in here and now. "I offered you an exit through my hand earlier, and you refused. Walk out of this building. No one here, besides us, has even been able to move since I arrived. Any records of you being brought in, don't even exist. Go. Seek your goals."

She wasn't quite sure how she felt about his statements of need. She didn't need him, she didn't really want him if she was being honest. But that was a simple matter, her own desires were for another. It likely didn't help that he gave off creepy vibes but that may not have been entirely his own fault. "Hmm...." there was much to consider though and none of it required a direct answer. Until of course the ending.

Strangely this man had already made himself useful according to him, he'd already erased her arrest and questioning. Beyond this none here would even remember, that she'd been here. How strange. Kimiko stood for the first time and walked towards the door. She didn't like the idea that she was taking any kind of order from this man and strangely felt the need to maintain a certain amount of dominance over him. She opened the door and peeked out into what should have been a bustling police station and found it still. Motionless soundless, even to the point of it being unnerving. "Sou ka. That is actually pretty reasonable work. Nice job." she said not one to hold back praise even when creeped out. If nothing else, she had to respect his moxie. Even if she didn't like it being directed at her. She turned back to him as she pulled her hood up over her head in the manner she felt most comfortable. "Don't get the wrong idea though. I take what I want... and that last part still stands. Ja ne~" She ended their conversation with the reminder that she wanted him to stay out of her way. She had no desire to get too caught up with this individual, though now she had a full idea that her powers might still be useful here. She'd have to test them, as well as doing something else.

Ashikaga Kimiko moved about in her pink hoodie, dodging the random bodies of the frozen police officers until she hit the outdoors. Assuming nothing else got in her way, she'd be walking the streets of Shibuya that she remembered with new thoughts in her head. All of them concerning the Geno Killer and how to find him. She remembered waiting on his reply during their gift exchange in Atlantis. She'd been such a ball of nerves for days and days. She wasn't sure how she planned to find him exactly yet, but she knew she'd need at least a little time. Perhaps then there was a way to let him know. A smirk came to her face, as she had an idea. It was a pretty simple idea for a very unique message to be left for the lad and as such her path of walking took her towards their favorite arcade. Once there she placed a token in a certain game, one that came to mind because of their discussions. An earlier version of GTA which was like an arena battler game. It was considered a classic but she'd had a good go of it a few times. Here she'd stand and play for a reasonable amount of time. With her hood up at this hour no one was really playing attention to her. This place was one of her favorites because as long as one didn't come here during the school release rush it was quiet. Perhaps this was why the lad known as Geno Killer also frequented this place. Leaving this message would take a great deal of time, and almost broke the high score mechanic. Even so, it was worth it to leave this message, three top scores were created by her. All of them a single word to give the lad some understanding of her current motivation. 9,012,012. That was a really high score. Higher than even the last one up. 6,901,404 A number also basically unattainable by anyone else. 2,515,021. All of those things together were a bit more complicated as a cipher than her original one to him. Each 0 was just there as a place holder, to bolster her scores enough that they couldn't be topped. Moreover, each of the sets of digits beyond that were connected to a letter. A secret message from Kimiko to Geno Killer so he'd know not to give up on her. It was simple this message and though the puzzle was slightly more complicated, she had faith he'd understand. Her desires were strong and she needed him to know how she felt. That message... would he even see it? After spending what most would consider a ridiculous amount of time, inside of this Arcade she left walking back towards her own house. She could have called for a car, but she'd use her walking time to think.

The most casual bow was all Regulus gave as a response to Kimiko's praising. One didn't need to tell him he'd done well; it was simply a fact of life that all he did could be considered an amazing method of doing anything. It seemed however, that Kimiko wished to have him stay away from her regardless. It didn't matter if they were in close proximity; the Witch of Greed would acknowledge his efforts, and there was nothing short of truth in that. "As you wish, my greedy mistress. I'll be seeing you~" he offered as a farewell, seeming content to remain in the vicinity while Kimiko took her leave.

After the annoying meeting with some strange, otherworldly cult, Aiba Yugi made his way home. It had been a while since he'd eaten, even in the other world, but he was in for a time that was both satisfying and unsatisfying. Poor as he was, there was hardly a thing in that storage crate he used as a home besides cup ramen. Naturally, he was going to eat and enjoy it, but he couldn't do so at all without his mind wandering. Kimiko had once mentioned never experiencing cup ramen before─ a moment in which her status as an incredibly wealthy individual showed itself. He remembered being adamant about the idea of locating an equivalent in the other world, just to offer her the experience those in her situation were missing. How droll; the one thing he could think to offer was an almost mandatory meal for those in his own situation. Ah, but he was thinking too much about that. In his mind, there was a very real chance that all those thoughts and decisions no longer mattered.

Once he'd eaten, Yugi decided it was time to return to life as he knew it. He couldn't sit around being lost in his own head forever. He was the Geno Killer, and as such, there was something he always had to do. He left home again, heading to his most frequented arcade as he always did. He was closer at home than he was when heading there after school, so he arrived just a bit earlier than he normally did. Still, the setting sun bid him farewell as he stepped inside the darkened building to play a large chunk of his evening away. There was little traffic, but he always arrived wearing an oversized brown trench coat with a high collar, and a large hat which cast a shadow over his face. There were so many leaderboards to be topped by the lad who looked far sketchier than he needed to, though apparently not much worse than the regular, sweaty customers entering this arcade. One after another, he took away top scores─ including his own from days before. One particular game captured his eye for unusual reasons. Grand Theft Auto was something he and Miki had discussed during their time in Eonis, and the nostalgia of the conversation alone brought him to play for a bit. The interesting thing came when he saw the top three scores, which made him take pause after a moment of observation. Was he to take some sort of message from those three scores, made by a single person in a single sitting? Perhaps he could crack the code, if so. Ah, yes... there were a few ways he could look at this and take some sort of message, but there was one method used which made his eyes widen toward the screen. "Nana... juuni, juuni..." he chanted as he counted each number in his mind. A few moments later, there was a grin upon his face. Well, perhaps he would return a message. . .

Yugi's eyes began to glow red in a way he couldn't realize himself, as he focused on the game ahead of him. All onlookers were capable of seeing was the wide grin on his face, but a few others did swarm around him while watching the highest score be challenged. It was almost as if something had come over him; his performance in this game could be called nothing short of perfection. This arcade's games had a certain feature he wanted to use, which allowed the top score of a game to issue challenges to others on the leaderboard, so long as their own score overthrew second place by a certain amount. With what Kimiko had managed, there was only one way for him to issue challenges in this game. One hour. For one hour, the Geno Killer played a single run until he achieved the highest possible score. When the time came to insert his name at the end, the top number shuffled at one second intervals between 9,999,999, and 0,000,001 while the game attempted to reach a number it couldn't fit on its screen. Now, he could return the message. After 'Geno Killer' was inserted, he pinned numerous scores in a very specific order. He had to scroll nearly to the bottom of the list. Ten challenges could be issued, and ten were issued. The first was a low score, only 9 points. Afterwards, he challenged one who scored 13 points, then one who scored 23 points. A random challenge was given to someone who managed to score only a single point, then another 9. Yugi then challenged a 20, yet another 9, a 14, and a 7. Only one remained, and it was the perfect number... because the final challenge was issued to what had become the #2 score on this game's leaderboard─ Kimiko's own.

With all of that done, it was time to take his leave. Those who sought the Geno Killer would soon be looking for him again, so Yugi thought to vacate the arcade before word spread around too much. All in all, he left half a dozen patrons crowded around one machine, but it didn't seem to be much of a problem. Back home he'd go. . .

While the Geno Killer spent a whole hour crushing high scores. A young blonde girl found herself watching for quite a while. What a strange boy. She'd been looking at this same arcade for quite a few days and had seen the other girl in the pink hoodie play the same game for hours. She'd watched as that girl left with a smug satisfaction on her face and she'd waited for others to move about. She seemed to go unseen. But every time she even gently bumped into someone, they immediately felt better. It was simply as if her being nearby brightened the lives of others. A pockmarked boy's face was cleared, a young woman with a limp suddenly straightened her gait. Oh, these were simply the movements of a place way too crowded for its own good. This world was so full... surely they should do something about it. Surely, the one she was looking for might have a better time doing something about this problem. This boy in the oversized trench coat was grinning as he played, very similar to that girl. But here and now, there was something done she hadn't even imagined. 'He beat a score like that? For what?' she wondered. Surely with those eyes that came from the world beyond, he could have done literally anything else with his time... perhaps... it was the sign she'd been searching for. She didn't recognize this lad, but they felt kindred in a way. Perhaps there was an obvious similarity. There was one she felt in her very soul, a pull from the deep. She pushed those blonde locks away. Tucked them deep under her blue and white hat. She took up pace walking alongside the lad as he headed home.

"I wonder, if you're a sinner like me?" she questioned. "I thought that girl might be Pride but she wreaks of something else. I can smell her in the air, she smells like him. Oh well... I can't associate myself with her. But you... you could be Pride." she said softly. "Or maybe not... you might be a bit too familiar to be that," she spoke easily. She wasn't like the previous people. She'd been active. For quite a long time she'd been in this world. Enough that she understood games and things. Perhaps even a bit of an Urban Legend herself now that she moved about in such a way. Not that it mattered she turned her large blue eyes up at this young man and waited for his reply.

Home... that was his goal. Maybe eventually, he'd be allowed to do the things he wanted in the time he wanted to do them. He wanted to think over recent occurrences, and some annoying cult got in his way. He wanted to play his games, and his own secret identity got in his way. He wanted to go back home and be done with the events of this day, and now... he was being followed by another damned psychopath! Someone talking to him out of the blue while he made this trip was hardly strange. He was approached like this every now and again by pesky children, usually trying to pin him as a flasher, or a train molester. He never let the speeches bother him on his scenic trip home, but the words spoken by this feminine voice were of a different nature entirely. . .

Was he a sinner? In many ways, he would agree without a second thought. In this world alone, he had caused such horrible things to happen through actions that he thought were for the best at the time. Strangely though, this girl seemed to be on a very different wavelength than even himself. This talk of 'Pride' and some girl, who went compared to him in such a way could only have been Kimiko during her earlier arcade trip, was... somewhat off-putting. "Yare yare," he uttered, knowing this was about to be another thorn in his side. "What the hell are you even talking about? Pride? Sounds dumb; go away."

"Hm?" the girl's large blue eyes flickered over this lad. He did indeed have the general look of a molester or flasher, but that didn't matter. She'd seen the glow in his eyes, she knew there was something much more to him than something so mundane. "I'm looking for a Witch of Sin. I can sense them, Pride is the leader of all we'd all follow that one, but..." she paused. "No one knows who Pride is. I thought it might have been that girl her actions made it seem so... but then, she got Greedy!~" she chimed seeming to find it amusing. "She's definitely the Witch of Greed. So... she'll be associated with him," she mentioned. "Ah, but you wanted me to go away. That's strange, someone who came from the other world should be a bit more happy to see another like them. Unless you've already ran into one of the others... then it would make sense that you weren't happy to find another like minded individual!~" the girl spoke like she was thinking about things and she was, but there was more at stake than something so small.

"One who was Pride would definitely admit it though..." she said softly. "So you have to be one of the other ones then. But what sins fit a gamer aside from Greed and Pride?"

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast